St George Car finance

Outback BobSYDNEY

Not Happy

Frank

Frank Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unreasonable process for missed payment

Unreasonable manner in which they deal with a missed payment and then affect a credit rating. Especially cruel post-covid difficulties. I will Never again use St George for finance again.

jono

jonoAU

How long do we have to wait on the phone for an operator to answer seriously no customer service at all Fix your crap

Haven't had the chance to experience anything no one picks up the phone hire more staff absolutely appealing service to have to call back on more than one occasion and told to wait 15 minutes

Disgruntled customer

Disgruntled customerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor service and absolute rip off

Vague “Break out fee”

This review is for St George Financing, not St George bank, who have very different fees. I knew there was a payout fee, but what I didn’t realise is that the ‘Break out’ fee is calculated on how much is still owing, rather than a set ‘payout fee’. The more owing, the higher the break out fee (over $700 for $18,500.) Daily interest is much higher than if you got a personal loan to buy a car through a bank. My advice- get a personal loan if you can (St George bank only charge $150 for early repayment fee).

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Bryson R.

Bryson R.Sydney, NSW

Pawn brokers...

Their business model seems to revolve around smoke, mirrors and misinformation during the application process. They refuse to supply account statements explaining that its “not their policy”. I imagine this because they don’t want remind you of the financial prison you’re in with their ridiculously high interest rates, fees and early termination penalties. You’ll do better ANYWHERE else, avoid at all costs.

Layla

LaylaSydney, NSW

Excellent experience!

Read your contract ,get informed properly and ask if you don’t understand something ,only hidden cost come from Dealership financier not from St.George Bank itself. There is a monthly banking fees like everywhere else ( cheaper then other banks), establishment fee and early termination fee but every single bank/financial institutions does have exactly the same rules. I had issues with receiving password but as soon as I rang customer service everything got sorted out in less then 7 minutes . Got my car , after that I received letter from St.George about my first repayment date.
I have no idea from where all those bad reviews coming from , stop scaring people with untrue experiences!

Lisa

LisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Extremely poor customer service!

Amaleen R.

Amaleen R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Screwed for life

St George bank has screwed me lifetime. I am paying 42k for a 25k car over 7 years. What a joke ? My first mistake was to get car on finance but they are supposed to explain the customers what it's like to get the finance ? My life is literally screwed until 2023. Please do not get finance from these guys at all. At all means at all. Think 100 times please

Matt

MattSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst finance

Chantiss Tarquin K.

Chantiss Tarquin K.South East Queensland, QLD

Thank you Locklon from St.George your HELP.

Thank you Locklon from St.George your HELP and kindness and understanding was GREAT :-)I'm very happy with my outcome..God bless 10/10 for ur help today..the phone cut off when we said bye so I'm posting this.

Damian

DamianSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hidden Fee's in everything

Ok first they use the car companies for getting your business, the car company asks for a deposit, they only tell you the interest rate not the comparison rate and they prey on those that think their credit is not good enough by offering long loans with very high comparison rate, they sting you with loads of fees that make no sense, only that they make a large profit from it, $1000 for the loan itself and then $1500 if you try to exit the loan early, beware this dodgy company.

Terry J.

Terry J.South East Queensland, QLD

Unprofessional institution

Do not deal with this finance company, there online system is a joke, the call center keeps you hanging on for 30 minutes before someone answers. Interest rates are daylight robbery! My vehicle has $58.00 owing on it currently as I always paid in an extra amount but the contract finalizes in April. They want to sting me an extra $150.00 for settlement instead of allowing me to settle the small amount owing. Terrible company with arrogant staff! Never again!

Brett

BrettMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Just...DON'T!

Just...DON'T. There are far better lenders and offers out there. Don't be pushed by the car yards into purchasing a vehicle financed by them. Never seen anything like it and any systems and service is almost non existent. A dinosaur of a bank that will be gone soon.

They will rip you off

We got finance for a brand new car we began paying on the week they said and we pay like $20 extra a fortnight and when we had our first service due right on Xmas we rang to see how much in advance we were only to be told we are $76 in arrears because we pay on the wrong week like seriously WTH would not recommend them