Stannard Family Homes

Stannard Family Homes

See the Best Home Builders in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Compact block with excellent practical house design

Using an existing house plan from other similar Stannard Family Homes we worked in consultation with the team and created a slightly modified design better suited to our requirements. Throughout the initial design drafts, interior selections, build process and subsequent build completion, we were kept fully updated. We would definitely consider building with Stannard Family Homes and would recommend them to people contemplating building with them. It has been a great experience and we love our home. Thank-you.

Site Admin
Structural Integrity
Plumbing & Waterproofing
Electrical & Lighting
Flooring
Build StagePost-Construction
Construction End DateApril 2018

Our Dream Home

Finding a builder that was willing to build our unique design within our budget was a challenge for us but the team at Stannard Family Homes were more than accommodating to our needs. Throughout the whole process, their excellent communication and availability to discuss any queries that arose gave us confidence and assurance. They are an efficient, highly organised and approachable team who made our dream home in to a reality. They delivered a quality home and met our expected build time. We greatly appreciate the work that Ryan, Phil, Terry and all of their trades did for us and highly recommend Stannard Family Homes.

Construction End DateDec 2018

Excellent builder who was flexible and efficient

Ryan Stannard helped me choose a triangular block to build my special house. The land was purchased in October 2015, Council approval was gained before Christmas, the build started in February 2016 and I moved in late June. I chose to get the concreting and fencing done by others so I lived on a 'building site' for a few more months but the Stannard team was very helpful in attending to the few tasks that arose in the next few months. The quality of the build was excellent and I would particularly like to praise the bricklayer and tiler, who each did superb work. Some of the admin team changed from my first meeting but I would like to thank Phil for all his friendly help.
Sadly I unexpectedly retired from work late 2017 and have moved back to Sydney but thanks to Stannard's my home sold easily because of its flexible design and high quality.

Construction End DateJun 2016

Our Dream Home Built by Stannard Family Homes

Wow what an experience the last 18 months has been, looking at multiple builders to build our dream home but as soon as we met with the team at Stannard we knew we had found our builder. the entire journey was full of communication and advise to help ensure we had all the information to complete our home. Once the design was over and the build started wow it went so smooth and quick, the level of professionalism was above what i thought i could get out of a builder, the quality is amazing and the finish incredible. The team managed the build so well and everything just went like clock work, as they say it just making sure everything is scheduled and planned and boy was it, everything happened when it was planned to. The level of customer service and support in providing options and being open to what we wanted was great, we spoke so often and emailed the team felt like part of my family. i have so much respect and envy for what the team at Stannards do and how they do it. A massive thankyou to everyone involved and Yes i'm more than happy to recommend Stannard Family Homes

Construction End DateAug 2018

Love Our Home - Great Service

The whole building process with Stannard was fantastic.
After meeting with lots of different builders Stannard stood out with there professionalism, great communication and nothing was to hard, and any phone calls or emails were answered without a problem.
Our friends and family could not believe how quickly our house was built it was perfectly timed with every trade.
The team were great to deal with from our first meeting with Phil who was very friendly and a great communicator. Wayne for bringing our vision to life with our design and Terry our Site Supervisor was fantastic and his trades.
We are very proud to have supported a local family business and couldn't have been happier.
Thank you Guys great work.
I would highly recommend Stannard Family Homes.

Construction End DateApr 2018

My Dream Home

I love everything about my house built by Stannard Family Homes. The whole process was exciting, watching it get built. Wayne helped me design my home to fit on my block and its perfect. We managed to get everything I wanted in it. The build is amazing and the detail and workmanship is impeccable. Thanks to Phil, Ryan and Terry for all your help, you guys are fantastic

Construction End DateMay 2018

We're really happy with our house and the service from Stannard Family Homes.

We asked Stannards to build a home that my wife and I designed. Our design included many custom features which was always going to be tricky to convey and execute. Phil and Terry from Stannards worked extremely hard to ensure our home looked and felt the way we envisioned it. It just so happened that we had 2 groups of friends building at the same time. We found ourselves sharing stories about our building experience during the construction. I'm very confident we chose the right builder as we have definitely had a more pleasant experience then our friends. One of the main differences being that Stannards are willing to listen and work with their clients. We had the supervisors number and he was willing to help us achieve our dream. A massive thankyou to everyone involved and Yes i'm more than happy to recommend Stannard Family Homes.

Construction End DateFeb 2018

What an awesome company!!

I have thoroughly enjoyed building with StAnnard family homes. The whole process from planning to handover has been positive. Every staff member works hard and displays above average service. Nothing is too hard and they are very responsive to any communication. The quality of work from all their trades is high. Phil made sure timelines were on track and details were accurate. When doing selections all companies were helpful and had a great range to choose from. They were quick to rectify any errors.
We did spend a lot of time researching which company would build our new home.
I am glad we chose StAnnard
They are an amazing team and I would not hesitate to recommend them to family and friends. With out a doubt I would build our next hone with them.
Thank you guys for making our experience a pleasant one.

Construction End DateFeb 2018

Lovely Home

The build and quality of the home was excellent and although we had an enormous problem with a neighbor and a
"tree " most obstacles were overcome by Stannards. The effort put in by Phil was above and beyond normal and in the latter stages by Paul. I felt that we were a little rushed at the end but it all came together rather well. We were a little disappointed with the quality of the roller door and the inefficient air conditioner for the area. Neither of these items took away the quality of the build. Overall a good experience, would recommend.

Construction End DateAug 2017

Awesome home! Absolutely love it!

We have had an awesome experience building with Stannard Family Homes. Phil & Wayne and the team have provided great service pre-build and throughout to completion, the communication was great, they had a "nothing is too hard" attitude to any of our requests.
Our home was built on time and on budget - Not 1 day over schedule, not $1 over budget! very impressive! Even despite it being a custom home on an interesting block of land which provided many challenges along the way. Wayne's design works perfectly for our block of land, and meets our requirements perfectly for family living, so many people have said they've never seen a layout quite like it but it works so well!
It was very well priced for a custom quality home. They worked hard to help us meet our budget without compromising on quality or the features/upgrades we wanted. The build quality and quality of finish are very high, we are just blown away. Thank you Stannard for building our dream home so well! We love everything about it!

Construction End DateAug 2017

Not Adelaide's Best Boutique Builder Yet

Stannard Family Homes have a good product but not a great product. The rush to complete the job results in a poor finish and attention to detail, and at handover the home should be fully completed and sparkle. For example we could not have moved in on the day of handover as painters were still at work, the house was filthy, the site foreman was lying on the back deck staining the outer boards etc. It took over a week after handover to have the stairs running off the back deck completed-in the meantime we had a 1.2 metre drop to the rocks below. The paint finish was appalling-the painters had painted at night (they advised 2am) and small black bugs were imbedded in the enamel finish around the window frames. Hopefully Stannards will use constructive comments from people who have built with them to take their product to the next level.