• Build Stage
  • Electrical & Lighting
  • Flooring

Katherine Keane

Katherine KeaneSydney Surrounds, NSW

Tara from Oran Park display home was fantastic!!

We are building the SAN Marino with McDonald Jones. We visited the Oran Park display homes a number of times when we were deciding which home to build. Tara from Oran Park was always extremely helpful and very pleasant and professional. She helped us finalise the tender and move on to the next stage and we highly recommend her when trying to decide on options.

Lisa and Scott

Lisa and ScottSydney, NSW

Brilliant day....exceptional McDJ staff!

My partner and I had our full day MyChoice studio appointment yesterday. Our interior designer Katherine was absolutely amazing. She was patient, professional and so informative. She carefully guided and inspired us and made the whole process easy and whatsmore fun! Our results were wonderful and we can’t wait to see the finished product now! Thank you Katherine you are fabulous!

NNK

NNKSydney, NSW

Excellent customer service

Bronwyn Baidya explained us each and every components of house (internal and external) thoroughly. She presented many options to choose from wide range and explained their pros and cons. The way of presentation of components was nice and appropriate.
Thanks Bronwyn Baidya for your support. Really appreciate for the explanation.

Hamin and Titin

Hamin and TitinSydney, NSW

Excellent service!!!

Charles L M

Charles L MSydney, NSW

Internal Selections & Contract signing

Amazing customer service

We can’t thank McDonald Jones enough for helping us recently to make a variation to our contract to accomodate a request from our bank. Both Phil Haigh and Nathan Klein responded so quickly and did everything they could do give us a positive outcome in this situation. Customer service has always exceeded our expectations which is a breath of fresh air when dealing with some companies in the property industry. They have definitely made our build experience a positive one and we would definitely recommend McDonald Jones those wanting to build their own home.

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Claire, that's lovely to hear, Phil and Nathan were delighted to read your comments. Please keep us posted on your progress!

Prajeev Divya

Prajeev DivyaSydney, NSW

Design Consultation- Excellent

We looked at most of the display homes around and discussed our requirements with a number of representatives. MJH Design consultant Vincent Klein and his team ( Lynda and Bianca) at Baulkam Hills Home World helped us with our requirements. We signed the initial agreement with confidence and moved to the next stage.We have been given a proficient assistant with our enquires . Communication has been wonderful with Vince and team. We look forward further help during our construction Journey.
Thanks again

Great Quality House

Construction End DateNovember 2019
PRAYOG

PRAYOGSydney, NSW

Fantastic level of customer service by Teresa Priestley , very helpful and kind.
Helped in following up the SYDNEY water certification promptly.
Can't thank her enough. Teresa is very genuine, professional, courteous in her approach.
Communication through phone , email has been done in the most efficient and effective way.
I wish Teresa good luck . Thank MJH to have such a friendly staff.

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi there, thanks so much for the lovely feedback, Teresa was so pleased to read your comments. Keep us posted on your progress!

Philip Griffin

Philip GriffinIllawarra, NSW

A superbly build house

James Burton, the site supervisor, was unstinting in carefully supervising all the work to ensure the highest standard was reached. He was also true to his word in keeping informed as to what was happening on a weekly basis. Karla, our point of contact in the office, was friendly and efficient, ensuring any necessary changes were managed smoothly. The result is a very well built house. Any problems that were identified at the time of the last inspection were minor in nature and fixed very promptly.
We were also impressed with the staff in the Colour Studio. We were very helpfully guided through the process of choosing what we wanted, and at all times the costs were made clear.
We couldn't be happier with our new home.

Construction End DateDecember 2019
McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Philip, thanks so much for taking the time to provide your feedback about your experience, we hope you enjoy many happy moments in your new home!

Kevin and Narelle Parry

Kevin and Narelle ParryHunter Region, NSW

Wonderful service from start to finish

What a great team we had from start to finish.
From our sales consultant Ricky Perryman, to the colour studio where all the girls were extremely pleasant and very knowledgeable about products, they were very helpful in picking colours and designs for our new home.
I can’t praise our construction supervisor enough, Corey Eaton made the whole build a great experience.
Would definitely recommend MJH.

Construction End DateFebruary 2020
McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Kevin and Narelle, thanks for the feedback the team were delighted to read your comments! We hope you make lots of happy memories in your new home!

MJH IS ONE OF THE BEST BUILDERS ...

Build StageMid-Construction
Construction End DateMarch 2020
McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Alicia and Andrea, thanks so much for taking the time to provide your feedback about your experience, we can't wait to see your new home, where you can create lots of happy memories!

Daen Muddle

Daen MuddleHunter Region, NSW

So far so good

Codie Ellicott and Sarah Broekman from the Waterford County sales office have been brilliant; they are friendly, knowledgeable and usually respond to emails within the hour.

The walkthroughs we have had for the exterior and interior selections were informative and exciting with a wide variety of inclusions it was hard to choose because there were so many amazing options.

Zero complaints from me with this experience so far.

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Dean, thanks so much for the lovely feedback, keep us posted on your progress!

Good Work

My construction is at a 70% completion stage, so far the work has been excellent. It is sad to see Salvatore leave us but I hope Doughlas will do an equally good job. We move into the critical stages of finishing and hope that our Dream home does come to picture soon.

Build StageMid-Construction
McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Prabhati and Ajay, thanks so much for the feedback, we would love to see photos when you home is finished!

Ray

RaySydney, NSW

Very welcoming pre-sale construction

We loved how McDonald Jones Homes consultation welcomed us when we walked in into the displays homes. Tracey is genuine on helping and answer all our questions, she makes us feel comfortable every time we walk into the displays office. Also Mary who welcomed us at the very start that took out quote down. Can't wait to see our dream home come to reality!

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Ray, thanks so much for the lovely feedback, keep us posted on your progress!

kshitij j.

kshitij j.Sydney, NSW

Great Start with MJH!!!

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi there, thanks so much for the feedback, the team were delighted to read your comments, keep us posted on your progress!

Ron and Ruth

Ron and RuthSydney, NSW

• NSW

5 star service!

Looking to build at Newpark and had a date for tender with another builder. But after seeing Trupti and Marsden team (Linda & Tina) we've decided to go with MJH. Had multiple changes and requests made. Tons of questions answered. Prompt reply. Always have time to see us.
Thank you team. Keep up the good work!

Kumar

KumarSydney, NSW

Very good

Aimee was very factual and attentive all through the process even though there was lack of communication between another variation that was issued.She was very methodical in her discussions with us and answered all our queries.There was a delay in the contract documents being provided however that was not her fault , due to a IT glitch.

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Kumar, thank you for your honest feedback about your experience so far, keep us posted on your progress!

Disappointed00

Disappointed00Sydney

Internal Selections

Katherine was very knowledgeable and made some excellent suggestions to help my wife and I complete our internal selections.
Very professional process with a wide range of choices. We were able to upgrade the cooktop and oven to models that were recommended by Choice.
We feel comfortable with our decisions and look forward to starting the construction process.

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi there, thanks so much for the feedback, keep us posted on your building journey progress!

Ashish

Ashish Sydney, NSW

Excellent service and great ideas.

We walked into Marsden park display center and blown away with the service and options were given to us in the first contact. Paid our deposit and started our journey with MJH and we are very excited. We would like to say thank you to Trupti, she is full of knowledge, wonderful ideas and very helpful through out the whole process. She is a asset to the company with an attitude of assume every problem is solvable. Again thanks to entire Marsden park team.

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Ashish, thank you for the feedback about your experience in our Marsden Park display home team, keep us posted on your progress and congratulations!

Thomasasked

Hi,
Am planning to build with McDonald Jones. Seeing all the post construction issues worries me. Cracked walls, poor plumbing job and so on.
Does this builder provides any contract clause to deal with these sort of issues. Like for example, if the client finds any issue we as a build takes responsibility and will be fixed within a certain time. Something like that.
The recent step up in overall review for McDonald Jones seems fabricated, if not bravoo!!
Any advise would be appreciated.

Josie M.
Josie M.

Hi Thomas
After looking for a reputable builder myself now for a couple of months now. I fell in love with one of McDonald Jones display homes in Thornton and being the researcher I am, digging led me here. You and I are thinking the same Thomas.
Along with online research my sisters partner has a friend who is a site supervisor for McDonald Jones and I have been grilling him to no end. He has been quite up front with me which I appreciate but it has done nothing for my confidence in choosing them as my builder.
-site supervisors are not licenced builders
-site supervisors can be changed on your job without reason or notice
-tilers, plasters and painters are the cheapest they can find (cracks and poor workmanship *John P & tiling issues *Rebecca F both here in questions). Non local, non Australian, non qualified for the most part teams shipped from the nearest capital city
-the bare minimum is done to comply with regulations and often pictures are sent for sign off to their private certifier rather than the legal requirements of an on site inspection (hence the plumbing producing water 37 degrees as it’s not buried deep enough)
-compensation is offered first rather than a fix if you have defects
-he is trained to tell (bribe) clients who complain on here with he will fix it if the bad review is removed
-people in early stages are asked for reviews and staff who appear in those reviews are paid
I have seen many reviews disappear from here in the last few months and wondered why until I found my new friend

Meilka
Meilka

Took our relative 6 years to get the problems sorted with the build by MJH. 2 complaints to Fair Trading, & 2 personal registered letters to Bill McDonald and 1 on site visit by Bill McDonald who said "don't judge us on this judge us on how we fix it". Well the fix it took 6 years but am pleased to say it has now been fixed for 12 months with no further problems appearing - touch wood.

Thomas

Thanks for the reply. I will keep this as a reference

John P

John Pasked

Hi we build our home in Medowie with McDonald Jones just over 5 years ago and have started to get quite a few cracks in the internal walls and some on the external brick work. We also have some problems with the external paint near the water tank. What is the process to get someone to have a look and see if it is covered under our building warrantry.
regards,
John

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi John, Please send your contact details, address and outline your concerns and photos if you can to customerfeedback@mcdonaldjones.com.au or via private message on this platform and we will pass your information onto our Maintenance team in your region to assist you. Unfortunately the extremely dry weather is causing the ground and brickwork to dry considerably which can cause cracking, however our team can inspect your home and provide guidance to assist you. kind regards

Gary Higginsasked

Of 695 reviews only 238 have a home to review
WOW
238/695 that actually have a home to review!
457 reviews that mean absolutely nothing.
66%.... two thirds of MJHs reviews mean jack. This is how their rating shot from way under 4/5 stars to 4.7 in the past year or so. Not to mention the amount of people leaving multiple reviews for the same build.
Product review... this is extremely misleading. Do your research people.

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Gary, our Customers are free to provide their review at any stage of the building process and update their reviews throughout the building process also, the same as anyone providing a review on Product Review, they can not provide multiple reviews for the same build, so you may need to check your sources of information and with Product Review.

Again if you have questions about this process feel free to contact Product Review on their Contact Us page or if you have a question about building with us feel free to talk to your local Building and Design Consultant.

Have a great Christmas!

Gary Higgins

Regardless of your (in inverted commas) answer...
Only 238 of 695 reviewers have a completed product to review?
You are a builder? Your job is to build homes?
Its lovely people say nice things about the process that leads them to the product eg. the completed home. But the fact remains only 1/3 of your reviewers have experienced this, and many of them dissatisfied. Hence the much much lower rating you had before you started flooding the pages with pre construction garbage.

My sources are just fine.

Simon 1 month ago - 2 reviews. 1 pre construction & 1 post construction. 5 months and 23 days apart

Kelly - 6/5 & 10/8
Two reviews of the same build

Mary - 21/9/17 & 22/8
Two reviews of the same build

More I have in my back pocket, including one who has written 3 reviews on the same build, 2 of them being identical. As well as many others that have disappeared today, I assume because of my reports. As of this morning the pre/mid construction count was 457 and is now only 373. Fancy that!

Im not the only one smelling this rat MJH

Steve
Steve

Gary Can you please refrain from making childish unnecessary snide jibes about this particular builder . You are becoming boring and most unentertaining . I have built a home with this company and have been very happy with their process and finished product . I am also interested in building a second home hence my interest in this excellent web site . I for one are offended what you write and I suspect many other people on this site who seem 5 star happy dealing with McDonald Jones are too . I suspect you have never built a home considering some of the comments you make and youre not understanding the important sometimes stressful journey we enter into . For most of us this is a journey . The pre built section can be as long as the build section and longer Im sure in some instances. Believe or not its success and ease is as important to most of us as the build itself . Most of us make our initial comments in the pre build as we did via my wifes blog. And we were very proud to do so and share our experiences with others in the process or those contemplating going into the Mc Jones system. There seems to be strong support from others on this site with a similar position.
Gary I am bored with you . I suspect you are a competitor builder or an aggrieved sub-contractor tradie. Take them on in the market place if you are a competitor which you appear to be . Or if you are a tradie and not good enough to work for them find someone else to work for . You are beginning to make yourself look like a fool. Stop hiding behind some anonymous pseudonym. Please leave , go away and get a real job my friend .

Get an answer from our members and McDonald Jones Homes representatives