Listing monitored by McDonald Jones Homes

• Flooring

Amy t.
Amy t.Sydney, NSW

Pre-Construction Phase

I wanted to highlight how amazing the journey of building our dream home with McDonald Jones has been thus far. We have been particularly impressed with our experience with the team at Marsden Park and the exceptional service we have received from our consultant Anouk Schrijber.

She has been very insightful with the whole building process and we are very appreciative of her help and advice along the way.

As a first home builder I would highly recommend McDonald Jones and especially Anouk

Humberto
HumbertoSydney, NSW

Great work, very professional

We are very satisfied with our experience dealing with Tristan Cavarra, he has demonstrated to be very professional during our meetings and at the tender, responded all questions, and took the time to provide answers to all our requests.
It was because of him that we turned away from Clarendon to build with McDonald Jones

Hi Humberto,

Thank you for your lovely review, we will share it with Tristan who will be thrilled to read your thoughts. We wish you all the best in the rest of your journey, keep us updated! :)

Simon W.
Simon W.Sydney, NSW

Final Stages Of Build

Mcdonald Jones Homes have been amazing!! It has been an enjoyable experience considering the house has been built throughout the pandemic. I want to really thank our Site supervisor Douglas Goreal, who from day one has done everything to get our house completed well before the expected finish date. He has been a pleasure to deal with and a real asset for Mcdonald Jones Homes to have. He made himself always available to chat to over the phone or meet onsite and I’m truly grateful that Douglas was the one to look after our build. He was always open and honest and helped make it so much easier to tackle a new home build. Thanks Douglas and the entire Mcdonald Jones team.

Karen W
Karen WSydney, NSW

Plans & External Selections

My consultant Matthew was super helpful and offered great suggestions for me to consider when we went through and finalised the plans and I made the external selection choices. He was extremely easy to deal with and really pleasant. Matthew understood what I wanted from a design perspective and he also understood that I wanted to budget wisely. He was never pushy and was very thorough which I appreciate.
I'm very grateful for Matthew's help.
Karen W

Get quotes from Home Builders servicing your area

Pallavi T.
Pallavi T.Sydney, NSW

Envisaging our house turning to home!

We are highly satisfied with our experience dealing with our interior designer, Brittany Day. Brittany has a niche in interior designing and has been super helpful with guiding us to plan our selections carefully. We would have not gotten our choices right had it not been for her assisting us with her insights. We highly recommend Brittany for her professionalism and empathy, especially for first-time homeowners.

Tips for Choosing a Home Builder

Wendy Z.14 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-home-builder

Making ProductReview.com.au's home builder reviews work for you

Nathan S.14 Feb 2020

Amazing experience

Jack and Jemma
Jack and JemmaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Job coordinator

We have had the pleasure of having benji Abbott looking after our job internally over the last few months. The whole process was smooth and easy to navigate for us being first time builders. The final cost was pretty much where our budget was wanting us to be which was great with no hidden costs like most people want you to believe. When we had any questions the team was very quick to answer them. The MJH team genuinely want to help make your home perfect.

Internal Selections

We had our internal selections with Bronwyn. Bronwyn was very polite and proffessional guiding us through everything and making suggestions to help. Our overall experience with Bronwyn was great. My advice to others looking to purchase a home would be to confirm everything that is included when looking at display homes and make sure it is documented to avoid dissapointment later on.

Other Home Builders

First time builder - easy to follow process

MJH has been professional and helpful in our journey so far. We are at the pre-construction stage; and the relevant team members have been very helpful. Their knowledge is at a satisfactory level and the overall experience has been pleasant. MJH is also competitively priced. I hope the quality is carried throughout the finished home with no post-purchase dissatisfaction.

Bec
BecSydney, NSW

Courtney Brazel a wiz at making the sales process seem easy

We are at the beginning of our journey with MJH and so far the process has been easy thanks to the professionalism and enthusiasm of Courtney Brazel. Going out of her way on a Friday evening to secure the deal, Courtney has made the process appear seamless and every decision on the way easy for us to understand and finalise. We are a way off with waiting for land to register but I would highly recommend Courtney if you want someone to help make the process at the beginning as easy as possible.

Get quotes from Home Builders servicing your area

Richard Smith
Richard SmithSouth East Queensland, QLD

Colour selection process

Attended our colour selection appointment with Katherine Pleszkun and despite the lengthy process to decide everything we were very well looked after by Kat and the team at McDonald Jones Oak Flats. Quite a good range of products and quality for our needs. Thanks again to the team, especially Katherine.

Alison
AlisonIllawarra, NSW

Excellent Experience

After searching for a builder for over 12 months we finally found our dream home with McDonald Jones, had a bit of a rocky experience during sales. I cannot thank Ben, Jodee and Jen for helping us throughout the colour appointments (we are very indecisive) and a huge thank you to Sandy for the best experience during pre-construction. Going through the experience myself I would highly recommend McDonald Jones to anyone, we had great service and advice throughout. Wouldn't trust anyone else to build our home!!

LE-JEAN
LE-JEANIllawarra, NSW

Jessica Lowe is an incredible project manager

Jessica Lowe was both friendly and efficient. She has made our experience a very pleasant one. Thank you so much Jessica. So far our experience with Mac Donald Jones has been outstanding. All staff have been excellent. From sales to construction. I cannot fault the process thus far. Thank you

Praise someone’s efforts

We have just signed up for the McDonald Jones heritage grand manor . Ricky Perryman has been our design and building consultant. My husband and I wanted to compliment Ricky on his attitude above and beyond in all areas making us feel totally at ease during this huge decision.
Kind regards Julie John

Kavitha
Kavitha

Only one in life time....Dream your house with an excellent builder in Australia....so far so good.

We have had an incredible experience with McDonald Jones from the moment we stepped into the sales office at Emerald hills, Leppington where we met our business consultant till our site supervisor. Through strong guidelines and support of MJH team we could able start our lovely dream home which is about to complete soon. The building finish and workmanship is very excellent in timely completion of work so far. Our site supervisor Wayne Gordon updates on work progress is commendable which is more realistic. He explains the design and structure and more helpful. Will recommend the builder to our friends and community.

Read more reviews - page 2

Lucy
Lucyasked

Hi fellow MJH builders and MJH rep,
Quick question regarding the "Building period" for the building works - When does the 210 days contracted "practical completion period" outlined in the contract officially begin? Is it the date you have been notified that you are now on the construction list, when the slab is poured or another entirely different date? I have looked through our building contract and this is not throughly explained in the clauses. Thanks.

Customer C.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Lucy, we would be happy to answer that for you. The building period starts when the excavator arrives on-site to begin earthworks. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. Best wishes!

sanjeev d.asked
NSW, Baulkham Hills (Sydney Office)

Dear Mcdonald Jones home owners,
Construction of my new home will be starting next week. Already I got a surprise or a shocker from the Supervisor. I was told the excess soil removal cost after the slab laying should be paid by me as per the contract. Have you guys came across the same during your build? I built my first home 2 years ago from Simonds Homes and they did not charge me anything extra outside the contract price. Please let me know your experience with this and how much it costed please.

Ann
Ann

Yes. Exactly the same but worse. They put the temp fence too close to the house because they didn’t bother paying less than 200 surveying the boundary and got it wrong. Then passed off the cost to us to have it removed. Don’t bother trying to get them to own mistakes eg get anything correct because they will say your expectation of competence eg to estimate a fence line is too high and that they don’t have to own it because they don’t have anything to do with landscaping. Like us - you may have to pay again to bring it back

Hi Sanjeev and Ann

We're really sorry to hear your experience wasn't what you hoped. I've messaged you both privately to get a little more information so we can investigate for you.

Thank you and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Hi Ann
May I know how much it costed you to remove excess soil per load please

Ethan I
Ethan Iasked
McDonald Jones Homes

I've signed on to build the Cordova One in NSW, the $5000 for the fixed pricing and what not runs out in November, I own the land, how much does it cost to extend the build when that runs out? i've heard anywhere from $1500 for 6 months to $5000! need some clarification because it is scaring me and my partner.

Customer C.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Ethan, thank you for your question. Could you please give us your job number so we can have a member of the team investigate and contact you to answer your question and provide you with options. Kind regards.

Customer C.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Ethan, do you still require assistance, please let us know so we can get a member of our team to contact you. Thanks

See all McDonald Jones Homes questions