RobbieandMichelle Lennon

RobbieandMichelle LennonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Our experience with Mac Jones so far!

Construction End DateApril 2020
McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Robbie and Michelle, thank you so much for providing your feedback on your building experience so far, the team were so delighted to read your comments. Please keep us posted on your exciting progress!

Ease of having newly built home

I appointed McDonald Jones homes to build my new home.
I am happy with their quality of work and coordination and communication at every stage of the project.
Built quality is impressive
I had minor issues in the beginning but once construction started it was well managed.
The final cost is little extra due to council regulation for some of the items.

Construction End DateSeptember 2019
McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Chandra, thanks so much for taking the time to provide your honest feedback about your building journey with us - we hope you will make lots of happy memories in your new home!

Michelle DR

Michelle DRSydney Surrounds, NSW

Best site supervisor ever - Robert (Rob) Wernicke

Build StageMid-Construction
McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Michelle, thank you so much for the lovely feedback about Rob, he was so pleased to read your comments, we hope you make great memories in your new home, Congratulations!
Cheers from the MJH team

Alexandra Ryan

Alexandra RyanSydney, NSW

Seamless and enjoyable build!

Our build with MJH has been an enjoyable experience, we wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to our friends and family. Our site supervisor Mark Docherty went over and above to ensure we had a smooth build with great workmanship. Mark maintained open communication with us each step of the way, making the process stress free and delivered our dream home without issue.

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Alexandra, that's great news! Congratulations on your new home, we hope you make lots of happy memories there!
Cheers from the MJH team

Project Coordinator - Harry Shah

Harry has been extremely helpful right from the beginning. He took the time to explain things to us and has made all the work needed to do before the build feel seamless and efficient. He is genuine and empathetic. He has been instrumental in how positive our building experience has been thus far.

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Giorgia, thank you so much for the lovely feedback on your experience so far, keep us posted on your progress!

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Gilbert and Maria, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your experience with us and in particular Mark, he was delighted to read your comments!

Awesome Supervisor - Mark Docherty

Mark Docherty has been very helpful and very proactive during the building process. We opted for MJH based on our friend's recommendation. Mark took over once the slab poured down and no doubt he has done an excellent job in assistance, advising, ongoing support & keeping in touch each week. On a couple of instances, he has also responded over the weekend to overcome any issues.

Although, we had few issues during pre-build & the MyChoice studio selection process. We had an unexperienced external design consultant and end up messing up with bricks and other few things. Do not wanna name and shame.

We highly recommend Mark as your building supervisor if you are in Jordan Spring area.

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Ravi, thank you so much for your honest feedback, we hope you are creating lots of happy memories in your new home!

Rohit S.

Rohit S.Sydney, NSW

Pre-Construction: Smooth and Systematic process

The MCJ staff has been really helpful and professional throughout the Pre-construction phase. Specially for me the deal-breaker is Vincent at the kellyville display home. He is so good with the floor plans and so efficient with emails(I believe nobody can top that).
Vincent, thank you so much for your help and support which is really needed for first home buyers.

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Rohit, thanks so much for the feedback on your experience so far, keep us posted on your progress!

Very personable and helpful Kellyville Team

During the Consolidation Tender process I visited the Display home many times, during which Vincent and the team were always very polite and helpful. Vincent has gone above and beyond to help us achieve our goals, whilst working through some plan design challenges. We are delighted to have worked with Vince and always felt valued and supported.

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Kym, thanks for the feedback on your experience so far, Vincent loves helping his customers create the homes of our dreams!

• NSW

Perfect home. Staff was excellent.

The display home was excellent. Design was flowing through the whole house seamlessly.
Quality of material used was top class. I wish I had that much big space to accommodate the plan we saw in Medowie. Staff was a very friendly and happy to help as we were discussing the options and price guide.

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Martin875, thanks for the feedback about our display home at Medowie, keep us posted on your building progress!

Awesome Customer Service

Construction End DateJuly 2020
McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Andrew, thank you for the lovely feedback about Cathy and Mitchell at Warnervale, they were so pleased to read your comments. Keep us posted on your progress!

Sam P.

Sam P.Sydney, NSW

Excellent work from Vincent Klein and the entire Kellyville team

Vincent has been very helpful and very proactive in the whole process. I went around looking for builders who can offer the best quality with the best price and after shortlisting few I found McDonald Jones homes is the best among all. Vincent has been very creative with the design and has been able to get it done in my budget

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Sam, thanks for the great feedback about Vincent, he loves helping his customer's create the homes of their dreams!

PRAYOG

PRAYOGSydney, NSW

Fantastic customer service by Salvatore Formularo and the entire team at McD Jones

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Prayog, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your building experience, we hope you create many happy memories in your new home!

Pam and Jack

Pam and JackSydney, NSW

A build is only as good as the Site Supervisor

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Pam and Jack, thank you so much for your honest feedback, Nick was so pleased to read your comments! We hope you make lots of happy memories in your new home!

Happychappy

HappychappyHunter Region, NSW

Excellent!

Our build was very well managed, which I think was because we had an excellent site supervisor. There were a just a few mistakes/defects picked up here and there, but they were immediately addressed by our site supervisor. Having a site supervisor who paid close attention to detail, who addressed our concerns immediately and kept in touch regularly, was very reassuring. The final cost was close to the estimate we received from sales (base cost of house + $100k), but there are several things (floors etc) we are doing after handover.

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Happychappy, that's great news, thanks for the great feedback - congratulations on almost moving into your new home! We would love to see photos if you have the time, we hope you enjoy making many happy memories in your new home.

WOW - What a home

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Yasmin, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your building experience, congratulations on your new home - we hope you make many happy memories there!

Elizabeth

ElizabethIllawarra, NSW

Straight Forward and Quality Build

This was our second build and I can honestly and fairly say that we would definitely build with McDonald Jones again. Our first time was with another company and in comparison the service and quality was second to none. We loved the whole process and having a professional and knowledgeable site supervisor helped with the whole journey.
If we had any hiccups along the way (which there were) they were dealt with and fixed. Even after we received the keys, we were still treated like customers and weren't just put on the back burner.
We are happy with the end result and the quality of the build thus far. There aren't to many things we can pick at about it.

Construction End DateAugust 2019

• NSW

Perfect Start for our Forever Home!

After my parents having a very successful build with MJH they recommended that we do the same...
Stepping into the Saxonvale 40 at Warnervale Homeworld was just perfect, coupled with such warm and friendly sales staff we were off to a perfect start.
After speaking to both Haley and Michael around what was possible and what we were after in our build, we knew we had found the right team.
Thank You for all your help Haley and Michael!

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Chris, thank you for the great feedback about Hayley and Michael, they were so pleased to read your comments. Keep us posted on your building progress!

Turning our dream home into Reality

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Mishal, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience so far, keep us posted on your progress!

Excellent Customer Service and Sales

We appreciate the support and professional attention we had received during our build plan and Tender process with Mcdonald Jones Homes - Trupti Bauva. She helped us chose the right plan who knew our needs and expectations. her expertise on planning gave us choices and ideas to modulate the plan and receive what we dreamt. She was quick on replying emails and the Tender was well detailed and captured all inclusions and exclusions to ensure completeness.

Hi Murali R,
Thanks so much for the feedback, Trupti loves helping her customers create the homes of their dreams! Keep us posted on your building journey!

Amanda

Amandaasked

NSW

Any feedback on recent builds in the Hunter area?

Yasmin
Yasmin

Hi Amanda. I’m not sure of the Hunter area. My build was in Leppington NSW.

Wotaj. Oke

Hi Amanda. I would not recommend McDonald Jones to my worst enemy.
My review was removed
My review read as follows:
Wish we hadnt chosen a builder with a reputation like McDonald Jones. All we have had since we first engaged them are problems and price increases.i wouldnt recommend them to my worst enemy.
I find it remarkable that a company with such a big name are such big flops
Sort the reviews by most liked to see the big picture, and beware

McDonald J.McDonald Jones Homes

Hi Wotaj. Oke, Our team would like to meet with you to discuss your concerns to understand and assist you, could you please provide your best contact details via private message so we can arrange this. kind regards

Wotaj. Okeasked

I had a review posted last week (1 star) it had 9 views then mysteriously disappeared. Has anyone else shared the same problem?
Also has anyone noticed the huge array of pre construction reviews all posted mon-fri? Is this because McDonald Jones staff dealing with the posting of fake product reviews have the weekends off?

Hi Wotaj. Oke,
Confirming we reached out to you to assist with your concerns when you posted your review last week, we have no control over the reviews being published or removed, they can only be removed by yourself or Product Review, you may want to confirm this with Product Review if you did not remove the review yourself.

Confirming that our staff do not post fake product reviews and your comment is misleading and inaccurate, we validate reviews as does Product Review independently, you can also confirm this with Product Review.

Wotaj. Oke

I cant believe you. I have heard from others here with the same experience.
I dont blame your dodgy-ness. It was always there right under my nose. I blame my own stupidity for choosing McDonald Jones to build my home. I shouldve researched and read between the lines

Peter

Peterasked

Can any prospective, current or past customers of MJH please provide some details about how MJH requests them to complete a review on this forum, and what instructions are provided about completing the review? including its content? Also, is any incentive offered by MJH, by this forum, or anyone else to submit a review.

Steve

Peter I think you will find most businesses today ask what your experience has been and would you like to write about it on their Facebook page or Product Review. In terms of rewarding their staff I have no evidence of this but if it were my business and people were publically reporting about how well my staff had performed I certainly would want to reward that employee . An employee is your business and as consumers isnt that is what we want . I have built with this builder and was asked at a number of stages through the build journey if i were happy or unhappy and that they had no issue with me sharing my experience on any social platform.... even suggesting photos etc . And if they reward their staff for good work, good on them is what I say! lets encourage more businesses to look after their staff ... luckily we live in a good free healthy society that promotes this .

james rumble
james rumble

An interesting view Steve.
Firstly in the fact you say you’re a previous client and just happen to be hanging out on product review to see this question, yet no review left by you. Just this one answer which you also liked yourself.
Secondly there was no mention of employees being rewarded, but you find it necessary to defend them.
The question is worded quite clearly and you have failed to address the root.

Steve

Sorry James I cant help you re addressing the root . I am an interested Product Review observer but not a contributor. My first contribution is above . I have a PR link that follows a few builders as we are possibly back in the market to build again . My wife is a contributer, as she did when we originally built with McDonald Jones . In terms of defending employees why wouldnt I. Isn't that who most of us are in life. Shouldnt they be defended and acknowledged . Its a sad position if you support the alternate

Get an answer from our members and McDonald Jones Homes representatives