G.J. Gardner Homes

G.J. Gardner Homes

ACT, NSW, NT, Darwin, QLD, SA and 3 more

Quality build - Professional Service

From the first consultation with Pene, right through to the end, the service provided by the team was impeccable. Staff are knowledgeable, understanding and caring. Ash is a wealth of knowledge, who has given me his professional and personal guidance along the way. Pene was a wonderful help with the 'colour' process. I had no idea what style I was after, but a few questions from Pene and she soon worked it out. Highly recommend the Ararat team for your next or very first build! They certainly make a very highly stressful process and much easier one.

Brand new home

Brilliant experience - Great customer service.
Focused on our needs and designed around those to gives us the perfect home.
Construction was on time and to budget. Very communicative builder.
Highly recommended to everyone!

Construction End DateFebruary 2019

Great Stuff, great service, very professional

As a builder myself for 50 years I am completely happy and impressed with the quality of the workmanship put into our new home built by G.J Gardner at Grafton NSW. The cost was exactly as quoted with no hidden surprises or extra expenditures. The staff are of the highest standard who were always available to address any needs we had and made us feel that nothing was too much trouble or bother. Many thanks to Natalie, Shay, Donna, Paul, Micah and Tania who are examples of the high standard of service offered by G.J. Gardner of Grafton.

Construction End DateDecember 2018

Amazing finish and stress free build

Shoalhaven G.J. Gardner Homes constructed all 7 houses for our development. They did an amazing job managing the project and all went according to the schedule with no delays. We spent the morning picking the different colour schemes and G.J Gardner handled everything else making the build process stress free for us.
The houses were finished to a very high standard. G.J. Gardner was wonderful in that they had regular site visits booked in. They had great processes pre and post construction in fixing any issues. They were always very helpful throughout the process. The only variation to our contract price was for extra piering and it was minor about 3% of the contract price.
I would recommend G.J Gardner to anyone requiring a new home.

Build StagePost-Construction
Thank you for the 5-star review! We understanding building a house can be stressful but we pride ourselves on making your build stress-free. We love building quality homes for all our clients. Thank you for choosing to build with G.J. Gardner Homes :)

We Couldn't be Happier!

Two years on and we are still very much enjoying our new home. Our experience with you was nothing but positive and we would recommend you to anyone considering to build. Your home designs and product selections were exactly what we were looking for. We couldn’t be happier!
Also, a BIG thanks from us for the delivery you sent this morning. It brought back a lot of great memories.

Build StagePost-Construction
Thank you Caroline for the 5-star review! We're so glad you're still loving your home. Thank you for choosing to build with G.J.Gardner Homes :)

Thanks for an amazing experience

We recently had our house built by GJ Gardner Strathpine and we can not thank the team enough! From the moment we stepped into the display houses at the Stocklands North Lakes display village and spoke with Tony Lockland we knew we were in good hands. Being first time home owners the thought of the build process can be quite overwhelming but Tony looked after us and fully explained the whole process to us which really put our minds at ease.
Moving on from sales to the admin side of things Amy was amazing! She was 100% on top of everything and made sure all appointments and paperwork were booked and completed on time.
Kevin Burrows was our site supervisor and once again we can only thank Kev for all his hard work. The quality of work produced was to a very high level, we were incredibly happy with the build time and Kev was in contact with us every single week to keep us up to date with the process.
We would definitely have no hesitation to recommend the GJ's team to anyone looking to build. Thanks so much team for looking after us so well!

Construction End DateJanuary 2019
Hi Regina, Thank you so much for your kind words about our team. We take the building journey of our customers very seriously and always aim to hand over exactly what you were after and that you enjoyed the process along the way. We are so grateful you chose us as your new home builder and we wish you nothing but the best for your future. Enjoy your new G.J. Gardner Home.

Not satisfied!

We decided to use GJ because the word the sales told us: "we are not like other project builders, we are actually builders ourselves."
During the negotiation of the plan, just after one week, the sales resigned and we are assigned to a new sales. I have to say both sales are fairly helpful to me as a first time home builder.

I signed the contract in November 2017. The actual building process starts in April 2018 and finally finished at the last day of Feb. From I received the commencement letter to the Practical completion, it takes 304 days in total. We were planning our Xmas and New Year in our lovely new home but unfortunately we missed both. There was not notice of delay received.

During the building period, I experienced change of site supervisor three time which I will not appreciate because I am not sure if the next SS knows exactly what has happened and is going to happen to my home.

After handover,
1. The Refrigerator space - we have been told any fridge can be fit in the space so we bought a big fridge (pretty sure not the biggest one). It can not be fit in! We cant leave it there blocking the walkway so we have to take the overhead cupboard door of and cut them to let the fridge go in.

2. Liquidated Damage - I sent them the demand for liquidated damage. The reply I received is: Thank you for your email and we are not paying you part of the damage for 3 weeks Xmas Industry shutdown." I am surprised there was no sorry but asking me to sign the paper for not paying me the full amount. It sounds like I do not need to pay for my rent during Xmas break. It has been a week since I wrote another counter email to them and still no reply. Another week to go before going to QCAT.

3. Squeaking structural floor - we had a squeaking floor in the upper retreat, the SS has come several times and could't get it fixed. He is now resigned, but my carpet is picked up and the area now is unusable at all.

We have moved in for 1 week now, not sure if something will need to be fixed or repaired later on. Hopefully not!

In conclusion, GJ's sales team is knowledgeable and helpful, but I cannot say their management is that good because of the lack of communication I have experienced and the high turnover rate of their employee. From the perspective of building quality,the majority of the work are acceptable. Based on that, I am giving a two star rating at this stage. Hope they can handle this well before the intervention of QBCC & QCAT. Will update.

Terrible

Everything [name removed] said and more. Couldn't make building a house any more difficult. Extremely unethical conduct regarding the timing and demands for progress payments to be made, issuing of stop works notice without justification and threats to charge interest. I also had to waste money on a lawyer. Heaps of things remain unfinished on my home and they never fixed the maintenance defects, even though hand over was some time ago. I communicated all this to GJ head office along the way and they never got back to me on any of it.

The Right Place at the Right Time

If you're looking for everything to go perfectly then don't bother building a house, because nothing as complex as this can go perfectly. However, we're really glad that we chose G.J. Gardner Homes Port Macquarie to build for us.
We checked out a lot of reviews and industry ratings & awards, everything pointed towards Gardners. Online reviews can be an experience, you can discount the extremes and find the best option from the remaining reviews.
From the time that we first spoke to Graham we felt that our decision would be easy. We visited the Display Home and spoke at length with Graham, we told him what we were looking for and he did everything that he could to make sure that we would get it.
Along the way there are all kinds of hurdles and challenges, I'm happy to say that the team at GJ Gardners had the experience and desire to handle these challenges on our behalf while we just needed to be patient. You have no control over things like councils or weather, but when you have confidence in your builder you know that things will work out.
We had originally planned to retire somewhere in or around the Camden Haven, but circumstances allowed us to do it before then. We didn't want to buy someone else's house and we wanted to have everything that suited us. GJ Gardner Homes have given us precisely that.
Everyone in the Gardner team helped to make this possible for us. Right from the beginning Graham listened to us, tweaked with ideas and after a lot of modifications came up with a plan that merged a number of ideas to suit us. During the preparation stage and through the build Kerrie made sure that everything that was supposed to happen did happen, and nothing was too difficult. Luke our Building Manager was always approachable, open and honest. He kept us informed and was always happy to see us when we were looking to see how things were going. On one occasion we could only get up here on a weekend, but he still made time to come to the site and go over things with us. During the handover and once we had moved in Lorinda has been extremely helpful in getting minor things fixed (there are always going to be minor issues, but there have been very few).
We're very happy with how things have turned out, you do hear some horror stories with people building houses, but you won't be hearing such stories from us.

Gary & Josie

Construction End DateDecember 2018
Thanks so much Gary for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. Amazing, clear communication and quality workmanship - these are qualities we pride ourselves on at G.J. Gardner Homes. We're so glad you had a wonderful building experience. It's been an absolute pleasure looking after your build and we sincerely hope you enjoy many years of wonderful memories in your new G.J. Gardner Home :)

Thankyou To The Amazing Port Macquarie Team!

Our thanks goes to the team at G.J. Gardner Homes Port Macquarie! My first contact was with Graham, who found a home that would suit my needs and in my price range. As this was my first build I found it a bit daunting, building a home from a plan and not knowing if it was going to be what I wanted. But Graham explained it all to me and we agreed on a price.
Once the build started I was kept informed by Luke, the site manager, on a weekly basis by email of what stages they were up to. The entire build took about 6 months.
I was quite impressed with the handover. Trevor and all the team met us at our new home and we were shown everything to make sure everything worked. There was a couple of minor issues but they were addressed promptly and efficiently. I was really happy with all of my colours and kitchen selections all matched well.
The quality of the workmanship and finished product was excellent.
Thankyou to Graham, Luke, Kerrie and all the team for being so helpful and friendly with building our new home.
Regards,
Una, Rachel & Scott

Construction End DateJuly 2018
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. We're so glad you're loving your new home. We understand building can be a stressful process and we pride ourselves on making your experience as enjoyable as possible. Trevor, Graham and the team are very professional at G.J. Gardner Homes Port Macquarie and take a lot of pride in the homes they construct. Thank you for choosing to build with G.J. Gardner Homes and enjoy your new home!

Super Happy with our New Investment property

A huge thank you to the G J Gardner homes Sydney West team. Especially our new home sales consultant Louise Dale. Her passion, determination and local knowledge was outstanding. This was our first investment property which she guided us through our best options for maximising our rate of return
A quality built home with excellence throughout all the stages of the build. We found the admin process stress free with great communication. Pete our building supervisor was always there to answer questions and get the job done on time and with a high level quality of finish. We are already looking forward to our next build we GJ Gardner Sydney West

Construction End DateNovember 2018
Thank you Jason for the 5-star review! G.J. Gardner Homes Sydney West are passionate about building quality homes and delivering an amazing experience for each one of their clients. We're so pleased you built with G.J. Gardner Homes. Enjoy your new home!

Enjoying my new home

I would like to thank the very friendly team at Gj Gardner Orange, for my lovely home.The entire process from start to finish was very professional with constant communication with the progress. As a first time build they were very helpful, and nothing was ever a issue, which made it stress free, and smooth sailing. The initial quote at commencement of build was the cost at completion. And my home was completed before the promised date. Thank you again Team Orange, it was a fantastic experience

Construction End DateFebruary 2019
Thank you Justine for the 5-star review! Amazing, clear communication and quality workmanship - these are qualities we pride ourselves on at G.J. Gardner Homes. We're so glad you had a wonderful building experience. Thanks so much for taking the time to add a review. We appreciate it. Enjoy your new home!

Great customer service

From the minute I walked into the door at Gj Gardner Grafton we were greeted by a lovely smiling face Donna. Our home consultant Andrew was very knowledgeable in helping us choose the right house for our family and continues to assist in consulting with us and answer any questions or queries during our construction phase.

Build StageMid-Construction
Construction End DateApril 2019
Thank you Julie for the 5-star review! We're so glad you had an enjoyable build. Thank you for choosing to build with G.J. Gardner Homes. Enjoy your new home!

Loving our new home!!!

Being our first time building the team at GJ Gardner made this experience enjoyable. Customising our home was no problem and the team went out of their way to ensure everything was fantastic. The communication from beginning to end was excellent. We were kept continually updated with emails, photos and phone calls when required between site inspections. Any issues that we had were solved quickly and professionally. We had a great experience during our colour selection with Fiona! There were no surprises when it came to build cost. The build price was exactly as quoted. Best of all is they were able to deliver it well within the promised timeframe! We are very happy with our house and would definitely recommend the team from GJ Gardner homes.

Construction End DateDecember 2018
Thank you Sally & Michael for the 5-star review! We understand building can be a stressful process and we pride ourselves on making your experience as enjoyable as possible. The team at G.J's Orange are very professional and take a lot of pride in the homes they construct. Enjoy your new home!

Great Experience!

This was our second home built by the Team at GJ Gardner Homes Orange which is a review in itself! The build from the early concept stage through until completion was managed very well, we never went a week without some sort of communication from the team on where the progress of plans, contracts or even the build were up to. Again, workmanship was of a high quality with the final result delivered to plans and Specifications and total cost coming in right on what was agreed in the very beginning. If you are looking to build in Orange or the Central West you must see the team at GJ Gardner Orange.

Construction End DateOctober 2018
Thank you for the 5-star review! We're so grateful that we were able to build you 2 great homes! Thank you for building with us. Enjoy your new home!

Great Experience

Right from the start of the process with planning the build through to the hand over the GJ Gardner team were great. The home we have is just what we envisaged.

Construction End DateSeptember 2018

Wow what a home.

Rick and his team are very experienced and it is depicted in the end result, that being our home. His chosen contractors uphold the same high levels of construction as he does. The sales and admin team were outstanding attending swiftly to our questions and concerns. We had ideas of what e wanted to achieve and the team was able to give us options and solutions that not only satisfied our requirement but upheld the quality of the construction. The house has impeccable flow end to end which enhances the relaxed feel overall. From the moment we moved in it was like we lived there for years and we knew they had delivered a solid construction. In summing up we would say, attention to detail, a drive to ensure maximum client satisfaction, a concerted focus on a standard of excellence, integrity, passion and communication all led to an impressive conclusion.

Construction End DateDecember 2018
Thank you Diane and Ken for the 5-star review! Thank you so much for your kind words - it's been an absolute pleasure looking after your build and we sincerely hope you enjoy many years of wonderful memories in your new G.J. Gardner Home :)

A new home to make new memories

Thank you John, Rosie, Ian, Jodie, Megan, Paul and Dean and the all the builders from the team at GJ Gardner Sapphire Coast. We are home! All this has happened before the first anniversary of the catastrophic Tathra and surrounds bush fire on 18 March 2018. We are the first family to return home which is excellent for Tathra and the surrounding community. The build was stress free and we were in communication all the way. We are so pleased with the quality workmanship and any questions were answered timely manner. Such an organised and professional company to deal with and we have already recommended GJ's to others who are rebuilding. The application lodged to Council was complete and no need for follow up which did not cause any delays. We felt like we are a part of the GJ family. What a great bunch of people! We thank John for assisting us with the rebuild and the suppliers that were generous to us in our situation. We have never built a home before . Thank you very much for your empathy, support, care and friendship in our journey to get us home back to beautiful Tathra. Looking forward to our new memories to create in our new home. Steve and Loretto Mills.

Construction End DateFebruary 2019
Thank you Steve for the 5-star review! We're so glad we were able to build a home for you and your family. The team at Sapphire Coast are absolutely amazing and caring! Thank you for choosing to build with G.J. Gardner Homes. Enjoy your new home!!

Good service, high quality home built within budget and ahead of schedule.

The build process with GJ Gardner has been smooth, uncomplicated and the end product is of high quality. From contracting stage through to post construction, the sales, finance, customer service, design, build and vendor teams have been fantastic. We were well informed every step of the way. The finished home was delivered well ahead of schedule and within budget. Any snags were prioritised and fixed quickly. Would recommend to anyone looking to build their next beautiful home.

Construction End DateOctober 2018
Thank you Natalie for your amazing feedback. It means a great deal to us to have our customers enjoy the experience as much as we enjoy building for you. We hope you enjoy your home for many years to come and we wish you the best of luck for the future.

Very happy

Build was well managed and we were updated regularly along the way.
We had a couple of design variations which were met with ease.
Workmanship was overall pretty good, some of the bricks quality wasn't great but was worked around with placement etc. Some of the trades were a bit messy and we had issues with having to clean up their rubbish and with some smoking on site and leaving dirty butts throughout the house, however, this was stopped as soon as we mentioned it to build supervisor.
Staff were always friendly and any enquiry was dealt with professionally and no question was too big or to small.

Construction End DateSeptember 2018