Listing monitored by Metricon

4.2 (1,550)

Kim P
Kim PSydney, NSW

Great supports from Sales and Pre-site Managers

We had a very good experience with [Name Removed], in the Sales Team. He was extremely patient and made good suggestions to ensure we have the design that suit our needs. He was very prompt in his work.

Due to COVID-19 borders closure, it had been a challenge to do internal selections from distance. It took over 1 year to get to the start construction stage. Metricon didn't charge us the full penalty. We had 4 Pre-site Managers. Three of them were good. The last Presite Manager [Name Removed] He was great. He was punctual with the fortnightly updates. He was attentive in following up questions we had e.g. council application progress and contract amendments, and kept us well informed of the progress. He resolved issues quickly.

Build StagePre-Construction

great job

I am very happy with my new home. It is finished before contracted date. The site manager is great. He is quick response and always sorted all the issues perfectly. Always informs us about updated work process and what is the next job. Highly recommended for all of my family and friends.

Josh
JoshWestern District, VIC

We had no problems with Metricon. Our build was managed professionally. We were guided through the whole process. The build was fantastic and using lots of local trades was fantastic to see. Our issues were minimal and when we had an issue the team at Metricon fixed it quickly and communicated with us, how it was going to be fixed. Our final cost was well with in range of what we expected and we had no nasty surprises. All in all for our first build and as first home buyers we couldn’t have asked for anymore from start until finish

Happy Sofar
Happy SofarGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So fast!

Slab laid 3rd April 2021, Final Inspection 28 July 2021

[Name Removed] - our ABC Homes Sales person, through to all the office staff (Deepanshi and Kam - thank you) all made this the easiest build I have ever completed - and I have done many over the years.

[Name Removed] - our Site Supervisor was super helpful and nothing was too difficult (even through our Covid lockdowns!)

The house looks fabulous - no issues no fuss and I am looking forward to getting the keys in the next few weeks.

Thanks to everyone

Rob

Get quotes from Home Builders servicing your area

Sabarinath Nair
Sabarinath NairWestern District, VIC

Very professional and timely . [Name Removed] is a great person to work with. He was very transparent and there was no cost overrun. [Name Removed] executed all short falls indicated by my private inspector . Despite of covid and rain [Name Removed] tried his best to make sure that all work is done on time and was transparent.

Tips for Choosing a Home Builder

Wendy Z.14 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-home-builder

Making ProductReview.com.au's home builder reviews work for you

Nathan S.14 Feb 2020
making-productreviewcomau-work-for-you

The best home builders in 2020

Nathan S.7 Nov 2019
the-best-home-builders-in-2020

Great job

I had very good communication with my project manager and took time to talk to me and kept updating and gave me all information I wanted.
My house finished on time and everything was on time, every stage of building my building supervisor ware calling me and also kept updating me

keyur s.
keyur s.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The building Experience Can't get any better

The whole experience building with metricon has been fantastic. From start to the end, I cannot find any flaws in their processes and the team of professionals is the key reason I will build again with Metricon. Honest, Transparent & Engaging - These are the key qualities I experienced with Metricon Team. Our house was built during 2020 lockdowns and we couldn't visit the site once during the key build stage but ultimately we were given keys to fantastic end product.

Love my house !

The build was managed perfectly and with good timing. Cost wise the build lined up with the amount I was happy with. As far as workmanship goes I can't fault too much at the current time of writing, all in all a very good experience ! I would definitely recommend metricon to others

Cheryl L
Cheryl LSouthern and Hills, SA

Love where you Live!

We had a great experience building with Metricon. Our salesman and site manager went above and beyond. Nothing was too much trouble. There were a few hiccups with the office, but were rectified well. The quality of our home is exceptional and could not be happier that we chose to build with Metricon.

M Lokugamage
M LokugamageMelbourne

Great Sales team and a Fantastic site Manager

Craigieburn Metricon sales team [Name Removed] & [Name Removed] helped me all way to construction stage, even though I had really bad experience with pre-construction stage with [Name Removed]. Site manager [Name Removed] and [Name Removed] done a fantastic job by maintaining 5 star standards all the way to completion stage. I'm giving Metricon 5 star rating because of their sales team and site manager.

Get quotes from Home Builders servicing your area

RussellGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

What a great start to our first home.

I popped into the Metricon show home in Armstrong Creek to find out a bit about the first home buyers options, I was met with a confident, helpful and honest approach which ended up with me returning three days later with my wife and signing up for our first home. Since then everything so far has run smoothly and we have been kept informed with progress in this initial stage. I was able to ask all the questions needed either by phone or email, always with a quick response and nothing seemed too much for the staff.
I would be happy to recommend based on the journey so far.

Hi its probably under my wife [Name and Location Removed]

Delta 24MRWestern District, VIC

Great - after long delays in starting

Original discussions and contract management were excellent.
Then came a delay of four months from originally indicated start date which led me to try and find an alternative
Once construction finally started everything was well-managed with god reporting from regional and site managers and within estimated cost
I am very happy with the finished product

Build StagePost-Construction
Matt
Matt Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Simply avoid Metricon!

We moved in to our home in july 2020 since then we have had over 30 defects all listed under warranty with the site supervisor and state manager and first point of call and nothing has been done no response for 2 months now
I have had enough We have cracked roof tiles. We have door frames and windows frames with the wood splitting, I have rain coming in the roof dripping through our room and plaster defects , gutters not holding water , these are the small issues the list goes on The whole experience from beginning to end has been a nightmare. DO NOT Build with Metricon.

i will post a bad review in more detail every week until i get all issues fixed and a response

Kellie B
Kellie B

Professional, knowledgeable and excellent customer service skills

My husband and I have just signed on to build our new home with Metricon and wanted to express our sincerest thanks to our Sales Consultant [Name Removed], for providing us with world class service! She has expertly guided us throughout the process, and her bright and friendly disposition has helped to make our whole experience with Metricon a very positive one thus far. Going forward, we will be recommending [Name Removed] and Metricon to all our friends and family who tell us that they are looking to build.

Gurinderpal Singh
Gurinderpal SinghSouthwest, VIC

Excellent work done by Merticon

Very much satisfied From the beginning I was made to feel so welcome and comfortable when selecting my home plans to during selections at studio M geelong to handover! Our sales rep at the Torquey display home was awesome. Made the process so pain free and effortless. Very much appreciated

Read more reviews - page 2

Dipsasked
NSW, Baulkham Hills

Hi Team,

We are Building with Metricon (House & Land Package). Our construction is almost in the final stage we are very happy and excited as this is our first home and proudly saying that the Australian number one builder is building our house.

We had upgraded Bathroom tiles from standard to Full wall tiling. However, when we visited the site last week with our site manager the tiling is done only to standard. We raised these issues with our site manager and Builder Support Coordinator. One more issue we raised regarding Rendering in the front of the house will be resolved too but I worried about this bathroom tiling as it can't be done after the house is completed.
Our Builder Support Coordinator has raised this issue with the Management team to find out the gap, my question is how much time it's going to take to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Team M.Metricon

Hi, thanks for reaching out. We would be more than happy to investigate your request in detail and have the most appropriate team member make contact and discuss a timeframe with you in relation to your outstanding concerns however, have been unable to determine your details via the information provided. So we are able to assist, please email customercare@metricon.com.au with your build site address and/or basic contact info. We look forward to hearing from you.

Bonnie
National Customer Care
Metricon Homes
customercare@metricon.com.au

Hi Bonnie,
Thanks for responding. I have emailed the details.
Thanks,

Gopi
Gopiasked
VIC, Metropolitan Melbourne

Hi Guys,
We signed the the initial contract with metricon and paid $1500 deposit to build Franklin 50 in my land.
[Name Removed] the sales person,metricon berwick waters contract me after one week of signing the contract and said metricon cant build this design on this block.
The reason he gave it is sloppy block.
He knew it was sloppy, when we supplied engineering.
Mean time I put my existing home in the market to sell.
Spent lot of money for marketing and conveyancing.
He took six months to finalise quote and finally saying cant built and pushing us to build other designs.
What is best solution when this type of situation arises ?
My customer number is [Number Removed]

Sophie Bree
Sophie Bree

I’m not sure why you would put your exisiting home on the market prior to signing a construction contract ? Unfortunately the sales co tract you signed when you paid the $1,500 is not a construction contract and only a sales contract . After you sign the sales contract they will proceed with estimating and final engineering. Sorry I’m not sure how it was explained to you but I think you have jumped the gun here and got ahead of yourself .

Team M.Metricon

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, Gopi.

We certainly appreciate this was not the outcome you were hoping for when you embarked on the journey to build your new Metricon home. We are disappointed that we have been unable to meet your expectations in this regard. As you have mentioned we are unable to build the selected design due to the block type. Metricon presented possible solutions, which were to either select a design that would be suitable for your block or cancel your contract.

We understand your new home contract has now been cancelled. Metricon will not retain any monies apart from third party expenses involved in progressing your file. These may include expenses for the soil and PSI report, of which you will receive if not already. All documentation of monies used will also sent to you accordingly.

Thank you for raising your concerns via this channel and we wish you all the very best in new home journey.

Bridgette - Metricon National Customer Care

Niroshaasked
NSW, Baulkham Hills

Hi, can you please tell me what tile is used for the splash back in the kitchen of the Waterford 48 display in Box Hill? We are building the same home and hoping to replicate it.

Team M.Metricon

Hi Nirosha, thanks for reaching out! So great to hear you love the splash back used in our beautiful Waterford display. The tiles used are 'Masia Gris Oscuro Brickbond' in the colour 'Cement Grey'. If you have any further questions regarding your build, your Pre-Site Manager will be the best person to assist. Wishing you all the best on your Metricon build journey.

Bonnie
National Customer Care
Metricon Homes
customercare@metricon.com.au

Max D
Max D

I am doing the same. Could you please tell me the benchtop colour in the Waterford 48 at Box Hill. Such a beautiful colour scheme.

Hi Max,
I’m going through my kitchen appoints the moment and found out the bench top colour is noble grey. Hope that helps and good luck with your build :)

Get an answer from our members and Metricon representatives

Compare all 7 Metricon
CategoryHome BuildersHome BuildersHome BuildersHome Builders
Types of Homes AvailableDual Occupancy / Duplex, One-Storey, Split Level and Two-StoreyDual Occupancy / Duplex, One-Storey, Split Level and Two-StoreyDual Occupancy / Duplex, One-Storey, Split Level and Two-StoreyDual Occupancy / Duplex, One-Storey, Split Level and Two-Storey
Major Defects WarrantyLifetimeLifetimeLifetimeLifetime
Knockdown & RebuildYesYesYesYes
Build Areas

Geelong, Ballarat & Warrnambool

Bendigo, Shepparton, Albury/Wodonga & Wagga Wagga)

Drouin, Cowes, Traralgon & Lakes Entrance