Nice service

The build process was seamless we did not have to get to involved at all which was excellent, the communications throughout the build was excellent. The work and finishes are of an above standard finish. We found the Metricon team to be easy to work with and deal with.

Absolutely great experience.

We built a Bentleigh (Merricks is the closest comparable model) and it was really a great experience for us.

From the sales process, to studio appointments, the build, settlement and the post build fixes, we received a very smooth and exceptional service from the Metricon Team. Our customer support coordinator and the site manager, both did a commendable job.
However, our biggest pleasant surprise was the after build service. Post after post we had read that its pretty poor with unreasonable delays and no responses. However, we experienced thoroughly prompt and quick responses. Metricon has introduced a digital account through which we can raise service items and track them online. So didn't have to wait on calls, which was also a common complaint.

Just a couple of minor points which could have been better -
1> Took them a bit of time to come onsite from the day of land settlement - almost 3.5-4 months.
2> Our original site manager was a bit slack with communication and transparency about the state of the build - which changed for good with a new site manager after Metricon re-assigned him.

Construction End DateDecember 2018

A Difficult Start

I had a difficult start with Metricon. In saying this, I must stress that each individual staff member I dealt with at Metricon was great. [name removed] the salesperson, [name removed] the Pre-site Manager, [name removed] in Kitchens, and [name removed] were great - professional and attentive to my needs. I can't fault the employees for the rocky start to building our home with Metricon.

It has taken 5 frustrating and testing months to get to the building stage largely because of debates over certain issues and with the Variation Amendments. For example, the EPS boards (they wanted to give me cheaper blueboard), the issue over coastal hardware (which was hotly debated), and numerous issues with Variation Costings. Being on a ridiculously tight budget, I kept a keen eye on details which helped me spot a number of inaccuracies in the Variation Amendments e.g. being charged twice for ceiling bats, and a number of items that were taken off the Variation list but the costings were still retained in the estimate, etc. I had to stand my ground but it was worth saving thousands of dollars that would have been charged to us had I not been so diligent.

I understand Metricon is a large organisation and things slip through the system but in my case they were happening too frequently. The amount of time it took to wade through paper work to find the problems has me pulling my hair out and I got to the point I was ready to walk away. The Variation system is unnecessarily complex and life would be easier all round it they retained the same item numbers in Variation as in the Contract). My advice keep a close eye on the differences in the preliminary contract and final contract and on all Variation Amendments.

The other issue I had with Metricon was in the lack of variety in the basic builder's range of products. Since Studio M was closed during our contract period I couldn't view tiles and other items but we had to sign the contract without being able to browse through Studio M because it was closed for renovations. The range of floor and wall tiles and carpets, etc in basic Freedom range is small - I am talking seriously small - nothing appealed to our aesthetics but getting upgrades became unbelievably expensive. For example, to jump up one grade in floor tiles was going to set us back 20k, while selecting anything half decent would have set me back another $60k. A real pity since I had gone to Beaumont tiles prior to my tile selection and what I could have got for my money opened my eyes to the huge mark ups in the tiles provided by Metricon.

Having check out the cost of bricks and Ceasarstone I was aware of the market price so when Metricon quoted on these products I nearly fell of my chair. I understand businesses have mark-ups but these were stratospheric! As I mentioned, I was on a tight budget so I couldn't afford to do many upgrades or pay for things that were outrageously priced even though they would make the house look fantastic.

In short, the pre-build stage of building our home with Metricon was a difficult and frustrating journey. [name removed], one of the Managers at least came to my home to hear my grievances about all the problems I had experienced and Metricon promptly corrected many of the issues.

We heard Metricon were good builders so we are hoping that the structural build lives up to its reputation. This is why we chose Metricon in the first place - word of mouth - but our first leg of the journey was a nightmare and as I said we almost walked away.
On a positive note the build is underway and the frames are going up and so far no hiccups with Metricon ( just neighbours but that's another story ). [name removed] our Site Manager has been helpful and gives me weekly updates. I will keep you posted on our build.

Construction End DateSeptember 2020

Love my new home

Building with Metricon has been an absolute pleasure. From the very first point of contact we were listened to and helped. Nothing was too difficult. There were no nasty hidden extra costs along the way. Our site manager Leigh was always prompt to answer our calls, very helpful, knowledgable and courteous.

Construction End DateMarch 2019
Hi LRE, It is wonderful to know your journey with Metricon was aa absolute pleasure right from the beginning and our team were helpful, knowledgeable, communicated well and your expectations on cost were met. We are thrilled you love your new home and hope you continue to for many years to come. Warm regards, Metricon

New home build

The build process was seamless we did not have to get to involved at all which was excellent, the communications throughout the build was excellent. the work and finishes are of an above standard finish. We found the Metricon team to be easy to work with and deal with.

Construction End DateFebruary 2019
Hi Glenn, It is great to read you’ve had such a positive experience throughout your construction journey and your build ran smoothly due to the excellent communication from the team and their high standards of workmanship. Thank you for sharing this 5 Star review, we hope you love your beautiful new home for many happy years to come. Regards, Metricon

Great Experience

[Name Removed] has been awesome from start to finish. He listened to my needs and delivered in the most professional manner. The attention to detail was outstanding, and I would have no hesitation in recommending him to others.

Construction End DateMarch 2019
Hi Rob Quinn, Thank you for sharing this 5 Star review with our readers We love knowing you had a great experience and our staff were awesome from start to finish with their professionalism and attention to detail. We wish you all the very best in your beautiful new home. Regards, Metricon

Wonderful Service

[name removed] & Metricon managed our build wonderfully, was in constant contact, fixed everything that needed fixing, went above and beyond when it came to customer service. Build was completed 2 months ahead of schedule. and we got money back from the budget.

Construction End DateFebruary 2019
Hi Michael, It is great to know our team went above and beyond, managed the build wonderfully, kept in constant contact and competed your beautiful new home 2 months ahead of schedule! Michael, thank you for sharing this review, we hope you love where you live for many years to come. Regards, Metricon

Metricon Build: Ballarat

We have just completed our build in Ballarat.
Our site supervisor [Name Rmeoved] and support coordinator [Name Removed] were especially helpful, and we have picked up on only very minor issues since moving in. [Name Removed] at Studio M was incredibly helpful with our internal selections, as well as [Name Rmeoved] who assisted us at contract stage.
Overall, we are happy that we opted to build with Metricon.

Construction End DateFebruary 2019
Hi Jess Ditchfield, We are happy to know overall you’ve had a happy experience with Metricon and our team has been incredibly helpful throughout your journey. Thank you for taking the time to share this review, we hope you love your beautiful new home for many years to come. Regards, Metricon

Terrible Experience With Metricon...Don’t Trust the Metricon Service & Warranty...Metricon...Never Again

Highly disappointed as the Service & Warranty person, is not replying to numerous emails sent to him regarding some critical issues related to our Home.
Don’t Trust the Reliability of Metricon Service & Warranty.
Never expected Site Supervisor would Deny & refuse the facts that items requiring rectification were discussed during construction stages.Metricon..Never Again

Construction End DateDecember 2018
Hi Gurmeet S., We are disappointed to read your feedback. We have sent you a private message requesting your personal information to locate your Metricon file. We look forward to hearing from you, to assist with the outstanding items. Kind regards,I have sent the required details & I have evidence for what I have wrote & my Bad experience.

Perfect for first home owners!

Metricon internals and externals consultants were so helpful in picking colors and designs it made the whole process a lot less stressful. The first two stages was not excellent but after the new site manager ([name removed]) joined the process was smooth till handover. Thank you [name removed], he is very dedicated and always tried to deliver his best. Always customer focus and very experienced. He is always available to answer any questions we may have. My partner and I are very pleased with the quality of our build and with how fast our home is coming along.

Construction End DateNovember 2018
Hi Rojalin, Thank you for sharing this review with us. We are sorry to read the first two stages were not excellent, but we are happy our Site Manager was able to turn things around with his dedication, care and experience to ensure you and your partner are pleased with the quality and progress of your new home. Kind regards, Metricon

Luxury living with a smile

The team at Metricon have made this journey so smooth and stress free from the beginning.
We could not thank [name removed], [name removed], [name removed], [name removed] and our site manger [name removed] for all they have done to give us our first home.
Every step of the way we were informed of any changes and updates for our home.
I would most definitely use Metricon again for any future builds we decide to do.

Construction End DateFebruary 2019
Hi Jasmine B., Congratulations on building your first home! We are happy to know our team have made your journey smooth and stress free from the beginning and kept you informed along the way. We hope you love your beautiful new home and wish you all the very best. Regards, Metricon

Absolute pleasure having our home built by Metricon QLD

When we decided to build our retirement life home on the Sunshine Coast we looked at a number of builders in the region. Our final decision was based on the professionalism of the new home consultants at Harmony display village. As our home is only one month away from handover the level of dedication and support from all of Metricon's systems and people have been above and beyond expectations. Build quality is excellent and above standard in all areas. Our final cost is exactly what we had contracted with Metricon.

Construction End DateApril 2019
Hi Steve, Thank you for taking the time to share this 5 Star review. We are pleased to read our team has gone above and beyond, that their professionalism, dedication and support has exceeded your expectations and ensured your journey with Metricon is a pleasure, and you are happy with the overall quality and cost of the build. Steve, we are excited to handover your beautiful new home where you can enjoy your retirement for many happy years to come. Warm regards, Metricon

Outstanding! highly recommend.

As first home builders/ buyers, everything was new to us, we were unaware of all the paperwork and third parties involved, also the selection process for the internals and externals. But after the whole experience we have to say it was easy.

Firstly, I would like to thank our sales consultant, he helped us with selecting a design that would fit on our block and added any extras that were allowed that we wanted. Although we were offered a package deal that we could not have after signing with Metricon, we were offered out of our contract if we pleased or they would honor half the package deal at no cost. We fell in love with the house design we had chosen so we took up Metricon’s offer of half the package at no cost.

Our internals and externals consultants were so helpful in picking colors and designs it made the whole process a lot less stressful.

We had a dedicated Customer Support person allocated to us and although they were swapped a few times they were always up to scratch on our file, I was able to get the answers to my questions promptly.
Our Pre-construction consultant was amazing, we had a few delays with other non-Metricon companies, and she went over and beyond trying to get the correct paperwork from them.

We are currently in the construction stage and our house is looking amazing!

Thank you to our Site manager, he is hands down amazing, He is very experienced and has high standards. We receive weekly calls with updates on what jobs have been done for the week and what is to come of the next few weeks. He is always available to answer any questions we may have. My partner and I are very pleased with the quality of our build and with how fast our home is coming along.

At first, we may have hit a rough patch but all in all we have had a great experience building our dream home with Metricon and we highly recommend.

We can’t wait to move in!

Build StageMid-Construction
Hi Paige c, Thank you for sharing this fantastic 5 Star Review with us and our readers. Reading our team has been amazing makes us very proud! We are thrilled to know that, despite an initial rough patch, you have had an outstanding journey from Sales through to Construction and our team’s communication, dedication and experience ensured your first experience building a home was an easy one. Paige c, thank you for choosing Metricon as your preferred builder, we are looking forward to handing over your beautiful new home. Regards, Metricon

A pleasant surprise!

As we lived about 3 1/2 hours drive from the area we were building in, my husband and I were a little nervous about the whole process but we had nothing but positive experiences during the whole time of pre-build and especially during the building period.
The sales and customer support people were all very pleasant and helpful but most of all, our site manager, [name removed], was the best. He kept in constant communication with us, knowing that we lived a long way away and allowed us to come and meet with him whenever it suited us. [name removed] was fantastic as he made sure everything was done to perfection, even after we had moved in and needed help with a couple of things.

Construction End DateFebruary 2019
Hi Robyn R., We are happy to know your experience with Metricon was such a positive one and our team assisted you through what was a nervous time with their helpfulness, communication and workmanship to ensure everything was done to perfection. Thank you for sharing this 5 Star review, we hope you love your beautiful new home for many years to come. Regards, Metricon

Pretty Perfect

For a long period of time we followed Metricon display homes and finally in 2018 had the opportunity to build on the Sunshine Coast.
2 years previously we met [name removed], 'Metricon Senior New Home Advisor" on one of our many display visits and contacted him to start the process March 2018. From planning, construction and now completion, [name removed] has always been available for consultation, listening to our ideas and designs,our concerns{hardly any} and progressed with us all the way.
A big heartfelt thank you [name removed] and Metricon

Construction End DateMarch 2019
Hi Chris A, It sounds like out New Home Advisor did a fantastic job assisting you throughout your journey with Metricon, we are pleased to know he was so helpful and attentive! We appreciate you taking the time to share this 5 Star review and wish you all the best. Kind regards, Metricon.

Over and above expectations. Amazing quality.

Extremely well managed build. Supervisor was a thorough professional with providing timely updates and discussed/explained smallest of the details via scheduled meetings. No space for complaints. Pro-activeness in completing smallest of the issues. Fantastic quality of work. Build completed without wasting any days. No change in estimated cost.

Building Permit No - [Number Removed]
Contract No - [Contract Number Removed]
Building - Delta 28BP Yale
Building Supervisor - [name removed]

Construction End DateMarch 2019
Hi Ninad P., What a great experience, thank you for taking the time to share it with us! We are happy to know our Site Manager managed your build extremely well, was professional, proactive and provided timely updates throughout your construction journey to ensure your expectations were exceeded in all aspects. Ninad P., enjoy your beautiful new home, we are sure you will love where you live for many years to come. All the best, Metricon

Great building experience

Extremely happy with this house building experience [name removed] site manager professional and helpful and ensured a high standard of quality was always met
Would definitely recommend Metricon to family and friends

Construction End DateMarch 2019
Hi David Ferguson, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is great to know you’ve been extremely happy throughout your construction journey and your expectations were met due to our Site Manager's helpfulness, professionalism and high standard of workmanship. We appreciate your recommendations and wish you all the very best in your beautiful new home. Kind regards, Metricon

First Home Owners Dream

Our build was well managed by [Name Removed]. As first home owners we were extremely nervous but his in depth communication kept us calm. The home is great quality and all we could ask for as our first home!
There was minor defects at our finally walk through which [Name Removed] fixed promptly.
Building with home solution, you get exactly what you pay for which is great for budget and the standard inclusions are still great!
Would love to build with Metricon again!

Construction End DateMarch 2019
Hi ec1997, Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we are extremely happy to know you are pleased with the quality of your new home and our Site Manager provided great service to assist you through what can be a very nervous time with his communication and efficiency. ec1997, congratulation on building your first home, we hope you love where you live for many years to come. Regards, Metricon

Great quality and built in good time

Build was managed great with next to no issues, great workmanship and no hidden costs. Communication from [name removed] was excellent. Would build next home with them again

Contract Number - [Contract Number]
Build - Davenport 30
Supervisor - [name removed]

Construction End DateMarch 2019
Hi Evan C., Thank you for sharing this 5 Star review. We are so pleased to know our Site Manager provided excellent service with their communication and workmanship to ensure your construction journey was great and your expectations regarding quality and the final cost were met. Evan C., we are sure you will love your beautiful new home for many years to come and look forward to working with you again in the future! Warm regards, Metricon

Great supervisor very happy buikd

Our supervisor [name removd] wall made our whole Metricon experience easy and was a complete professional always putting our needs first nothing was too much trouble we are completely happy customers

Construction End DateMarch 2019
Hi Marg C, Thank you for taking the time to share this 5 Star review. We are happy to read our Site Manager ensured your experience building with Metricon a great one and all your needs were put first with their professionalism and work ethic. We hope you love your beautiful new home for many years ahead! Wishing you all the best, Metricon