Great building supervisor - very happy with our house

Metricon built our first home. Our building supervisor was [name removed]. The build was well-managed, and we are very happy with the workmanship and quality of the final product. Also, the way the construction process was undertaken is highly admirable, everything went smoothly. During the entire construction process, [name removed] has been very responsible and finished everything on-time. Happy to build with them again.

Construction End DateApril 2019

Zero care and zero accountability

Started our build in June of 2016 and told we would be in our house for christmas. Handover wasn’t done until 12 months later.

Trades would use toilets that weren’t connected and leave them full of filth, the electricians left no manuals and refused to attend for power connection even though they promised they would be there when we scheduled it over a month in advance. Promises of compensation are denied because their staff turnover is so high that nobody we dealt with works there anymore. I’ve dealt with 3 different people for one outstanding issue and each time I have to restart the process because they don’t document anything.

Site manager never contacted us once without me initiating it.

So now 2 years after handover we still don’t have an occupancy certificate and their service and warranty staff ignore my phone calls and emails.

Pathetic. Don’t use this company.

Construction End DateJune 2017

Best experience ever, such a positive smooth transition into creating, building and moving into our new home

[Name Removed] our site manager at Metricon was very hands on. Gave us phone calls with updates every week without fail and took the time to explain all the different building terms. If we had any concerns [Name Removed] was straight onto it or looked it situation we brought to him. We had such a wonderful building experience with Metricon. We were told by peers building a house would be a stressful period, however [Name Removed] and the team at Metricon made it very smooth and easy for us, and for that we are truly thankful and appreciative. I would definitely recommend building with Metricon.

Excellent Site Manager with attention to detail

Our build with Metricon started in Feb 2019 in Mornington VIC. We were a little hesitant at first after having read a few poor reviews online before committing to build but had personally had good word of mouth reviews from other locals who had already built with Metricon and had been happy with the experience so were happy to take the journey with Metricon.

We had regular contact from our site manager [name removed] right from the start. [name removed], Our Building Support Manager at the office was excellent, always following up our queries and forwarding documents quickly.

Construction was done faster than expected and to a high standard. We used an independent inspector at each stage completion, who picked up a few minor things each inspection which [name removed] then had remedied quickly before the next stage started.

[name removed] co-ordinated with 3rd party contractors that we engaged for solar install and other items and made everything very easy. Building a new home can be a stressful affair but [name removed] made everything a breeze.

We love our new home and look forward to moving in within the next few weeks.

Would recommend building with Metricon and hope if you do that you get a site manager as good as we did.

Construction End DateJune 2019

Our final chapter.

From the beginning our sales consultant was very friendly and professional and steered us in the right direction with all the changes we wanted. From the start of our build we were always informed by our site manager and we had no concerns at all as he went above and beyond to get things rectified. All trades have done a great job. The Only downfall was some items being delivered for the build (not Metricon) were slightly damaged but will be rectified within the 90 day period , our costs were slightly higher than expected.

Metricon build experience

We have had a very satisfying experience with building with Metricon , starting from the selection process all the way through the build , [name removed] and the office staff have kept us completely updated during the build process along with our supervisor [name removed] and his manager who both have forwarded us weekly updates as to what stage they were at in the build process, we have heard quiet a lot of negativity about building a home but l must admit our journey with [name removed], [name removed], [name removed] and there support staff has been wonderful and we would not hesitate to build with Metricon again. Thanks again guys great job all the best regards [name removed] and [name removed]

Building Our First Home - the Journey & the Destination

We thoroughly enjoyed our first home building experience with Metricon. Our first positive impression was courtesy [name removed], our Sales Consultant, who was very receptive, forthcoming and proactive. Our selection process at Metricon Studio was also an enjoyable experience. Our tile consultant [name removed] was superb. Staff at Metricon made us feel at home and very forthcoming. We did have some anxious moments when we were finalizing our contract. There were some communication gaps and some rigidity in giving us credits but we got through that stage.
The building process, step by step, was made so enjoyable by our outstanding Site Supervisor [name removed]. He was very accommodative. Has a great sense of humour and has done a magnificent job. He is polite to the core and patiently answers all your questions and ensures that he addresses them.

No denying that Metricon are professionals and have done a great job. I will definitely recommend them to my friends.

Great Site Supervisor

The build of our new home was managed extremely well. A few minor changes to site layout were accommodated prior to slab being poured to better suit our expectations (verses what was shown on the plans - we live on acreage and it was difficult to site the house exactly prior to the initial setout). We were able to see the build progress daily, and witnessed the efficiency and tidiness of the trades.
Our site supervisor would call and provide regular updates. We would occasionally call for an update, or to discuss items which we didn't think were quite right. Updates were able to be provided without any delay or hesitation (demonstrating that the site supervisor knew exactly what was going on), and always committed to investigating anything that needed to be rectified.
We personally had to complete additional works in order for occupancy permit to be issued, and we were able to coordinate these with the site supervisor so that there weren't any delays to handover.
At handover a few issues were identified. These were booked in for rectification immediately, with the relevant trades contacting us directly to arrange suitable days/times to complete the identified defects.
The final cost was slightly less than the contract as we had a few provisional items. The provisional items were dealt with transparently with evidence of actual costs provided.
Overall we are extremely satisfied with the build. We would consider ourselves out of the norm for a Metricon build as we are not in a greenfields estate, building on acreage, with some access issues for delivery of trusses.

Good service

Just wanna share my own experience to first home buyers. My family have built 3 different houses with Metricon Homes and Burbank Homes. Metricon Homes is the only one who really care about client experience before/after settlement. To be honest, they also have some problems during construction, which might be caused by contractors (one of our properties in Westbrook Estate got serious fibre disconnection issue after settlement and spent 1 week on maintenance). A good thing is that all of the problems are solved within reasonable time frame. Their service team always respond to our issue report promptly (even 2 years after we move in). We just finished another first inspection in Truganina with Metricon last week and our site manager [name removed] provided very details advises and professional service to meet most of our demands. He is a nice guy with smiling face and really understand about vendors’ needs. Actually, I am a real estate agent who has worked with hundreds of site managers before. [name removed] is the best guy I have never seen. He did not push/force us to make any decisions, and always provide solutions for all of our concerns. This is the best strategy which can help both parties understand each other and showing respect to property owners. I would also appreciate to our coordinator ([name removed]). Thanks for her service on communication and problem solving.

Construction End DateJuly 2019

Building our dream home

I have nothing but positives to say about our construction of our new home!! The build started on the exact day that they said it would and since then everything has ran on track perfectly. Our site manager ([name removed]) and our building support contact ([name removed]) have been so amazing! Always answering my calls and emails and always with such a positive attitude. [name removed] and [name removed] have been a true highlight to my metricon construction experience and I couldn't recommend them enough! Thank you [name removed] and [name removed]!!!

Construction End DateJune 2019

Very happy with my builder.

We had excellent communication with our manager at all times throughout the building process, with weekly check-ins and quick replies with everything. The process was efficient and extremely well handled, with an obvious attempt on their behalf to finish everything before the due dates we'd proposed. Overall we are very satisfied with Metricon and especially [name removed], our manager and [name removed], building coordinator.

Construction End DateJuly 2019

Preconstruction stage

right from the beginning [name removed] was dealing with documentation and choosing the product no issues at all she is so professional and so kind we are so happy with her god bless her

Build StagePre-Construction

Highly recommend

Had a few issues with thieves breaking in and steeling out newly layed carpet among a few other things but wasn't Metricons fault. They have been great and very helpful through the whole process. Highly recommend

Construction End DateMay 2019

Working with pre site manager

Throughout the whole process, our pre site manager [Name Removed] was absolutely amzing. Nothing was ever too difficult for her and she kept us in the loop all trhoughout the process of getting to construction. I would not hesitate in recommending her to anyone.

Build StageMid-Construction
Hi Matt F, Thank you for taking the time to recognise the hard work and dedication of our Pre Site Manager, it is great to know she has provided amazing service! We are looking forward to the next stages of your journey with Metricon and trust they will be equally as enjoyable. Warm regards, Metricon

Very satisfied customer...

My build was managed very well from start to finish. The workmanship and the build quality was excellent. We had minor issues along the way, but our building supervisor took care of everything and rectified the problems promptly. Our final cost compared to our estimated cost was within our budget,Thanks Metricon! You did an excellent job on the build.

Build StagePost-Construction
Hi Kiri T, We are happy to read your comments about your construction journey with Metricon. It is pleasing to know our Site Manager ensured the quality and workmanship is excellent, the minor issues were rectified promptly and the final cost met your expectations. Kiri T, thank you for choosing Metricon, we hope you love where you live for many years to come. Warm regards, Metricon

Quick but quality building company

We just built our first home with Metricon and used the home solutions for first home owners they helped us save up the deposit while the land was waiting to be titled and only had to pay a small upfront deposit $2000 I think it’s $5000 now but still easier that 5-10% and to our surprise after hearing everyone’s horror stories about building our house was built and handed over within 4 months. Our building manager was an absolute GEM! Made sure everything was done on time if not earlier.
There are a few things that aren’t quite right but with Metricons 90 day cosmetic service these will all be fixed!!
If your planning on building and want a beautiful house done right in a sharp amount of time go with Metricon you won’t regret your decision!

Construction End DateMay 2019
Hi Kaylee R., Congratulations on building your first home! It is great to know our team was able to help you reach your dreams by assisting with a savings plan to get you on your way and our Site Manager was a gem who managed your build efficiently to deliver your beautiful new home within 4 months. Thank you for sharing this 5 Star Review with our readers, we trust you will love where you live for many years to come. Kind regards, Metricon

Very perfect

The building was well managed, the workmanship is very good, the managers([name removed] and [name removed]) were friendly, the quality of the building is good. There were no issues during the construction.

Build StageMid-Construction
Hi Xiuli, We are pleased to know everything was perfect during construction with no issues arising, and you are happy with the quality and workmanship of your beautiful new home. Warm regards, Metricon

I am very disappointed about construction

My sales consultation from ABC homes but metricon is the one building there homes, I am really disappointed with metricon work, very poor communication and poor response, low quality work and i feel unqualified tradesmen work, my house is holding after fixing stage more than four months with out finishing the house, what ever shows on the inspection never fixed and try to settle the house with out fixing, that is the main problem site supervisor is not fixing defaults, now took more than six months for construction,i am really really disappointed and not recommend to any of my friends to go with metricon, after stat construction ABC homes does not have any idea what is metricon is doing.

Build StagePost-Construction
Hi Malaka, We are disappointed to read your comments regarding your Australian Building Co (ABC) experience. We have sent you a private message requesting your details so we can locate your file and look into this further. We look forward to assisting you. Kind regards

Excellent Construction Management

Development Approval/ Building Permit Number: [Number Removed], Contract Number: [Number Removed] for Merricks37 Isla with [name removed] - Building Supervisor

We take this opportunity to appreciate the excellent service rendered by our Building Supervisor [name removed]. As an industry expert, [name removed] is one of the best project coordinator/supervisor I ever work with.

Despite the entire sales team destroyed our dream home and the image of the Metricon at the initial stage of the building process (our rating for the sales team from top to bottom is 0/10), Robina team including [name removed], [name removed] and Studio M team try their best to rebuild all and take back to the project on track.

Construction stage was excellent with our supervisor [name removed], who rebuilt the Metricon image and finally produce an excellent product on time and on budget with very minor concerns. (Our rating for the construction supervisor [name removed]is 10/10). His excellent client-builder relationship, continuous progress update, communication, flexibility, straightforward decision-making, attention to details, proactive, positive thinking and excellent time management take our home back to our dream within a very short period of time (half the way of estimated construction period).

Construction End DateApril 2019

10/10 would build again

It doesn't matter who you speak to, everyone is going to have a horror story to tell you when you advise who your builder is, unfortunately people like to share these with you and lets be honest things can go wrong, that's just fact.
I can however share my exceptional experience with Metricon from start to finish. The sales person ([name removed]) was very accurate with his information, he was able to work in quotes for additional items I wanted included. The Metricon appointment to pick my colors was fun and exciting, they were able to assist me with things I wasn't to good at eg, color schemes an complimentary colors. After that I played the waiting game until my land titled.
Onto the actual build, my site manager was [name removed] and I could give give no higher praise, if you choose to build though Metricon I hope you get him. [name removed] was honest about where we were at with the build at all times, he gave me regular updates and was eager to answer many of the numerous questions I shot his way around this that and the other thing. If I wanted to look through the property all I had to do was give him a call and book in a time, overall he gave of a very genuine feel that he actually cared about my build from start to finish. I experienced very little delays in my build and since living in the finished product I can only say I am very satisfied with who I chose to build with, the finished product is fantastic, the quality is amazing.

Construction End DateMay 2019
Hi Logan H., Thank you for taking the time to share this 5 Star review with our readers. We are pleased to read you had an exceptional experience throughout your journey with Metricon. Knowing this is due to the service provided by our team, their knowledge and assistance along with great communication and attention to detail to deliver a beautiful quality home makes us very proud. Thank you for recognising and acknowledging the efforts of the team who assisted you, we hope you love where you live for many years to come. Warm regards, Metricon

My email being ignored after building my house with Metricon Who Should I contact?
Check your Metricon building contract dispute process and send their nominated person for disputes a formal letter explaining the issue, what you require done, and by when. If they do not respond appropriately within a reasonable time then get legal advice or contact the fair trading office in your state for next steps. Share your experience on social media and the ACCC, particularly if you feel Metricon is not behaving appropriately. Recently over the course of a promised 42 week build that ended up taking 85 weeks this delay cost us an extra $85,000 in rent and interest. After serious defects were identified 2/3 throught the build by Housepect, initially Metricon ignored many emails of ours. Check your contract that Metricon are actually obliged to respond to your emails. In our contract they were not obliged to do this! We were forced to email, fax and post our defect rectification request notices to Metricon's nominated person to ensure we complied with the dispute notification and resolution process terms in the contract. Good luck.Hi hijih k. Thank you for your question. We are sorry to read your feedback. We have sent you a private message providing the email address of our Customer Care Team who are in the best position to assist. The team kindly await your email so we can look into this for you. Warm regards

Hi, How can I trust your ABC brand when they are having many quality issue ? Are you guys using a same staff for ABC build or what are the benefit to choose your sister concern company ??? if you can please guide us as a first home buyers. Thanks, Rasesh
Metricon is not ABC buildABC is a 'value' brand of Metricon using the same building licence as Metricon, according to their website, therefore customers should expect the same quality issues as with Metricon. Have a look at the 1 and 2 star reviews on this website. Treat the 5 star reviews here cautiously as many don't look real or look incentivised. Check out the home one website and face book if you want to see Metricon's attitude to quality and customer service once the building contract is signed and they have your money. Be wary of their standard template social media 'spin' responses here!Thanks mate , It's very helpful for many first home buyers and give bit knowledge to avoid this kind of tricks.

Hi, I signed up with Metricon and payed initial deposit of 1500$. I have decided not to go ahead with building currently as the current land value is really less and we will need to save up enough money to think about starting the build. Currently our land is not titled yet and no work has been done. We have contacted the sales team numerous times and we are either being not answered or kept redirected. Can Metricon please refund the initial deposit payed. We did not even have colour appointment. Thank you Kind regards Priyanka
Hi Priyanka, Thank you for your question. We have sent you a private message requesting your personal information so we can locate your file and look into this further for you. We do hope to hear from you. Warm regardsThank you. I have sent a pm to you with my details. Kind regards PriyankaHi Priyanka, Thank you for providing us with the requested information. We are currently looking into this and will provide a response as soon as we can. We thank you for your patience during this time. Warm regards

VIC, GeelongVIC, SheppartonVIC, TraralgonNSW, Baulkham HillsQLD, RobinaSA, NorwoodVIC, Metropolitan Melbourne
Contact Number 1300 786 7731300 786 7731300 786 773(02) 8887 9000(07) 5501 7200(08) 8228 7400(03) 9915 5555
Address238 Robina Town Centre Dr, Robina QLD, Australia88 Fullarton Road, Norwood SA, Australia501 Blackburn Rd, Mount Waverley VIC, Australia
Types of Homes AvailableDual Occupancy / Duplex, One-Storey, Split Level and Two-StoreyDual Occupancy / Duplex, One-Storey, Split Level and Two-StoreyDual Occupancy / Duplex, One-Storey, Split Level and Two-StoreyDual Occupancy / Duplex, One-Storey, Split Level and Two-StoreyDual Occupancy / Duplex, One-Storey, Split Level and Two-StoreyDual Occupancy / Duplex, One-Storey, Split Level and Two-StoreyDual Occupancy / Duplex, One-Storey, Split Level and Two-Storey
Major Defects WarrantyLifetimeLifetimeLifetimeLifetimeLifetimeLifetimeLifetime
Knockdown & RebuildYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
Build AreasRegional Victoria & Southern NSWRegional Victoria & Southern NSWRegional Victoria & Southern NSWSydney RegionQueensland & Northern NSWMetropolitan Adelaide & surroundsMetropolitan Melbourne & surrounds

Similar listings