• Build Stage
  • Flooring
    4.5 (1,133)
    4.2 (1,408)

LexCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Cosmetically great, structurally bad, low quality products

Construction End DateMay 2017
Keeda Dalton

Keeda DaltonWestern District, VIC

Absolutely love our very first built home!

Our build was managed exceptionally well and we were always kept up to date throughout the whole process. The quality was better than we ever expected and any issues we had/have were mostly attended too as soon as we raised them. Could have asked for any better really. Final costing was a little over what was originally budgeted for but we were made aware of all of this along the way and it was out of the builders and our control.

Aidna

AidnaSouthwest, VIC

New house build.

Throughout the build process any questions that I had would be answered in a quick timely manner. The work from all the trades has been very good the site supervisor has done a fantastic job managing them and answering my questions. I would be more than happy to build with them again.

JJ

JJGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible after service

I did a knock down rebuild with Metricon and this was completed nearly 12 months ago. I have tenants in both properties and they are still trying to get repairs done that were on our after maintenance schedule. I understand that Covid has held things up but one of the items was a leak through the roof tiles. Most of the build was really good but after service has been terrible.

Construction End DateJune 2020
Ning

NingSydney, NSW

Perfect!

Since I contacted Metricon, I was very satisfied with every step. The house was as good as I expected. The quality of the house, the speed of completion, and the professionalism and patience of all the staff made me very satisfied,very happy to cooperate. I will recommend it to people around me, choosing Metricon is the most correct

VantageHome

VantageHomeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect home built

We are satisfied with our new home built by Metricon. Our sales consultant [Name Removed] is very good and gave us lots of good advice. And our site manager [Name Removed] is very good too and always tried his best to help us with our concerns. The construction process went very smoothly. Great thanks to them.

Benjamin P.

Benjamin P.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great quality and fast build time

From signing the contract to moving into our new home was less than 6months.
The site manager and all the office staff were great to deal with.
I have had some small maintenances issue that have all been fixed with extremely fast.
Would recommend other to build with Metricon and will probably build again.

Construction End DateJanuary 2019
Liz

LizSouthwest, VIC

Extremely happy customer

I went through a third party company to assist with the first time build jitters. The feedback coming through them was that the supervisor was very particular about the quality. This showed in the end result and between the two of them they presented a high quality product. I would build with Metricon again through this experience.

Loveleen

LoveleenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Service and repair

I have been waiting for my hot water repair in a double story home from April 2020. No one has sent anyone after my 20 emails. Every time I email they say they will send someone and it’s been 10 months. There customer service is terrible too, when I was building home they rushed so much and changed few things themselves and denied. But even after handing over the house no one cares.

sharat c.

sharat c.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Service

Very Good Service! Thank you, Metricon for building my first home. Always first home is a dream for everyone. Metricon really helps me out from the start on choosing the plan to complete the house. very quick response whenever I need it. definitely recommend Metricon. Thank you so much, Metricon.

Construction End DateOctober 2020

Overall Satisfied

We had a few hiccups at the beginning before the build that left us very stressed but once our home was handed over to our Pre-site and Site Manager it went very smoothly. A big thanks to our Site Manager D.C as he was very informative and always going out of his way to help us with any concerns.

Overall Metricon were great!

Fantastic warranty supervisor!!

Construction End DateMarch 2017
Matthew H.

Matthew H.

A great builder who strives for excellence.

Construction End DateAugust 2019
Frank

FrankGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic!

We are very happy with the outcome of our build! Would definitely go with Metricon again for our next home, and would hire the same site manager. Very professional, always kept us updated on the progress, and also gave is some good advice on how to maintain and upkeep our home.

Marion 42

Marion 42Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great!

Good service. The workmanship and build quality of our property was great.
We are appreciate as we have some credited back because we cancelled the driveway concrete.
We are happy and satisfied with the Site Manager if we have any questions he is always happy to help and answers.

The whole schedule of construction was very good in timing, not delay.

Construction End DateMarch 2021

Chad and Rach

Chad and RachSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Customer Service

During the entire purchasing process, [Name Removed] was extremely helpful, he went over and beyond for us. The entire purchasing process was easy and smooth sailing. Great and Efficient communication! We are very impressed with the excellent customer service that was provided to us. Thank you [Name Removed] and the Metricon team!

Build StagePre-Construction

SamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No waterproofing in bathrooms - floors rotted away!

Sam

Hi Emmi, what was management’s response?

Sean Miskin Sydney, NSW

CAUTION - Final Build Product NOT to approved plans they don't care after the contract is signed particular construction

Build StageMid-Construction
Joshua

JoshuaSouthwest, VIC

An experience like no other!

Construction End DateDecember 2020
Annette G.

Annette G.Southwest, VIC

Metricon, very pleased with my house.

This build has been a great experience for me. Outstanding finish to the home, efficiently executed, timeline continuous...no holdups or needs to be changed or fixed, spotless to move into and a very professional and user friendly supervisor, who also gave direction and advice when asked. Thanks Metricon for my beautiful home.

Bianca Z.

Bianca Z.asked

Metricon

Hi all. Can you select your site manager??? I want to know who is top in Geelong

Team M.Metricon

Hi Bianca, thanks for reaching out. You're welcome to request a specific Site Manager, however, Site Managers are allocated based on serval influencing factors such as home design selected and your location. All Site Managers are dedicated to providing exceptional service. If you're interested in discussing a potential build you're welcome to contact our friendly Customer Service Team on 1300 638 742 who will be able to place you in touch with the appropriate New Home Advisor.
Angela
National Customer Care
Metricon Homes
customercare@metricon.com.au

Tess S.

Tess S.asked

Metricon

I purchased a display home in the Cloverton Estate in Kalkallo VIC. The leaseback from Metricon finished in Sept 2020. In Dec 2020, it was rented out. This is the first time that the house is occupied for living and not for display purposes. The tenants pointed out the following issues to the managing agent.
1. Exposed electrical wiring in the ensuite. Tenants feel that they may be electrocuted.
2. Sewage smell and water pressure in the toilet.
3. Low water pressure that cuts the hot water in the house.
4. The A/C vent is not working in one of the bedrooms
5. Cracked tiles
The managing agent called the service and warranty team on many occasions. All she got was a promise that somebody will get back to her. To date, she is still waiting for a return call. The tenants are getting very upset and they have filed a complaint with the Consumer Affairs of VIC. I emailed the service and warranty team and got an auto-reply email that the team is very busy.

In this present economy and the current pandemic, I chose Metricon (I have 2 houses built by Metricon) because I was under the impression that being a Number 1 builder goes beyond sales where it includes great customer care service post construction. Metricon takes pride in advertising that there is lifetime warranty on the houses they build. Metricon is supposed to be a brand that is synonymous to quality. Please do not let my impression of Metricon be otherwise. Who is the person (name and contact details) who can properly and promptly attend to this?

Anita cleaver

Anita cleaverasked

Metricon

So love the Bayville but my husband and I are down-sizing to Adelaide (just the two of us). We want to build just the ground floor of the Bayville with a pool and backyard pool room. We don’t want to skimp on size. Just because we’re retiring doesn’t mean we want ‘pokey’. Is this possible.

Team M.Metricon

We're so pleased to hear you love our Bayville design, Anita! As we're a Volume Home Builder, we only assist in building our own designs. We do not offer custom builds/designs and major alternations. To discuss further what designs we have available that may suit your requirements for down-sizing, we recommend speaking with one of our New Home Advisors, specialising in Adelaide. If this interests you, please reach our team via 1300 638 742 and we will be sure to get you in touch.

We look forward to hearing from you and wish you all the best.

Tahlia
National Customer Care
Metricon Homes
customercare@metricon.com.au

Get an answer from our members and Metricon representatives

Compare all 7 Metricon
CategoryHome BuildersHome BuildersHome BuildersHome Builders
Types of Homes AvailableDual Occupancy / Duplex, One-Storey, Split Level and Two-StoreyDual Occupancy / Duplex, One-Storey, Split Level and Two-StoreyDual Occupancy / Duplex, One-Storey, Split Level and Two-StoreyDual Occupancy / Duplex, One-Storey, Split Level and Two-Storey
Major Defects WarrantyLifetimeLifetimeLifetimeLifetime
Knockdown & RebuildYesYesYesYes
Build AreasGeelong, Ballarat & WarrnamboolBendigo, Shepparton, Albury/Wodonga & Wagga Wagga)Drouin, Cowes, Traralgon & Lakes EntranceSydney Region
Compare all 7 Metricon