Steelcraft Acclaim Reverse Handle

Steelcraft Acclaim Reverse Handle

Piece of crap

What a load of crap this thing is constant issues folding it the handle is lopsided the wheels have rotation issues if I could get my money back I’d do that. Only had it 4 months already looking to buy another stroller oh and it won’t be steelcraft I will find something else

Hi Don, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! Steelcraft products have a 24-month repair warranty, which covers faulty materials & workmanship when used under normal conditions for the warranty period. We will repair the products free of charge within 24 months of purchase however they will need to inspect to see if they are covered by our warranty. Please return your stroller along with your purchase receipt to your place of purchase so that they can arrange for it to be returned to us for inspection or alternatively you can book an appointment directly with one of our fully authorised repair specialists, please see their details below: VIC, Essendon North, 3041, 03 9379 5292, SA, Seaford, 5169, 0407 600 500, QLD, Stafford, 4053, 07 3356 6089, WA, Osborne Park, 6017, 08 9444 7261, NSW, Taren Point, 2229, 1300 308 435 If you would like to go direct please give our team a call on 1300 303 330 so we can provide you with a reference number. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Very sturdy and long lasting pram

Reversible handle allowed me to look at my baby and keep an eye on her when sleeping, etc, as well as turn her to see the world when awake! Very sturdy and accessories were easy to wash and care for. Served me well for 3 long years, and still in perfect condition, its ready to serve someone else! what a great buy!

Hi AjBC, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

So many features - we love it.

This was the cheapest pram at Baby Bunting but also had the most features. I really wanted a reverse handle pram to keep bubby out of the sun easily when on walks, so this feature was great. Suitable for newborn - came with newborn insert. Has a mesh cover to protect bubby from the sun and insects. Came with rain cover and two boot covers. Also has enough basket room underneath for a few groceries. You can lock wheels into position or leave the unlocked for easy manoeuvrability for getting around right aisles in the shops. I found it collapses and pops up easily and also fits into the boot of my Hyundai i30 no problems. It has a clear window with flab in the canopy to peek through. Also can open up at babies head to let breeze through the mesh on warmer days. It really suits all seasons. We have also taken it on a flight with us and it survived with no issues. It’s a little more robust looking than other strollers, but I actually like how sturdy it is. This is not an off road stroller - it’s too bumpy for that. But for the price it’s packed full of features we wanted.

Hi Anna, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Safe

this is easy to operate and comes with all the required instructions. also easy to fold and unfold as it can be done by few seconds. it fits to my car nicely. i love the big wheels and break as it is safe while travelling. quality is good for money.

Don't buy unless they have improved it

Shonky pram. Maneuverability poor this pram went very which way, nearby tipping on corners. Folding could not get this pram to fold and we had 10mins to get out of the car park after paying or risk paying again at the hospital. Hubby put baby in car drove out of car park whilst I pushed it out and manage to fold it 16mins later! I brought it for the reverse handle, a month later when shopping I had baby facing outwards, and I placed a grocery bag on the handle containing 2 bananas, 2 apples, and a packet of muesli bars. Hardly heavy! And this darn pram tipped backwards and baby wasn't happy and neither was mum. Omg! That was the last day I used that pram. I came on product review looking for a stable more sturdy pram, I looked on choice I found a way better pram the steelcraft strider. Even with a 20kilo toddler standing in the second seat it doesn't tip.

Buyer beware when buying this please! We tossed ours on the tip.

Simply love it!

This pram is so comfortable!
It rolls well & takes awkward angles well with bubs barely noticing.
love the reverse handle!!
it cradles bubs well
is semi easy to fold (once u get the hang of it)
large but not too heavy my 6ft hubby doesn’t look or feel odd pushing it
washes well if bubs vomits or has a nappy accident
Only downfall is it needs a can holder!

Hi Jessie, hank you for your fantastic review. We are delighted to hear how comfortable and easy to use our pram is! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Pram is good but buckle is too loose so can not say it's reliable

I really loved it when I bought and used it for few months but than after I noticed that buckle is not tight enough so belt could not worked as it should be so always fear whether baby is ok
When I enquired about replacing I found I need to stiched with workman which is too far from my place
Little annoyed

Great multi-function pram for big walks!

This pram is very easy to maneuver. It did take a bit of getting used to how the wheels work. Originally I was hesitant about purchasing this pram based on other reviews (most of the comments were on the way the wheels work). Upon using the pram, i have found that there are 2 locking functions on each wheel, One for the brakes and one for the steering, the rear wheels of the pram(the ones closest to you) should ALWAYS have steering lock on and the wheels at the front (the set furthest away from you should not have steering lock). Once you set the pram up this way it is very easy to use. The pram is easy to fold and store away but is a bit on the heavier side (compared to the light weight prams on the market). I am very happy with the build quality.

Reverse handle is the best feature with this

We bought this in 2010 with our first child and now using it back with my second one. Still looks almost new. We just noticed a piece of safety harness is missing and we have no clue how it went off without any jerk or mishandling. I carefully kept this pram for my second one and now really upset with this. Its such a good stroller bit heavy in weight though but overall a good buy.

Acclaim or agile elite????

Just wondering if the steelcraft acclaim better than the steelcraft agile elite??? (Especially for a newborn??). I was looking at getting the elite because i already have a britax infant carrier that will fit perfect but I really like the reverse handle on the acclaim...and also does the steelcraft infant carrier fit into the acclaim?

Hi, Both are excellent strollers, so it's really hard to answer this question. It will depend on what your needs are and which features are more important to you - please give our customer service team a call on 1300 303 330 to discuss the differences so that you can come to a decision. To answer your question, The Acclaim is compatible with the Steelcraft Infant Carrier. Warm regards, the Britax team.

Good but weight needs to be improved, feels to heavy.

GOOD
Its relatively easy to use and I got it in deal.
Baby feels comfortable.
The best part is that the it comes with reverse handle.
Good storage.

BAD
It Feels too heavy.
occupies too much space.
style can be improved.

over all a good product if you don't mind lifting a bit of weight.

Hi Raj, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We will certainly pass on your feedback to our product innovation team regarding the heaviness and size of the seat, as well as the style. If we can assist you with anything in future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Warm regards, the Britax team.

Good, versatile pram

My granddaughter loves this pram and always looks nice and snug and safe in it. It has a good storage compartment and the reverse handle is terrific so you can always keep an eye on her. The wheels are a bit tricky to lock in at first, but once you’ve got the hang of it, all is good. It is fairly easy to manoeuvre and can go most places. The only downside is that the handle sits a little too high and can’t be adjusted. Otherwise, a nice lightish-weight, versatile pram which folds up well and is great for smaller cars.

Hi Angel, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. If we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Everything good about this pram but the wheels

I like everything about this reverse handle pram. The boot is large and I can out so many things there, the handle is a god-sent, I can always see my baby if I want to and also change direction if the sun is facing the baby. The pram is comfortable and the baby naps there and also sits upright very well. The only thing that needs changing is the wheels. I still cannot understand how to lock them properly so that they go where I want them to go, it is very tricky to maneuver.

Hi Amanda, thank you for your fantastic review. We are delighted to hear how comfortable our pram is. We will pass your feedback regarding our wheels onto our product innovation team. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Perfect for my first baby I love it she loves it could not ask for a better one

Very easy to use very happy with everything about it I love it bubs loves it fantastic product for the price very comfy fantastic fabric lots of room to go shopping it’s a fantastic pusher built solid live how the handle goes both ways so bubs can look at me or look at everything around her

Perfect pram for a new mother

I am a new mother myself and like to keep constant eye on my baby, I found this pram nice because I can see the baby all the time when I push him around and if the sun gets too hot or it gets too windy I can easily reverse the handle and the baby will face the opposite direction. I also found the wheels not easy to manoeuvre and it does go from side to side a bit. It does take a bit of practice to fold and unfold the pram when folding it to fit int he boot of the car.

Great pram

This pram is easy to steer, easy to fold down and back up, its not super heavy to lift in to the car and its not overly bulky. Its also fairly roomy and my 18 month old can still nap in it and not be squashed.
Good quality and has several reclining seat positions. Handle also can be reversed.

Thing has a mind of it's own

Like my title says... this stroller has a mind of its own i swear. You try to turn left it goes right, you turn right it goes straight.. try to reverse it goes left right left right left right!! I got it because i like the idea of a reverse handle but my god was it a bad move!! Oh and it locks up when you pack it away to the point you will have to use every muscle in your arms to pull it apart when you need it!! And it makes baby very hot even with the ventilation mesh thing open. Pay that extra few $ and get something more reliable and safe!

Not the best not the worst.

It's very hard to maneuver. Each time you put the handle to opposite way You have to re lock the wheels so you can push the pram. When you are on a slant the pram tends to go to one side and almost tip over.
It's easy to fold unfold. However it's not something you can just 'carry'
The quality is great. It's just the wheels that need fixing

good product

Great stroller my friend bought this one and is so happy with it .it is so easy to fold down and easy to use .she gets so many compliments when she takes her baby out for a walk or shopping in it. Quality is good and the price was good deal as well

did not like it

This was terrible i found it difficult to manouvre. As my daughter got older and heavier ot was even worse to use. I found it a struggle to take her out in it. I preferred a cheap stroller tp it but only kept it since i spent around 150 on it. Definitely not worth the price

I have acclaim stroller CAT.NO 36742T Batch 09 05. Is it possible to replace a bumper bar with the new one from newer version of Acclaim and is it possible to buy it separately somewhere
Hi ddar, thanks for your question. We no longer have any parts available for the older version and unfortunately the newer version are not compatible. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Just wondering if there is a capsule for the acclaim as well as a toddler seat for the acclaim?
Hi Bec, thanks for your question. if you could please give us a call on 1300 303 330 with the Cat No from your stroller frame so we can advise if there is a compatible capsule available for your Acclaim stroller. We don't recommend the use of toddler/skate/stand on boards as we haven't tested them with any products in the Steelcraft range. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Hi there I have recently purchased a second hand acclaim and a sns unity capsule thinking that they could be used together but it seems that the front bar does not allow the capsule to securly sit safely in the pram can you purchase a different front bar?
The aclaim is NOT capsule compatible! You will need another pram to go with the capsule

Acclaim Reverse Handle
Seating Type Single
Suitable Age0+ months
Max User Weight 17 kg
Seat OrientationConvertible
Bassinet Compatible Yes (Included)
Capsule CompatibleYes, with addition of adapters
FeaturesArm Bar and Reversible Handle