Steelcraft Baby Capsule

Steelcraft Baby Capsule

MPN: 60/A/2013/1

Pros

• Travel system compatible

• Canopy for sun and wind protection

• Lightweight

Cons

• Small capsule

• Safety
  • Ease of Installation
  • Ease of Carrying

Great! But wish shade was bigger...

Only wish the shade was bigger! Any time we head out there is always an issue with sun or wind getting into the baby’s eyes. I have to peg down a muslin wrap every time. Is there any way to buy a seperate shade that will block more sun / wind for baby?

Purchased in May 2020.

Car ModelMazda 3
Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Lisa, thank you for taking the time to leave your review and valuable feedback on the Steelcraft Baby Capsule. If there's anything we can assist you with in future, please feel free to contact us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Pia K.

Pia K.Perth, WA

Adaptors

I love our steel raft capsule and hoping to use it with a different pram for second baby. I have a pram adaptor for the Britex capsules but have a steelcraft baby capsule, do they all fit the same britex adaptors? Using it on a city mini gt2 double

Need some help

I have a savvi Pram can I use it with my 60/A/2010?? Both are second hand I wasn’t sure if I needed an adapter for it?? Fingers crossed you have the answers thanks Abbie

PEPM

PEPM

AMAZING capsule

Have been using this capsule for the last 2 months with my newborn and it has been AMAZING! Could not recommend it more. She is super comfortable, easy to install and breathable for little bub.

Purchased in October 2019.

BelPerth, WA

Great baby car seat

Easy, light and great for taking my baby out of the car and straight into the pram without waking them up. Recommended this product to all new parents. Good job Steelcraft!

Purchased in December 2018 for $40.00.

Bel

I do have an issue with my Strider Pram the clip has broken and unable to secure baby in the seat. Can this part be replaced?

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Bel, please contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330 so we can assist you with spare parts, pricing and availability. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Jess

JessMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lightweight, easy to use

I use this daily. I love it. I originally had a 0-8 years car seat but I didn’t like the way my daughter looked in it when she was newborn, she looked very uncomfortable as it didn’t recline much.

So when she was a few weeks old I started researching capsules and found that steelcraft made one that is compatible with my steelcraft pram. Very convenient, lightweight and easy to use.

She looks very comfy in it and will sleep in it long after we get home. My baby girl runs hot just like her dad so when she could support her neck (around 3 months) I took out the support as when I would take her out she would be dripping in sweat. I love that it’s easy to remove and wash.

I can’t recommend this enough.

Purchased in May 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $299.00.

Jackie

Jackie

Perfect for my little man

This capsule is so cute and easy to install in any car. My newborn looks extremely comfy in this and the price was amazing. Also attached to my pram which is super convenient

Purchased in November 2018 at Baby Bunting.

SJC

SJC

Makes Life With Bub Easy

We received a steelcraft stroller for our baby shower, so purchased this for the first few months. It makes getting out of the house so easy as it just clips right in! Also great for when she has sleepovers with Granny as the base is super easy to move between cars and takes about a minute to install!

Purchased in February 2019.

Car ModelMazda 3
Support C.Steelcraft

HI SJC, thanks so much for taking the time to leave such a terrific review. If you need anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330, kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Jodie

Jodie

Makes life so much easier

My daughter loves the capsule. If I am trying to get ready and out the door when she's tired and cranky I can put her in the capsule and she will often fall asleep before we are even in the car. The capsule makes it very easy if they are asleep to move between places. I used it for short trips for nearly a year with my son (and he was big) due to the convenience. The attachment to my pram was very easy also. The only thing is it is quite heavy once baby is in there, however I'd rather it be safe and heavy than light and flimsy!

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Jodie, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

jj1234

jj1234Melbourne

Lifesaver!

Absolutely loved the strider capsule, perfect for when bubs falls asleep and a quick stop in at the shops. Clips so easily from car to pram. My bub didn’t out grow till about nine months, so we got good use out of it. Certainly saved our sanity for those short trips.

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi jj1234, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Thakshi

ThakshiSydney

Perfect!

This is a great capsule that is easy to carry and to fix in the car. It is compatible with a steelcraft pram. It was a breeze to install into our car. Baby found it very comfortable to sit into this capsule without feeling uncomfortable. I would recommend this to anyone.

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Thakshi, thanks for your great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, The Steelcraft Team

GraemeW

GraemeWGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This product is as good as it gets

Now when it comes to capsules, you don't want to skimp.
The most common brands are MaxiCosi, Britax and Steelcraft.
Seeing as Britax and Steelcraft are the same company, I can't see the difference.
We chose Steelcraft based on price and that it came with the Steelcraft pram (brackets included).
The carrier is easy to carry with a very secure locking handle (3 positions: flat/stand, locked in pram and carry mode).
We had it installed by an RACV certified fitter who taught us how to detach and reattach it.
Very secure and deliberate 'click' sounds when locks are engaged.
Our child looked quite cosy in it and very secure and padded.
Overall, we are pleased with our purchase with no regrets. Aim for under $300 (written @ January 2018).

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Graeme, thanks for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Sarah H

Sarah HVictoria, 3658

Perfect for Newborn

Wasn’t going to use a capsule to begin with, however was swayed by my sister in law. I borrowed the capsule from her and so glad I did. So easy to use and carry. We have a smaller car and it fits in but the passenger seat has to be quite forward so wouldn’t be ideal if you have a tall passenger. But in a big car you would have no issone es like that. Capsule fits into requisite pram. Overall very happy with product.

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Sarah, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Annie L

Annie LAU

Capsule

This capsule is not easy to carry especially when you have just had a baby. I couldn't carry it and had to give it away. The sunshade always falls down too. Baby did not fit very securely in capsule he was flopping around and did not look safe at all.

Chezza

ChezzaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Cost a lot of money and is crap

It’s awkward to carry handle is too large. Very difficult to install in the car took it to the red cross who install all types and they had problems. Child fits in the capsule quite well. Has the potential to improve once baby grows and car seat can be changed to a sitting up mode.

Erin W

Erin WIpswich

Small make

I find that the capsule is easy to carry for the first month or so until baby starts to grow. I found it super confusing as a first time Mum to install it so I paid a professional to do it. I love that it is compatible with my pram for shopping trips. I find that it get enough airflow through it as my baby gets a super sweaty back on hot days.

Easy to use and stylish

I am using this capsule with the stroller for my first baby and he is two months old now. This is very convenient as I don't have to wake bub up to transfer him from the car to the pram. sometimes I take just the capsule if I go into a cafe or a restaurant and keep the baby in there next to me. The downside is it gets hot with the material. And as my baby gets a bit chubbier, I feel that the capsule won't fit him for long. also the capsule is a bit heavy to carry but baby is very safe in there.

Karliah

Karliah

Can't live without it!!!

This is a godsend, so easy to use and maintain.
I absolutely love that I can get the capsule in and out the car and connect it straight to my prom without waking baby up. Makes school pickups so much more easy that I'm not transferring my baby in and out the car waking him up.
Easy to clean and wash and easy to install in the car. Highly recommend!!

Bree

Bree

Safe and almost perfect!

Easy to carry, nice and compact.
Easy to put into base, but tricky to get out of base.
Very safe and secure.
But annoying to get bubs in and out of seat whilst it's attached to the base due to the belt that wraps around the capsule - you have to move the handle to the centre which jolts the capsule whilst making a loud click noise when it locks in, then you have to detach the belt from the capsule, really is a lot of fiddling and disrupting for bubs.

Thanu

ThanuCranbourne North

Nice one

Yes It’s easy to carry the baby.
And compatible with a pram and in car.

Very easy to fix in pram and car.

Child is very safe when braking and all. My boy is sleeping well in capsule peacefully. Even sometimes at home ;)

Excellent product and price also affordable.

Liz T

Liz T asked

Just wanting to check if this model is compatible with the new Strider Mini prams at Baby Bunting or will need an adapter. Thanks

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Liz T, Thanks for your question. The Steelcraft Strider Mini cannot take the Steelcraft as the frame is a click & go frame however the Steelcraft Strider Signature V5 can take the Steelcraft capsule. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Gail

Gailasked

Is this capsule still available and is it compatible with bew Britax Strider compact

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Gail, thanks for your question. The Steelcraft Baby Capsule is now a discontinued item in our range. The Steelcraft capsule can be used on only the Strider Signature V5 pram (top position only). Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Chris D.

Chris D.asked

We have a capsule series 60/A/2010/1and find it very hard to release capsule from base, it seems to have a lot of tension on handle to pull and release. Are you able to adjust the tension.

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Chris D. Thanks for your question. Please email au-support@britax.com so we can provide with some troubleshooting steps in order to easily remove the Steelcraft capsule from the base. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

See all Steelcraft Baby Capsule questions

Get an answer from our members and Steelcraft representatives

The Steelcraft Baby Capsule features a lightweight design that is ideal for moving your baby frequently and is compatible with selected Steelcraft and Britax strollers.

A travel system allows you to move your sleeping child in the baby capsule from the car to the stroller with minimal disturbance. This product complies with AS/NZ 1754:2013 “Child Restraint Systems for use in motor vehicles” standards.

Features

• ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: Head Support, Harness Pads and Crotch Buckle Cover.
  • LIGHTWEIGHT: Capsule is only 3.75kg.
  • EASY & SIMPLE: One-hand release from car seat base, then easily transfer between car and stroller.
  • COMFORT FOR YOUR BABY: Head support, harness pads and crotch buckle cover for your baby’s added comfort.
  • COMFORT FOR YOU: Ergonomic handle makes it easier for you to carry on your forearm.
  • COMPATIBILITY: Travel system compatible with Steelcraft Prams.
  • 3-POSITION BASE RECLINE: This feature allows for a better fit on your vehicle seat.
  • FOLD BACK CANOPY: Fold back the canopy for shade from direct sunlight or protection against the wind.
  • TRAVEL SYSTEM COMPATIBLE: This allows you to move your child from the carrier section in the car to the stroller without waking them. It is a simple, smooth action which means your child will feel minimal disturbance.

What reviewers thought

This pram has been said to be lightweight, convenient and easy to use. Reviewers appreciated the easy installation process and how comfy it is for their baby. Some have noted that the carrier is quite small and their babies outgrow it before 6 months.

CategoryBaby Capsules