Steelcraft Baby Capsule

Steelcraft Baby Capsule

Makes life so much easier

My daughter loves the capsule. If I am trying to get ready and out the door when she's tired and cranky I can put her in the capsule and she will often fall asleep before we are even in the car. The capsule makes it very easy if they are asleep to move between places. I used it for short trips for nearly a year with my son (and he was big) due to the convenience. The attachment to my pram was very easy also. The only thing is it is quite heavy once baby is in there, however I'd rather it be safe and heavy than light and flimsy!

Hi Jodie, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Lifesaver!

Absolutely loved the strider capsule, perfect for when bubs falls asleep and a quick stop in at the shops. Clips so easily from car to pram. My bub didn’t out grow till about nine months, so we got good use out of it. Certainly saved our sanity for those short trips.

Hi jj1234, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Perfect!

This is a great capsule that is easy to carry and to fix in the car. It is compatible with a steelcraft pram. It was a breeze to install into our car. Baby found it very comfortable to sit into this capsule without feeling uncomfortable. I would recommend this to anyone.

Hi Thakshi, thanks for your great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, The Steelcraft Team

This product is as good as it gets

Now when it comes to capsules, you don't want to skimp.
The most common brands are MaxiCosi, Britax and Steelcraft.
Seeing as Britax and Steelcraft are the same company, I can't see the difference.
We chose Steelcraft based on price and that it came with the Steelcraft pram (brackets included).
The carrier is easy to carry with a very secure locking handle (3 positions: flat/stand, locked in pram and carry mode).
We had it installed by an RACV certified fitter who taught us how to detach and reattach it.
Very secure and deliberate 'click' sounds when locks are engaged.
Our child looked quite cosy in it and very secure and padded.
Overall, we are pleased with our purchase with no regrets. Aim for under $300 (written @ January 2018).

Hi Graeme, thanks for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Perfect for Newborn

Wasn’t going to use a capsule to begin with, however was swayed by my sister in law. I borrowed the capsule from her and so glad I did. So easy to use and carry. We have a smaller car and it fits in but the passenger seat has to be quite forward so wouldn’t be ideal if you have a tall passenger. But in a big car you would have no issone es like that. Capsule fits into requisite pram. Overall very happy with product.

Hi Sarah, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Capsule

This capsule is not easy to carry especially when you have just had a baby. I couldn't carry it and had to give it away. The sunshade always falls down too. Baby did not fit very securely in capsule he was flopping around and did not look safe at all.

Cost a lot of money and is crap

It’s awkward to carry handle is too large. Very difficult to install in the car took it to the red cross who install all types and they had problems. Child fits in the capsule quite well. Has the potential to improve once baby grows and car seat can be changed to a sitting up mode.

Small make

I find that the capsule is easy to carry for the first month or so until baby starts to grow. I found it super confusing as a first time Mum to install it so I paid a professional to do it. I love that it is compatible with my pram for shopping trips. I find that it get enough airflow through it as my baby gets a super sweaty back on hot days.

Easy to use and stylish

I am using this capsule with the stroller for my first baby and he is two months old now. This is very convenient as I don't have to wake bub up to transfer him from the car to the pram. sometimes I take just the capsule if I go into a cafe or a restaurant and keep the baby in there next to me. The downside is it gets hot with the material. And as my baby gets a bit chubbier, I feel that the capsule won't fit him for long. also the capsule is a bit heavy to carry but baby is very safe in there.

Can't live without it!!!

This is a godsend, so easy to use and maintain.
I absolutely love that I can get the capsule in and out the car and connect it straight to my prom without waking baby up. Makes school pickups so much more easy that I'm not transferring my baby in and out the car waking him up.
Easy to clean and wash and easy to install in the car. Highly recommend!!

Safe and almost perfect!

Easy to carry, nice and compact.
Easy to put into base, but tricky to get out of base.
Very safe and secure.
But annoying to get bubs in and out of seat whilst it's attached to the base due to the belt that wraps around the capsule - you have to move the handle to the centre which jolts the capsule whilst making a loud click noise when it locks in, then you have to detach the belt from the capsule, really is a lot of fiddling and disrupting for bubs.

Nice one

Yes It’s easy to carry the baby.
And compatible with a pram and in car.

Very easy to fix in pram and car.

Child is very safe when braking and all. My boy is sleeping well in capsule peacefully. Even sometimes at home ;)

Excellent product and price also affordable.

Hi Thanu, thank you for taking the time to leave the positive review above. We're glad you found our baby capsule safe and easy to use. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Amazing!!

We purchased the steelcraft capsule to fit into our steelcraft strider pram so we could go from car to pram with ease and it’s definitely delivered. The capsule is easy to carry, easy to install, bub fits perfectly in the capsule and the newborn adjustable insert allows room for our fast growing little one. Very happy!

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review. We're glad to hear you found our baby capsule easy to carry and install. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Fan of Steelcraft since 2011

We have been using Steelcraft prams since 2011 and had been using the same baby capsule since then for our first two children. However with our newborn last year we needed a new one and didn't think twice about purchasing another one of these. The capsule is so handy for getting in and out of the car and into the buggy, it really is a great help. It is only really now at 9 months old that we are starting to feel like it may be getting a bit on the small side, and I'm sure we will be buying more Steelcraft products as our child gets older.

Couldn't have lived without it!

My child loved the capsule and I loved it too. It was lightweight to carry and clicked into my steelcraft strider pram. It was so convenient and easy to transfer baby from car to pram, especially if she'd fallen asleep. There are 3 different strap height settings, to keep baby comfortable and secure. My daughter is small and fit perfectly in the capsule for 7 months.

Good capsule but gets a bit hot and sometimes sticky seatbelt

The capsule is overall good but a bit hot and a bit of a sticky seatbelt sometimes at the back.
Looks great and feel very confident in the safety of it and it also works perfect as it fits in with our Steelcraft pram which means when bub is sleeping, no need to wake him up to transfer from one to the other.

Excellent - Good Quality

I used this capsule for all 3 of my kids, the quality is good and also the durability. I also bought the Pram and 2 bases for each card, very expensive when you purchase everything individually but ideal as you don’t need to purchase 2 seats for both cars.
Would highly recommend if you have the cash but there are other seats out there for a better price

Convenient. But gets hot.

I found it convenient that it clipped straight from the car to my pram so bubs didn't get woken up each stop.

Bubs was born at 2.3kg and is still in it at 6 months (has about 2cm left) she is starting to get a bit squished in there now.

It was super hard to install, we ended up taking it to the fitter.

It gets super hot in there as its quite confined & the fabric is not moisture wicking.

I also don't like that the sun hood is tiny it stops pretty much zero sun hitting her.

Not sure we will use for our next one.

Cosy and stylish

This Steelcarft Baby Capsule is of good quality and it is very stylish, I like taking my baby in and out of the car and taking him to shops without disturbing much valuable sleep. The Capsule is easy to use and come with good instructions. I would recommend it to a friend.

Hi Svetlana, thank you for taking the time to review. We're so glad to hear you found our baby capsule stylish and easy to use. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

It's ok.

It's a little on the heavy side, especially when bubbs is getting bigger. I only used it for a sort time. 3 months. If you have a large baby it won't be worth pulling it out. Just use it was a normal child's seat. Its small so after 6 months your baby might not fit.

Hi, I have a steelcraft capsule series 60/A/2010. My 15 month old still has some room under the markers and I'm just wondering what the weight limit of these are as I can't find info anywhere. Thankyou.
Hi Kaity, thanks for your question. The Steelcraft capsule uses the shoulder height markers as a reference for suitability, if your little one is under the upper shoulder height marker then you can continue to use the capsule until your child reaches this marker. Weight is no longer a factor, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Hi what kind of steelcraft capsule do I have I have the following number on it 06/A/2004
Hi Emily, thanks for your question. The Steelcraft capsule (60/A/2004) is suitable up to 9kg. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Hi there I have just got a secondhand steelcraft capsule and it has also came with a travel tray . The date of the manufacture is 22/09/2014. I was just wanting to know when it expires ? The people I bought it of saids it expires on the 22/09/2024
Hi Cheridan E, thank you for you're question. A 10 year lifespan from date of manufacture is a recommendation for a capsule or restraint. Once the 10 years has exceeded we recommend updating you're restraint. If you have any further question, please contact us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Baby Capsule