Steelcraft Messina Hi Lo

Steelcraft Messina Hi Lo

Impossible to clean and way too bulky

This chair has ended up being way more hassle than it's worth! Clean up takes so long as there are so many crevices for food to hide in and if you want to take the cover off and clean it properly you need to unscrew, unclip and wrestle with the chair which takes a good 20 minutes and then another 20 to get it back on after the 24 hours it takes for it to dry! It is also not suitable for young babies as it is far too big and they cannot reach the tray.
Lastly it is absolutely huge and does not store well! It sits in the corner of my dining room taking up so much space and it just gets in the way.
We've decided to get rid of it and get a cheap easy clean chair from elsewhere.

Purchased in November 2018 at Baby Bunting for $200.00.

Safety

Alie

AlieAustralia

I really love it!

ElRose

ElRoseGippsland, VIC

Hard to Clean , Tray too far Away from Baby!

Danielle

Danielle

Useful but hard to clean

Very versatile and some handy features. Particularly like being able to take the top tray off. So easy to use. Replaced with an Ikea high chair however as I spent more time cleaning it than using it. Needs a lot less nooks and crannys in the seat to make it practical.

Natasha Kikerkovski

Natasha KikerkovskiPrestons

Seriously, a fantastic baby product. A Must buy!

Seriously the best highchair you could buy. It had a fantastic recline option which means you can start using it early, before baby can sit confidently. It's a great chair that you can manoeuvre around the house, great for when your in the kitchen and want baby close. The only downfall is that it does take a little while to clean due to all of the padding and nooks and crevices, however the padding is great as it keeps it comfortable for baby, so it kind of makes it worth it!

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Natasha, thank you for leaving the fantastic review above. If we can assist you with anything in future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Michelle Eldridge

Michelle EldridgeSydney, NSW

Exactly what I needed

The multi positions to use at the table or as a low chair are very practical,I like the lock-in wheels,sturdy and easy to clean .The insert for younger babies is also useful and easy to uncoil to put into the washing machine.As a Grandmother this a very useful product and would and have recommended it to others.

Lisa

LisaSydney

Great High Chair

Not sure why so many are saying this chair is hard to keep clean? My DS is 6 months old and we do BLW (so LOTS of mess!).

But, i found this chair quite simple to clean, considering it has padding.

I just take off the top two trays to wash and then wipe down the rest of the chair with a damp cloth.

I love that it can go high and low, means that we can use it to feed him at the dining table or let him sit next to us in the loungeroom.

Bikbhu

BikbhuAU

Good one

a good one but the eating tray is bit higher so i need to put a cushion underneath for my toddler.
can adjust height and chair can be tilted as well. has got removable upper tray which is handy to clean.
the basket underneath is very good to store bibs.

Angela

Angela

Very good chair

LisaS1

LisaS1

Terrible high chair

This chair is extreamly hard to keep clean. It's not with the money we paid for it. After only 5 months of use the material on the padded seat has started to fall apart. So we will have to buy another high chair - and it won't be this one. Never again!

Wish we never got this chair

I wish we never got this chair. It is not value for money as it is expensive and not worth it. Its extremely hard to clean food gets in all sorts of places and is hard to get out. I am actually going to buy a new high chair as it takes too long to clean it every day!.

MandK

MandKHobart

Poor quality, possibly unsafe and poor customer service

Kate

KateMelbourne

Wish I hadnt purchased this

The Messina DLX Hi Lo High chair is a Horrible high chair. Its big, bulky and very hard to clean. Also i'm constantly having to tighten the straps as they are always coming loose. The insert is slippery and is a material that doesnt wear well. It has already balled up on one side.

SO DISAPPOINTING!!!

THIS CHAIR!!!!!!! So Disappointed. It is so bad to clean. And the tray is so far from my daughter she drops her food and then struggles to retrieve it. I wish I did my research first!! Why have you designed such a dud chair guys? Going to have to buy another!! And we are a one wage family!!

Mama B

Mama BTamworth

Don't get one!

This highchair is badly designed. Perhaps by people who don't have children and haven't done any research. Cleaning it is time consuming and unnecessarily difficult. Why oh why put so many creases and corners in the padding of the seat and in the tray? ! It seems thoughtless and even cruel. New parents trying to do the best job they can and still finding their way in their new role, do not need the stress. Your little one does not need all the padding and nooks and crannies. A simple highchair is more practical and frankly more attractive.

LilC

LilCMelbourne

I hate it!

The worst thing about this is all the nooks and crannies for food to get trapped in, awful to clean. It's overly complicated, I struggle to find the stupid clips that release the trays. Even my patient husband who likes this high chair can't easily raise it up and down so poor bub often sits a foot lower than us at meal times. No idea how to get it to recline.

The tray is too far away. Our baby feeds himself (BLW) and he can't reach the trays. It's going to the op shop today. Wish I'd brought the simple, easy to clean high chair from aldi.
Might be good for a bigger/taller baby and parents who prefer cleaning than hanging out with their baby.
I recommend going simple. Glad we didn't pay full price.

R.mead

R.mead

Good, comfortable, hard to clean!

This high chair is comfortable and convenient in its high/low design. However it is hard to keep clean and having to remove covers to clean it on a regular basis is inconvinent. The only other negative is the wheel locks get stuck when the front wheels swivel forward. As a result the wheels lock and become stuck and can only be moved by hand. Overall I am happy with it but feel it may have been a little expensive for the design flaws.

Jennnnny

JennnnnyBrisbane

Great high chair!

Pix1212

Pix1212Sydney

Takes up to much room.

I purchased the Messina, in May 2015 I don't like it. I should have done more research and actually got something that is more slim and easier to store and also easier to wipe down.
Pros:
Has the two trays
3 reclines-
adjust the height
Cons:
The vinyl plus the extra padding makes my baby sweat and he gets all hot and bothered and becomes uncomfortable.
Takes up a lot of space
Hard to clean.
Before placing my 9 & a half month old in the seat, I adjust the seat to the upright position and it tends to un click and recline whilst he is still sitting in the chair. Not happy about that.

Wouldn't recommend this at all

The screws come off just above wheels. For last 5months we had put screws back at least once every week. Very dangerous for little one. I sent them email about safety issue of screws but didn't get answer just asking me to send them pictures. The seat cover fell apart already after gentle hand wash. Paid good money for this but it is not worth it. I would not recommend this high chair at all.

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Soo P, thanks for your review. Can you please give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can follow this up for you. Kind regards, The Britax Team.

jett

jettasked

Hi I have cat 31339
And need a new insert too- I understand they are not available till October but at that point where do I purchase ?

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi jett, thanks for your question. Please contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330 to place spare parts orders. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Jess F.

Jess F.asked

I have the melody 2 which I’m guessing has been discontinued however I’m desperate for a new cover. Do any fit or am I needing a new high chair

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Jess R. Thanks for your question. Can you please contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330 and advise us which product you are after a part for? I do not believe we had a Melody 2 in our range previously. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Misbah

Misbahasked

Hello,
I called the helpline at start of July 2019 about Steelcraft Messina DLX highchair replacement cover (as it is not available anywhere else), and I was told that covers will come in mid of July and I should call back. I called them back today and help desk lady responded the covers availability in October 2019. My old cover is not usable, what should I do without a cover? Where is the customer support after selling the product? My highchair is just couple of years old and still can't find the replacement parts? I thought the big names like Britax or Steelcraft should not have any problem like this?

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Misbah, thanks for your question. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and there will be extra covers coming into stock in approximately mid October. If you wish to discuss the matter further please contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

WoolWanderer
WoolWanderer

This made me laugh when I read it, as I called them too earlier in the year and they said that the covers wouldn’t be available until June.
Hadn’t bothered phoning them back up as yet.
June, July, October???? What is going on???? Very disappointed to be sold this product without knowing that to get a replacement would be impossible.
The cover has ripped around the part of the seat where the hole is for the strap, near where the child puts their legs. Very uncomfortable for them.
Shocking customer service!

Get an answer from our members and Steelcraft representatives