Bad Choice

I was really excited to use this pram, for my first baby, I love the grey colour, one of the staff suggest steelcraf saavi.
I bought this pram on 10/09/2019.From the moment I got it out of the box I have had issues with this stroller, front wheels are terrible do not pivot well and get stuck sideways a lot which makes it impossible to maneuver, wheels don’t turn properly making it hard to steer. I have used only for couple of hours but I’m done with this pram. The hood wouldn’t stay up and,the back wheels wobble.Very annoying.
Even the lock is not comfortable to open the pram. I’m already in need of a new pram, I don’t feel this pram is safe for my baby and my daughter slide bottom after walking around the shopping centre. I’m embarrassed to use this in public, it just goes in another direction, feel like it gonna hit another person. Hood does not extend to protect babies from the sun. The hood won’t stay up. So disappointed as I fell in love with this pram at baby bunting but since purchasing it I’m regretting.

Purchased in September 2019 at Baby Bunting for $493.00.

Disappointed

Loved this pram when I bought it because it was so practical having the all in one bassinet/stroller seat. I do love the large basket underneath but since actually using the pram I've been really disappointed. The wheels have holes in them just from walking around the block on the footpaths and the pram has only been used for 5 months. There's no way this pram will last the time I need it to. Wish the wheels were more versitle like the city mini prams.

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting for $400.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Kelly, thanks of taking the time to leave your review and some valuable feedback on the Steelcraft Savvi. Please contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330 so we can assist you further. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Terrible!!!

I’ve used this pram a handful of times and it’s already falling apart! The front wheels don’t turn properly making it hard to steer, the zip on the hood broke, the back wheels wobble. My son is only 5 weeks old and I’m already in need of a new pram, I don’t feel this pram is safe nor worth the $419 I spent on it! So disappointed as I fell in love with this pram at baby bunting but since purchasing it I’m regretting it

Purchased in June 2019 at Baby Bunting for $419.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Melissa, Thanks for taking the time to leave your review and feedback. We're sorry to hear of your experience with the Steelcraft Savvi. Please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330 so we can assist you further. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Low quality for a high price.

We have had this pram for 4.5 months and used it maybe once a week so far on pavements and grass.
The rubber is peeling off of the wheels at a crazy rate.
The net under the pram has burst despite only having a changing bag in it.

The netting at the rear of the canopy lets air through but lets light through and dazzles the baby when you have the canopy fully extended. To stop this you can't have it fully extended so baby isnt protected from sun in their face whatever way you have the canopy.

It also makes a strange click when travelling along.

Overall average and not worth the price.

Purchased in March 2019 at Baby Bunting Online store for $799.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Vicky M, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and some feedback on the Steelcraft Savvi stroller. Please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330 so we can assist you further and point you in the right direction. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Steel craft Savvi

Terrible pram , we had to take it back to baby bunting 3 times , ended up getting a credit for a different brand .
The hood wouldn’t stay up and the zip on the hood broke baby only 9 weeks old so had only been used a hand full of times .

Purchased in March 2019.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Kelly, thank you for your review and we're sorry to hear about your experience. If we can assist with anything in future, please feel free to contact out consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Good however strange clicking noise on back wheel

We bought this pram prior to our daughter arriving in December 2018 from baby bunting. The pram has lots of room and the bassinet feature is good. I love the different reclines and my daughter loves sitting up as she is at a curious stage (6mo). It’s not hard to assemble and use esp for first time users. However recently about 2 weeks ago one of the back wheel has been making a strange noise and I am not sure how to fix it. It’s just really disappointing that it started so good and now this wheel clicking sound which is quite loud and irritating.

Purchased in November 2018.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Daisy, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Can you please give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can discuss the noise that you're hearing and point you in the right direction to have this looked at for you. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

All in one & easy to use

Two main reasons that we love Steelcraft Savvi:

1. Easy to assemble and fold.
2. All in one.

Our boy is nearly 5m, about 8kg, and there is still plenty of room in the bassinette. We are not in a hurry to sit him up yet, giving his spine more time to grow stronger, so this bassinette is perfect! It's bigger than average.

When the bassinette is folded into a pram, it's still big and comfortable for our son.

Although the bassinette/seat cannot fold together with the frame, it is so easy to put together or pack away.

As a 4-wheel pram, it might be slightly harder to go around corners, but what's the hurry? The whole frame wobbles a bit. An extra anchor point might help.

Purchased in December 2018 for $399.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Good T, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Best pram I have owned!

Easy to assemble, lightweight and easy to push!
I love this pram, my 12 year old loves to push it also, its lightweight enough for her to help disassemble and put into the boot for me. Love how the attachments for the capsule one with the pram so you don’t have to purchase extra. Bassinet is easy to convert to seat.
Can not recommend enough!

Purchased in October 2018 at Baby Bunting for $499.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Kate, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Not great when the sun is out

Why doesn’t the hood extend to protect babies from the sun I have to buy a new pram as this pram doesn’t protect my baby from the sun as the hood makes baby completely exposed, disappointing

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting for $400.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Amanda, thank you for taking the time to leave you're feedback and a review. I am sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the Steelcraft Savvi stroller canopy design. Please contact us on 1300 303 330 if you wish to discuss your feedback. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Wheels fall off

This pram is hard to steer and the wheels keep falling off. Very unsafe for my grandson 4 months old. Rang Britax and was told it needs to sent for a warranty check hmmm little faith left in this pram even if it was fixed. The resolution here is just do the refund and we will upgrade to a better Steelcraft pram. Not a happy nanna

Purchased in October 2018 for $399.00.

Manoeuvrability
Hi Kylie G, Thank you for you're review and I am sorry to hear of the issues your have been experiencing with your Steelcraft Savvi. Please contact us on 1300 303 330 to discuss further. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Well priced, light, functional!

The SteeleCraft Saavi ticked all the boxes. Light weight, and functional and solid design @ the right price. The ability to seperate into 2 pieces makes it easy to put in the car.

The pram can be converted from a lay flat bassinet to a seat in seconds. The bassinet “mode” has a waterproof liner you can insert to protect from any potential stains!

The seat or bassinet can face forward or backward, can tilt forward or back and is also compatible with car Steelecraft baby capsules with 2 included brackets - A function we have not personally used.

I’m not sure what else you would want in a pram other then the ability to expand for more children.

The process of pulling the tabs to fold the pram can be slightly awkward at first until you get used to it. There is also plenty of storage under the seat and the pram comes with extras such as a rain cover should you need it.

All in all, a simple effective product that does its job well at the right price. Comes in at the lower end weight category, solid design to last the years, and has all the functions you could need from new born to toddler.

Have recommended to many others and they all come to the same conclusion when looking for new prams.

Recommend!

Purchased in July 2018 at Baby Bunting Online store for $399.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Honest Reviews, thanks so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful comprehensive review for the Savvi stroller. If we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330, kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

So easy to use and fits my big baby!

My boy is going to be a big boy - his father is tall and all of the men in my family are over 6ft. A lot of prams I looked at had height and weight restrictions meaning I would have to invest in a new one sooner than I'd like. This pram has the height and should last me until he's about 3.

I love how easy it is to use - collapse and put up - and I love that the handle has different levels. I am tall so I click it up whereas my mum is short so she clicks it down - works for both of us.

It is also a bassinet - which has been so handy when bubs needs a nap / night outings .

Also so much storage room underneath. I'm in love with this pram. Worth the money for sure.

I wish it folded smaller - but really - for everything that I get with using it, it folds flat; so I can stack on top of it, not too bad.

Purchased in September 2018 at Baby Bunting Online store for $429.00.

Suitable for RunningYes
Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Taryn, thank you for taking the time to leave a terrific review. If you need any assistance in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Love it

Such a good affordable pram, came with a capsule aswell and very adjustable and easy to work with, the pram feels a little cheap but not back for the price and adjustments it comes with.

Purchased in February 2019 at Baby Bunting for $600.00.

Suitable for RunningYes
Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Jacob, thank you for taking the time to leave a wonderful review. Please contact us if you have any questions on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

You can do better for that price

I’ll give it credit, it’s handy to go from bassinet to seat and back again with just a few clicks. Basket underneath is enormous, but hard to access at times. Folds alright but takes up a decent chunk of trunk space. But manufacturing is bloody awful. Wheels are wobbly, seat feels loose and the zippers on the hood broke in just a few months meaning it’s useless outdoors. Who puts a hood that zips on, and uses such poor quality zips. You cannot use the hood at all. And of course despite it being released to the market less than a year ago (so obviously in warranty) because it was a gift (so receipt is not in my name) Steelcraft have washed their hands of this issue. It seems to be a common issue, many parent pages show that the zips are faulty but they don’t care. Don’t waste your money

Purchased in June 2018 at Baby Bunting.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Dee85, Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, please feel free to contact our consumer care team on 1300 303 330 so we can discuss this with you in further detail. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

This pram is fantastic it’s so easy an light to push I can do it with one hand while I hold my daugh

I’m pretty satisfied with it on most terrains but it dose get a little bumpy on some surfaces like on rocky roads
I’m an satisfied with the suspension.
I think my daughter is pretty comfortable in there as she likes me to push her around to go to sleep.
The only problem I have with it is when I have it like the bassinet my daughter slides up and down in it if I’m walking up or down a hill

Hi Ezra, Thank you for your review and valuable feedback regarding the Steelcraft Savvi stroller. Please contact our customer service team on 1300 303 330 to discuss any further questions you have reading your stroller. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Strider plus dual plus

Great product. I have dual strider plus pram. Good quality material. Easy to use. Easily adjustable with the baby position. Love this product. Worth to buy it.price is good with the product. Good for kids and mum. Have otherbseat for older one. You can put or take off other seat as 0er requirements.

Hi Safa, Thanks for taking the time to leave a great review and valuable feedback about the Steelcraft Strider Plus. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Not happy

I have read so many positive reviews about this pram - before and after purchase.With each good review I read I thought it must be me.. maybe I’m just expecting too much as I was not happy about it at all. But now I have found reviews with the same issues I have come across with this pram. The steering is absolutely horrendous. The suspension is a nightmare and has my baby shaking all over the place. The hood won’t stay up. I’m embarrassed to use this in public but can’t afford a new one right now. Such a shame as I was so excited about this pram!

Hi Dee M, Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, please feel free to contact our consumer care team on 1300 303 330 so we can point you in the right direction. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Great at first then issues.

Out of the box it looked great. Loved the price point and seemed to be exactly what we wanted. That was until bub was born. After using it for 3 weeks we had the following issues:
1) brake sticks and is nearly impossible to disengage particularly if you are wearing sandals or flipflops.
2) front wheels are terrible - they get stuck sideways which makes it impossible to maneuver.
3) bassinet piece tilts - my son slides to the bottom after walking around in IKEA (he is 2 months old).
4) zipper on shade had to be replaced.

We took it back to Baby Bunting and they sent it to repair shop. Took over a month to get back which was a huge inconvenience. NONE of these issues (besides the zipper) was fixed. The report we got back said the wheels and brake were lubricated. This didn't help at all (why did this take a month to do?!). And the report said the frame was checked and all normal- so I guess that means the tilt is normal and baby is meant to slide? However there is a strap in the bassinet and if he has it on he slides so much it ends up cutting in to his arm pits.

We've now been back and forth with both Baby Bunting and Britax - no one wants to do anything. Britax wants me to take a video of him sliding - yea OK. Waiting to hear from Baby Bunting manager.

I just want a stroller that works!

Would NOT purchase again.

Hi Katie, Thank for your review. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the Steelcraft Savvi. We believe that the manager from baby bunting has provided a resolution for you in regards to the above. If this isn't the case please give us on 1300 303 330 so we can follow this up as quickly as possible for you. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Extremely flimsy and hard to manoeuvre!

I read as many reviews as I could before purchasing this stroller and all seemed positive..HA!
From the moment I got it out of the box I have had issues with this stroller. The frame seems uneven and one front wheel doesn’t even touch the ground properly. After using it 6-7 times in a shopping centre and on a smooth footpath the back wheel seemed buckled and the front wheels do not pivot well and get stuck sideways a lot! I have to bend down and manually turn the wheel.
One day I got it out of the boot and one of the back wheels had a big dint in it! Took it back to Baby Bunting who sent it away..a few weeks later they got it back with a different back wheel but Britax tried to blame me by saying it looked like damage from an escalator!!! NOT TRUE! It’s just a flimsy excuse for a stroller. The front wheels were sent off to be fixed too... few weeks later, still do not pivot or touch the ground and it is being sent away again! I would just like a refund to buy something better. My son is 4 months old now and has sat in it 6-7 times only!!
The sun visor does not extend far enough to be useful, the seat wobbles around and the handle gets dented from resting on the brake when folded up. The brake sticks on too.
I will say the under basket is very big and good for putting shopping in, but that is the only positive unfortunately.

Hi Jen, thanks for taking the time to leave a review and we're sorry to hear about your experience. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Sticky wheel make it impossible to turn

At first this pram was perfect - it after a couple of uses the front wheel sticks and you can’t turn the pram without lifting it. I have only been using the pram for about 8 weeks and only in shopping centres. The only way to get the wheel to turn is to tap it. It’s also very difficult to open and one of the two leavers would also stick. Rang Steelcraft and was told to return to Baby Bunting where it was purchased. Will have to wait 3 weeks for the pram to be looked at. At least I have a loaner pram in the meantime, however I can’t use my capsule with it.

Hi Perkinj, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can follow up as to why this will take 3 weeks to be looked at. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Hi there, I have recently bought the steel craft savvi, i am not able to attach the toddler skate board. Is there anyway u can help or suggest how to attach the skate board Thanks

The pram connectors on the bassinet part are not facing the same way, so won't connect to pram base. One of the connectors has moved somehow. Is there anyway of clicking it back in correct position?
Hi Kirsten, Thanks for your question. Please contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330 so we can assist you further or alternatively, please email us on au-support@britax.com along with some photos of the connectors. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Hi I am looking at upgrading my pram. Is there much difference between the Elite range and the Savvy? I have a 15 month old and is last child.
Hi ChanelL, thanks for your question. The Agile Elite range is lightweight, quick fold, travel system stroller is designed for active families to make life on-the-go hassle free. Full recline backrest for newborn or sleeping toddler. Multi-height adjustable handle allows you to pivot to suit your height and comfort. Padded head pillow for extra comfort and support. Auto frame lock and frame carry handle for fuss free transport. Includes a full rain cover to shelter your baby away from the cold wet weather. The Savvi stroller has a light weight aluminium frame - 5.8kg (9kg including the seat). The seat transforms easily into a lay-flat Bassinet. It also Travel System Compatible with Britax Unity™ Baby Capsule 2013 series. Fast action folding system that is free standing when folded. Suitable for a child from Birth to 20kgs. It has a multiple position backrest. Comes Fully Loaded with Accessories! Includes Co-ordinated Boot Cover, Harness Pads, Rain cover, just to name a few. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Category4-Wheel Prams & Strollers
Seating Type Single
Suitable Age0+ months
Max User Weight 20 kg
Seat OrientationReversible
Bassinet Compatible Yes (Included)
Capsule CompatibleYes