Steelcraft Savvi

Steelcraft Savvi

Well priced, light, functional!

The SteeleCraft Saavi ticked all the boxes. Light weight, and functional and solid design @ the right price. The ability to seperate into 2 pieces makes it easy to put in the car.

The pram can be converted from a lay flat bassinet to a seat in seconds. The bassinet “mode” has a waterproof liner you can insert to protect from any potential stains!

The seat or bassinet can face forward or backward, can tilt forward or back and is also compatible with car Steelecraft baby capsules with 2 included brackets - A function we have not personally used.

I’m not sure what else you would want in a pram other then the ability to expand for more children.

The process of pulling the tabs to fold the pram can be slightly awkward at first until you get used to it. There is also plenty of storage under the seat and the pram comes with extras such as a rain cover should you need it.

All in all, a simple effective product that does its job well at the right price. Comes in at the lower end weight category, solid design to last the years, and has all the functions you could need from new born to toddler.

Have recommended to many others and they all come to the same conclusion when looking for new prams.

Recommend!

Purchased in July 2018 at Baby Bunting Online store for $399.00.

Suitable for RunningNo
Ease of Packing & Storage

So easy to use and fits my big baby!

My boy is going to be a big boy - his father is tall and all of the men in my family are over 6ft. A lot of prams I looked at had height and weight restrictions meaning I would have to invest in a new one sooner than I'd like. This pram has the height and should last me until he's about 3.

I love how easy it is to use - collapse and put up - and I love that the handle has different levels. I am tall so I click it up whereas my mum is short so she clicks it down - works for both of us.

It is also a bassinet - which has been so handy when bubs needs a nap / night outings .

Also so much storage room underneath. I'm in love with this pram. Worth the money for sure.

I wish it folded smaller - but really - for everything that I get with using it, it folds flat; so I can stack on top of it, not too bad.

Purchased in September 2018 at Baby Bunting Online store for $429.00.

Suitable for RunningYes
Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Taryn, thank you for taking the time to leave a terrific review. If you need any assistance in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Love it

Such a good affordable pram, came with a capsule aswell and very adjustable and easy to work with, the pram feels a little cheap but not back for the price and adjustments it comes with.

Purchased in February 2019 at Baby Bunting for $600.00.

Suitable for RunningYes
Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Jacob, thank you for taking the time to leave a wonderful review. Please contact us if you have any questions on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

You can do better for that price

I’ll give it credit, it’s handy to go from bassinet to seat and back again with just a few clicks. Basket underneath is enormous, but hard to access at times. Folds alright but takes up a decent chunk of trunk space. But manufacturing is bloody awful. Wheels are wobbly, seat feels loose and the zippers on the hood broke in just a few months meaning it’s useless outdoors. Who puts a hood that zips on, and uses such poor quality zips. You cannot use the hood at all. And of course despite it being released to the market less than a year ago (so obviously in warranty) because it was a gift (so receipt is not in my name) Steelcraft have washed their hands of this issue. It seems to be a common issue, many parent pages show that the zips are faulty but they don’t care. Don’t waste your money

Purchased in June 2018 at Baby Bunting.

Suitable for RunningNo
Ease of Packing & Storage

This pram is fantastic it’s so easy an light to push I can do it with one hand while I hold my daugh

I’m pretty satisfied with it on most terrains but it dose get a little bumpy on some surfaces like on rocky roads
I’m an satisfied with the suspension.
I think my daughter is pretty comfortable in there as she likes me to push her around to go to sleep.
The only problem I have with it is when I have it like the bassinet my daughter slides up and down in it if I’m walking up or down a hill

Hi Ezra, Thank you for your review and valuable feedback regarding the Steelcraft Savvi stroller. Please contact our customer service team on 1300 303 330 to discuss any further questions you have reading your stroller. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Strider plus dual plus

Great product. I have dual strider plus pram. Good quality material. Easy to use. Easily adjustable with the baby position. Love this product. Worth to buy it.price is good with the product. Good for kids and mum. Have otherbseat for older one. You can put or take off other seat as 0er requirements.

Hi Safa, Thanks for taking the time to leave a great review and valuable feedback about the Steelcraft Strider Plus. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Not happy

I have read so many positive reviews about this pram - before and after purchase.With each good review I read I thought it must be me.. maybe I’m just expecting too much as I was not happy about it at all. But now I have found reviews with the same issues I have come across with this pram. The steering is absolutely horrendous. The suspension is a nightmare and has my baby shaking all over the place. The hood won’t stay up. I’m embarrassed to use this in public but can’t afford a new one right now. Such a shame as I was so excited about this pram!

Hi Dee M, Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, please feel free to contact our consumer care team on 1300 303 330 so we can point you in the right direction. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Great at first then issues.

Out of the box it looked great. Loved the price point and seemed to be exactly what we wanted. That was until bub was born. After using it for 3 weeks we had the following issues:
1) brake sticks and is nearly impossible to disengage particularly if you are wearing sandals or flipflops.
2) front wheels are terrible - they get stuck sideways which makes it impossible to maneuver.
3) bassinet piece tilts - my son slides to the bottom after walking around in IKEA (he is 2 months old).
4) zipper on shade had to be replaced.

We took it back to Baby Bunting and they sent it to repair shop. Took over a month to get back which was a huge inconvenience. NONE of these issues (besides the zipper) was fixed. The report we got back said the wheels and brake were lubricated. This didn't help at all (why did this take a month to do?!). And the report said the frame was checked and all normal- so I guess that means the tilt is normal and baby is meant to slide? However there is a strap in the bassinet and if he has it on he slides so much it ends up cutting in to his arm pits.

We've now been back and forth with both Baby Bunting and Britax - no one wants to do anything. Britax wants me to take a video of him sliding - yea OK. Waiting to hear from Baby Bunting manager.

I just want a stroller that works!

Would NOT purchase again.

Hi Katie, Thank for your review. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the Steelcraft Savvi. We believe that the manager from baby bunting has provided a resolution for you in regards to the above. If this isn't the case please give us on 1300 303 330 so we can follow this up as quickly as possible for you. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Extremely flimsy and hard to manoeuvre!

I read as many reviews as I could before purchasing this stroller and all seemed positive..HA!
From the moment I got it out of the box I have had issues with this stroller. The frame seems uneven and one front wheel doesn’t even touch the ground properly. After using it 6-7 times in a shopping centre and on a smooth footpath the back wheel seemed buckled and the front wheels do not pivot well and get stuck sideways a lot! I have to bend down and manually turn the wheel.
One day I got it out of the boot and one of the back wheels had a big dint in it! Took it back to Baby Bunting who sent it away..a few weeks later they got it back with a different back wheel but Britax tried to blame me by saying it looked like damage from an escalator!!! NOT TRUE! It’s just a flimsy excuse for a stroller. The front wheels were sent off to be fixed too... few weeks later, still do not pivot or touch the ground and it is being sent away again! I would just like a refund to buy something better. My son is 4 months old now and has sat in it 6-7 times only!!
The sun visor does not extend far enough to be useful, the seat wobbles around and the handle gets dented from resting on the brake when folded up. The brake sticks on too.
I will say the under basket is very big and good for putting shopping in, but that is the only positive unfortunately.

Hi Jen, thanks for taking the time to leave a review and we're sorry to hear about your experience. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Sticky wheel make it impossible to turn

At first this pram was perfect - it after a couple of uses the front wheel sticks and you can’t turn the pram without lifting it. I have only been using the pram for about 8 weeks and only in shopping centres. The only way to get the wheel to turn is to tap it. It’s also very difficult to open and one of the two leavers would also stick. Rang Steelcraft and was told to return to Baby Bunting where it was purchased. Will have to wait 3 weeks for the pram to be looked at. At least I have a loaner pram in the meantime, however I can’t use my capsule with it.

Hi Perkinj, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can follow up as to why this will take 3 weeks to be looked at. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Disappointed

I purchased this for my second child and I was really excited to use it, the price is great, I love the grey colour, it’s light weight and the bassinet/seat option really appealed to me. However after using the pram a maximum of 4 times in a shopping centre I have had to return it to the manufacturer. The front wheels would lock up and I was having to drag the pram to turn it. Very annoying.
I returned the pram to Baby Bunting where I purchased and was told 2-3 weeks until I would get it back, it’s now been 3 weeks without a pram (making it impossible to get out on my own with a newborn and toddler!!). I have had no contact/update at all from Baby Bunting or the manufacturer.
I need a refund so I can purchase a pram that won’t break after light use.

Hi Stephanie, thanks for your review and we are sorry to hear that you're disappointed with the Savvi stroller. Can you please give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can follow up the whereabouts of your pram with any refer no: that you have, as this is a long period for the stroller to be away. Thanks in advance, kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Amazing

Absolutely love my Savvi great price might be nice if there were a few more colour choices. Wish i could buy a snack tray for it when my daughter is older, but was told there isn't one

Hi Shaz, thanks for taking the time to leave a terrific and valuable feedback! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Easy to use

We recently purchased this item. It appears to be good value for money, versatile and is easy to use. Lightweight, easy to carry and collapsible allowing easy transport - all features I was looking for. We like the various configurations. Storage is adequate for what I need (although not as much storage compared to some prams).

Hi LeahJ. thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Light weight, nice design but not for me

My baby is 12 weeks old and I had to return the pram because it started having so many issues that I don't think it would last me the time until my son walks without a pram. Purchased in Baby Buntings and now waiting to see if I will get my money back at all, they sent it off for assessment to the Taren Point repair centre.
Reading the previous reviews, I agree with Nashmin, It’s a light stroller and can be carried easily.
I choose this one as I have a lower back injury and can't lift much and this pram was the most reasonably priced amongst the light ones.The design is nice, fashionable colours, easy to fold and it fits in the back of my Toyota Yaris. The bassinet converts into a seat which is great, all in one. Big basket underneath for your parcels and adjustable handle bar are great features.
On the downside, it’s hard to maneuver - I think due to the front wheel, it’s not sturdy and I don’t recommend it for bumby areas.
I live in Hillsdale and the pavement here is not the best and I been struggling with this pram on the foot path.
The front wheel gets stuck quite often and it's hard to turn the pram because of this. I nearly had an accident because of this issue and that was when I decided to change the pram.
The break often gets stuck and you need to use the top of your shoe to undo it.
The canopy was popping back at every bigger bump until I folded the sun visor under, now it stays in position but the sun get in the pram a bit more. The back wheels are somehow buckled already.
As I went back to baby bunting to return the pram and I was told that this is a pram that should be used in shopping centres and concrete, well this is where I was using it but I think it's more just for shopping centres with mirror smooth floors and light use.
I'm sure it works well for many as per the reviews here, but unfortunately not for me.

Hi Diana, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear that you've had a few issues with your Savvi stroller and hope that our authorised repair specialist will be able to rectify these for you. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

What a jewel of a stroller!!

I'm so excited about this stroller! I was surprised that it was a lot sturdier than I expected after reading some unfavorable reviews. It is very well made for an "umbrella" stroller. It's obviously not as sturdy as a travel system stroller, but it is an umbrella stroller so you shouldn't even be comparing the two. I purchased this to have something smaller and easy to take with us to the library, children's museum, and mall. I am keeping our big jogging stroller so this one will be used for light use. The bonus is how small it folds up. I hear horror stories of people's strollers getting damaged on the airplane even when they gate check. No worries with this one since it fits in the overhead bins or under the seat. Also no waiting at the gate for it. We can just get off the plane and go to our next gate. Love that it fits a child up to 55 pounds so we will get lots of use out of it. Folding and unfolding is definitely a learning curve but the more you do it, the more you get used to it and it becomes pretty easy. Remember to lock the front wheels before folding (no they are not fixed as one reviewer stated) and you will have no problems folding it up. The storage basket is pretty small, but I can fit my daughter's small pottery barn backpack (pre-k size) in it with no problems. There is no recline option on this stroller but it seems to be at a decent enough angle so she can comfortably nap in it. My 17 month old happily goes into the stroller. She seems pretty comfortable in it. As you can see from the pictures she has lots of room to grow with it. I am short (5'1") so it is a comfortable size for me to push it. It's actually taller than I was expecting so someone much taller than I would have no problems pushing it. I do kick the wheels occasionally if I walk too close behind it, but it's probably because I'm small and have shorter arms than the average size person.

Hi Dylan, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

It's a great budget stroller with all the convenience of a high end one

Love:
Baby can lie back, converts to a proper bassinet, without the need for a separate attachment (this was the main reason I bought it)
Multiple configurations - this is awesome.
Light, easily folds, stylish and has a large easily accessible shopping basket (both when front and rear facing)
Comes with rain cover, boot cover and adapters for the unity capsule

Can improve:
-The canopy seems a bit flimsy and there is no option to have the cloth over the sun visor and still having the sun out of baby's eyes (unsure why there is such a large sun visor when there is a peekaboo window anyway).
This is an issue in bassinet mode mainly so may not bother me in the future. If I have the sun visor zipped up, the canopy doesn't open up far enough... So catch 22.
-The folded size (frame only) advertised doesn't include the handle that pops up when folded, so the first time we put it in the boot of our small car it did not quite fit. I had a Valco Baby and the dimensions were advertised as the same. Anyway a little wiggle here and there and it was fine.
- Wheels already indented... but foam one so understandable...

Overall, meets all our needs and quite happy with it!

Hi Som, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Not happy, don’t recommend it

It’s a light stroller and can be carried easily. Its basket is large. There are the only bright sides of it.
Otherwise, It’s hard to maneuver, it’s not sturdy and I don’t recommend it for bumby areas.
Its brake got stuck after few rides and its canopy zip was torn suddenly.
Not happy.

Hi Nashmin, thanks for your review and we're sorry to hear that you're not happy with your Savvi stroller. We would like to arrange for your stroller to be assessed by one of our authorised repair centres so we can see what's happening with your brakes and canopy. If you could kindly return your stroller along with your purchase receipt to your place of purchase they can arrange for it to be returned to us for inspection or alternatively you can book an appointment directly with one of our fully authorised repair specialists, please see their details below: VIC, Essendon North, 3041, 03 9379 5292, SA, Seaford, 5169, 0407 600 500, QLD, Stafford, 4053, 07 3356 6089, WA, Osborne Park, 6017, 08 9444 7261, NSW, Taren Point, 2229, 1300 308 435 If you would like to go direct please give our team a call on 1300 303 330 so we can provide you with a reference number. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

It looks great!

This baby carriage, whenever I'm on the lawn, or on the way to the supermarket, I use it, and it gives me satisfaction, no other discomfort, it feels really good, and the baby is very happy on it.If you have a baby in your home, you can buy it safely. It's very convenient to carry and it's very easy to accept.

Hi Bernie, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Baby's favorite

The baby's ability to adapt to different roads is particularly powerful. The comfort of the baby's stroller is known by the way it looks and enjoys. And it doesn't take much effort to push it. My overall feeling about the stroller is great and worth having for every baby!It is very light, and very strong, very reliable.

Hi Aldrich, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Fantastic allrounder pram at an attractive price point!

Close to perfect. Here is why:
Pros:
- lightweight (under 10kg with seat on)
- seat converts to bassinet so no need for extra pieces. AMAZING feature! Seat also lays flat
- able to attach capsule
- 12kg basket (one of the bigger storage baskets on the market)
- good access to basket even with seat on
- peep window and air vents on hood
- love the matte black aluminium frame and leatherette bar and handle
- the material and colour of the hood looks nice
- very easy to push
- good build quality
- fairly compact fold
Cons:
- really don't like prams with a braking system that requires using the top of my shoes or toes to unlock. Ouch! I feel if they changed to a push down or button release it would make this pram a 5/5 easily.
- to unlock and unfold it's a bit fiddly and requires fully squatting / bending down to release and flick open (however lucky the frame isn't too heavy)

Hi Ctyy, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review and valuable feedback! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.