Stihl FS 45 / FS 45R / FS 45 C-E

• Occasionally (3)
    • Daily (1)
  • Grass Type
    • Short grass (8)
    • Thick, heavy grass or weeds (2)
    • Tall grass (2)
  • Safety

Crap, crap, crap..

State facts...lol you still won't believe me when I tell you the product U sold me had played up from the the day I bought it brand new. Cause I'm aboriginal (white Aussies think some of us are dumb ) people claimed it needed to run in the rings cause it was brand new....well 4 to 5 years later, it stihl plays up. To me it seems it's not getting fuel properly cause when I pump the fuel plunger it revs back up. So yeah...I thought stihl was a good brand but it's just another crap product I've....again wasted money on. So I'll be trying Honda next, I'm too scared to buy and waste money on stihl again. Crap crap crap. Don't waste your money

Grass Type Tall grass

Ana P.Sydney, NSW

Could be perfect

Takes s 3 to 4 strokes to start off but once it starts its great till you need to change the line. It doesnt self feed alwais and you have to take the whole thing out to feed manually.

Purchased in July 2015 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Michael

MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't give it away

Runs well. Starts with 3 or 4 pulls. However the line feed is the biggest piece of junk anyone has put on this earth. It will NOT self feed and you have to pull head apart every time. It went back to,dealer and he can't figure it out either. Don't waist your money buy another brand. If I could I would give a negitve rating of -5.

Purchased in October 2019 at Gympie for $230.00.

Peter TNortheast, VIC

you need machines that work

bought an FS45 for semi commercial use after the 09 fires.It has never said no until today.I have run it on 25:1 for 10 years but the primer button developed a hole. Still runs at half power so its off for its first visit to the repair shop. 10 year old Stihl chainsaw and 6 year old blade Stihl brush cutter still going as new

Purchased in April 2009.

Sthil trying to start

Its a little short
Lound
Have had to take to the shop 3 times in 2 year
Would not start fixed under warranty
Cord snaped payed for
Carbie went out of blue runing fine then would not start 120 buck
Sthil have a good name buy a honda 4 stroke disapointed in sthil carbie are poor

Purchased in April 2018 for $179.00.

Love to fish

Love to fishGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Reliable

I have had my FS45 easy start for about 13 years and its never given me any problems. Its mainly used around the house every week and it starts fine all the time same as my shrill blower. Would definitely by another one

Purchased in June 2006 at Sthill shop Thomastown .

c. ranky

c. rankyIllawarra, NSW

Stihl junk

Purchased in May 2019 for $229.00.

Ray40

Ray40Hobart, TAS

Battery powered trimmer is perfect for my needs

Purchased in August 2019 at Stihl Dealer for $179.00.

Ed Douglass

Ed DouglassIllawarra, NSW

Follow the suppliers directions

Have had Stihls since 1977..Firstly a brush cutter which my daughter still uses ..Two chainsaws..still going..Ten years ago I purchased an FS 45 C..For home use...Following the suppliers advice as to how to start it ...pull..prime.. .choke .and off it goes ..Has never missed a beat in all this time ..Just a new spark plug every year...if in doubt read the book . Ed Douglass

Purchased in February 1999 at Wrights Chainsaws Nowra.

Grass Type Tall grass

Absolute piece of junk

Only had this for under 6 months, started well the first couple times, now you break a sweat trying to get it started...10 minutes later your heading for the fridge to crack the top of one. Goes through a ton of line an you gotta give it the berries to get through minimal grass.. Never again will I buy a stihl product.

Purchased in September 2018.

Richard Neville

Richard NevillePerth, WA

Disappointed

This whipper snipper is high revving and is very temperamental to start. It was purchased to replace my previous Stihl wipper snipper which I had had for many years but this one doesn't stack up to it's predecessor. It is used for my residential front and back garden and just meets my needs. I would hate to be using it in a large area.

Purchased in November 2017 at Beechboro Mowers for $279.00.

Sakurashinmachi

SakurashinmachiMelbourne

Not the best

Purchased in June 2007.

Grass Type Thick, heavy grass or weeds

Gave me a heart attack trying to start it

Had near heart attack twice trying to start it, vomited, cold sweat and palpitation. I found out later that its the purity of oil used that affects how easy or difficult it is to start it. I bought their Motomix and it started easily enough. This is a powerful cutter but heavy after using it for 10 minutes. It's also very loud and it eats the line very quickly.

Date PurchasedJul 2011

MPM

MPMMelbourne

Descent machine for the price

Easy to start and runs consistently
Quick and easy to refill the head with line
I would recommend watching the you tube instructional for this
Used for small and medium sized jobs with no issues at all after more than 2 years of regular use on 5 properties ranging in size from a regular residential block and up to a half acre

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Won't start

I just had this trimmer repaired again. The diaphram was replaced after being properly stored for 6 months. I used it over three days for a toral of about 3hours and now it won't start again. I have already had it repaired three times in the last 3years and now have replaced it with an Echo RMS 225. I Will not buy another Stihl product. Have Husky chain saws that always start and run beautifully!

Date PurchasedApr 2014
Jimbo

JimboPerth, WA

Good but light duty

This trimmer starts every time and is not used often. It is perfect for a suburban lawn eg trimming horizontally around the corners the mower can't reach. It is too light duty for taking to the farm and cutting grass around the shed. It is also too light for trimming around the lawn edges in a vertical fashion. I use an edger from Mowmaster for that.

Date PurchasedJan 2012

Rock soild

Date PurchasedMar 2012

The new model over heats and burns your arm

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Absolute piece of rubbish.

From the day I bought it there was problems. Would definitely stay away from this product,Constant starting problems and goes through line like its going out of fashion. Had to buy a cheap Bunnings one and is 10x better. Unfortunately gives Stihl a bad name. ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Batman

BatmanMasterton

The thing it does best is gather dust in the shed...

The Stihl is hard to start, and goes through cord like you would not believe. I got that annoyed that I bought a cheap Chinese line trimmer (Flash) yes it is called Flash. It was half the price, starts easily, runs smoothly, and I use it commercially. I will never buy another Stihl.....I bought the Stihl about March 2017 and it has done about 5 hours work. I bought the a Flash about the end of March 2017 and it would do about 8 hours per week and the only item I have replaced is the shoulder harness. it starts 2nd pull every time. Anyone want a cheap Stihl?...

Date PurchasedMar 2017