2Stihl MS 250

4.1

J. E.
J. E.

Boat Anchor

Have owned several Stihls over many years and they were great! This MS 250 is by far the worst saw of any that I have ever owned. I would use for a boat anchor but it would probably offend the fish! Show details
Andrew M.
Andrew M.

Worst Stihl tool I've ever had

From new this has been difficult to restart when warm. We always take our 20 year old Husqvarna as a backup in case it's impossible. The trick to restarting is to put it on half choke and pull about 20 times. Never full choke while warm.
When I took it back to the dealership where I bought it they claimed it was not even on the database. Started it from cold, said I needed to come in and demonstrate the problem.
I think the saw is a dud model and has been dumped on the New Zealand market.
I've used it on firewood cutting pine wood, goes ok. But it's actually too small for the big logs and too large for garden trimming.
I got it on a special. Show details
Al G
Al G

This saw known to flood

Many say ms250 is unable to live up to the brand. Saw is known to not burp on choke giving way to flooding and an unhappy civilian Show details
Ohia Kanaina
Ohia Kanaina

Had mine for six years now never had a problem only Preventive maintenance care was taken

I smoke meat so I use my chainsaw two times a month for at least two hours per session when it is cold I will choke it it will burp put it on run it’ll start right up when it’s warm it’ll start right up no choke needed every single time. maintenance is the most important thing when it comes to long life including your cars your motorcycles your body Show details
juniversal
juniversal

Piece of junk

Impossible to start even following their Byzantine start process different from all other makes, have owned dozens of 2 cycle engines of makes other that Stihl, all worked fine. Poorly engineered. Stay away from Stihl, will stay with Echo or anything other than Stihl. Only the insane would want to tear their arm off trying to start the thing.
Gina Moore
Gina Moore

Worst chainsaw ever...will not disburse oil to chain

I bought the STIHL Chainsaw 250 for my husband in October. It stays in the shop.

It will not oil the bar and chain. They have yet to fix the problem. They tell me its running properly every time I pick it up only for me to find it doing the exact same thing over and over.

I am so tired of carrying this POS back to the Ace Hardware store that I could literally scream!!!!!!!!! DO NOT PURCHASE THIS SAW!!!!!!!!! I will never purchase another STIHL anything!!!!! Their customer service is worthless!!!!

User's recommendation: DO NOT PURCHASE THE STIHL 250 CHAINSAW!!!! Show details

Dallas Weston
Dallas Weston

the most awful chainsaw I have ever owned

I purchased the Stihl ms-250 in September at Heretick's in Hopewell. The very first time i pulled on the cord it ripped from my fingers and the handle wacked my hand that was holding the saw. I tried to pull the cord slowly until I felt the compression resistance to reduce the chance of a repeat of the previous pull, it didn't help. This is the most awful saw to try to start I have ever owned. I have only been able to use it three times since September more times than not I gave up with sore fingers and did not get it started. I have contacted both Heretick's and Stihl about the problem and received no help with the problem. Show details
Anderson2 posts

Worse than made in China or Tiwain

I've bought numerous Stihl products (6 chainsaws) (2 blowers) and (4 weedeaters) and the MS 250 saw was the smallest I've purchased, This saw has not been ran enough to be broke in Much less have a galded piston!!!!! Cutting and it starts to lose power so I stopped cutting and tried to keep it running, no load in case it wasn't getting enough air-cooling, it went on down and failed to recrank. I disassembled and found the piston badly scared down the side and it's just toast!!!!
TERRIBLE Product for the money!!!!!
Anderson

Purchased 9/2018, Mostly use my Stihl 440 Magnum and Homelite saws and this one destroyed piston and cylinder with minimum use!!!!!

Rick F.

Tiger

Joe M.
Joe M.

Worst saw ever

As others have stated this is terrible to start. Floods incredibly easy. Then runs like crap when it’s going. Plastic chain catcher built in to cover is laughable. Broke the spark plug wire after ten hours of use. This is my third stihl saw, it will be my last. Complete and utter garbage. Expected more from this. Stay away. Show details
Mick
Mick

Aggravating!!!!

The chances of it getting it started is like hitting big in lottery, it sounds week and restricted it cuts slow on big logs and small you will notice that the stihl ms250's will stay looking new for several years (buyers of used stihl ms250's beware) the stihl company's reputation took a big negative hit on this one, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Show details

tazz
tazz

MS 250 lemon?

Nothing but problems. Most of the times it will not start. Have had new carburetor only to have that fail too eventually. Very disappointed and frustrating since I cut about 5 cords a year for fire wood. Yuk Is this model a lemon? Who else is having this problem? Even when it runs it's erratic

Show details