How to land the best robot vacuum

Not many people love spending their well-earned weekends and precious after-work hours lugging around a vacuum cleaner. A reliable robot vacuum can free up time to spend with loved ones or enjoy your favourite hobbies. In this 2020 guide, we help you understand which features to look for in a robot vacuum cleaner, and how to find a compatible match with your home and lifestyle.

Read now

3.7

Saurabh T.

Saurabh T.Darwin, NT

Loving it

Very helpful and useful vaccum. Easy, convenient and battery backup is good. While cleaning the it's easy also but we have to clean every time when we re use it. All together it's useful and easy using vaccum.

Purchased in January 2019 at eBay for A$499.00.

Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Tiles

Madonna

MadonnaSouth East Queensland, QLD

stopped working - Aldi wont honour implied warranty

Purchased Nov 2017, worked fine until April 2018 when it would not hold charge, took some time to get it reapired under warranty. Same issue again now - Aldi wont honour the implied warranty - vaccuum cleaner should last more than 2.5 years.
Words in an email from Aldi where they refused to help - "We aim to produce products to the highest industry standards. All ALDI products and suppliers are tested regularly, so you can be confident in the products you buy from us" When Aldi I am not confident in your product!
About to try & get some help from Choice.

Purchased in November 2017 at ALDI for A$179.00.

Product is used Daily
Floor Type Linoleum and Wood
Burkster

BurksterSydney, NSW

Outstanding campaigner

We purchased 2 1 week apart from each other. They have worked hard on our timber and slate flooring. After so long - 4 years or so, we are still flogging the poor things to death and they are still performing well. Battery's are still strong.

Purchased in March 2016 at ALDI for A$171.00.

Product is used Weekly
Floor Type Tiles and Wood

Sofia

SofiaSydney, NSW

Not very easy to clean

I bought this product based on the review, but was not satisfied with it. The main obstacle is how to clean it. Not very user friendly and difficult to open for cleaning. Battery went flat after just few uses. Currently I don't use it and it is sitting in my cardboard.

Purchased in May 2018 at ALDI for A$300.00.

Product is used Monthly
Pet OwnerNo

would never buy again

wooden and tile flooring.
didn't get much of a work out but had problems with it after 6 months.
sent it off for repairs which was time consuming.
worked fine again when I got it back but just after the 1 year warranty was up it started to have problems again. I have cleaned all the sensors properly but still says please check ground sensors and beeps.
Would not buy again from Aldi

Great

I loved my vacuum until it wont work, coming up to 12 months and emailed Stirling and they said I have the wrong department and the serial number given does not exist, saying check processor ?

Purchased in December 2018 at ALDI for A$199.00.

System Errors Every time
Steph

StephSurf Beach

Good vac - All homes should have one

It really is easy to use and does a good general vac. Battery is good and vac does not get stuck. Moves from timber floors to rug with no problems. Just need to clean it out each time - which takes 30 secs

Purchased in December 2018 at ALDI for A$199.00.

Product is used Weekly
Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Anthony H.

Anthony H.Sydney, NSW

Good when it works

It’s ok when it works I had a problem with the mop function and the service department hasn’t rectified it yet but it’s still vacuuming the house until they sort out the problem

Purchased in November 2018 for A$200.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
System Errors Never
shanexu3

shanexu3Perth, WA

Works a lot better then my old iRobot Roomba at a third of the price

I purchased my Stirling Robot Vacuum Cleaner from Aldi a few months ago. It works great. I’m amazed when I open the the dust bin to see I’ll full after going to work on an already clean floor. What I’m most impressed with is the Stirling robot does not crash into everything when it if finding its way around. It’s sensors let it know when something is in its path and it steers around it.

My only complaint with this product is that it can’t find its way home to the charging dock it I open up the doors and let it clean the whole house. If I lock it in the same room as the charging dock it finds its way home every time.

All in all i am very happy with my purchase.

Purchased in October 2018 at ALDI for A$280.00.

Argento

ArgentoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works well.

Had my Stirling vacuum cleaner for a few months, and works well. Picks up very small & large debris the size of gravel so I'm happy about that. It's a bit loud but that's expected for a robot vac. It can vacuum the same area for too long as when it goes through the spiral pattern and bumps into something, it doesn't move far away enough to re-start the spiral pattern, so spends a bit too long trying to vac without bumping into things. But it's a 'convenience' product so I gave it a good rating.

EbrahimK

EbrahimKSouth East Queensland, QLD

It does its job

It is good cleaner not excellent. lots of options. keeps bumping into things and sometimes run over them. Not a replacement to you regular vacuum but have to do the cleaning less often. Good if you have pets at home that shed hair. It is fairly quiet and won't notice it after a while.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Crap

Bought it worked for about two hours didn't go back to the dock so I put it on charged all night said full straight away which I thought was weird it just died now it goes for 20 seconds and dies no error codes nothing . Thought I'd hot a good one at first short lived that excitement

happyhippy

happyhippySunshine Coast

Great value and now my new best buddy!

I was very hesitant about paying $199 for this as the other brands were all so much more expensive. We have mainly tiles and with very short carpet in the bedrooms. After working out the setup and watching a you tube clip, my robot charged overnight and then the next day I tested it out. I cannot believe that my $1000 LG vacuum had not picked up the dust and dirt that this little soldier did. Under the furniture, around and even avoided the dogs. It got stuck not because of its downfall but the threads on a mat that I had was a bit confusing. It has a microfibre, wet mopping function that will be my next challenge but as far a value for money it is great.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Great little cleaner for the price

Does exactly what I was expecting it to, cleans the floors very well! Has no trouble getting around furniture or over small changes in elevation.
Setup was super easy and the dirt tank is surprisingly big, did a great job of picking up loads of cat hair.

Very impressed indeed

Blunt as a Brick

Blunt as a Brick

And I thought my house was clean!!! Awesome!

Find out how ALDI Robot Vacuum compares to other Robot Vacuum Cleaners

Works great. Is there a an iPhone tracking app?

Bought the Stirling Robo Vacuum from Aldi in the weekend, so far very impressed. Pulled an embarressing amount of dust, etc., out of our mostly carpeted property, hand vacuumed only a few days earlier. Sturdy, robust construction and more spatial sensitivity then my daughter's robo vac in NY. Less banging into things.

One question, is there an iPhone app for tracking and controlling the Sterling robo? Be a great to have. Be simple to write.

Robofan

MJM

MJM

Not expensive and good value for the money.

Tiles, short weave carpet and wooden floors are no problem. Tackles longer carpet if needed. Picks up animal and human hair plus any food or nuts etc in its way. I have had mine for over four years and it's used daily. Parts easily accessible if required. Replaced battery once. Replaced main sweeper and rubber paddle and side sweeper motor once. Very happy with my Sterling..

Date PurchasedJan 2014
JABJ

JABJWonthaggi

Not the best robot vacuum.

I got mine as a second cleaner, as my Roomba is getting a bit long in the tooth.
The Roomba is the best ever, the Stirling grabs anything, such as rugs etc and the brushes snap off and it is very loud. My recommendation is to save your money and put it towards a Roomba.
(I only have a tiled floor and a couple of rugs, so the Stirling may work better on carpet).

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Love this product, gets the dog hair, great on carpet, under the beds etc

We have tiles an carpet, very happy with price an performance, makes my life so much easier, very happy to recommend to anyone. Our dog sheds constantly, which was really getting me down, with the robot vacuum, I just turn it on and get on with living. It is easy to empty and clean.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Lee

LeeSydney

Waste of money

Had to throw it away 8 months after purchase. It’s a waste of money. Battery stopped working just a few months after purchasing. When charging it shows battery full. But when using, battery only lasts for 20 seconds. I would not recommend this product. Would rather get something more costly but working.

Date PurchasedOct 2017