Stone Guys

• Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

SMG
SMGSydney

Warning this organisation is a scam

I wished I had read the reviews here before I handed over $156 to purchase a stone bench top cleaning kit. Nearly 4 weeks later there is no sign of it, the number on the website has been disconnected and they do not respond to emails. Have lodged a complaint with Fair Trading. Terrible how they can take your money and provide nothing in return, totally unacceptable.

Angry
AngryHunter Region, NSW

Bunch of Crooks

I've also purchased the repair kit for $100+ well over 5 weeks ago only to have one response blaming COVID for lack of supplies and that they would get back to me within 48hours with what they would offer next. Still waiting..... I've taken the next stance and am contacting fair trading. I've sent several emails in the interim only to be ignored.
They take your money and run. Please avoid at all costs!!! Don't make the same honest mistake I have.

Claire L.
Claire L.South West, WA

It's SUCH a SCAM....

Like others who have left reviews, paid $100+ for repair kit. It never arrived. ONE response to queries, blaming COVID-19 (natch!!) for "delays in receiving supplies". No further responses. It's a scam.

Sharon S.
Sharon S.Hobart, TAS

In administration since 2016??? My money is gone, never trusting a bank transfer ever again - that was a red flag!!!

I wanted a cleaner for my new benchtop - totally bought the sales pitch - bank transfer and not paypal is a redflag but did it anyway - $28.60 down the drain. N\

RedhildaHood
RedhildaHoodSouth East Queensland, QLD

DO NOT USE -SCAM

We paid $111 for a repair kit that never arrived. No way of contacting as unresponsive to emails and the 1300 number not in use!
Also heading to ACCC to lodge complaint. Terrible

This company takes your money and does not send you the product.

I ordered a chip repair kit 7 weeks ago. They do not respond when emailed and their contact phone number does not work. DO NOT USE AT ANY COST! Rubbish.

Kay
KaySydney, NSW

Stone guys are fraudulent

Hi

I purchased a couple of products. They didn't come for one month. I followed up. Stone guys finally sent me the products. But then decided to charge my card again. When I threatened to report them, they apologized, but then ignored my emails asking for a refund. I had to report to my bank to get a refund for the duplicated payment.

I have reported to ACCC.

I also think the products are fake. The stone cleaner to remove yellowing doesn't work (and is really expensive). The spray also seems counterfeit when you use it and comes in a shady package - I just don't trust it (see photo attached). Use ceaserstone products for stonecare which are cheaper and can be purchased on the ceaserstone website.

Catters
CattersGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don’t bother!

Emailed this company for a repair quote. Emailed details and photos as advised. Received a response advising a quote would be sent in 24 hours. 5 days later and haven’t received a thing. Called to chase up and call goes to a voicemail box which is full! I thought it was all a little strange, however after reading other reviews of a similar nature, I knew it wasn’t just me who has had a disappointing customer experience. Don’t waste your time!

newtown
newtownSydney

Horiffic - avoid at all costs

Ordered a $250 stone repair kit. Never arrived. The phone line only goes to voicemail and they ignore all messages and emails. Sham company do not purchase from them. Avoid at all costs.

Greg
GregPerth, WA

I am another victim of the The Stone Guys

I ordered a stone benchtop chip repair kit on 8th July 20 and have not received my product. Despite 3 emails saying they will sort this out, promising Austpost tracking details (which never came), they now do not respond at all.

I ring their 1300 number; message bank full.

I email their info email; no response.

I ask for my money back; no contact at all.

Wish I had read these reviews before I ordered online.

I do not recommend buying anything from these people. Shameful.

Stone Guys are Criminals
Stone Guys are CriminalsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stone Guys are Criminals

Seemed legit to start with, paid in full March 2020 They have said they would turn up and on three occasions didn't. They do not answer phone and will respond from different email addresses. Can't believe they can get away with this, it is criminal. Wish I had found these reviews before paying.

Chris Byrne
Chris Byrne

Worst company I have ever used

We paid upfront as requested, a service technician came and did a half botched job and told my wife it would look better in a few days. The repair has now cracked and starting to lift.

We have rang at least 10 times and no one ever answers the phone. Eventually someone did answer and said they would send someone to fix.. they gave us a date but no one ever turned up.

These guys appear dishonest and shonky and the only thing they do efficiently is charge your credit card.

We will use someone else as we now don’t want them to come back as they are not reliable or quality tradespeople.

Shonky dodgy

They wanted money up front
They did a terrible job
And wouldn’t return just wouldn’t answer the phone money down the drain
Stay away they are a dodgy business just liars

MorningsideJob
MorningsideJobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible, terrible and terrible!!!

You ring, they never answer.

They say they’re there, they aren’t.

Liars. Complete and utter liars.

Have paid them to do the work they fail to arrive to do! No one EVER answers the phone and any response your lucky to receive via email, is unprofessional and claims we weren’t there to allow access. When we were. TWICE. And twice they failed to show. Claims to have “proof” of this yet unable to provide.

Will be reporting to ACCC and lodging an application against them in QCAT for a full refund.

GMB