Streets Blue Ribbon Vanilla

Streets Blue Ribbon Vanilla

See the Best Ice Creams in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Streets? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Colin
ColinHunter Region, NSW

Short filled 2 Litre Blue ribbon tub again

Purchased a 2 litre container of vanilla blue ribbon icecream at IGA Cessnock just over 2 weeks ago when a members special was advertised.
Opened it a week later to find it short filled about two thirds full. Returned the product to IGA and they gladly swapped it over and the staff were very pleasant.
Opened up the replacement tub last night to find this one only three quarters full. Took a photo and kept the original receipt.
Where is the quality control by streets ???
I thought streets were a benchmark food company!!

Purchased in February 2021 for $4.00.

rachkap
rachkapGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not What It Used To Be

I Bought a tub of this because it used to be my favourite ice cream. I raved about it to everyone. I hadn't bought any for some time and was horrified that it no longer had that rich, sweet, creamy, thick taste I raved about and is now bland and tasteless. Also after you open the container the whole texture of the ice cream changes into a sticky, gluey hard concoction. I'll never be buying again - definitely not what I was expecting from a big brand like this!

Purchased in December 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $5.00.

harry400
harry400Central West, NSW

2 litre container 1/2 full

When I opened the container it was bout 1/2 full of ice cream

Purchased in May 2020 at Woolworths.

Rubbish

Tasteless ice cream
Also not sure uf gelatin is animal based or vege
No response from manufacturer
Appears they trying to hide some facts

Purchased in April 2020 for $6.00.

DBrec
DBrecSydney, NSW

Streets Cookies and Cream

This ice cream is almost tasteless. I love ice cream and am not too fussy but this cream tastes nothing like Cookies and Cream or even ice cream for that matter. I don't understand why companies make inferior products like this.

Purchased in July 2019 for $4.90.

Serika
SerikaSydney, NSW

The buttermilk and vanilla flavour are gone!

What happened, Streets? Your wonderful icecream is no longer ‘blue ribbon’. Please, bring back the old recipe. It’s tasteless, just like the cheap ones. This has been a favourite in our family for decades.

Purchased in July 2019 at Woolworths Physical store.

MissTrue
MissTrueSydney, NSW

Crap ice cream, New recipe fail

Purchased in May 2019 for $7.90.

This container was less than half full

We buy your ice cream all the time and this time when it was opened there was not even half in the container... not really happy about it at all.

RONALD
RONALD

This is far from perfect, Buy a 2lt tub of "classic Vanilla" from IGA Templestowe 3106 every week,

This is really disappointing because I have always enjoyed your product over many years. However I am not prepared to continue buying it when the icecream has been allowed to "Defrost" before purchase. Frankly it's not good enough & you are in the process of loosing a longtime customer. The retailer blames the truck delivery but I am not sure. Maybe the IGA refrigeration is below standard but as a consumer I don't care who is responsible. I am entitled to get better delivery of your product & suggest you fix it!
As the local JP, Bail Justice & Citizen of the year 2017 you should listen to my complaint!

Vikki
VikkiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Used to love it every day

I used to eat too much of this every day of my life. I would go through a tub every 4 days UNTIL I became a vegetarian & happened to look at the ingredients. WHY WHY WHY would you put gelatine in ice cream?????
That’s the end of Blue Ribbon for me. So disappointed.
As I have not bought this ice cream for 4 years I cannot submit proof of purchase.

David Rice
David RiceWoop-Woop

Streets Blue Ribbon is not ice cream

Those of us who are allergic to mammal meat (over 1,200 of us in Sydney) read the food labels to find the hidden meat. Streets Blue Ribbon is artificially thickened with gelatine (porcine & bovine skin, bones & connecting tissue) as a lazy way of making it appear "thick & creamy". Even if you're not allergic to it, why would you want something like this in your ice cream? Ice cream should contain only milk/cream, egg yolks, sugar and flavouring or fruit. And Streets market this as a "premium product"! The only thing "premium" about it is the price!

wildbill
wildbillorange nsw

Streets Blue Ribbon Ice Cream

Peter
PeterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Creamy but tasteless

Creamy but lacking in flavour, tasteless, disappointing. Even the generic icecream has more flavour. I'm looking for vanilla notes in a vanilla icecream, not bland nothing.

Not what it used to be!

After coming to this thread a year ago when I decided to buy blue ribbon once more and realised it was completely different to how I remember!! I’ve come back to let people know if they’re after the same hard, thick/heavy ice cream texture I found it in an ice cream by “dairy bell” it’s a natural organic vanilla ice cream.. around $11-$12 a litre but worth it! Although it’s not made with buttermilk like blue ribbon used to which was such a good flavour. The texture of this is amazeeeeballssss

Aussie Battler
Aussie Battlerhawks nest

Never Again

I hadn't bought Blue Ribbon for probably 3-4 years, I did by a tub the other day and I am very disappointed. I noticed the 2 litre tub felt very light when I picked it, it must be full of air. The taste is "a nothing", the texture is light (in a negative way). I will never buy this brand again

Read more reviews - page 2