Subaru Dealers

Subaru Dealers

2.5

Don’t buy a Subaru CVT, Levorg, WRX, Impreza, Xv, Forester, Liberty, Outback. It will cost a fortune to fix.

Store LocationCairns Subaru
Tall building

Tall buildingSydney, NSW

Any new Outback purchase - pay to fix the existing faults post-sale, don't waste your energy on fairness

Store LocationQLD, NSW

Bad sales tactics Melville Subaru Perth

Went to buy a second car on the lot, which we had already preselected. But the car sales rep wouldn't sell us that car and insisted we purchase a new car. 1hr later after the sales rep had gone through the 'dodgy' dealers sales pressure handbook we gave up. The final straw was when they informed us that if we wanted to purchase a new car, they wouldn't tell us the price until after agreeing, in case we went to another dealer. Avoid this dealership at all cost.

Store LocationMelville Subaru Perth

Trish S.

Trish S.Hunter Region, NSW

Poor servicing from Newcastle Subaru

Bought my wrx two years ago and every time I take it to Newcastle Subaru, I have nothing but problems. They can’t even fill the engine with oil properly, it’s either not even on the dipstick or way over full! Spill oil all over the exhaust and almost cause my car to catch on fire, when I call to talk to the manager I get told he will call back but never calls back. Get charge for the wrong service and tried to charge me for a air filter that wasn’t even replaced! I’m better off doing my own services, at least I know it will actually be done! Very unprofessional. I will never buy another Subaru. (I have photos and video proof if required!)

Store LocationNewcastle Subaru

Great sales team experience

The 2 Johns are great, very helpful and open to negotiation on the car we wanted. We're delighted Walid followed up with the spare key. This has definitely been our best car purchase experience. Love the car and would happily deal with this team again.

Store LocationSubaru Narellan
Belinda

BelindaSydney, NSW

Talking about people loudly

Poor service whilst at Narellan Subaru this morning..
A staff member ( woman) was talking so loudly & was so disrespectful to other staff members & then loudly says
" I can't help it if you cant afford to pay your bills" ( speaking about a customer)
What kind of a person is that disgusting to discuss other customers personal business Infront of the whole dealership & to your other team members, you made me sick, I was horrified.
thankfully I'm not in hard times but so many may be in difficult times especially at this time with the coronavirus outbreak, I'm sure karma will take care of her..

Store LocationNarellan Subaru
Namica

NamicaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor Service

Store LocationSubaru Mentone

john c

john csydney

very much appreciated

Great service by Andrew Moran, of Trivett Subaru Service Centre Parramatta, given to prompt attention with my XV. Had an issue with the rear vision camera, it is now fixed thanks to Andrew. Would highly recommend.

Store LocationTrivett Subaru Parramatta
Julie

JulieHunter Region, NSW

Technology over the top!

Bought a Subaru Forester recently and am just starting to love it. However, the new technology is ridiculous. Why should we have to turn of at least 5 features each time we start it? It should be the other way around, turn it on if desired. So far I’ve had the collision brakes come on inappropriately 3 time’s, been told to check my surroundings when there’s no danger, hate the stopping of the motor at every set of lights and got pushed all over the road by the lane assist. Is this not a bit excessive?

Store LocationMaitland

Paul T.

Paul T.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Port City Subaru Hervey Bay

Long time Subaru owner, I took my Subaru in for a regular service, and it came back with a transmission problem. After 6 months of the standard industry run around with Port City and Subaru Australia I finally got a quote to fix of $4500 to repair. It took a bunch of emails to even get that response, phoning in to be placed on hold and or being told someone would call me back wears thin quickly. Pretty sure they don't want my business. I would never buy a Subaru with CVT again either, they are not cost effective to repair or replace like a regular transmission, Subaru have walked away from their reputation of being lhigh quality, long term cost effective cars to own.

Store LocationPort City Subaru Hervey Bay
Tracy W.

Tracy W.Sydney, NSW

Penrith Subaru Brendan fantastic

I have had my new car for 3 weeks now and love it. I had a fantastic salesman Brendan Tompkins I couldn't have asked for a nicer more honest person to sell me a car. He went over and beyond to assist me with the sale. He was patient he did not harass me with phone calls as other dealers did. The hand over was fabulous and he even went out of his way to put on my number plate covers. I would also like to thank the Manager David for the laughs and banter. They were just a pleasure to deal with.

Store LocationPenrith
Alan Alcock

Alan AlcockGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Vehicle Handover PATHETIC

Just picked up top model Forester from Subaru Doncaster. Demo with 4K on the clock. Appt was arranged 3 days ago for me to pick up but on the day car was not handed over until after 1.00, 12.30 appt, why ask people to make appt if you are not going to keep, however, the handover was minus the second key fob and NO run through on the vehicle. Everyone too busy and obviously did not care. Insult to injury key fob will be available next week and they wanted me to go and collect. When I complained later in the day plenty of apologies etc but damage done. Love the car, not impressed with after sales.

Store LocationSubaru Doncaster
Angela P.

Angela P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Going downhill

I am a long time SUBARU owner and always go to SUBARU. The customer service I have received over the last couple of years has definitely gone down hill. Organization of parts has been terrible and they have wasted my time on several occasions. Also the way they sold me my brand new vehicle was very misleading and not with much integrity. I most probably will not be buying a SUBARU again. Sad considering I have owned a couple for over 10 yrs and loved them

Store LocationDocklands
Fi

FiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does Subaru even want to sell cars?

I have been very happy with my Subaru, so visited Kedron Subaru to find a replacement. The car salesman walked out when I arrived, and the fleet manager helped me to the best of his ability. The other guy returned and completely ignored me, speaking only to my friends who were not buying. I left my details and he hasn't bothered to ring back. I went elsewhere and sealed the deal a week later. I should add I am female.

Store LocationKedron Subaru

Store LocationSubaru Berwick
Grant

GrantFar North Queensland, QLD

Trinity Auto Cairns

The front diff in my Subaru XV has failed after 85000 km. Trinity Auto in Cairns first told me i needed a new gearbox. Estimated cost $8000. Now its the diff. These guys dont know how to service or repair Subaru motor cars and their customer service is non existent. Subaru Australia havent been much help either. Dont waste your money on a Subaru or any other car maintained by Trinity Auto

Store LocationTrinity Auto in Cairns

Subaru..

Nice one Thanks mr. Aaron Ysip of Brisbane, I am looking forward to seeing you the soonest possible. Thanks for your time giving me the ideas and information regarding your services.

Store LocationBrisbane
Micky M.

Micky M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disgusting service

Took my car in for a minor service 5 hour wait. I got back after 4.5 hours and the car still hadnt been put on the hoists. Terrible customer service looks like Ill be going to Tullamarine next time

Store LocationDoncaster
Archie Campbell

Archie CampbellSydney, NSW

Buying new Subaru

I would like to thank the sales staff especially Paul Malss Trivett of Narellan Subaru for the service when buying a new Subaru Forester he made the process very easy when explaining all about terms and conditions, also when picking up my vehicle he went through all the information by visually showing us how the safety features worked.

Store LocationNarellan

Octavia M

Octavia Masked

Bought a 2018 Subaru wrx . Just been told that I need to pay $749 odd dollars to have the back shock absorbers replaced already . Car has done 40000 Klm ???? Is this right wouldn’t it be done under warranty?

Santo T
Santo T

Hi O
You would need to check your paperwork and see what is covered under the warranty.
S

Clark Kent
Clark Kent

Shock absorbers are a consumable item like filters etc. Unless the car suspension has been hammered constantly on poor roads I think that they would be good for 100,000km..

Ben C.

How did you go with this?

Shouldn't matter what is written about the warranty, if you can justify that the shocks would normally last longer that 40000km (given that the car has been used as intended), I would think that they should be replaced in accordance with the consumer guarantee under the Australian consumer law

Mitchasked

My 2002 Liberty sedan is rather reluctant to change up gears most days and is also rather sluggish when going up steep gradients, I am wondering if anyone has had problems like this with theirs and if so what has been done to rectify the issues?

Ivan36
Ivan36

Hi Mitch,
your car is now some 14 years old and perhaps it is nearing the end of its useful life. Obvious suggestion is to take it to your trustworthy mechanic to have a look at or to consider getting a new Subaru. The Outback is incredibly capable and good car. Good luck.

Mitch

Ivan36, I should have also mentioned that it has nearly 250K on the clock, and is starting to sound rather agricultural....perhaps you're right....might give the mechanic a buzz in the next week and get a once over

Display Nameasked

Have purchased a Subaru Outback 2010 2L Diesel manual had only done 36,000kms but within months of purchasing it the clutch, flywheel and whole engine need replacing apparently due to the Diesel Particle Filter. It is covered by the Subaru 12 month warranty however Subaru won't do anything about the problem. Has anyone else had to replace their engine in a Subaru Outback 2010 2L Diesel? Any ideas on how to get Subaru to come to the party?

Ant
Ant

I was advised not to buy diesel for this reason. Apparently Australian fuel is the problem, higher sulphur than Europe and it means the filters clog quickly. It's not a Subaru only issue.

Display Name

Following on from this. THe car needs $16,800 worth of repairs to replace the entire engine, flywheel, clutch, turbo, head gasket and Subaru ROseberry won't pay anything to cover the cost of repairs. This car is covered under the 12 month Subaru Assured Warranty however they won't stand by this we are left out of pocket to cover the repairs. The General Manager's attitude is they have to make profit!. Never ever buy a Subaru from Roseberry. Absolutely appalling customer service.

Andrew McFadden
Andrew McFadden

The Subaru Outback 2010 manual diesel is a piece of crap. It was the first diesel manual manufactured by Subaru, an absolute disaster and Subaru won't admit to it, they should have refunded every customer for this piece of crap.