Subaru XV G5X

Subaru XV G5X (2017-2021)

Also referred to as: Subaru XV G5X 2020 and Subaru XV G5X 2022. 2.0i-S AWD, 2.0i AWD, 2.0i-L AWD, 2.0i Premium AWD
Listing monitored by Subaru Australia

• Features
KJC
KJC

Perfect for us !

Purchased in February 2021.

Jim
JimNew South Wales

Comfortable and great off road , performance not that bad at all.

No problem with our 2015 or our new xv. Very good handling , fun to drive off road and as a general commuter, Servicing a little more than 2wd cars but not that bad. Its not a fast car off the mark but considering the average speed limits and everyone saying slow down on the roads i do not see a problem with the power it has, its really ok with us.

Purchased in January 2021.

DannyK
DannyKHunter Region, NSW

Great Car For The Money

Purchased in September 2019.

RPDAdelaide

Very disappointed

Never again will I buy a Subaru. Two years old and undriveable.
Subaru Australia are telling me it’s not a manufacturer fault so not covered under the 5 year warranty.
Those warranties are advertising to get people to buy the cars.

Purchased in June 2018 at Jarvis Cars.

TransmissionAutomatic
RPD

Have already received your response and verdict - in your opinion it is my problem and the fault of my mechanic despite evidence to the contrary.

Imprezive!
Imprezive!Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Is it really worth that extra $$$?

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Peterrob
PeterrobSouth East Queensland, QLD

OK, but...

Bought the XV new from local dealer July 2019. Test drove their demo model first, couldn't find any faults. BUT, my car has what seems to be typical Subaru CVT issues. If there was such a thing as kangaroo petrol, I've got it. The car very quickly exhibited jerky acceleration, would shudder when going around 60kmh. Took it back to the dealer, who told me it will settle down. Wrote to Subaru who deftly shunted me sideways to the dealer, whose last words to me were 'drive it hard'. Now the behaviour has shifted to not so subtle roughness when accelerating, so still faulty. It's a real shame, because otherwise it's not bad a s a compact SUV. Total travelled is 7K. I drive our other car in preference to the XV. Won't repeat hit purchase.

Purchased in July 2019 for $39,000.00.

Raj
RajSydney, NSW

Great car, Subaru is excellent

Good car, drives well . Commuting to and fro from work, occasional weekend use. Good driving position and technology has been updated for car play. Recommend as Subaru has less breakdowns in the long run

Purchased in June 2019 at Subaru Dealers for $40,500.00.

vrxbeachboy
vrxbeachboy

Important Features I did not realise before my purchase. I thought Subarus Were better.

Purchased in August 2019 at Suttons for $35,000.00.

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @vrxbeachboy, were so sorry to hear you had a bad experience when purchasing your XV. Please be assured that your feedback is appreciated, and we will be sure to pass it on to our Product and Planning team. Thank you.

BuckwheatPerth, WA

Good car - goes anywhere with a small boot.....

Purchased in April 2019.

Jane M.
Jane M.The Mallee, VIC

Extremely Impressed!

I had never owned a Subaru before and cannot be happier with my purchase, I'm so impressed! The price point is amazing for all the features. We test drove other makes and models with the same features we were looking for but they couldn't beat or even come close to the price of the XV. Love Love Love my Subaru!!

Purchased in May 2018 at Innes Motors for $41,000.00.

Scotty74
Scotty74South East Queensland, QLD

Love this car

After driving so many SUV vehicles and weighing up vehicle features, cost and best value for money the XV wins hands down. We purchased the top of the range for under $40,000 fitted with tow bar, roof racks, floor mats, alloy pedals and a few other accessories. It’s fitted with all the tech you’d find on vehicles worth $60,000. Do yourself a favour, take it for a drive and you leave the dealership with a contract signed for purchase. I am a Subaru convert and it will be hard to get me away from being a brand loyalist

Purchased in July 2018 at Key star Subaru Rothwell for $37,500.00.

Please think carefully before buying this car!

Purchased in March 2018.

Janelle
JanelleIllawarra, NSW

Great little car

I needed a high wheel base vehicle. I bought a demo model that had all the safety tech. It is a smooth ride, my dad loves it, even my Euro car fan beloved loves it. I would like a little better fuel efficiency and the Carplay only works intermittently but otherwise I really like this car. Never had anything so new and hi tech!

Purchased in October 2018 for $34,800.00.

Noise Level
Donna G
Donna GSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great driving

New to Subaru, great driving so far, however, very new so no apparent issues currently. Would like to see automatic lock feature, always appreciated that in my previous car. Only local driving to date, used for business, planning a small road trip to test more features.

Purchased in April 2019 at Von Bibra.

CJQ

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Read more reviews - page 2See all Subaru XV reviews

goluke171
goluke171asked
XV G5X 2.0i-L AWD (2017-2021)

What is the difference between g4x and g5x?
Is the boot design differently? I have someone giving me a cargo boot mat which fit the g4x model. Can it be used in my xv 2020?

Wendyasked
XV G5X 2.0i-S AWD (2017-2021)

My 2018 G5X 2.0i-S died. CVT and Diff - I was told it was because the mechanic had not refilled the front diff with oil. I drove 6000kms with no oil if that is the case. Is that even possible - day trips of up to 500kms over mountains at speeds of 110? There seems to be a lack of accountability around faulty CVTs in XVs in Australia. Repair bill almost $13000 in a two year old car...it is with Fair Trading...

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ Wendy, We're sorry to hear of your experience with your XV. Our Customer Relations Team is available on 1800 226 643 or feedback@subaru.com.au. Alternatively, you're welcome to send us a private message to our Facebook page with your vehicle details and we'll be in touch. The Subaru Team.

Wendy

It is being investigated by Fair Trading. Your Customer Service person would not escalate nor let me speak to his manager. He was sexist and ageist. Customer Service - poor.

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ Wendy. Thank you for your response. Our team will respond to Fair Trading accordingly. Take care and be safe. The Subaru Team.

Enricoasked
XV G5X (2017-2021)

Can anyone give me real fuel figures based on their kilometres driven and actual fuel filled? The car stats aren't reliable enough.

NikB
NikB

I'm getting 7.9 lt/ 100ks in mainly city driving. My XV 2.0S is 2 months old.

Enrico

I ended up buying the XVs also and find actual figures of 9.7L/100 city and 8L/100 motorway. The cars computer is way out as I use the distance and filled method of calculating. I would check your figure manually rather than taking the car's figure.

See all Subaru XV G5X (2017-2021) questions

Get an answer from our members and Subaru Australia representatives

Subaru XV G5X (2017-2021)

Compare all 7 Subaru XV
CategorySmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVs
Starting Price $32,850$35,292$40,359$37,156
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)
Drive TypeAll Wheel Drive (AWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Max Torque196Nm @ 4000rpm196Nm @ 4000rpm196Nm @ 4000rpm196Nm @ 4000rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapan
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)1,400 kg1,400 kg1,400 kg1,400 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)650 kg650 kg650 kg650 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Dimensions