Sunbeam Bakehouse BM4500

Ada Harley

Ada HarleyPerth, WA

Worst bread maker Sunbeam Bakehouse

Disappointed

As yet have not made a good looking loaf - very ragged on tops. Have made sure blade was upright at beginning but looked flat when pulled from baked loaf.
Have followed recipe for sourdough (menu 5) (image 1). Also tried Barossa Sourdough Rye premix from Laucke, following all instructions - result is image 2. Have also tried Rustic Rye (menu 9) with similar results.
Looks like I have to go back to making bread completely by hand.

Purchased in February 2021 at The Good Guys Physical store for $168.00.

Wolf F.

Wouldn't mind getting my money back on this bit of junk so that I can afford to pay for a Panasonic one

Pauly

PaulySydney, NSW

This is the worst bread maker I have ever used.

This is the second bread maker I have ever had. Before I had a brevill bread maker and it never failed.

The Sunbeam has never worked since I have had it.
I only make French bread without turbo.

It is a simple recipe and always worked on the Breville, never on the Sunbeam BM4500.
I am using the correct quality and quantity of ingredients.

Purchased in February 2021.

Dot

DotSydney Surrounds, NSW

Only worked for 3 weeks

After 3 weeks of wonderful bread it suddenly stopped heating on the second rise. It then baked the cold, sunk dough = a horrible loaf. See pic attached with the same recipe when the bread maker was working and after the rise cycle stopped heating.
Also the paddle is very fiddly to keep upright, which is essential for all functions.
And you need to REALLY clean the paddle or you get black oil through your bread.
Replaced by Sunbeam - great service!
However having now read other reviews online it will probably die again.

Purchased in December 2020 at Appliances Online for $147.00.

Love it!

An excellent bread maker. The only issue I have is the extremely loud beeping (or siren) that goes off when it is time to add fruit or nuts. It wakes the whole house if we have it set to come on at night. Other than that it is a terrific machine.

Purchased in March 2020.

One design flaw.

Design flaw with blade falling off shaft (as others mentioned for two years).
This happened after first few days.
This is folding style paddle - good idea, but so-so in reality, way better than a huge hole in loaf!
Half hour pre-warming function is annoying, loaf always fails on menu 3, rises great at first, not on final stage.
Menu 1 works well enough, not as nice as previous Breville, Aldi.
(Sunbeam has already committed to replacement - thanks)
Otherwise machine looks & works fine. Small loaf mixes fine, non-stick pan, long kneeding, quiet enough.
I love breadmakers, but they can demand a lot of experimentation to get a nice loaf.

Purchased in October 2020.

Bob

BobWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Fault with blade

I have a Sunbeam Bakehouse machine which is only 3 months old and after a few bakes which were perfect the blade started to come of in every loaf and it would be in the centre of the loaf after baking. I found out the the coating on the blade was coming of and going into the bread and with no non stick coating the dough stuck yo the blade and pulled it off.

Purchased in August 2020 at Accessories Online for $151.00.

JETNZL

JETNZL

Nowhere near as good as the old ones !

Purchased in July 2020.

I like it. Well made. Smart.

I have only had BM4500 2 months now. Always had a Panasonic. I love how easy this is to clean. The bread has all been perfect. Soft better taste. People who say they have sunken bread, it their ingredients. Their measurements. Don’t condemn the machine,

Purchased in June 2020 at Mighty Ape.

Suzanne

SuzanneNortheast, VIC

Useless

Product was fantastic to start with now every loaf comes out sunken in middle and very dense. Thought i was useless but i have changed every variable, water amount/temp, yeast, flour, sugar, salt, bread improver, etc starting to believe Product is faulty. Unfortunately purchased through Chrisco so not sure of my options

Purchased in December 2019 at Chrisco for $200.00.

Signor F

Signor FPerth, WA

It’s a shame, I really wanted to like it but it was an absolute piece of rubbish!

Purchased in March 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $189.00.

Customer CareSunbeam

Thank you for your feedback.

Barb H

Barb HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Timer Delay won’t work

Nightingale

Nightingale

Bread Maker with reliable recipes

Love this bread maker machine, looking for a Gluten free option and this machine delivers that. Fantastic recipe book and a quality machine that works really well. All the options are amazing like the fruit and nut dispenser very happy with my purchase!

Purchased in March 2020 for $169.00.

Hello Nightingale,
Thank you for you great feedback.

Failure bread every time!

I wish I had have read the reviews before purchasing this waste of space/time/energy/money. Doesn't matter what I do or what recipe I try, they all end up small windowless buildings. The times I think a good loaf might be finally going to happen because there is actually some height/rising occurring it's short-lived and collapses. Unfortunately it took me several months to get around to even using/trialing the machine so it's now out of warranty. The other thing to note for NZ purchasers is there are plenty of recipes in the book then towards the end there's a heading "NZ Recipes" and there's only 4 recipes for bread, don't buy this machine! Find a better one and read reviews first!

Purchased in November 2018.

Bread Quality & Consistency

Rubbish machine...

This product is rubbish ..as we get near end time bread appears to be rising but when it finishes the bread sinks in the centre ..have varied all elements yeast water etc..same result..my friend brought cheap breville one for $20 hers never fails same recipe

Purchased in October 2019 at Noel Leeming Physical store for $179.00.

Noise Level

Hello Xtine930,
All our products have a 12 month warranty and it sounds like your Bakehouse is not working like it's intended so please return to your retailer for a replacement.

Xtine930
Xtine930

Will do ..didn't think i was that bad a cook

Melissa

Melissa

Bread has been perfect

So far loving my breadmaker. The loaves I've made have come out beautiful. I have done 4 so far, 1 with fruit. Only one loaf wasn't so great, a little too dense and didn't rise as much but I was experimenting with the turbo function. The bread didn't rise as much as other loaves I had made.

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys for $161.00.

Hi Melissa,
Thanks for the great review! Enjoy .

ChanelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Blade coming out and sticky dough

Got my bread maker yesterday,was super excited to test it.The mixing blade comes out while mixing
Baked another 2 today and it’s the same.
Why is this happening?
The dough is also sticky,and I’m measuring exact.
Not happy

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys.

Chanel

Thank you I will give that a try.
1/4 ,is that cup?

yes that's right

this is the worse bread maker I have used couldn't get a good loaf hubby tried he couldn't either ...rubbish

settings were good but sadly nothing else
bread never turned out
make brown fruit and white
none turned out awful changed my flour yeast still the same
blade kepted falling over more trouble than it worth

Purchased in February 2019 at nz for $275.00.

Hi judith,
Sorry to hear of your experience with the BM4500 . Please call us on 1300 881 861 for us to trouble shoot further. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

jwbates

jwbatesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't purchase!

Purchased in October 2016.

Bread Quality & Consistency

Hi jwbates,
So sorry to hear this. Not sure why it would not be successful with those loaves. The only thing I would suggest is to give us a call on 1300 881 861 to see if we can offer further assistance...

One Design Flaw

This makes awesome bread. It's a great machine, best of those I have had. However there is one rather large design flaw. The kneading blade is loose, and often comes up off the shaft slightly when first kneading, this can be hard to see, but what happens is the shaft rotates, but of course the blade doesn't, and you end up with a small, dense loaf. I have tried all sorts, including replacements, but the same thing happens, packing it with foil etc but none work. It needs a clip or some such. As I say design flaw and of course a rather major one. It's the entire point of a machine, the kneading. Zero response from NZ Sunbeam about it, they don't bother responding to customers over here.

Purchased in April 2018.

Hi Pctek,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam and for the feed back. It will be passed on. Can you please email us at customercare@sunbeam.com.au with your address details and your purchase receipt.

Pctek

Why? I already emailed you BEFORE I posted this. You didn't respond. As I said, it's a design flaw, so what are you going to do about it? Send me another pan or machine? Been there, done that.