Sunbeam Bakehouse BM4500

Sunbeam Bakehouse BM4500

MPN: 35902763

• Bread Quality & Consistency
  • Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

Failure bread every time!

I wish I had have read the reviews before purchasing this waste of space/time/energy/money. Doesn't matter what I do or what recipe I try, they all end up small windowless buildings. The times I think a good loaf might be finally going to happen because there is actually some height/rising occurring it's short-lived and collapses. Unfortunately it took me several months to get around to even using/trialing the machine so it's now out of warranty. The other thing to note for NZ purchasers is there are plenty of recipes in the book then towards the end there's a heading "NZ Recipes" and there's only 4 recipes for bread, don't buy this machine! Find a better one and read reviews first!

Purchased in November 2018.

Rubbish machine...

This product is rubbish ..as we get near end time bread appears to be rising but when it finishes the bread sinks in the centre ..have varied all elements yeast water etc..same result..my friend brought cheap breville one for $20 hers never fails same recipe

Purchased in October 2019 at Noel Leeming Physical store for $179.00.

Hello Xtine930,
All our products have a 12 month warranty and it sounds like your Bakehouse is not working like it's intended so please return to your retailer for a replacement.

Xtine930
Xtine930

Will do ..didn't think i was that bad a cook

Bread has been perfect

So far loving my breadmaker. The loaves I've made have come out beautiful. I have done 4 so far, 1 with fruit. Only one loaf wasn't so great, a little too dense and didn't rise as much but I was experimenting with the turbo function. The bread didn't rise as much as other loaves I had made.

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys for $161.00.

Hi Melissa,
Thanks for the great review! Enjoy .

ChanelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Blade coming out and sticky dough

Got my bread maker yesterday,was super excited to test it.The mixing blade comes out while mixing
Baked another 2 today and it’s the same.
Why is this happening?
The dough is also sticky,and I’m measuring exact.
Not happy

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys.

Chanel

Thank you I will give that a try.
1/4 ,is that cup?

yes that's right

this is the worse bread maker I have used couldn't get a good loaf hubby tried he couldn't either ...rubbish

settings were good but sadly nothing else
bread never turned out
make brown fruit and white
none turned out awful changed my flour yeast still the same
blade kepted falling over more trouble than it worth

Purchased in February 2019 at nz for $275.00.

Hi judith,
Sorry to hear of your experience with the BM4500 . Please call us on 1300 881 861 for us to trouble shoot further. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

jwbates

jwbatesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't purchase!

Purchased in October 2016.

Hi jwbates,
So sorry to hear this. Not sure why it would not be successful with those loaves. The only thing I would suggest is to give us a call on 1300 881 861 to see if we can offer further assistance...

One Design Flaw

This makes awesome bread. It's a great machine, best of those I have had. However there is one rather large design flaw. The kneading blade is loose, and often comes up off the shaft slightly when first kneading, this can be hard to see, but what happens is the shaft rotates, but of course the blade doesn't, and you end up with a small, dense loaf. I have tried all sorts, including replacements, but the same thing happens, packing it with foil etc but none work. It needs a clip or some such. As I say design flaw and of course a rather major one. It's the entire point of a machine, the kneading. Zero response from NZ Sunbeam about it, they don't bother responding to customers over here.

Purchased in April 2018.

Hi Pctek,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam and for the feed back. It will be passed on. Can you please email us at customercare@sunbeam.com.au with your address details and your purchase receipt.

Pctek
Pctek

Why? I already emailed you BEFORE I posted this. You didn't respond. As I said, it's a design flaw, so what are you going to do about it? Send me another pan or machine? Been there, done that.

Amy

Amysydney

Not worth the hype

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Hi Amy,
So sorry to hear. Hope you took the Breadmaker back if the blade was not sitting correctly and we will pass on your feedback to the team...

Laraine M

Laraine MSouth East Queensland, QLD

A bit disappointing

While I have had nothing but success with my machine, my son recently purchased one of his own. He has had more failures than successes & is very disappointed with the product. He has used the recipes in the included book as well as packaged mixes. He is going to return it for a refund as he is definitely not happy with it.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
misstcameron

misstcameronPerth, Western Australia

Good machine, not enough info in the booklet

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Hi misstcameron,
Look forward to hearing from you and our team will be happy to assist you with any troubleshooting issues....

Beekay

BeekayLogan

Not fit for purpose

Had mine for three days and three lots of bread with three fails. If the bread had turned out any heavier or harder I could have built a house from them. So a refund allowed me to get a good one and success first time. As an entry level bread machine I would never recommend it

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Martlark

Martlark

Inconsistent to the point of uselessness.

One in five times this machine gets things right. The other four times are random flops. Overflowing. Undercooking. Failure to rise. Brick like. You can't trust this thing to make any recipe consistently. Easier and cheaper to buy bread from Coles/Woolies. At least that is reliable. It's on a shelf in the garage now. Probably forever.

Pros:

Cheap

Cons:

Can't be relied upon.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Nelson

NelsonGoldcoast

heat element turns off

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Masterchef

MasterchefCentral, SA

Stainless steel perfect choice

have just used my Sunbeam Smart Bakehouse BM4500 for the first time. Raisin Bread loaf dough cycle double the amount of dough with this machine compared to my 12 year old Sunbeam Quantum Smartbake. I prefer to bake the conventional way in the oven gives me double the volume and a lovely baked loaf overall. Knowledge of bread making and how yeast works helps for successful bread making. A little more effort but worth it. This machine is so easy to use and clean afterwards. The stainless steel square look is a beautiful edtion to the kitchen bench. thanks Sunbeam for such a lovely machine.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Kiwi BK

Kiwi BKMelbourne

Giving up

Have tried and tried with this bread maker but finally giving up. I even had my parents bring over some of the great "surebake" yeast from NZ. Back home we had a Panasonic that always worked. This Sunbeam just has failing loaves time after time. You follow all the instructions perfectly with fresh ingredients but sure enough - a sunken dense mass of failure is all you get.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Amy

AmyColac

Flour

I had the same issues as a lot of people with bread not baking correctly not rising the only good thing i made was dough in the first month i tried everything different yeasts etc then i changed to a bakers flour and bingo bread is beautiful. Don't get me wrong every now and then i get one that sinks a little but still nice to eat. I hope this helps anyone that's having issues :-)

Date PurchasedSep 2017

srjh82

srjh82

Pretty poor

Date PurchasedOct 2014

agrtee with large percentage of reviews

we agree with the large number of complaints. bread sunken, undercooked , have tried all of the hints sunbeam, have posted still terrible bread. machine has been returned twice to sunbeam, still have to buy bread from super market -- bakehouse is a flop. we have never baked a good loaf using same laucke mixture as we have used in other bread makers

Date PurchasedFeb 2007

Jay Jay

Jay JayLady Barron

You get what you pay for

We always had a Breville Bakehouse but after several years it played up so we "saved" some money and ordered the Sunbeam. BIG mistake, not one loaf came out as we wanted, even when we used our own recipes, and the noise!!!!! Bought another Breville bakehouse and the Sunbeam sits in storage, with no one even looking at it when we had a garage sale.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Corina

CorinaSydney

Lovely bread but leave a hole.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Niek G.asked

Is there a schedule that shows the kneading and proving, baking times for each programm?

Hello Niek G.
There is a LCD Window which Displays the Menu setting, Crust colour, Loaf size and remaining time until the cycle is complete - '0:00'. see more about the setting in the product manual: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Root/Specifications/InstructionBooklet/BM4500_17EM2.pdf

Niek G.

Hi to for that, I know about this. Was just wondering if you can list the actual time it kneeds, proves and bake per setting...

Christine

Christineasked

I can't believe the reviews I am reading here on this breadmaker. I haven't bought one yet to replace my Sunbeam which lasted without a beat for 10 years until it just died yesterday. If anyone wants to stick up for their Sunbeam or tell me to forget it, you are welcome. Mostly I would love to hear from Sunbeam about this product and why I should buy it!

Hello Christine,
The Sunbeam Bakehouse BM4500 has been a reliable product in our range since 2010 so you can only imagine how many we have sold and how many happy customers there are!

All our bread makers come with a 12 month warranty so you have plenty of time to really test out your unit.
All we ask from you is to follow the steps laid out in the manual and to give yourself sometime to understand how to use the machine correctly.
Happy Baking.

Melissa

I've had mine for about 6 months and so far so good. I have used it many times in that time with good results. I have made sourdough, multi-grain, white and raison bread. I've also made banana bread in it as well which turned out nice. Very happy so far!

Hello Melissa,
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It all sounds so delicious!

Fran Pekin

Fran Pekinasked

Hi everyone, I am waiting to use my Sunbeam 4500 for the first time and can’t figure out how to program it to do a 30 minute preheat cycle?
Ideas much appreciated- Fran

Hi Fran Pekin,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. The preheating is already programmed into each setting/cycle. The only time you can pre-program is the time delay. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Download manual