Sunbeam Bakehouse BM4500

MPNs: 2079, 35902763 and BM4500

2.5

• Bread Quality & Consistency

One design flaw.

Design flaw with blade falling off shaft (as others mentioned for two years).
This happened after first few days.
This is folding style paddle - good idea, but so-so in reality, way better than a huge hole in loaf!
Half hour pre-warming function is annoying, loaf always fails on menu 3, rises great at first, not on final stage.
Menu 1 works well enough, not as nice as previous Breville, Aldi.
(Sunbeam has already committed to replacement - thanks)
Otherwise machine looks & works fine. Small loaf mixes fine, non-stick pan, long kneeding, quiet enough.
I love breadmakers, but they can demand a lot of experimentation to get a nice loaf.

Purchased in October 2020.

Bob

BobWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Fault with blade

I have a Sunbeam Bakehouse machine which is only 3 months old and after a few bakes which were perfect the blade started to come of in every loaf and it would be in the centre of the loaf after baking. I found out the the coating on the blade was coming of and going into the bread and with no non stick coating the dough stuck yo the blade and pulled it off.

Purchased in August 2020 at Accessories Online for A$151.00.

JETNZL

JETNZL

Nowhere near as good as the old ones !

Purchased in July 2020.

Find out how Sunbeam Bakehouse BM4500 compares to other Bread Makers

I like it. Well made. Smart.

I have only had BM4500 2 months now. Always had a Panasonic. I love how easy this is to clean. The bread has all been perfect. Soft better taste. People who say they have sunken bread, it their ingredients. Their measurements. Don’t condemn the machine,

Purchased in June 2020 at Mighty Ape.

SuzanneNortheast, VIC

Useless

Product was fantastic to start with now every loaf comes out sunken in middle and very dense. Thought i was useless but i have changed every variable, water amount/temp, yeast, flour, sugar, salt, bread improver, etc starting to believe Product is faulty. Unfortunately purchased through Chrisco so not sure of my options

Purchased in December 2019 at Chrisco for A$200.00.

Signor F

Signor FPerth, WA

It’s a shame, I really wanted to like it but it was an absolute piece of rubbish!

Purchased in March 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$189.00.

Customer CareSunbeam

Thank you for your feedback.

Barb H

Barb HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Timer Delay won’t work

Nightingale

Nightingale

Bread Maker with reliable recipes

Love this bread maker machine, looking for a Gluten free option and this machine delivers that. Fantastic recipe book and a quality machine that works really well. All the options are amazing like the fruit and nut dispenser very happy with my purchase!

Purchased in March 2020 for A$169.00.

Hello Nightingale,
Thank you for you great feedback.

Failure bread every time!

I wish I had have read the reviews before purchasing this waste of space/time/energy/money. Doesn't matter what I do or what recipe I try, they all end up small windowless buildings. The times I think a good loaf might be finally going to happen because there is actually some height/rising occurring it's short-lived and collapses. Unfortunately it took me several months to get around to even using/trialing the machine so it's now out of warranty. The other thing to note for NZ purchasers is there are plenty of recipes in the book then towards the end there's a heading "NZ Recipes" and there's only 4 recipes for bread, don't buy this machine! Find a better one and read reviews first!

Purchased in November 2018.

Rubbish machine...

This product is rubbish ..as we get near end time bread appears to be rising but when it finishes the bread sinks in the centre ..have varied all elements yeast water etc..same result..my friend brought cheap breville one for $20 hers never fails same recipe

Purchased in October 2019 at Noel Leeming Physical store for A$179.00.

Hello Xtine930,
All our products have a 12 month warranty and it sounds like your Bakehouse is not working like it's intended so please return to your retailer for a replacement.

Xtine930
Xtine930

Will do ..didn't think i was that bad a cook

Melissa

Melissa

Bread has been perfect

So far loving my breadmaker. The loaves I've made have come out beautiful. I have done 4 so far, 1 with fruit. Only one loaf wasn't so great, a little too dense and didn't rise as much but I was experimenting with the turbo function. The bread didn't rise as much as other loaves I had made.

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys for A$161.00.

Hi Melissa,
Thanks for the great review! Enjoy .

ChanelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Blade coming out and sticky dough

Got my bread maker yesterday,was super excited to test it.The mixing blade comes out while mixing
Baked another 2 today and it’s the same.
Why is this happening?
The dough is also sticky,and I’m measuring exact.
Not happy

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys.

Chanel

Thank you I will give that a try.
1/4 ,is that cup?

yes that's right

this is the worse bread maker I have used couldn't get a good loaf hubby tried he couldn't either ...rubbish

settings were good but sadly nothing else
bread never turned out
make brown fruit and white
none turned out awful changed my flour yeast still the same
blade kepted falling over more trouble than it worth

Purchased in February 2019 at nz for A$275.00.

Hi judith,
Sorry to hear of your experience with the BM4500 . Please call us on 1300 881 861 for us to trouble shoot further. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

jwbates

jwbatesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't purchase!

Purchased in October 2016.

Hi jwbates,
So sorry to hear this. Not sure why it would not be successful with those loaves. The only thing I would suggest is to give us a call on 1300 881 861 to see if we can offer further assistance...

One Design Flaw

This makes awesome bread. It's a great machine, best of those I have had. However there is one rather large design flaw. The kneading blade is loose, and often comes up off the shaft slightly when first kneading, this can be hard to see, but what happens is the shaft rotates, but of course the blade doesn't, and you end up with a small, dense loaf. I have tried all sorts, including replacements, but the same thing happens, packing it with foil etc but none work. It needs a clip or some such. As I say design flaw and of course a rather major one. It's the entire point of a machine, the kneading. Zero response from NZ Sunbeam about it, they don't bother responding to customers over here.

Purchased in April 2018.

Hi Pctek,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam and for the feed back. It will be passed on. Can you please email us at customercare@sunbeam.com.au with your address details and your purchase receipt.

Pctek

Why? I already emailed you BEFORE I posted this. You didn't respond. As I said, it's a design flaw, so what are you going to do about it? Send me another pan or machine? Been there, done that.

Amy

Amysydney

Not worth the hype

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Hi Amy,
So sorry to hear. Hope you took the Breadmaker back if the blade was not sitting correctly and we will pass on your feedback to the team...

Laraine M

Laraine MSouth East Queensland, QLD

A bit disappointing

While I have had nothing but success with my machine, my son recently purchased one of his own. He has had more failures than successes & is very disappointed with the product. He has used the recipes in the included book as well as packaged mixes. He is going to return it for a refund as he is definitely not happy with it.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
misstcameron

misstcameronPerth, Western Australia

Good machine, not enough info in the booklet

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Hi misstcameron,
Look forward to hearing from you and our team will be happy to assist you with any troubleshooting issues....

Beekay

BeekayLogan

Not fit for purpose

Had mine for three days and three lots of bread with three fails. If the bread had turned out any heavier or harder I could have built a house from them. So a refund allowed me to get a good one and success first time. As an entry level bread machine I would never recommend it

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Martlark

Martlark

Inconsistent to the point of uselessness.

One in five times this machine gets things right. The other four times are random flops. Overflowing. Undercooking. Failure to rise. Brick like. You can't trust this thing to make any recipe consistently. Easier and cheaper to buy bread from Coles/Woolies. At least that is reliable. It's on a shelf in the garage now. Probably forever.

Pros:

Cheap

Cons:

Can't be relied upon.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Peter Hasked

I have just purchased a new sunbeam bm4500 bread maker, I have followed instructions as per the manual but for some reason the machine is not mixing the ingredients. I have persisted now 4 times giving me nothing but a hot mess each time.
A bread machine we purchased many years ago now, once you put all ingredients into machine and pushed start, it started mixing almost instantly.
Please can some help me out here?

Suzanne

Is the blade in the upright position and locked in? Sometimes you have to push it in place until you hear a click. Make sure when putting flour in it doesn't flop the blade back down flat. Dont be affraid when you have added ingredients to use a spoon/finger to check. Before my machine became useless i had a few issues with blade aswell

Raymond Streeton

Hello I have had a winner every loaf. I make a. mediam size loaf.
315 Ml water
1 Tbl spn Oil
1 ½ tsp salt
1 Tbl spn Sugar
1 Tbl Milk powder
212 g High Grade Flour
3 tsp Yeast.
We use Edmonds SUREBAKE yeast has a red top. I take chill off of water. It smashing Bread Maker

Peter H

Thank you Suzanne, I have ensured the blade has been upright and cooking pot is clicked in. I have heard a clicking sound after a short time maybe a couple of minutes, but only like 2 or 3 clicks at most.

David C.

David C.asked

My BM4500 is 6 weeks old. While making bread the paddle often comes off the spigot. I purchased a new paddle. Same result. Any solution please?

Ian W

Ian Wasked

The fruit dispenser inner door won’t lock up so unable to make fruit loaf etc as the fruit would drop straight into mix

Raymond Streeton

Hello Ian, I had the same problem too. It took a month. I wrote to local Sunbeam who forward to Sunbeam AU. Who wrote back telling me to contact my supplier and claim a replacement. On page 44 driver handbook 12 month replacement. Mine came like it. I wire door shut i then got a golden brown top as heat not going out little door. I think i have had my replacement 1 week now. On replacement is a little white clip. Which missing on first 1.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

CategoryBread Makers
Price (RRP) A$189.00
Max Loaf Size1 kg
FeaturesAutomatic Ingredients Dispenser, Gluten Free Setting, Keep Warm Function and Viewing Window
Preset Timer 15 hours