Sunbeam Compact Bakehouse BM2500

MPNs: 1286, BM2500 and SNB-BM2500

• Bread Quality & Consistency
trompfy

trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The easiest way to make bread

I purchased a Sunbeam BM2500 Compact Bakehouse 750g Breadmaker so I can make heaps of bread quickly and easily for breakfast and I can also make Pizza dough for Pizzas as well for my family and friends when I move into my own unit in March 2021. The staff were kind to me and the service was terrific because they organised somebody to deliver it the next day for me.

Purchased in February 2021 at Appliances Online for $89.00.

GlendaDepot Hill

Gluten Free bread making

Purchased in December 2020.

Eoghan

EoghanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent little machine

7 years of reliable service, used several times per week, often daily or more often. Very simple and easy to use and doesn't look bulky or industrial on the kitchen bench. It's compact and not too heavy: we've stored it in a lower cupboard, lifting onto the bench each time it's used and it's not a problem. Does everything it's supposed to do just fine. A very serviceable little workhorse.

Purchased for $85.00.

Colin A.Perth, WA

Very happy so far

Purchased in October 2020.

simba2609

simba2609Illawarra, NSW

Delivered today, can’t remove bread bin from machine 28/8/20

Cannot remove bread bin from machine which is new, delivered today. This appears to be a known issue. Am on the phone to customer service waiting on advice on suggestion. Machine is being returned to Sunbeam.

Purchased in August 2020 at Winning Appliances for $119.00.

Steve

SteveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does the job but beeping overnight an issue

Makes nice bread, stick to basic type of flour though. Love the French Bread with great crust and super soft inside. If you leave it to bake overnight, there are some irritating beeps that might wake you.

Purchased in May 2020 at Kogan.com for $119.00.

Gary JONES

Gary JONES

Very good product

Makes good bread. useful works fine. End of what I write at any time for any thing.

Purchased in April 2020.

Hello Gary JONES,
Thank you for the great review!

Emtedee

EmtedeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great bread shame about the chunk left in breadmaker

Its very easy to start the process - I did it while making toast this morning, but its a shame that the bread stuck to the paddle gets left behind when you remove the loaf. I get a really tasty multigrain loaf in 4 hours after about 3 minutes preparation time. See the picture for the bread lost when removing the loaf from the bread maker

Purchased in August 2016 for $300.00.

Jan P.

Jan P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very disappointed

I bought this machine less than 2 weeks ago and was using the Atkins bread mix. The first loaf was perfect. The second had an uneven rise but still had a great taste and texture. The third and fourth loaves did not bake at all and presented at the end of the cycle as sticky uncooked blob. We used the same setting but it does not seem to be heating up any more. Have gone back to the supplier to request a refund

Purchased in August 2019 for $99.00.

Hi Jan P,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam and for your feedback. We have passed this onto our product manager. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Find out how Sunbeam Compact Bakehouse BM2500 compares to other Bread Makers

Good bread, needed some tweaks to recipe

We bought this cheap on sale, and are happy with it. It's noisy, it's a bit big, and it has a super annoying raisin beep. Initially the bread was perfect every time, but after a few months, the bread became a little inconsistent. So we varied quantities a little (one ingredient at a time) and worked out a recipe that was consistent for us.

I'm happy enough with it, but when we run it at night all the doors to the kitchen have to be shut or a the bread kneading and beeping wakes me up. But, we got it cheap so I'm not complaining, and once we worked the recipe out, the bread is great.

Purchased in November 2018.

Hi Dale,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam and for the helpful hints on baking a great loaf!. If you need any more help please call us on 1300 881 861. Kind Regards, Sunbeam.

mollydookaPerth, WA

Just in time for Easter hot cross buns!!

Purchased in April 2019.

Hi mollydooka,
Thanks for the great review! Unfortunately we do not have any sugar free recipes in our book, as sugar is required for the activation process of the yeast. That is great you were able to make your own recipe!

Cam

CamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Makes Lovely Bread

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks so much for the fabulous feedback Cam!!

LollyRiverina

Excellent-been using for 12 months

No problems at all after 12 months heavy use-easy to use, compact and bakes a perfect loaf every time. Handy hint for first timers-when baking a white loaf with medium crust set an alarm clock and remove the paddle when there's 1.45 left on the breadmakers countdown after you hear the quick reshape of the dough, I use a clean wet hand to just reach under and twist and pull the paddle out then gently reshape the dough, you can work out the time to do that on all the different bread settings by using the timetables in the manual-it means that you don't leave a big hole in the bottom of the loaf by taking the paddle out after the bread is baked. Hope this helps!

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Lolly!! And for the tip on removing the paddle!!!

Lolly

You're welcome-thanks for making a great breadmaker :-)

SAbee

SAbeeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very loud noise

I am not sure if it's my recipes problem or what but I only used this machine couple of time and only less than 50% of the time the bread turn out ok. I used it to mix dough after that, as the bread I made was always too hard. To be fair it might be just my recipe problem....I don't know. But the noise it makes during the dough mixing is so loud that we can't have it program to delay (make it overnight) as it could wake the whole family up in the middle of the night!
Instead I used it to make dough and proof the dough and that turns out alright.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Jenn

JennAustralia

Easy to use, convenient.

It is a really good product with reasonable and affordable price, it saved me a lot of time and effort on baking, the function is simple to understand and use, I have been using it for more than 2 years. Only one problem, the bottom of the container leaks after using for a while, but I think this is ok.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Its Ok..

I have always tried to follow recipe measure for measure. The machine is easy enough to use.
I particularly wanted to bake my own bread to save on the cost of buying Gluten Free bread. I have never had a positive result. For this reason i haven't used the machine often, however now the Crust button has stopped working.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Trudy

TrudySouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use

Bought this bread maker and have used it nonstop ever since. Only problem I've had is the top of the loaf sinking after baking. Although I've troubleshooted this it is still occurring. Unknown why as I have been using exact measurements. This however does not affect the taste of the loaf. Very easy to use. Would be great to have a doughnut dough recipe though!

Date PurchasedOct 2016
regular

regularNSW, 2023

Could use a better cup and spoon

Date PurchasedJan 2015
bigalgeorge

bigalgeorgeWaihi Beach

Possibly best value bread maker, with some issues.

Jill

JillAdeliade

This is excellent.

This breadmaker makes perfect small or large loaves which are very crusrty. That is how I like my bread. I usually make my bread with walnuts, pepitas, sunflower seeds kibbled rye and whole linseed and as I don't measure just put in what I think, I sometimes put a little too much and the bottom crust ends up covered but that is delicious.

Lisa

Lisaasked

I am wanting to know measurements of the compact bread maker and what voltage/watts it is please

Customer SupportSunbeam

Hi Lisa,
Attached is all the information you have requested for the BM2500 https://www.sunbeam.com.au/kitchen-and-home/cooking/bread-makers/compact-bakehouse-750g-bread-maker

Lea

Leaasked

Hi, first time tried the gluten free recipe and it was a mixed bag - didn't rise at all. Tried make a plain wholemeal recipe today and the machine isn't kneading even though the timer is running. Could you please help? I've reset and restarted a few times, checked the blade and connection and everything seems fine.

Customer SupportSunbeam

Hi Lea,
I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via that please.

Ann Carterasked

I’ve used my new sunbeam bake house compact BM2500 model bread maker for a couple of weeks and most times the paddle sticks to the base and I’m left with a large hole in the bottom of the loaf. Am I doing something wrong? Help!

Glenda

Sadly you will be left with a hole in the base of the bread but usually you can tap the paddle and it comes away without taking the bread with it so the hole is minimal.
When tipping the bread out the paddle does come with it, perhaps jiggle the paddle a little first to release it.
Hope this helps.

Ann,
EVERYBODY has trouble with this. Its unavoidable with bread makers. I followed someone else's tip and at the end of the last "kneed" cycle I use clean wet hands to dig down under the dough and remove the paddle. Its a bit messy but you then pat down the moist dough into the tub and it will rise ok again. What you are left with in the finished bread is a small hole from the spindle.
using the normal No 1 setting on medium crust the time to remove is 1hr 45mins to go to finish.

At that time you will hear a short kneed and then do it.

My biggest problem these days when using 'non standard' packs of bread mix is the dough rising up too high and sticking to the underside of the lid. Make sure you only use 500g mix of flour and not too much yeast or warm water.
Alternatively you can remove the dough and put it in a bread tin to rise and then bake in the oven.

hope this helps

Thanks for the info Colin, I will try that

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

CategoryBread Makers
Max Loaf Size750 kg
FeaturesGluten Free Setting, Jam & Compote Mode, Keep Warm Function and Viewing Window
Preset Timer 13 hours