Sunbeam Compact Bakehouse BM2500

MPN: SNB-BM2500

Jan P.

Jan P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very disappointed

I bought this machine less than 2 weeks ago and was using the Atkins bread mix. The first loaf was perfect. The second had an uneven rise but still had a great taste and texture. The third and fourth loaves did not bake at all and presented at the end of the cycle as sticky uncooked blob. We used the same setting but it does not seem to be heating up any more. Have gone back to the supplier to request a refund

Purchased in August 2019 for $99.00.

Hi Jan P,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam and for your feedback. We have passed this onto our product manager. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Good bread, needed some tweaks to recipe

We bought this cheap on sale, and are happy with it. It's noisy, it's a bit big, and it has a super annoying raisin beep. Initially the bread was perfect every time, but after a few months, the bread became a little inconsistent. So we varied quantities a little (one ingredient at a time) and worked out a recipe that was consistent for us.

I'm happy enough with it, but when we run it at night all the doors to the kitchen have to be shut or a the bread kneading and beeping wakes me up. But, we got it cheap so I'm not complaining, and once we worked the recipe out, the bread is great.

Purchased in November 2018.

Noise Level
Bread Quality & Consistency

Hi Dale,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam and for the helpful hints on baking a great loaf!. If you need any more help please call us on 1300 881 861. Kind Regards, Sunbeam.

mollydookaPerth, WA

Just in time for Easter hot cross buns!!

Purchased in April 2019.

Noise Level
Bread Quality & Consistency

Hi mollydooka,
Thanks for the great review! Unfortunately we do not have any sugar free recipes in our book, as sugar is required for the activation process of the yeast. That is great you were able to make your own recipe!

Cam

CamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Makes Lovely Bread

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks so much for the fabulous feedback Cam!!

LollyRiverina

Excellent-been using for 12 months

No problems at all after 12 months heavy use-easy to use, compact and bakes a perfect loaf every time. Handy hint for first timers-when baking a white loaf with medium crust set an alarm clock and remove the paddle when there's 1.45 left on the breadmakers countdown after you hear the quick reshape of the dough, I use a clean wet hand to just reach under and twist and pull the paddle out then gently reshape the dough, you can work out the time to do that on all the different bread settings by using the timetables in the manual-it means that you don't leave a big hole in the bottom of the loaf by taking the paddle out after the bread is baked. Hope this helps!

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Lolly!! And for the tip on removing the paddle!!!

Lolly

You're welcome-thanks for making a great breadmaker :-)

SAbee

SAbeeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very loud noise

I am not sure if it's my recipes problem or what but I only used this machine couple of time and only less than 50% of the time the bread turn out ok. I used it to mix dough after that, as the bread I made was always too hard. To be fair it might be just my recipe problem....I don't know. But the noise it makes during the dough mixing is so loud that we can't have it program to delay (make it overnight) as it could wake the whole family up in the middle of the night!
Instead I used it to make dough and proof the dough and that turns out alright.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Jenn

JennAustralia

Easy to use, convenient.

It is a really good product with reasonable and affordable price, it saved me a lot of time and effort on baking, the function is simple to understand and use, I have been using it for more than 2 years. Only one problem, the bottom of the container leaks after using for a while, but I think this is ok.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Its Ok..

I have always tried to follow recipe measure for measure. The machine is easy enough to use.
I particularly wanted to bake my own bread to save on the cost of buying Gluten Free bread. I have never had a positive result. For this reason i haven't used the machine often, however now the Crust button has stopped working.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Trudy

TrudySouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use

Bought this bread maker and have used it nonstop ever since. Only problem I've had is the top of the loaf sinking after baking. Although I've troubleshooted this it is still occurring. Unknown why as I have been using exact measurements. This however does not affect the taste of the loaf. Very easy to use. Would be great to have a doughnut dough recipe though!

Date PurchasedOct 2016
regular

regularNSW, 2023

Could use a better cup and spoon

Date PurchasedJan 2015

bigalgeorge

bigalgeorgeWaihi Beach

Possibly best value bread maker, with some issues.

Jill

JillAdeliade

This is excellent.

This breadmaker makes perfect small or large loaves which are very crusrty. That is how I like my bread. I usually make my bread with walnuts, pepitas, sunflower seeds kibbled rye and whole linseed and as I don't measure just put in what I think, I sometimes put a little too much and the bottom crust ends up covered but that is delicious.

Marion

MarionPutaruru

The paddle

After 12 months the paddle sticks in the bread and does`nt come out cleanly . I have tried canola spray and oiling the paddle any ideas please otherwise very satisfied with the bread maker

Love my machine, but...

I like my Sunbeam Quantum Smartbake very much. I've had it about two years and use it quite a bit - not every day, but three or four times a week. It has always performed well until two nights ago, when it woke me with a huge noise. The pan had jumped out of position and was rattling around inside the machine. I pushed it back several times, but it repeatedly jumped out. The finished loaf was lovely, as usual, but only because I manually held the pan down in position in the machine. I am in the process of making another loaf, and the same thing is happening. I have held the pan in position whilst it goes through the mixing process, and am leaving it whilst it rises the dough.
Have you any suggestions as to how we can fix the problem?

Johnbouy

JohnbouyCorlette

Blew up first use

I've been making bred the manual way with my Sunbeam mixmaster (20 years old). Decided to try to automate this with the BM2500. First use part way through my first loaf heard a pop sound and saw smoke coming from machine. Appliances online are replacing it but I notice they have stopped carrying this model. Maybe a subtle message there. Will try replacement but if it fails I'll go back to manual process.
Cheap
Blew up

mrmixem

mrmixemACT, 2617

Simple and effective

I bought this based on the reviews here and it has not let me down. It's easy to use, makes great bread and is nice & compact too. There are pre-mix packets of bead mix available at Woolies for $1.49 and they make great loaves. Starting to experiment too with Almond meal and other additives to enhance flavour. It's not too loud and for the $ there wouldnt be a better breadmaker out there
Compact, easy to use, makes great bread
Can be a bit hard to take the loaf out after cooking as it gets stuck on the mixer

Jo.

Jo.

Great breadmaker

Vinnie06

Vinnie06ADELAIDE

Great for couples

LadyOfThree

LadyOfThreeQLD, 4570

A great bread maker - but stick to bread.

We bought this breadmaker in december 2011. We started using it right away, but found that "bread flour" resulted in flat breads, so we swapped over to just regular flour. This right away gave us lovely fluffy breads. If you follow the recipes that come with the bread maker and use regular flour, the sour dough bread comes out absolutely perfect. However , over many many recipes, we have not been able to find a recipe that rises, They all end up flat and hard.
easy for bread and good recipes
not much, but cakes are hard.

jushaw

jushawAU

OK except for the book that comes with it!

I purchased this in March this year and it makes an OK loaf (my previous Breville was better). However, the accompanying booklet indicates you can make a 1 kg. loaf as well as the 750 g. one. I doubted this but tried one yesterday. It's far too big for the machine and made an almighty mess which took ages to clean up. It would seem that they don't check their recipes. I would not buy this again. Also, a foot was missing when purchased and the one they sent in response to a request from the shop was the wrong one.
OK loaf.
The booklet which came with it.

Jane J.

Jane J.asked

Used my breadmaker for the first time today. Could see the bread had risen and formed at nice top. Next time I checked the dough had exploded inside. Why would this be? Used recommended quantities on box for making the Laucke Sour Dough bread.

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Jane J.
This could happen from a number of things, making bread is a trail and error kind of business. Yes, we do provide a guide but practice and feel will always win over following the steps to a T. Have a read of the below and see which one could be the reason for your situation.

1. When the dough has too much moisture in it, it can create extra steam inside the bread which will add to the pressure already build by the gases released by the yeast. All this pressure will cause your bread to burst and not release evenly from the slashes in your bread.
2. The loaf bursts due to pressure building up after the crust hardened. You can try to fix it by scoring the bread, which allows air to escape just enough where it wont burst. Slashing or scoring your bread is basically giving your bread a chimney or ventilation. However, make sure you don't wait too long between slashing the dough and putting it in the oven. Waiting too long can make this ventilation close up, putting you and your bread in square one.
Also, make sure you slash the top deep enough. A good 3/4 inch deep is probably advised.

You can find more helpful tips here: https://thebreadguide.com/bursting-or-splitting/

Ilona C.

Ilona C.asked

Does the Sunbeam Bakehouse Compact use a lot of energy?

mollydooka

It uses 410-450W. I used a SA government appliance running cost estimator (I'm in WA, found it online), and used the following fields:
Cost of electricity: 28c per kWh (yours may be different, check your power bill).
Power rating: 450
Usage per day: 2 hours (based on using it 4 times a week for 3.5 hours each time)
Calculator comes up with---
Daily running costs: $0.25 (or in my case, 44c per loaf of bread)
Quarterly running costs: $22.93

Still pretty cheap for your own artisan bread, I really like the Sunbeam Compact Bakehouse, and bear in mind that if you decide to just keep buying expensive bread from your local gourmet baker, the cost of the power to bake it has already been factored into the price.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi mollydooka, the wattage is 450 watts. This is comparably low compared to say a toaster or kettle that may be 2000 or 2400 watts.

mollydooka

Thanks for replying, but my answer was a response, not a question. See question above from Ilona C.
My statement that it uses "410-450W" is taken from the back of the machine, where the label shows "410-450W".
I know that it's "comparably low", that's not what Ilona C. was asking. Please see her question and my full response, cheers.

GAYELL GLEW

GAYELL GLEWasked

I am trying to purchase a Sunbeam BM2500 with the Pink trim that is coming up on sites but I was given a plain white one. Is the pink trim still available?

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Gayell. This doesn't come in pink. I think it's an error with the picture on the site you are looking at. The colouring is slightly off.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives