MPN: FA7450

Was happy until it developed a dreadful rattle

At first I was very happy with this purchase. Good output and was operating quietly. Love the remote and other options. But after two months it developed an intermittent rattle which is now there more often than not. I paid $120 for this fan and expected much better.

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys Physical store for $120.00.

Noise Level
Power
Hi Lyn v R, Thank you for your feedback and sorry to hear of this. Please return to the store of purchase.

quiet efficiency

very happy with the output of this fan, it has a low noise level, easy to use with a good remote. the fan is unobtrusive and effective and easy to move around

Purchased in February 2019 at David Jones Retail Stores for $119.00.

Noise Level
Power
Hi Wayne M, Thanks for the great feedback.

Good Fan

Much quieter than regular blade fans. Lowest power setting is sending adequate enough air for medium sized room with oscillator on. Highest setting is noticeably louder. Buttons and remote easy to use. Only slight issue is tower frame itself tends to lean a bit on one side due to weight. Had to put a couple of adhesive rubber stoppers underneath base to level it out a bit. Other than that fan works well and noise isn't distracting. The only thing with tower fans they have narrower area of coverage if you are not using oscillating feature. You need to sit directly in line with it to feel breeze if oscillator is switched off.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Thank you for the great review Monty!

Very good performer

No problems at all. Quiet and powerful. Bought at Good Guys. Good price. Doesn't take up much space. Has remote. Really good performer doesn't seem to attract too much dust which is good. All in all I'm very happy with size, performance and reliability. No issues and happy with purchase. Recommended.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

a great fan.

i sleep with the fan on lowest of 3 settings and it is Great!!!! i love it, sooo good, really only good or 1 person though, if you oscillate and are just sitting it would be ok for 2-3 people, fan is quiet and keeps me super cool(i need the fan even in winter), great price

Date PurchasedDec 2017

A good fan with decent power

I bought this fan with the intention of direct cool air in my room for the hot summer days. The three speeds allows a choice in power. The lowest speed is actually quite quiet and does a decent job, and the highest speed isn’t overly loud. However I’m somebody who isn’t too affected by noises so if you are, there’s an obvious noise but in my opinion, it’s not offensive.

The oscillating feature is good when you don’t want the air to always directly hit you. I also find the whole fan does not heat up even when you’ve had it on for hours. It also comes with a remote control which is easy to use and is convenient.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Could be a bit taller

Fan’s power and output is really good no doubt with that. Fan is not very loud either in fact it kind of works as a white noise for our 11 months old. The only thing i will say it would’ve been so much better if its height was adjustable, only if it went up/down to adjust with the bed height. We keep an ottoman/table under it for it to reach us better. Good if you are sitting/lying on the ground. Also coz its lean it doesnt cover much area as compared to round fans.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

This fan is great

Finally a fan that keeps me cool in the Qld heat.
So cool in fact that it works much better as the portable air conditioner I had before.
Easy to move around with the handle. And very quiet at night time mode. Looks stylish as well.
Highly recommend this fan.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Neat fan that does its job

Although this fan doesn't have any innovative functions (as expected at its price), it is a fan that does its job. If you are looking for a simple fan that has minimal functions (can oscillate and has a 'wind' function, preset time, 3 wind speeds), then this is it! I have used it over the Summer and it hasn't let me down so far.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Love this fan

I too bought this fan today from the good guys. I'm so happy with the functionality, and style. The airflow and oscillating is perfect and not too noisy. Assembly was easy, though confused at first by the instruction to attach the silicone feet, I soon realised they were already attached. I would definitely recommend this fan.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Excellent fan.

The fan's output is excellent, it is quiet and has a good number of functions such as oscillating, wind function and three speed setting. The remote also works well. We haven't had it for long, but so far we haven't had any problems and we are very happy with the fan.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Confused - and a little frustrated

I bought this fan tonight right as the Good Guys were closing up for the day. We are in a heat wave, and I'm desperate for a good nights sleep.

I assembled it as soon as I got in the door. Was a bit tricky, because the final step to assembly says to attach the 4 silicon feet provided to the base.

What 4 feet? There is nothing in the box but a remote, and the unit itself. The instructions do not include a list of contents, or pictures of contents - -and neither does the box!

Oh so frustrating! Can't use it, as it's not steady enough to stand up - so it's another uncomfortable night for me. Not to mention having to go back to the store, or call sunbeam to sort it out.

:-(

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Terrible Fan And Electrically Unsafe

This fan is very under powered but most concerning is our fan produces an electric shock from the plug after having been powered on for a while!
Also makes a loud and annoying beep whenever any mode is changed, which is not good for operation at night when people are sleeping.

Hi Josh, Apologies for the issues you have experienced with your fan. As we have never had an incident whereby a customer received a shock from the fan, we are eager to have this one returned for testing and compensate you under the terms of the warranty. Please contact us on 1300 881 861 and we will organise this for you. Kind Regards, Sunbeam CS

Quiet and easy to use

We bought two Sunbeam tower fans that a good product and quiet. We have no problem to turn on the fan going to sleep. Not too noise. It is a nice product that I will recommend.

Sounds like a small plane taking off..

Does what it's designed for.
But we have this in our sons room and we wondered why he wasn't sleeping.
We put a different fan in his room that doesn't sound like a car crash, and perfect..
So it's a good fan if your deaf.

Sunbeam Summit tower fan

The Sunbeam tower fan we bought came very promptly and was exactly what we wanted, it had very minimal simple assembly when it arrived, it was well packaged in it's original box with a user manual which was written in easy to understand English, The supplied remote works well with all functions of the main switches on the tower,
We like the remote fucntion, also the Ionizer functon, Height level of the air flow
The Digital display on the Tempreture readout is faulty with a full display only showing intermittently, the centre of the numbers do not light up.