Sunbeam NutriOven CO3000

Sunbeam NutriOven CO3000

MPN: SCO3000

Good...but

First time use. Roast chicken and vegies. Followed the roasting instructions to the letter. After about 30 minutes the chicken was almost burnt. Turned it down to 150 for the remainder of the recommended time for a 1.8kg chicken. Vegies were perfect after the last 40 minutes. Had I not turned it down it would have been charcoal chicken...literally.

Purchased for $100.00.

Hi Gary, Thank you for your feedback. When pre-heated for approx 10 minutes at 250 degrees we suggest to then turn down to 180 -200 degrees. Sometimes it may need to be lowered again. If you have any further issues please call us on 1300 881 861

dangerous bomb

Recently purchased one of these cookers ( 4 months ago) at first we loved it but last night while cooking a roast it literally exploded like a grenade showering glass all over the kitchen. My wife was stand close and a piece of glass hit her hand and cut to her finger. also the $35.00 roast was ruined.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Bondy. So sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced with your CO3000. Please call us on 1300 881 861 so that we can further assist you. Alternatively, please send us a private message with your contact details.

Absolutely great IF you Ignore cooking time and temperature guidelines!

Just fabulous!!! Great for two people, easy cleaning, faster than conventional oven. Very good for bacon (use lower shelf at 180 degrees) and superb for chicken and roast vegs. My advice would be to experiment! Don't follow cooking time advice as recommended temps are way too high. Use conventional oven times. Browning is superb. Best part is you can look and see how it is cooking. Love the easy cleaning and the speed.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Deborah W, great to see you are enjoying the oven. Thanks for the great review!!

The best thing I have bought and inexpensive too.

This is one of the best appliances to have in your kitchen, had mine over 12 months now and is used regularly, easy to clean and all markings are still on control knob, just wipe gently with damp cloth. We love the Pork Roasts especially the crackle, I mainly use to cook all the roasts now, husband never complains about a roast during the week as only takes an hour and just place vegetables in my oven, so quick and easy. Steaks are a breeze and Pork Belly so yummo.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Sue, We couldn't have said better, thank you for reviewing our oven!!!

Great little oven

Finally got fed up with the wall oven with large electricity bills, too hot and a pain to clean. The nutrioven is perfect for the two of us! Easy to use & clean. My only beef is the warm up light doesn't turn off and the controls could be better highlighted. Also its a shame there isn't a replacement product for the extension ring for additional height!
Edit: the warm up light is working! Have used the oven a few times now and am loving it!

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Disappointed

Just got the oven, and was assured anything you baked in the oven you could bake in this appliance. Baked a fruit cake. Took twice as long and had a stodgy bottom. Was very disappointed as it was a Christmas cake as a present for an elderly friend. It was cooked in a conventional tin at the recommended temp.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Learning and enjoying

Have had my nutrioven for only 5 days. Used it to bake a cake, did some frozen savoury pastries and a pork shank, chicken drumsticks with veges = don’t overcook.
All turned out well, but would have been perfect if taken out sooner.
Crackling = YUMMMMMM
Definitely love it and looking forward to more successes.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Thanks for the great review CookingTime!Have recommended to friends who have purchased and are loving the NutriOven. Enjoying experimenting and learning experience - eg foil is your friend when baking.

Terrible design

First time i have used it, holes in handle trap food, and a hassle to clean out, no visible marking on knob so you can be out by 180 degrees,how much would a line of black or red ink have cost?. mine never got to 250 after half an hour i shoved in the chicken breast pulled it out after 20 minutes, it was brown looked good but was dried out, one of the rubber feet came out, not impressed by it, only good thing is it is easier than the oven to clean

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi noel, Sorry to hear you are not happy with the oven, it normally is one of the favourite Sunbeam products. If it does not seam to be reaching the temperature maybe consider returning to store as I have seen this oven cook an absolutely fabulous roast chicken time and time again.after about 10 uses all the markings,eg temp, time, menu and name have worn off. l can understand why they would not lke their name on such a product. does a nice pork crackling though

Energy saver. Dont burn your food

My partner burns everything. So simple to use. Was using a convection oven. Then I saw the $1200 electricity bill. And went back to old fashion cooking. Small device less energy. Bought it about 4 years ago. Decided to take it out any finally use it. ... .... .... bbb

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Small but handy and easy to clean

Very happy with heating and evenness of cooking. It is so easy to clean and use and convenient for heating frozen food. It makes a terrific roast, though its size is an issue - a full leg of lamb would not fit. We are a three adult household and it is only barely large enough for us. It is a perfect size for a couple, though.
I've not needed to use the recipes in the included booklet as I already know how to cook using a convection oven - but I did notice that some of the recommended times in the recipes provided are excessive and would overcook the food.
My main problem with this appliance after a few months' use is that the temperature and timer markings are printed instead of embossed onto the plastic lid, and the print is already starting to disappear. I wonder how I am going to manage in the future with no markings for the dials.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Sharon, sorry to hear this, it definitely something I will pass on here, thanks for the valuable feedback..thanks but I think you should make available heatproof stickers with dial markers for people who are experiencing this problem with the printing. It just smears off after a while, only cleaning with a damp sponge. Mine's almost all gone and I've gone around with a permanent texta and put dots around the dials, but can't do anything about the missing numbers. I see I'm not the only person to have reported this issue, see for example Barb in July 2017. I would revise my rating of this appliance but can't edit it now.

Just Died, But I'm Getting Another One

I don't remember when I bought and started using this oven, could be ten years ago. We use it at least three times a week and it is great for three people. It is fast, food cooks well, great veges, easy to clean etc. Bearings went about three years ago but still persisted until now. It is a bargain compared to my Kleenmaid oven which has cost me the equivalent of four of these units in the same period just in repairs. I'm going to buy another one.

Date PurchasedJul 2008
Hi Trevor, the NutriOven is a great unit and is known to do a mean roast chicken and great crackly pork. Glad you are happy with it, thanks for the great review!!!!

Best Pork Crackle

Had mine for 2 years now and still going strong. Chicken,Lamb pork roasts all fantastic and to let the meat juices drip onto the veggies just makes it better. Can cook a medium pork chop and get crackle, now thats a bonus. Havn't tried a cake yet but will do. Totally happy.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Hi Cappo, great review, the crackle sounds yum!!!

the machine was broken down

Hi there!
I have a problem with the oven. it is because I bought it for 03-2016(2 years ago), but I had moved the house so I left it into the another and have not used yet. So the first time I used it 3 months ago( 3/2018) amd it was working well.But the second time was so bad, The timer is still working, but the degree was not. I do not know what was happenning. Even the grill is still very new.
I know it is more than 1 year so I can not return it back.
But I do not understand why It was happen like that!
Can you please give me some idea about it.?.?

Cathy

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Hey Cathy ....thanks for the feedback.....we feel that our team can probably run through a few things with you to assist.....Are you able to give us a quick call on 1300 881 861 please.

Works Unreal

Received this as a birthday present from my parents.I love it very easy to clean. Cooks a Roast Lamb or Beef to perfection. Also doesn’t take up too much room on the bench. I am yet to cook a cake or biscuits in it but besides that I definitely recommend this product.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
HI Ferrett, yes so many people luuuvvv this oven! I've heard the roast chicken is a stunner as well. Thanks for the great feedback

Very Happy

Does exactly what it states and does so very well. I love doing roast with all the roasted vegies in it, sooo good. My oven did not come with an extender ring which is no longer available due to some burn issues when in use. I can understand the need for consumer safety. Still a great oven for couples or an extra family oven.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Minn, thanks so much for the great review. As advised below, unfortunately we can no longer supply the extension ring as Product Safety Australia passed some new regulations in relation to the surface temperature of products. The metal extender ring fell short of the required standards so Sunbeam had to omit it from all future manufacturing. Contrary to what you were told earlier, there weren't actually any reports of burns, Sunbeam simply had to abide by the new regulation.Thanks for the update.

Bubbles in the glass bowl

Have had one for 18 months- Lucky A? The cracking bowls- these things are made to a price- not to a standard- look at your bowls- they have bubbles in the glass- they can't be "pyrex-"- i saw that in mine when i bought it- and wondered if this may be an issue. i mean- 78.00 i see them advertised on the coast- i paid 120 remotely, and man how can we expect 10 years from 78.00?...My issue is with the switch, however, and am trawling through how other folk are faring ....R

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi Russell J, thanks for the review and feedback. What exactly is wrong with your switch?Fixed it- searched the net for help- got none- really- so pulled it apart very carefully- found the mechanism whereby the switch- on off timer-activated switch- and the stainless metal "bar" that activates it was slightly pushed out of reach of the activating elbow- so put some curve in it so that it should work- and painstakingly re-assembled the unit- and wow- success-hint= lay out all the screws and bits methodically, and don't touch it if you are not handy! RWow Russell J - maybe you should be working for Sunbeam!! But, as you said, we would always advise against this unless the individual is a licensed technician or electrician.

Poor customer service and inferior product

We were gifted the oven back in January 2018.

Things were going great until the glass bowl cracked in half during the cooking process spoiling our food....hmm.

Now onto the customer service, when we explained the situation we were advised that we would need to track down the receipt from the person who gifted us the oven in order for them to review our request.

Having tried to explain that this would be problematic given I was a gift we were advised that sorry we can’t help you.

I appreciate that this is their policy but given that the product did something that it really shouldn’t do you would thing that they would be more resonable.

We didn’t ask for a new oven just for them to look into the glass cracking and see if we could have the bowl replaced.

All we were told is we can give you the details of our service department to order a replacement at your cost and that it won’t be available til May.

No sorry that shouldn’t happen and let us at least look into it for you.

Thankyou Sunbeam for not much help.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Usually amazing

I love it but this is my 3rd one now (first one melted upon first use.was replaced under warranty. ) 2rd one has been gong for years until last week... it stoped altogether. 3rd one purchased today..... it’s stopped working. No fan or anything...slightly crazed because roast lamb now has to go In the oven. House will be hot. Off to Harvey. Norman on Monday to replace this one.
Really happy with the one that worked.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Delicious roast meals !

We are very happy with our Sunbeam NutriOven. Our wall oven went on the fritz so we went to The Good Guys to look for a small bench top oven to get by with temporarily, and we purchased the NutriOven. Our first cooking attempt was a roast leg of lamb with potatoes, pumpkin & carrots and it turned out perfectly. The meat & veg were absolutely delicious and perfectly cooked. We have also done many roast chicken & pork meals which were also spot on. It also does a great pizza and loaded corn chips are delicious in the NutriOven.

Update:- 2/06/2018 Hi again , so happy to report that our NutriOven is still operating perfectly and we still enjoying delicious meals. We are using the NutriOven way more than the wall oven now . No fat cooking has resulted in my cholesterol levels being perfect , and my doctor says she is going buy one too. My wife has also been doing casseroles , fish and chips and a yummy potato top lamb pie . Muffins are also great in the NutriOven .

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Does the job

My mum purchased this for me as a Christmas present when I was living in a unit with a terrible oven and this helped so much with making meals. Easy to use and cooks things perfectly, just not the easiest to set up, clean and dismantle. Would recommend for anyone in a similar situation

Date PurchasedDec 2016