MPN: SEC1300

Cooks Eggs Perfectly.

I’ve had my eyes on buying one of these automatic egg cookers for a while now & finally decided to buy the Sunbeam brand because I have had many kitchen appliances from Sunbeam over the years.

This was advertised on sale at the Harvey Norman stores & I couldn't resist purchasing one any longer. And I’m happy that I did. ⠀

To cook boiled eggs with the Sunbeam Poach & Boil, you add the water using the included measuring cup, & fill the water to the appropriate level for: Soft, Medium or Hard boiled eggs.

I have cooked boiled eggs and also poached eggs with this appliance & they also were cooked perfectly.

Likes:
Quick & easy to cook boiled eggs etc.
Ready bell buzzer.
Cooks up to 6 boiled eggs at a time.
Small & compact. Small enough to leave on the kitchen bench or store in a small kitchen cupboard space.
Non-stick water heating surface, makes cleaning simple.
The additional bonus items included.

Dislikes:
Does not have an auto switch off, when the water has completely evaporated. For this reason, you have to be mindful of keeping watch of this appliance so that it doesn’t boil dry if left unattended.
So I suggest making sure that you use the buzzer option.
Unsure if not having an auto off switch included could pose a fire or safety issue in the home due to the heating element being on unattended or not.
I am not willing to risk testing this out unattended.
I would hope that Sunbeam will include an auto off option in any future newer versions.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $39.00.

Hi Jo Bevan, Thanks for the great review. Your feedback is also welcomed and I have passed this to out product team for consideration.Thank you.

It's a shame its build quality isn't as high as its cooking quality

This is a good egg boiler, though after a while the gray plastic support for boiling the eggs has broken in serveral places.Superglue doesn't help. I'm havent bothered with trying to clean its hot plate without scratching it. Adding an auto off when the timer's up would be nice too, instad of the loud buzzer on it. I don't use the buzzer, but the timer on my microwave - set for 11 mins for boiled eggs.

Purchased in August 2017 for $50.00.

Hi gregm, Thank for your review. Sorry to hear about your experience with your egg boiler. I will be sure to pass your feedback to our development and technology teams.

Why did you mess with perfection??

I totally agree with Dinky.. My husband & I had the old sunbeam one forever. we thought we'd stay with a trusted brand... What a SHAM!! The newer version is TERRIBLY DESIGNED. I've burnt myself a dozen times trying to extract the poached eggs now I use it awkwardly with tongs.
VERY DISAPPOINTED!!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Great product. Good value and simple to use.

I brought this a couple of months ago and it's great.So easy that even my husband and young son can use it. It poaches eggs with perfect gooey centres and you can take your choice of hard, medium or soft boiled eggs.The timer is great as you don't have to guess how long before you take the eggs out.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Sandi, great to hear you like the Poach n Boil, it makes it so easy.....thanks for the review

A better way for boiled eggs

I wanted to buy this egg cooker for a long time and finally pulled the pin when I got the store credit from good guys.
I decided to buy this over another brand only because of the good reviews online, and it is proven true with my first use of this brilliant design.
I am regularly using it since my first day of use and never had any trouble so far. You just need to follow the measuring cup markings for each type of egg cooking required. I found it is a very good investment and a beautiful addition to my kitchen.
The image of it looks big in websites but the cooker is pretty small .

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi AJC, Glad you are enjoying using the EC1300, thanks for the review...

The best

I love this egg cooker this is my second one Just bought a month ago, the original one lasted 8 years . They cook pouched eggs to perfection and I also use it as a mini steamer as well when I just want a few Dumplings or Thai fishcakes. I use this cooker at least 5 times a week

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Kath, thanks for the fantastic review.

Stupidest thing I ever owned

The old metal & one that was my father's was perfect. It had water levels in the lid and it cooked just right every time. This new plastic one is useless. Never get the result we want no matter how we adjust the water level. Very disappointed and will be looking for another better designed one. Hate it.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Dinky, Sorry to hear you are not happy with the Poach & Boil, we very rarely get that with this one. Could be something not quite right with yours so as it is under warranty please return to store.

Would get higher rating but....

I bought this egg cooker almost a year ago. Has been great. Perfect eggs. Steamed veggies. But the numbers on the measuring cup are disappearing. So I can't do half the functions that this cooker does. And can barely see the numbers to do the other functions. So without these numbers this cooker is unusable.
I contacted Sunbeam via facebook. They answered with a part number and website to go to and get another measuring cup. Not the customer service I was expecting. Thought they would say sorry let us send you another. Or let me get the water measurements in mls for you.
The problem is these numbers are decals stuck on the cup and not indented into the cup as other measuring cups I have. So I am supposed to source a replacement (cost unknow) for it only to last another 11 months?
I see on previous reviews that others have experienced similar. The device works perfectly but is useless without the correct amount of water.
I also notice that with previous reviews that Sunbeam has ceased to respond to comments since 2016.
I am glad that I only bought a $35 device from Sunbeam. I definitely will not consider this product again. And when considering other products will stear clear of the Sunbeam name.
Disappointing.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Shell - Sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing. Please contact our customer care team again with your proof of purchase and we would be happy to replace this for you free of charge.The measuring cup you mean?Have had further communications with Sunbeam. Seems they are happy to replace the whole appliance rather than send me a new measuring cup! The actual egg cooker works. I could use it if I could use the correct amount of water as indicated on the measuring cup. So a working appliance to landfill? Wow!

Eggs to a perfection

I’ve used my egg poacher and it turned out perfect
It’s fantastic no guessing the machine does it all
I set it to soft and it was just perfect
I’m impressed with my purchase
Service was great, they did what they promised
I will buy from there again
I’m really impressed

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Best product I’ve purchased

Mine must be faulty

It seemed to work well for a few times, then every time I use it since, it just ends up in a big mess of bubbles and slosh. The eggs seem to leak into the water and the soupy mess that eventuates is just not worth using it. Gunk gets coated on the lid and it's just a mess. Unfortunately I just pushed it to the back of the cupboard when I should of found my receipt and swapped it over. I think I might try the Kmart one. I only bought this one as it could do poached eggs. All the other reviews sound quite good so I think mine was just a dud.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great little machine !!!!

I went and bought this machine so that I could cook poached eggs..........well it can do much more !!!! Each day I steam my veges for lunch. They come out perfectly. (eg carrots, corn cobbettes, asparagus, pumpkin, beans etc) It is not advisable to do potatoes though.
The other day my husband steamed a piece of chicken for lunch. You have to wrap the chicken in foil first and place on the white rack.
Perfect !!!!! The only down fall would be the numbers wearing off the measuring cup. It I a good idea to work out the measurements for your day to day steaming / boiling and write it down before the writing wears off the side. The buzzer is fairly loud but is great.
Try one and see for your self ..........GREAT LITTLE MACHINE as I said !

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great, works perfectly

After ruining so many eggs , I decided to buy a proper egg poacher / boiler. This is brilliant. Perfect soft boiled eggs just the way I like them. The buzzer goes off loudly so I can hear when they are ready and the water measuring cup makes it a breeze. Highly recommended for those who cant boil an egg ha ha

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Works brilliantly

Choose to buy your product from a retailer and not the company's website. The company has used ambiguous language in describing the item for sale, in particular "five bonus items". Well that is not correct, the items are not bonus or extra, because the cooker doesn't perform without the items. We have had several of these beauties over the last five to eight years and in only one case has the unit packed it in, always it has been the egg rack. I purchased the last unit from the company's website believing I would receive five bonus items, bonus equals extra, doesn't it? Not in this case. I would have been better off going to the local retailer, paid the same money, had the unit that day and not paid postage. Will we buy another in the future, yes, most definitely, but from the local retailer.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Hazard if it doesn't work properly

Like previous reviewer, on first use buzzer did not go off, checked it after the approximate time it was meant to sound to find the tray had melted, and the external housing also buckled with the heat. Refunded but not game to give it another go, a definite fire hazard.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Terrible product

I opened the egg cooker to use for the first time this morning. After reading the instructions I followed them and put the product on. Come back a few minutes later wondering why the buzzer hadn't gone off yet and the inside rack had melted. I don't know if it was faulty or not but I would not recommend this product, it is too dangerous. Lucky I had come back to check on it.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Could be better

A good little machine but, with the following modifications, could be a great little machine:
Make the parts dishwasher proof
Decrease the level of buzzer - far too loud
The poaching trays need a little handle or ridge to be able to remove them from the cooker without burning yourself
The poaching trays need to be a little higher so egg white doesn't spill out
The numbers on the measuring jug need to be more than printed on so they don't rub off

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Great little unit

I am disappointed that the tray has rusted! Also disappointed that the water level instructions have rubbed
Off both unit and measuring cup and my guesswork is not always accurate. I bought it mainly to cook hard boiled eggs for salads and sometimes they are undercooked. Think it is a great unit in spite of drawbacks
though.

Date PurchasedMay 2012
Hi Virgo, Thank you for your great feedback on the Sunbeam Poach and Boil although I do apologise for some of the issues you have had with the Sunbeam EC1300. Please give our Customer Care team a call on 1300 881 861 and one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist. Kindest Regards Sunbeam

Best thing since sliced bread!!!

Love, love, love this produce, takes the guess work out of cooking the perfect egg. and best of all Sunbeam backs their products with great customer service. After approximately 18 months of regular use, the tray which holds the eggs broke, I contacted Sunbeam and told them it was broken, I had no receipt to show how long I have owned the product but as a good will gesture they are replacing the tray. That's WOW customer service in my opinion.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
Hi Toni, Thank you for your great feedback on the Sunbeam EC1300 and on our customer service! Sunbeam wouldn't be were it is today without our loyal customers like yourself, so we feel it is most important to look after our customers and in a timely manner. If you require any further advise or information on the unit, please don't hesitate to give our Customer Care Team a call on 1300 881 861 and one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Very Happy with Sunbeam Poach & Boil EC1300

I bought A Breville Eggspert (BEG100) and it was rubbish and that's where it wen't to the tip, I wen't out and Bought A Sunbeam Poach & Boil EC1300 it is the best the only fault I can find on it is the measuring cup the water levels are just painted on and wear off but apart from that it is great the buzzer is nice and loud and you can have it turned on or off I just love this one. Thanks Sunbeam

Hi Briannz, Thank you for your great feedback on the Sunbeam EC1300! If you require any further advise or information on the unit, please don't hesitate to give our Customer Care Team a call on 1300 881 861 and one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Brilliant!

This little marvel has completely revolutionised breakfast. Like so many people I'm time poor in the mornings and often grab something to eat that's processed or skip breakfast altogether.
Now I have boiled or poached eggs nearly every morning and feel so much better for having had a nutritious breakfast.
It only takes 10 minutes including clean-up and I don't have to tend the eggs as they cook, so I'm free to get ready while my breakfast is cooking.
Love this product.