Sunbeam Poach & Boil EC1300

MPNs: 1099 and SEC1300
Listing monitored by Sunbeam

Kel
KelBundaberg

2nd machine purchased - absolute rubbish !!!!

I bought a 2nd machine and this one is absolute rubbish. The buzzer has stopped working !!!! And water is going under the plate and leaking out the bottom of the machine. This is dangerous !!! I threw the machine in the rubbish bin straight away. I will not be buying another Sunbeam product any time soon.

Purchased at The Good Guys for $44.00.

Sue
SueMurray Region, NSW

Dissapointed

Purchased in November 2020 at Bing Lee Physical store for $44.00.

HRM74Tasmania, 7051

Brilliant multi use appliance

I bought this to simply boil eggs, poaching is a bonus. When it arrived I was delighted to find that it also has a steamer rack which I can use to steam veg and dumplings or pork buns all of which come out perfectly. It's easy to set up and once you get used to how much water you need for each operation you can't go wrong. One word of caution, if you use the 'cook' option with the alarm it's loud enough to wake the dead, steer clear!

Purchased in December 2020 at Amazon for $42.00.

Novelty / Snack Makers

Find out how Sunbeam Poach & Boil EC1300 compares to other Novelty / Snack Makers

Stephan G
Stephan GAU

The best

Best egg cooker I've ever bought.. perfect pouch eggs every time..the water measurements are pretty much spot on..so easy to use..so quick too..do you self a favor get this one and forget the rest

Purchased in August 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $39.00.

WabsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

DISAPPOINTED

I had my last egg cooker, not a Sunbeam, for about 10 years. This egg cooker has lasted a little over 3 years, with much less use, so I'm very disappointed. I rarely used the poacher because when I cooked 2 eggs it seemed to cook 1 more than the other. I found that the lid was often hard to get to sit in its grooves. Last but not least, I had to throw it out as there was water getting in between the water tray & works underneath.

Purchased in January 2017 at Harvey Norman for $44.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
EllenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

GREAT KITCHEN ACCESSORY

This is my 2nd Sunbeam Poach and Boil. The first one I had and used for 10 years. The 2nd one is even better as it has a grill insert to steam veggies. Always have perfect boiled eggs and mini omelettes every time. Easy to clean and uses up minimum space on benchtop.

Purchased in March 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $39.00.

Amanda
AmandaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Totally perfect

I am extremely satisfied with this product. It does what it says, is reliable, cooks eggs just the way it says, either soft, medium or hard, as well you can poach eggs or make an omelette. The poached eggs are perfect. Easy to clean too.

Purchased in October 2019 at Myer.

Hi Amanda,
Thank you for your great review!

Danni
DanniMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love it!

I ordered a Sunbeam Egg Poacher & Cooker & it is incredible! I don’t have the worry about messing up poached eggs ever again! It is very easy to cook eggs in, has a timer that sounds when they are done & is super straightforward to clean afterwards. Highly recommend!

Hello Dani,
Thank you for your lovely feedback, happy to hear you're loving your Sunbeam Poach and Boil.

Trisheeeee
Trisheeeee

What is this, ?

Still have my original Sunbeam egg boiler which I have had for 35 years. Plus..works perfectly for boiling eggs, not poached as they always stuck, was looking to buy another for caravan but reading all these reviews makes me want to think twice...do you actually tell your customer service about these negative reviews & what do you do about it?

Davo01
Davo01Perth, WA

Great but instructions poor

Cooks perfectly but only with buzzer setting. Boiling one egg soft on cook without buzzer after 15 minutes still cooking and rock hard egg. Instructions should state cooking without buzzer have to time cooking duration manually.

Purchased in December 2019.

Hello Davo01,
Glad to hear you are loving your Sunbeam Poach & Boil EC1300 and thank you for the feedback about the manual, I will make sure this gets passed on to the team.

Jo BevanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Cooks Eggs Perfectly.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $39.00.

Hi Jo Bevan,
Thanks for the great review. Your feedback is also welcomed and I have passed this to out product team for consideration.

Thank you.

gregm
gregmSydney Surrounds, NSW

It's a shame its build quality isn't as high as its cooking quality

This is a good egg boiler, though after a while the gray plastic support for boiling the eggs has broken in serveral places.Superglue doesn't help. I'm havent bothered with trying to clean its hot plate without scratching it. Adding an auto off when the timer's up would be nice too, instad of the loud buzzer on it. I don't use the buzzer, but the timer on my microwave - set for 11 mins for boiled eggs.

Purchased in August 2017 for $50.00.

Hi gregm,
Thank for your review. Sorry to hear about your experience with your egg boiler. I will be sure to pass your feedback to our development and technology teams.

Why did you mess with perfection??

I totally agree with Dinky.. My husband & I had the old sunbeam one forever. we thought we'd stay with a trusted brand... What a SHAM!! The newer version is TERRIBLY DESIGNED. I've burnt myself a dozen times trying to extract the poached eggs now I use it awkwardly with tongs.
VERY DISAPPOINTED!!

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Sandi
SandiSoutheast, SA

Great product. Good value and simple to use.

I brought this a couple of months ago and it's great.So easy that even my husband and young son can use it. It poaches eggs with perfect gooey centres and you can take your choice of hard, medium or soft boiled eggs.The timer is great as you don't have to guess how long before you take the eggs out.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Sandi, great to hear you like the Poach n Boil, it makes it so easy.....thanks for the review

AJC
AJCLawnton

A better way for boiled eggs

I wanted to buy this egg cooker for a long time and finally pulled the pin when I got the store credit from good guys.
I decided to buy this over another brand only because of the good reviews online, and it is proven true with my first use of this brilliant design.
I am regularly using it since my first day of use and never had any trouble so far. You just need to follow the measuring cup markings for each type of egg cooking required. I found it is a very good investment and a beautiful addition to my kitchen.
The image of it looks big in websites but the cooker is pretty small .

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Hi AJC,
Glad you are enjoying using the EC1300, thanks for the review...

Read more reviews - page 2

Liz S
Liz Sasked

Could you please tell me if the sunbeam egg cooker has an automatic off mechanism?

HRM74

Hi Liz, unfortunately not, it would be very handy. If you use the buzzer feature though it buzzes when it runs dry, and believe me you will hear it go off!

John R
John Rasked

Bought the cooker yesterday and just cooked 6 eggs (we have chooks that manage more than 12 a day!
Result for 6 Hard Boiled seems to be excellent ... but according to instruction "more eggs …less water" seems illogical! Any explanations?

Ellen

Yes that is exactly what happens! Follow the guide on the water 'flute' for the number of water per number of eggs and they will turn out great every time. This is my 2nd Poach and Boil. My first one last me 15 years! Enjoy!

Wabs

It doen't make sesnse, but it works. Same if you want soft boiled. Ask Sunbeam if you don't get an answer

Den P.
Den P.asked

Does the boiler switch off automatically once eggs are cooked?

Hi Den P,
Thank you for your question. We suggest to use the Cook with Ready Buzzer to alert you when the eggs are done. If you wish to leave it for longer please ensure you check the water level.

See all Sunbeam Poach & Boil EC1300 questions

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

CategoryNovelty / Snack Makers