Sunbeam Poach & Boil EC1300

Sunbeam Poach & Boil EC1300

MPN: SEC1300

Jo BevanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Cooks Eggs Perfectly.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $39.00.

Hi Jo Bevan,
Thanks for the great review. Your feedback is also welcomed and I have passed this to out product team for consideration.

Thank you.

gregm

gregmGosford

It's a shame its build quality isn't as high as its cooking quality

This is a good egg boiler, though after a while the gray plastic support for boiling the eggs has broken in serveral places.Superglue doesn't help. I'm havent bothered with trying to clean its hot plate without scratching it. Adding an auto off when the timer's up would be nice too, instad of the loud buzzer on it. I don't use the buzzer, but the timer on my microwave - set for 11 mins for boiled eggs.

Purchased in August 2017 for $50.00.

Hi gregm,
Thank for your review. Sorry to hear about your experience with your egg boiler. I will be sure to pass your feedback to our development and technology teams.

Why did you mess with perfection??

I totally agree with Dinky.. My husband & I had the old sunbeam one forever. we thought we'd stay with a trusted brand... What a SHAM!! The newer version is TERRIBLY DESIGNED. I've burnt myself a dozen times trying to extract the poached eggs now I use it awkwardly with tongs.
VERY DISAPPOINTED!!

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Sandi

SandiSoutheast, SA

Great product. Good value and simple to use.

I brought this a couple of months ago and it's great.So easy that even my husband and young son can use it. It poaches eggs with perfect gooey centres and you can take your choice of hard, medium or soft boiled eggs.The timer is great as you don't have to guess how long before you take the eggs out.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Sandi, great to hear you like the Poach n Boil, it makes it so easy.....thanks for the review

AJC

AJCLawnton

A better way for boiled eggs

I wanted to buy this egg cooker for a long time and finally pulled the pin when I got the store credit from good guys.
I decided to buy this over another brand only because of the good reviews online, and it is proven true with my first use of this brilliant design.
I am regularly using it since my first day of use and never had any trouble so far. You just need to follow the measuring cup markings for each type of egg cooking required. I found it is a very good investment and a beautiful addition to my kitchen.
The image of it looks big in websites but the cooker is pretty small .

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Hi AJC,
Glad you are enjoying using the EC1300, thanks for the review...

Kath GSydney, NSW

The best

I love this egg cooker this is my second one Just bought a month ago, the original one lasted 8 years . They cook pouched eggs to perfection and I also use it as a mini steamer as well when I just want a few Dumplings or Thai fishcakes. I use this cooker at least 5 times a week

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Kath, thanks for the fantastic review.

Dinky

DinkySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Stupidest thing I ever owned

The old metal & one that was my father's was perfect. It had water levels in the lid and it cooked just right every time. This new plastic one is useless. Never get the result we want no matter how we adjust the water level. Very disappointed and will be looking for another better designed one. Hate it.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Hi Dinky,
Sorry to hear you are not happy with the Poach & Boil, we very rarely get that with this one.
Could be something not quite right with yours so as it is under warranty please return to store.

ShellCentral Coast

Would get higher rating but....

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Shell - Sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing. Please contact our customer care team again with your proof of purchase and we would be happy to replace this for you free of charge.

Shell

The measuring cup you mean?

DeniseGeorges hall

Eggs to a perfection

I’ve used my egg poacher and it turned out perfect
It’s fantastic no guessing the machine does it all
I set it to soft and it was just perfect
I’m impressed with my purchase
Service was great, they did what they promised
I will buy from there again
I’m really impressed

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Best product I’ve purchased

coffeegirl

coffeegirlAustralia

Mine must be faulty

It seemed to work well for a few times, then every time I use it since, it just ends up in a big mess of bubbles and slosh. The eggs seem to leak into the water and the soupy mess that eventuates is just not worth using it. Gunk gets coated on the lid and it's just a mess. Unfortunately I just pushed it to the back of the cupboard when I should of found my receipt and swapped it over. I think I might try the Kmart one. I only bought this one as it could do poached eggs. All the other reviews sound quite good so I think mine was just a dud.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Kel

KelBundaberg

Great little machine !!!!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

ShortandHairy

ShortandHairy

Great, works perfectly

After ruining so many eggs , I decided to buy a proper egg poacher / boiler. This is brilliant. Perfect soft boiled eggs just the way I like them. The buzzer goes off loudly so I can hear when they are ready and the water measuring cup makes it a breeze. Highly recommended for those who cant boil an egg ha ha

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Rosie

Rosie

Works brilliantly

Date PurchasedApr 2017

MissyMoo

MissyMooDarwin

Hazard if it doesn't work properly

Like previous reviewer, on first use buzzer did not go off, checked it after the approximate time it was meant to sound to find the tray had melted, and the external housing also buckled with the heat. Refunded but not game to give it another go, a definite fire hazard.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Tab

Tab

Terrible product

I opened the egg cooker to use for the first time this morning. After reading the instructions I followed them and put the product on. Come back a few minutes later wondering why the buzzer hadn't gone off yet and the inside rack had melted. I don't know if it was faulty or not but I would not recommend this product, it is too dangerous. Lucky I had come back to check on it.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Mac

MacSydney

Could be better

A good little machine but, with the following modifications, could be a great little machine:
Make the parts dishwasher proof
Decrease the level of buzzer - far too loud
The poaching trays need a little handle or ridge to be able to remove them from the cooker without burning yourself
The poaching trays need to be a little higher so egg white doesn't spill out
The numbers on the measuring jug need to be more than printed on so they don't rub off

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Great little unit

I am disappointed that the tray has rusted! Also disappointed that the water level instructions have rubbed
Off both unit and measuring cup and my guesswork is not always accurate. I bought it mainly to cook hard boiled eggs for salads and sometimes they are undercooked. Think it is a great unit in spite of drawbacks
though.

Date PurchasedMay 2012

Toni M

Toni MFar North Queensland, QLD

Best thing since sliced bread!!!

Love, love, love this produce, takes the guess work out of cooking the perfect egg. and best of all Sunbeam backs their products with great customer service. After approximately 18 months of regular use, the tray which holds the eggs broke, I contacted Sunbeam and told them it was broken, I had no receipt to show how long I have owned the product but as a good will gesture they are replacing the tray. That's WOW customer service in my opinion.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

briannz

briannzPATEA

Very Happy with Sunbeam Poach & Boil EC1300

I bought A Breville Eggspert (BEG100) and it was rubbish and that's where it wen't to the tip, I wen't out and Bought A Sunbeam Poach & Boil EC1300 it is the best the only fault I can find on it is the measuring cup the water levels are just painted on and wear off but apart from that it is great the buzzer is nice and loud and you can have it turned on or off I just love this one. Thanks Sunbeam

Amanda58

Amanda58Australia

Brilliant!

This little marvel has completely revolutionised breakfast. Like so many people I'm time poor in the mornings and often grab something to eat that's processed or skip breakfast altogether.
Now I have boiled or poached eggs nearly every morning and feel so much better for having had a nutritious breakfast.
It only takes 10 minutes including clean-up and I don't have to tend the eggs as they cook, so I'm free to get ready while my breakfast is cooking.
Love this product.