Sunbeam Pro Steam Glide (SR4110)

Sunbeam Pro Steam Glide (SR4110)

MPN: SR4110

1.9

• Product is used
kristabell

kristabellPerth, WA

Leaks , disappointed wish id read the reviews first

Iron leaks water, which is really annoying ive had to remove all the water and use it as a dry iron . It is lightweight and fairly easy to manover , this was not the cheapest Iron when we brought it but ivw owed it for 12mths and everytime i use it o wish i had brought a different one

Purchased in February 2018.

Product is usedWeekly
Clothing MaterialCotton
Customer C.Sunbeam
Sue

SueWestleigh

Don’t buy dark purple

Iron works fine but you can’t see the water level AT ALL you have to jiggle it and hold it up to bright light to see the water level which makes it annoying... and bad design so I would give it 1 star but it does work. The dark purple plastic is too hard to see through. They should have put a bright bobble in the tank to fix the problem then it would be 5 stars.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
4WDriver

4WDrivermelbourne

Years of good service

This has put in years of service at out place. never had the slightest issue. It warms up and keeps a nice stable temperature. Works just as well for cotton as it does for poly. Steam is nice too. No worries at all. The bottom plate hasn't accumulated too much discoloration - still works perfectly

Date PurchasedSep 2014
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great feedback 4WDriver!

Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Sunbeam Pro Steam Glide (SR4110) compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

3Barrels

3BarrelsGeelong

Good at first then leaked

We have had this over three years and it was excellent for a cheap iron that still had a recognisable brand name. Its just a basic one but that's OK as I don't oron all that much. last year I noticed it leaks when you put water in it for steam. I don't remember ever having dropped it. I still use it just as a dry iron and it still works OK but I'll be updating one of these days.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Bob R

Bob RSwansea

Unusable model

We are in the hospitality industry in a rural location and depend on products that are reliable. The original iron kept tripping the RCD but we didn't have any water leakage from the unit. Tried another brand of iron that we borrowed - all fine. Bought a second Sunbeam SR4110 (that's the only brand our local hardware store carries), same problem. Obviously an inherent design fault with this model/brand.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Wavertonbelle

WavertonbelleSYDNEY

Very disappointing

Two things I hated about this iron - it only has a 2m cord - useless. And it leaked when put away in the flat position. It went straight back to Big W. who accepted the return without question, or even wanting to know what was wrong with it. Either they get returned all the time, or Big W doesn't care either.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Disappointed - Leaks water everywhere

Very disappointed with this iron.. While ironing it leaks water over the clothes, need to go over and over to get creases out.. This iron makes it feel like I'm ironing twice as long as before.. After ironing, I leave the iron down once cooled and it empties the rest of the water all over my ironing board leaving it very wet.. I like that it is lightweight..

Skaz
Skaz

Thank you but it's not worth driving the 5 hours to get to the place of purchase unless I have to go for other things..

Helene

HeleneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dangerous appliance

I have brought two of these irons now expecting the issues with the first were a one off. However both of these irons spark and short out the fuse box leaking hot water everywhere. I would never recommend this brand of iron and feel sunbeam have an obligation to recall these for public safety.

Rachel

Rachelasked

Pro Steam Glide (SR4110)

Hi, my sunbeam prosteam glide Iron leaks water when turned off. It basically leaks all the water that's left in the water part out through the plate? Is this iron faulty? I only purchased it today!

janhmelb
janhmelb

I don't have this problem but I always turn the steam off and then leave my iron standing up when I have finished using it. The safest way would be to empty it each time. good luck.

Darren
Darren

Hi Rachel,

I would strongly suggest contacting Sunbeam customer support. I was pleasantly surprised when they recently replaced a faulty iron of mine without fuss, despite the iron being just outside of the warranty period.

A new iron should not be leaking water everywhere. End of story.

Its obviously not fit for purpose.

Regards,
Daz

Julieasked

Pro Steam Glide (SR4110)

Hello,
I am planning to purchase a prosteam glide iron today as I have developed arthritis in my hands and thought a lighter iron might help. The reviews are terrible. Can you please tell me if these comments have been addressed and if the model is generally good? Also, is it the lightest iron Sunbeam makes, apart from the travel iron?
Thanks,

Dear Julie,

Please contact our Consumer Support Team on: 1300 881 861, for further assistance.

Kind Regards

Mary
Mary

Hi Julie, What did you end up buying? I have arthritis too and purchased a Phillips iron after the Sunbeam debacle. I have found in the past that Black and Decker irons are very light. Happy hunting!
Warm regards
Mary ox

Hi Mary,
I bought a wizz bang Philips iron and it is fantastic! It is called a Perfect Care Elite Silence and it is the steam station type with the seperate water tank. The iron itself weighs only 800 grams and is a breeze to use. More expensive than a traditional iron but I got a great special and a cashback. Money well spent.
Thanks for your reply,
Julie

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Compare all 10 Sunbeam Pro Steam