Sunbeam Pro Steam

Sunbeam Pro Steam

Power (SR4400), SR4300, Glide (SR4110), etc...

Problem with water level

Generally pleased with the iron so far except for the fact that you cannot see how much water is in the tank due to tge dark colour. Constructive criticism only hopefully can be rectified for future models.

Purchased in May 2019 at Target Australia for $50.00.

Product is used: Daily
Clothing Material Cotton, Denim and Synthetics

HI Mary,
Thank you for your feedback on our SR4400. I will be sure to pass it onto our product team. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Pinkay

PinkayGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not bad

This iron works well and i love how it has a auto off function. It works well on all the different frabic, it is also very easy to handle. Overall, I am satisfied with this product.

Purchased in December 2018.

Hi Jim,
Thanks for the great review! Kind Regards Sunbeam

Flyinfish

FlyinfishSydney, NSW

Love this travel iron! Powerful shot of steam, light, heats quickly

This is just a great little iron. Handy to take if you're travelling, but great to use at home as well. Small, light, heats very quickly. Only draws 750W so you don't have to worry about what else is plugged in. Surprisingly powerful shot of steam. Fits into small corners when you iron, and your hand never gets tired because it weighs so little. Only downside is that you need to keep refilling with water if you use for an extended time.

Hi Flyinfish,
Thanks for the great review on out little travel iron. Yes - you are correct when using it for a longer time more water is needed. Due to its compact size.
Kind regards,

kristabell

kristabellPerth, WA

Leaks , disappointed wish id read the reviews first

Iron leaks water, which is really annoying ive had to remove all the water and use it as a dry iron . It is lightweight and fairly easy to manover , this was not the cheapest Iron when we brought it but ivw owed it for 12mths and everytime i use it o wish i had brought a different one

Purchased in February 2018.

Sandie RSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waste of $99.00

Purchased about 4 weeks ago
Very disappointed The sole of the iron just DRAGS not glides causing creases tried it several times no improvement CAN I GET MY MONEY BACK Please

Purchased in February 2019 at Harris Scarfe for $99.00.

Hi Sandie R,
Sorry to hear of your experience with your iron. Please return to the store of purchase.

Sandie R

Iron replaced very happy with replacement

Sue

SueWestleigh

Don’t buy dark purple

Iron works fine but you can’t see the water level AT ALL you have to jiggle it and hold it up to bright light to see the water level which makes it annoying... and bad design so I would give it 1 star but it does work. The dark purple plastic is too hard to see through. They should have put a bright bobble in the tank to fix the problem then it would be 5 stars.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Disappointed

As per previous reviewer, other functions work well but the hollow on the sole plate catches on all edges so that I had to use the bottom part of the iron in reverse fashion. Ironing became very frustrating. Made a hasty purchase as it was half price on sale. I would not recommend this iron and unfortunately am going to buy a replacement.

Purchased in October 2018 at Betta Electrical Katanning for $49.00.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your iron Diana. Your feedback will be passed onto our design and quality teams.

jess

jessMelbourne

it is okay

I do not usually use this iron so I really got not much comment to it, the weight of it is okay, even my 12 years old daughter can be able to handle this, all of my shirt after ironing has become very straight and it lasts for a long time as well. However, the cord is a bit short and it's not long enough when I am using it.

Purchased in March 2018.

Product is used: Occasionally
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the review Jess. As you move up the Sunbeam range, the cords get longer, depending on the price point.

Jenny

JennyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not as good as previous Sunbeam irons.

The iron does a great job of the ironing, is quick to heat up and I like the shut off function. I don’t even fill the iron to the level marked and water still runs from the tank along the handle and makes my hand wet. Water also comes out of the sole plate and marks the clothes. Coloured irons look nice but makes it hard to see the water level. The bad points outweigh the good.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Elsie

ElsieSydney

Catches on corners

Ironing functions and steam functions are fine and I like that it turns itself off, but...
The hollow on the sole plate for ironing over buttons is terrible. Catches on corners of collars and irons in crumples which are very difficult to iron out again. I wouldn't buy one again.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Elsie - Sorry to hear that the design of this model doesn't meet your needs. Please call us on 1300 881 861 and our customer care team would be happy to discuss further with you.

Mjg

MjgWodonga

What a great little iron

Bought this iron because we were travelling to China and knew the hotels wouldn’t provide irons. What a little beauty........ a really good buy @ $29.00. Very small and light weight, has shot of steam, non stick sole plate and dual voltage selector. Easy to pack and has all the features a large expensive iron would have. So happy to have discovered it. Ironing in China was a breeze.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Mjg, great to hear, thanks for the review!

GBG

GBGMelbourne

Trouble after 12 months

Gave problems with electrics in two different houses, would trip out the leakage detector trip switch every now and then. It started to leak after about 18 months, and finally refused to work at all. Took it apart, the water had completely corroded a connector. Sunbeam used to be a reputable brand.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Trent

Trent

Sunbeam Pro Steam A good iron

I purchased this iron from KMART the other day and it runs really well. Great amount of steam, heats up well, and does a good job. I would recommend it, but it is a little on the expensive side compared to other irons on the market. The iron has a teflon coating so it doesn't stick to delicate clothes.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Trent, glad to hear the iron is working well for you and thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on it!

Sonia

SoniaSydney

Great time saver

This iron generates a lot of steam and is a great time waver, I can go through my clothes in half the time using this powerful stem generator. The wrinkles glide away and my clothes look wrinkle free and are gentle on the texture. The power cord is long enough and is not in the way when ironing.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Sonia!

4WDriver

4WDrivermelbourne

Years of good service

This has put in years of service at out place. never had the slightest issue. It warms up and keeps a nice stable temperature. Works just as well for cotton as it does for poly. Steam is nice too. No worries at all. The bottom plate hasn't accumulated too much discoloration - still works perfectly

Date PurchasedSep 2014
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great feedback 4WDriver!

Lynda

LyndaSydney

A pleasure to use

The iron is lightweight and glides through my clothes with ease, nothing sticks to the sole plate and it is as new as the first day I use it. The cord is long enough not to be a nuisance when using it. I would recommend this iron, it is a pleasure to use.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Lynda, such a great review, so pleased you are happy with the iron!!!

Milky

MilkyMelbourne

It’s great

Iron is not a daily use machine so I bought a relative cheap one, it works well as the heat up time is fast, it’s not that heavy which is easy to handle, it glinds smoothly with a great temperature, also the cord is quite long which is much more convenient but it’s a little bit difficult to iron denim

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Milky, thanks for the good review. This iron is a great performer for the price.
Try to flatten out your jeans when hanging on the line as this helps to ease the creases, not an easy job, denim!

Bet

Bet

good value

I find this to be fine for cotton mostly but not so great for natural and delicate fibers unfortunately. It is quite well made though for the price and does have heat up nice and quickly. If you’re looking for an affordable iron then this is a good option I think.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Bet.

Aggy

AggyMelbourne

Perfect iron

This iron is perfect for me as it has the auto turning off system which is suitable for people as lazy as me, i do not usually use an i iron unless i am going to places that require me to wear a shirt, it’s easy to use and heats up quickly
The price is also resonable and the size is perfect

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Aggy!

Tammieee

TammieeeSydney

Heats up quickly

My iron was broken last month so I bought this one and this is actually quite good, as it heats up quickly (main point**) and there’s nothing to complain, everything is fine for me as im not an expert of iron, the weight is light and the price us reasonable, never used this brand before, will try more product of this brand later on
The only thing that i do not like about this iron is the colour:) as i do not like that:))

Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks do much for the positive review Tammieee!

Dan D.asked

My iron has black specs that come out of it when I use the steam. I have self cleaned it numerous times and it still happens. Why is this happening? The iron is only 1 year old.

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Dan D.
When you say you have self cleaned would that mean that you have used an Iron Cleaner?

Normal tap water contains minerals such as calcium and magnesium which build up inside the steam chamber of your iron, resulting in poor steam performance and staining of garments. Periodic use of Iron Cleaner will remove these deposits to prolong the life of your iron. You can find our SR0300 Iron Cleaner 250ml at all major retailers.

Dan D.

Ok thanks - I will try this.

Dan D.

Hello, I have tried using the Sunbeam iron cleaner on my iron (three time) and black gritty flakes are still coming out of it. Can I return the iron for this issue? I have only had it for 13 months and the issue started 2 months ago.

Graham G.asked

How do you clean and flush the water tank on a SR4110 Pro Steam iron?

Hi Graham G.
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. I note there aren't any clear instructions in the booklet! I will be passing that onto our product manager. We suggest pouring in a cap full of liquid descaling solution into the water tank and squirt it through the iron by pressing both buttons . Kind regards, Sunbeam

Graham G.

Thank you. I'll give it a try.

Stuart

Stuartasked

Our sunbeam pro glide leaks water on the clothes being ironed. The machine makes steam but leaks water through the steam holes on the clothes and leaves the ironing board wet. What can we do?

Hi Stuart,
Sorry to hear of your issues with the pro glide. These units are non repairable and have been discontinued Depending on the model & date of purchase - some steam stations have a 2 year replacement warranty. If purchased with in the last 2 years & you have your receipt please return to the store of purchase.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives