Sunbeam Pro Steam Power (SR4400)

Sunbeam Pro Steam Power (SR4400)

MPN: SR4400

• Product is used
  • Safety

Problem with water level

Generally pleased with the iron so far except for the fact that you cannot see how much water is in the tank due to tge dark colour. Constructive criticism only hopefully can be rectified for future models.

Purchased in May 2019 at Target Australia for A$50.00.

Safety
Product is usedDaily
Clothing MaterialCotton, Denim and Synthetics

HI Mary,
Thank you for your feedback on our SR4400. I will be sure to pass it onto our product team. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Jenny

JennyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not as good as previous Sunbeam irons.

The iron does a great job of the ironing, is quick to heat up and I like the shut off function. I don’t even fill the iron to the level marked and water still runs from the tank along the handle and makes my hand wet. Water also comes out of the sole plate and marks the clothes. Coloured irons look nice but makes it hard to see the water level. The bad points outweigh the good.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Sonia

SoniaSydney

Great time saver

This iron generates a lot of steam and is a great time waver, I can go through my clothes in half the time using this powerful stem generator. The wrinkles glide away and my clothes look wrinkle free and are gentle on the texture. The power cord is long enough and is not in the way when ironing.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Sonia!

Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Sunbeam Pro Steam Power (SR4400) compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

Aggy

AggyMelbourne

Perfect iron

This iron is perfect for me as it has the auto turning off system which is suitable for people as lazy as me, i do not usually use an i iron unless i am going to places that require me to wear a shirt, it’s easy to use and heats up quickly
The price is also resonable and the size is perfect

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Aggy!

Brownie

BrownieDayton

Sunbeams are always awesome

The iron heats up great turns off when you leave it on too long which is a bonus, have to use purified water or you will get stains on your clothes and eventual will kill the iron.

Steams up relly well and is perfect for work collar shirts

lots of functions the steam max func is awesome

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Brownie!

Muhammad

MuhammadMelbourne

The iron heats up fairly quickly and is easy to use. Not too heavy. The temperature control can be little bit off but is enough to do daily use. The steam feature is a handy item and I use it to do quick morning ironing. Definitely a safe and reliable product and is a good value for the money.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Muhammad, great to hear!! Anything that makes ironing easy is a winner!!!!

Denis MURRAY

Denis MURRAYCAIRNS CITY

perfect

Purchased 7 months ago and it has not missed a beat .
I live alone and do not have the need to do a lot of ironing except for work shirts .
So Im not exactly and iron expert but this iron does the job and meets my needs can recommend .

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Sinnie

SinnieDalby

No good for thick work pants, denim etc

Had to take the first one back when first used. It tripped the power, turned off after only 10seconds standing up and didnt get hot enough. Was treated like crap by the Target employee and all i wanted was a replacement iron. Got one eventually. The 2nd iron heated up really quickly but still didnt get as hot as my old one (i wasn't about to go back to Target again though). The self clean button worked and thats good because the calcium build up is terrible despite it being labelled anti calc, emptying after every use and using rain water to fill it. It does a basic job but no good for thick work pants, denim etc.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Great for the price

For the price this iron is great, it has all the functions you'd want. Heats up quickly, has great stream output, and simple to use. Best of all, the auto-off function is perfect for me. I often walk away to my sewing machine, and leave the iron on for convenience. If I am away for more than 15 minutes it will turn off, and when I am ready to use it again, it will turn back on by just picking it up.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Irons & Steam Generators

Not sure about this iron

I bought this iron today and the first time I used it, it seems to drag on the fabric - certainly doesn't glide across the fabric as the name suggests. I had an old Sunbeam which I bought 7 years ago and it had a different plate which was much smoother to use. Maybe it's the plate, I'm not sure. But so far, not very happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
bel

belcamden

Very Disappointing

It keeps getting caught on the material which means it puts more wrinkles in than it takes out. Increased my ironing time by double as every wrinkle I took out another was put in by the way it gathers up and goes under the iron. Returning and buying another TEFAL.

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Mallock

Mallockasked

Pro Steam Power (SR4400)

I bought this iron nine months ago and it constantly leaks black flecks and brown liquid. I use the self clean function regularly and empty the reservoir while not in use but it is still happening. I don't live in a hard water area. Is there anything else I could try because I assume this should last longer than nine months in a workable condition.

Dan D.asked

Pro Steam Power (SR4400)

My iron has black specs that come out of it when I use the steam. I have self cleaned it numerous times and it still happens. Why is this happening? The iron is only 1 year old.

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Dan D.
When you say you have self cleaned would that mean that you have used an Iron Cleaner?

Normal tap water contains minerals such as calcium and magnesium which build up inside the steam chamber of your iron, resulting in poor steam performance and staining of garments. Periodic use of Iron Cleaner will remove these deposits to prolong the life of your iron. You can find our SR0300 Iron Cleaner 250ml at all major retailers.

Dan D.

Ok thanks - I will try this.

Dan D.

Hello, I have tried using the Sunbeam iron cleaner on my iron (three time) and black gritty flakes are still coming out of it. Can I return the iron for this issue? I have only had it for 13 months and the issue started 2 months ago.

Sonia

Soniaasked

Pro Steam Power (SR4400)

How do you use the self clean on this model?

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Sonia. Thanks for your question. To use the self clean you simply press the button to
flush water through the iron. This helps to flush out impurities to prevent spotting on garments.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Compare all 10 Sunbeam Pro Steam