2Sunbeam Quantum Smartbake BM7800

Dianne L.

Where can I get a replacement bread pan for my 7800 machine
Cheers Dianne

Lorikeet

Google it, but it is likely you won't find one. You could buy a second hand bread maker and use the pan out of it.

rosalie m.

Hi, I have the sunbeam Quantum Breadmaker and the pan is completely stuck. Any ideas how to free the pan. It seems to be stuck from the bottom

Lorikeet

Is it stuck to the actual machine? I have never encountered that. You twist it and pull it out. I don't know what happened.

rosalie m.

Yes it is stuck to the actual machine. No amount of twisting and pulling is going to free it. I also have never encountered this problem before... Might give Sunbeam a call.

Susan R

My first attempt at wholemeal bread was not great. Top sank and only 2/3 of the bread was usable. Does anyone have a fail-safe recipe? I used new flour and yeast and followed the basic white recipe which comes with the machine. Will appreciate any ideas. Ta.

Lorikeet

The recipe is not the only thing that determines success, if it does not include temperature. The temperature of the water when the bread starts to mix is crucial to how much the bread rises. The temperature is determined by what the bread maker does and also the temperature of the water you put into it. Maybe try using 1/3 boiling water and experiment to see what works best. There are lots of other factors. Also, choose a recipe with a high star rating on google. Whole wheat requires more rising than white. Beware of putting the yeast on top of the flour if the machine first heats up and does not mix the ingredients for a while. If that is how it works, put the yeast in when the bread maker starts mixing.

Susan R

Thank you so much for the excellent advice. I will follow your advice.

Celeste E
Celeste E

Hi
I brought this bread maker quite a few years ago and about a year ago it stopped mixing/kneeding properly. I am baking the basic loaf mix that you get from supermarkets. I was wondering if you had any ideas how I could get the loaf to mix better. At the moment I am mixing the flour in by hand after the mixing/ kneeding cycle.

Lorikeet

My machine doesn't knead properly when the consistency of the dough is wrong, although sometimes it appears not to knead properly at the beginning and then by the end it is fine. Perhaps the consistency of your dough changed. Try adding a little water, such as 2 T. Alternatively, if the dough is too loose, reduce the amount of water.

Frank Gordon

Where can I get a new paddle for a SmartBake BM7800?

Lorikeet

They are probably not available any more as most stores have no more stock.

Lorikeet

Buy a second hand one and use the paddle.

Frank Gordon

Thanks for your answer, but I would expect that a second hand paddle would have the non-stick coating flaking off like our does. We aren't keen on having what is quite probably a toxic substance in our bread.
Did you mean that the stores have no more stock of parts, or of the whole machine?
The paddle is probably the only part of this robust machine to show any wear and tear even after years of use, and on that basis I expected that Sunbeam might have them available.
If not, I think it's a part of repairability and sustainability that Sunbeam might consider looking into.

Sheree E.
Sheree E.

I have just bought the Quantum Smart bake and my 1st loaf was not what I expected.‍ After reading the reviews, I can see I am not alone! Same issue...flat and white non crusty top. The sides and base were crusty. IThe texture more like cake than bread tho and sticky. Edible but not great. I had an old Sunbeam breadmaker previously and it never failed. This one, not too impressed so far. I am concerned that the lid does not seal. My other breadmaker lid did. I am thinking that this is probly why so many of us are having the white flat top issue ? It's an oven, the lid needs to be sealed hey? Makes sense to me. Anyone agree this could be the cause of this issue? I never had any issue with my old one. You chuck the ingredients in and it gave a perfect loaf everytime.

Allison C.
Allison C.

Loaf not browning from even on dark crust

Keith
Keith

Does the bread pan from the BM7850 fit the BM7800?

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Keith, No unfortunately the bread pan won't fit as they are different machines.

Pamela V.
Pamela V.

What setting do I use on my sunbeam quantum smart bake bm7800 to make donuts

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Pamela, I would personally use setting number (12) Pizza Dough. This setting allows you to create a variety of
doughs for croissants, bread rolls and pizza, to bake in a conventional oven. Refer to the Dough instructions in the recipe section. Press the MENU button twelve times, the LCD window will show ‘12’.
I have also attached the product manual for you to refer to as well external link

AnnieE
AnnieE

Help my breadmaker works fine until it gets to the baking stage then it shorts the electricity. What could it make it do this??

Sunbeam   DM

Hi AnnieE, Firstly can I ask how old is your breadmaker? If it is still under the 12 month warranty period my suggestion would be to take it back to the retailer you purchased it from with your proof of purchase. Or if it is out of warranty you go to our website attached external link & scroll to the end of the page you will find service agents locator if you click on that it will give you a list of any in your local area who will be able to assist you.

Lynn

Why did the mixture mix properly and not rise

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Lynn, Bread can be heavily affected by season and dry heat. Please add more water to bring the flour together.
It is normal for the height and shape of each loaf to vary depending on the ingredients, accurate measurement of ingredients and the room temperature.
Hope this helps.

Lynn

Thankyou, I did add more water to the next one and worked perfectly

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Lynn, Awesome that is great to hear.

Meri

We bought our Smartbake in August 2018 and now the propeller in the bucket has ceased. Any suggestions? It is a BM7850

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Meri, If you go on to the Sunbeam website & scroll down the page to service agents it will give you a list of all available in your area. They should be able to assist you. external link . Thanks

Meri

I know where my representative is. I wanted to know where I can get a new mixer blade.

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Meri, For all spare parts please contact your local service agent which is listed above they should be able to assist you with a new mixer blade. Thanks

J Pritchard
J Pritchard

Why does it take so long between baking loaves. Have to wait an hour before I can do a second loaf.

Eleanore

Do you make lauche mix multigrain bread on same menu as wholemeal bread i.e number 4

Daniel Retif
Daniel Retif

can I make a sour dough only then I want to bake in the oven. What setting ... pizza?

charlene
charlene

I was cleaning the machine and the top lid fell off and I cant put it back on. Can someone help me please?

Eleanore

Does the sunbeam quantum bread machine use much power.
Thanks.

Coralie M.
Coralie M.

Bread recipe

Sunbeam   DM

Hello Coralie M. There are so many recipes in the manual, every type of bread possible, see page 27 on wards:
external link

Dhammika R.
Dhammika R.

How to play?

Iva C.
Iva C.

Was wondering if I am able to get the manual for this model

Mama Bird
Mama Bird

It's probably available online. I don't think I even have my hard copy anymore as it's been quite some time since I had this model.

Hello Iva C, Please follow the link
external link

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Extra Information