Sunbeam Rice Perfect Deluxe 7 RC5600

Listing monitored by Sunbeam

westo
westoSydney, NSW

Never worked from day 1!

Unfortunately I was given this as a gift so it sat in the box for about 2 months before I got it so there is no refund.

It has never worked!!! :(

Purchased at Target at Tuggerah NSW for $60.00.

Mohsen M.Perth, WA

Short life

I bought this rice cooker from Harvey Norman and used it not more than 10 times until I found it not working anymore. It was okay before it broke down.
I was not super happy of the product but happy of Harvey Norman customer service as they replaced it for me.

Purchased in October 2019 at Harvey Norman for $49.00.

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Moshsen,
So sorry to hear about that but we provide a 12 month replacement warranty with all our products. That is why Harvey Norman was able to replace it for you.
If you have any further questions or need any help please do contact us.

Mohsen M.

That's right. I appreciate that.

Other Rice Cookers

terrible rice cooker, stay away

bought this at target on 6/3/2020 for $48
when we got home and on first use, the rice cook button would not stay on. it kept moving to keep warm even though we literally just plugged it in
seems like many other people have this problem with this particular model
went back to target and got a refund straight away
the cheap target rice cooker outperforms this one any day

Purchased in March 2020 at Target Australia for $48.00.

Rice Cookers

Find out how Sunbeam Rice Perfect Deluxe 7 RC5600 compares to other Rice Cookers

Good at first, but not long lasting.

This rice cooker was good to start with - we did find some rice would be stuck to the bottom of the insert right from the beginning, but it was generally reliable. However after only two years, we need to replace the unit. The cook button doesn't stay down or pops up just after the water is heated, the condensation catcher disintegrated, and the rice no longer cooks consistently. Disappointed as I normally find Sunbeam to be good, reliable quality.

Purchased in December 2017 at Myer for $70.00.

Scott Wooten
Scott WootenSouth East Queensland, QLD

When it cooks brown rice well, you know you have a winner.

I went through numerous cheap rice cookers (a few of them blowing up) and finally decided to spend just that little more and I'm glad I did. I found the Sunbeam Rice Cooker RC5600 at Target and can honestly say it has been the best so far. While I say "it cooks brown rice well", I did find a bit was a little overcooked on the bottom but I don't think you can help that especially if you let it sit there on the keep warm feature.
I highly recommend this product for it's ease of use, modern look, good size tub and overall quality. I have not used the steamer option but that seems to be very straight forward and simple too.

Purchased in March 2019 at Target for $47.20.

Hi Scott Wooten,
Thanks for the great review. Enjoy!

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Ed
Edsydney

Disappointing

I had a Sunbeam Rice Perfect 5 cup cooker for years and it cooked beautiful rice. The teflon eventually came off so I replaced it with this because they no longer make the model I had.The rice comes out gluggy and overcooked on the bottom. The cooking insert is thinner than the old one was. And the plastic cup and spoon are so cheap and nasty compared to the old ones, which shows a focus on cost cutting. Also the steaming tray is pretty pointless unless you don't own a stove top. Will not stick with this brand in the future.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Ed, sorry to hear you are not happy with the Rice Cooker, if you would like to discuss further please give us a call on 1300 881 861 ...

Juliette
JulietteAdelaide

Second cooker broke after 1.5 years

Nothing but trouble with this cooker. The first one I bought from Harvey Norman didn't work - the cook button wouldn't stay down. I got a replacement which worked fine two or three times a month for the last 18 months and has now packed up (out of warranty). This time the button stays down but the light won't go on and it doesn't cook. I would expect a $40 machine to last longer given our previous one lasted 10 years.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Terrible

Rather than doing cup for cup rice and water some genius has made something complex and it makes the worst rice ever because the water rice ratio is so hard to get right . The result is soggy horrible rice every time and although this is almost brand new I am throwing it in the bin tonight. Ive had heaps of no name rice cookers that worked perfect and I thought I would try something better - not so

Chantelle
Chantelle

Love it

Bought this recently from target, to replace our very old kmart one. It cooks the rice perfectly and doesn't make a mess like the old one did, no having to clean up starchy water from everywhere after using it!
I'm really enjoying the steamer attachment, always steam some veggies in here, love that i don't need to make more than the one lot of dishes!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Rice Cookers

Rice cooker that doesn't cook rice

This product did not work from day one. When set to "cook" the appropriate light did not come on and it did not heat up. After some time the "cook" light did turn on but the appliance kept alternating between "cook" and "keep warm". After 30 minutes the water inside had not reached boiling point and was still only lukewarm. I returned this to the store the day after purchasing.

Vivian
VivianGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

That is great!

Just brought it today in Target due to the old one is not working properly.
I cooked 3 and half cup of rice and I put the pork rib on the steam tray and place on the top of rice too.
All are prefect cooked at the end! Very happy on my choice!

Piece of Junk

Stay away from this rice cooker. Every time I use it I have to clean up a mess. I have only cooked 2 cups of rice in it at a time using the provided cup and followed the directions and it boils water out of the steam vent. Don't know how this rice cooker could possibly cook 7 cps of rice at a time. Waste of money.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Boyso
BoysoWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Should have stuck with old one

Thought I'd replace the old rice cooker with a new one as the old one had the rice sticking to the bowl. Now, in the new one, the rice sticks to the bottom of the bowl and the rice is gluggy. You would think a new rice cooker would cook your rice, not make a gluggy, mushy mesh. Not Happy!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Bharath
BharathSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good cooker but not long lasting

It was great cooker to start with however over the time ~6months we have noticed that rice bowl's coating started peeling . We contacted Sunbeam but have not received satisfactory response . We bought this in clearance for 25$ . It is really nice cooked except the bown peeling issue

Date PurchasedDec 2016

mc53
mc53Hunter Region, NSW

Very Ordinary

The lid is hard to unclip when I try to open the steamer, the water catcher at the back of the steamer broke after a few uses and I have to put the steamer on a towel if I want to use it . The rice tends to stick to the bottom and burns.
My previous steamer was a small basic one with a glass lid and it did a much better job and takes up less room in the cupboard.I intend to replace the Sunbeam Deluxe with another basic steamer.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Read more reviews - page 2

K t
K tasked

I want to make black garlic using steamer which means steamer will be on for 14 days or longer. I have 2 questions to make. 1: can I skip cook mode? 2: can I keep steamer on for many days safely? Thank you for your immediate response as I am keen to make black garlic sooner.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Kt. You cannot override the cooking times. this machine is not intended to be used for such extended periods of time.

Lbaritone
Lbaritoneasked

How can I get a replacement bowl? Teflon flaking a nd rice sticking more unless I spray with oil, neither can be healthy

G_S
G_S

RE: Sunbeam RC5600 7 Cup Rice Cooker and Steamer (RC5600)]
Harvey Norman advised me that you can purchase a replacement bowl for this rice cooker directly through Sunbeam as a spare part, quote the model number RC5600 :-
Sunbeam spare parts Ph:1300-881-861. Trouble was the part was horrifically priced. I think around $30 + shipping. I didnt rush out and buy the spare.

Sunbeam do the right thing: reduce the price of your aluminium rice bowl and improve the flaking teflon coating

Jane B.
Jane B.

Yes I want to be environmentally responsible and not just throw out Rice Cooker due to small amount of teflon coming off the rice cookers bowl ...

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

CategoryRice Cookers