Sunbeam SmartBake Custom BM7850

Sunbeam SmartBake Custom BM7850

MPN: SNB-BM7850

Dev

DevMelbourne

Does not last as long as older model. Costs too much for such a short life span

Had this bread maker for a little over 2.5 years. The LCD screen and buttons have stopped working. My previous bread maker (also sunbeam) lasted over 10 years. For the price this has a very short life span. Dont waste your money on this brand. Make good bread while it lasted

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Lynne MeekBatesford

I wouldn't use any other bread machine

I have been using the Sunbeam Smartbake in my cafe for nearly ten years, and love it. We have two running five days a week on the Dough cycle, sometimes two or three times a day, and they generally last for around twelve months. The only issue I have is that the later models overcook the fruit bread, which we cook using the Sweet Bread setting, and the alarm is extremely quiet. Apart from that, I would say please don't stop making it!

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Mike

MikeUmina Beach

Awful machine

1st loaf wasnt 1kg & was light in colour, pressed for dark. 2nd loaf after adjustments, sunk in middle. 3rd loaf did exactly how i did in old panasonic machine, another disaster. Tried recipes twice in book, horrid. A dud machine Sunbeam. Waste of money. Back to Panasonic.
Very disappointing

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Gen_fb

Gen_fbNSW, 2304

Only use on setting. Makes if beautifully, most of the time

Good recipe booklet, quite a few options, though there are plenty of recipies online. I evolved my own.
I use option 04 (wheat bread) to make a wholemeal/grain (with pepitas, sun flower seeds, linseeds, seasame seeds and poppy seeds).
Only issue is after 3months seed 'flap/dispenser' started working intermittently, about 50% of the time. So in affect got a wholemeal loaf and a dispenser still full of goodness after 4-odd hours every othed time.
I still make 2-4 loaves a week, the bread is beautiful, so good I can't even remember how much it cost when we got it (Dec16).

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Bernie

BernieZillmere

Disappointed with the colour.

I have only baked two loaves of bread and found it is easy to use, the bread taste nice but if the sides are a nice colour then the top is pale or the top crust is nice and the sides are burnt. My previous breadmaker was a Panasonic and doubt you could get a nicer loaf.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

bred cooker

bred cookercorio

worst breadmaker I've ever come across!

Attrocious machine. The set recipes are dreadful. Top crust very undercooked, and had to tweak custom recipes like mad to get anything remotely satisfactory. Often doesnt cook completely, and have to put loaf in oven to complete!
Also bucket made of flimsy, bendable metal. After tapping on side to remove loaf several times, bucket bent out of shape!!
I suspect whoever designed this machine has never baked bread at home.
Save your money for something better.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Choo choo

Choo chooSydney

Never again Would i buy a sunbeam product !!!!

After trying everything this machine has never produced an acceptable loaf of bread ! My old reliable machine gave up after 10 years of reliable bread making ( sunbeam machine ) thats why i replaced it with another sunbeam , very dissapointed. Im not going to waste my time trying to deal with customer service.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

cecilia

cecilialaunceston

Top price but bottom quality (product and customer service)

Date PurchasedMay 2015
S.L.

S.L.Melbourne

Poor customer service feedback

Recipe for mixed fruit bread went strictly to the instructions but not enough liquid therefore bread mixed in little balls like marbles. Rang and emailed customer service twice, no answer to email, customer service person tried to be helpful but didn't know, said he would ask and get back to us didn't hear anything.
Not happy don't they care what customers think?

Date PurchasedJan 2017

JennyBlackburn

Kaput machine

Ha! Ha! I have to endorse previous opinion. I only baked 3 loaves. Tried to use it recently and it continues to trip the house switch. Now a added problem it bakes very burnt bread. It's kaput. Shame on you Sunbeam taking no responsibility for a crappy product. Recalling the product is the only way to save your name.

Date PurchasedJul 2015
Jenny

More complaints about this product but people cannot be bothered to go through the process. Udeless product

Good while it lasted

Bought it two and a half years ago. FIrst machine wouldn't work at all, replaced with this one. Only used it once or twice a week.
Made lovely bread, but now kaput. So each loaf cost $1 each in depreciation.
Disappointed in durability of this machine, would not buy this make again.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Very buggy programmable capabitlity

I have had this for a couple of years now. I use it only to knead and rise my dough and depend heavily on the programmable capability. Unfortunately it is very buggy. In particular, it always reports an E05 error because it didn't see a bake cycle!! That means I don't get a proper end of cycle beep. It also forgets my programs on a regular basis. The program spot just goes empty after the E05 sometimes. It also occasionally fails to turn on the heaters for the rise cycle. What I do like, and the ONLY reason I have stuck with it is the ability to alter the steps mid cycle. I have tried 3 different machines - all the same.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

HannyMandurah

Never had a successful loaf of bread from this machine..

I have tried about 7 different recipes, changed level of water in some, yeast in others never had any luck.. very disappointed, I thought Sunbeam was reliable and had a good reputation. I have now returned the machine to Harvey Norman, they gave me a store credit.. Wouldve preferred my money back but that didnt happen.. thank you

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Good somewhat oversized paperweight

This used to bake lovely loaves of bread. Then after 2 years the LCD screen broke. Not sure about other peoples standards but a machine of this cost from a supposedly reputable manufacturer should last 5 times that. Like our first non-Sunbeam one did. Jam it Sunbeam. Not buying anymore.

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Max

MaxWanaka

Second time lucky

Like the design and finish- hence why I purchased. Appears easy to use so far.
I have only made one white loaf and it was a flop despite following the recipe... the flour didn't mix on the sides and it was flat. Any recipes people can recommend that work please?

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Motherboard stopped machine useless

Had this bead maker for 2 years also then one day the LCD screen goes black and can't use it anymore. Very poor design and unreliable. Made to brake and replace but not with a Sunbeam I can assure you ! Seems like this machine has built in failure after a few years, its a shame the electronics fail when the rest of the machine is still sound.

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Fifi

FifiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not perfect, but good

You could say i am mastering the skill of breadmaking. SLOWLY. Its relatively easy to use. EXCEPT you need to put due pressure on the buttons to use it. It has a good variety of bread, dough, pizza dough options. You can even make jam. Not too bulky on the counter either.

Vera

VeraSt Georges Basin

Dud Machine!

I bought this machine 3 days ago and I have made 4 medium loaves. I am so disappointed as all loaves sank in the middle, were very doughy in consistency and very light in colour. All in all, totally disastrous! Flour and yeast were fresh and sunbeam recipe was followed. Also tried a bread mix. I have had two previous bread machines and have experienced nothing like this. I bought Sunbeam thinking it would be a reliable brand. What has gone wrong?

Never Again

Mother board burnt out after two years and no compensation from supplier. Also never mixed in all the flour; had to catch it during mixing cycle and scrape in the flour from the edges.

Harvey WilsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great step up from a basic machine

Harvey Wilson

Thanks for your reply Sunbeam. Can I suggest that perhaps the next model should have a volume control, then everyone would be happy :)

Arthur M.

Arthur M.asked

Bought a Sunbeam smart-bake bread-maker 4 years ago and today the panel would not respond when I tried to push the program buttons. What can I do? Can I get it repaired? It worked very well and I would like to have it repaired if possible.

Lynne Meek

I have had this happen, and I bought a new one. It may be that something has worn out. You could contact your local service agent, and see whether they can repair it, but you might find that it is more cost-effective to buy a new one, especially if they charge a minimum fee. I love mine. I use it every day in my cafe kitchen and, because we use it so much, I have gone through a few of them, but I wouldn't use anything else (have tried some others). I hope Sunbeam never discontinues it.

Hi Arthur M,
These are generally not repaired as the cost may not be worth it.

Patrickasked

We have a Sunbeam Smartbake Custom, bought Dec 2017. The buttons have stopped working, it all lights up but nothing happens when the buttons are pressed.
We really like this machine and this is the second one but this is the same fault as the previous one we had.

Is there a way to reset it

Hi Patrick,
So sorry to hear of this. There are not any re-set or tricks to resolve this unfortunately. Given this is your second unit with the same issue, please call 1300 881 861 we would like to replace this for you. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Patrick

Thank you, that’s excellent, I have been in contact with Sunbeam and forwarded the proof requested.

Kylie

Kylieasked

I have just bought this bread maker and the screen does not come on , I'm following instructions, what am I doing wrong, where's the on button as start is not it.

Lynne Meek

No, there isn't a button to turn it on. The screen should light up as soon as you switch the power on. If that's not happening, it may be faulty and will need to be replaced. Try it in another power point to make sure.

Hi Kylie,
We are very sorry to hear about your experience with your product. Please be assured all customer feedback is taken seriously and your comments will be forwarded on to our development and technology teams. Please return this to the place of purchase for a replacement. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

CategoryBreadmakers