Sunbeam Sprint SR6300

1.3
  • Product is used
  • Safety

Waste of money!

lasted 2 mths then started playing up, I believe it is the "auto switch off" that is faulty, it finally got un-bearable, only worked when it felt like it and just got worse :( Took it back for a refund.

Maurs
MaursGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Waste of money, waste of time

Had this iron not even a month. It really does not perform well at all. Terrible on linen, I am so disappointed with it. Creases remain even if the fabric is damp. I have tried steam, shot of steam, spray..Nothing positive about it. If I had kept the packaging I would have returned it. I have just done a comparison with my cheap Kmart iron..... thumbs up.... Sunbeam sprint BIG thumbs down. I have been able to return it to Myer. New iron needed & it won’t be Sunbeam

Purchased in at Myer Online Store for $60.

Rubbish iron

The only thing positive is that it is light. It doesn’t iron well constantly have to fill it and auto switch doesn’t switch off for a very long time. It does have a long cord.

Hammo
HammoSouthern and Hills, SA

Fail on all counts. Do not buy.

Purchased in at Home Hardware for $115.

AGC
AGCSydney, NSW

Blew up for no reason

I've had this iron for about three years and I was never thrilled with it but it did the job. The whole time I ironed, black bits would come out of the holes onto the ironing board and clothes. Anyway, today I plugged it in as usual and it literally blew up for no reason. Fire came out the plate and it made a big pop sound. It tripped the mains switch. I have never had an iron blow up on me before, lucky I was ok. Don't think I'll be buying Sunbeam again.

Purchased in at Target Australia for $60.

Customer SupportSunbeamSend a private message

Hi AGC,
I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via this please.

RDS
RDSHunter Region, NSW

Nasty Iron - If I could give it one star I would - Do not Buy

Purchased this as the last iron lasted a while and was sunbeam, what a big mistake, no matter what setting it is on, it pulls the clothes takes the material off and the water constantly leaks everywhere, the biggest peice of junk every purchased. In the bin it will be going.

Purchased in at Home Hardware for $60.

Andypoo
AndypooLane cove

Black bits....

Was quite good to start with but know after 8 months the base is peeling and leaving black marks on clothing and does not glide very well, rather bad Sunbeam, off to Philips for me!

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Best Household Appliances Awards 2022!

Home is where the heart is. And with these reliable, Award-winning household appliances, home can be where the rest of the body and mind take comfort, too. Based on consumer reviews over the last year, we've picked the best household appliances to buy in 2022, from air purifiers to steam mops.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
best-household-appliances-awards-2022
Tracey
TraceySouth East Queensland, QLD

I wish you could just say do not buy!

I also wish I had read the reviews & bought something else! This is the worst iron I have ever purchased!!!! I have always been a fan of sunbeam irons but this one does not deliver at all, for a steam iron, it doesn’t get hot enough. It drags the clothes & does not glide. i was given a Myer voucher for Christmas & bought late January on sale for $59, what a waste of money!!!! I spend hours ironing for the clothes to look like they are crushed. I suggest to take it off the market & stop disappointing your buyers!!!

Purchased in at Myer for $59.

Peter
PeterNorth Queensland, QLD

Sunbeams White Elephant

Purchased in at Harvey Norman for $99.

Worst iron, ever.

I wish I had reviewed this iron more before buying. It is horrible. It doesn’t get hot enough to iron anything and doesn’t “glide” at all. Takes double the time to iron business shirts and even then doesn’t get the finer creases out leaving the shirt looking un-ironed and unprofessional. Don’t buy this iron unless you want to be disappointed. I’m just hoping MYER will allow me to exchange it without the box (still have receipt thankfully).

Purchased in at Myer.

Customer CareSunbeamSend a private message

Hello Username2020,
So sorry to hear about your experience with this iron. However all our irons come with a 100 day money back guarantee, so you have the option of refund or exchange.
Thank you for you feedback.

humbugSoutheast, SA

Worst performing iron ever

This is the worst iron I have ever owned. It doesn't glide. It doesn't get hot enough. It catches on all fabrics and it is truly hard work to iron all materials but especially linens. Besides which it cost $145 because I had no other option but to buy it at the local country hardware.

Hi humbug,
Sorry to hear of issues with this iron. Please return it to the store of purchase.

humbug

Thankyou for your reply. I have returned the iron for a full refund and hope that your company can iron out all the problems.

Debra
DebraVictoria

Makes ironing so much harder

Wish I had read the reviews first. I was reluctant to replace my 14 year old otherwise perfectly good sunbeam but with a broken water cover. The Sprint is truly awful, just as the other reviewers have said. I will be returning it!

Purchased in at Myer Retail Stores for $119.

Hi Debra,
Thank you for your feedback. I will be passing this on to our product and design team that you are not satisfied and will be returning to the store.

Sunbeam sprint sr6300

Will not take creases out of denim jeans, sticks to my daughter work shirts and burns nylon as soon as it looks at it.
Then it wont heat up or steam absolute rubbish money back would be good, tried cleaning it to get it to steam, made no difference to the ironing if I had the receipt I would take it back.

Customer C.SunbeamSend a private message

Hi Noform. Apologies for the issues you are having with your iron. Please contact our customer care team on 1300 881 861 for further assistance.

Donna

This is the worst Sumbeam iron I have ever owned, I am extremely disappointed.

When I first tried this iron, I thought what is going wrong with Sunbeam and their irons. The iron would not glide over my clothes and pulled the fabric back with it, adding more wrinkles than what I could iron out. This iron doesn't appear to heat to the temperature guides.
The button for steam is loose and is depressed and unable to release steam.
I have only ever purchased Sunbeam irons. I was 18 when I bought my first iron and I am 60 years now. It was the most expensive of the Sunbeam irons and I am so bitterly disappointed.
I should not have to buy another iron in such a short time.

Hi Donna,

Sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced with your iron. please give our customer care team a call on 1300 881 861 and they can further assist you.

Donna

I bought a $25 iron from Kmart. It does the job.

SimonG
SimonGCliftleigh

Ok

All in all it is an ok iron.
But not as good as the old Sunbeam i had for 15 years or more.
Heats up ok and spray and steam features work great but there does not seems to have the heat in it.
Maybe they make them safer these days and there is not so much heat in them.