Suncorp Home Insurance

Suncorp Home Insurance

TimTam

TimTamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Had to leave because of the premium increase

We were completely covered by Suncorp for the Brisbane 2011 floods. They were amazing. Less than 2 years later we discovered that the insulation we had in the walls before the flood had been removed by builders but never replaced. It took months and many, many phone calls until finally a fantastic employee was assigned to our case and got it sorted. We also had our mortgage with Suncorp. Unfortunately by 2014 our home and contents premiums had gone up 708 %. We changed both home insurance and mortgage to Westpac. Seems now though that all insurance companies are charging flooded properties massive premiums without the option to opt out - as if all 5 floodgates of the dam are going to be releasing all that water again

Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2011

Petra

PetraSydney, NSW

Waste of money - Fine print should read “We love your premium for no compensation benefits”

Coverage TypeContents Only
Property TypeApartment/Unit
Claim MadeNo
Jess P

Jess PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Doesn't actually cover anything!

We've been insured for the past 4 years. Recently had a claim as our tenants absolutely trashed the house and stopped paying rent. Nothing was covered at all, not even the lost rent!! We couldn't believe it. We've always had positive experiences with our car insurance through Suncorp but they have been absolutely useless with our investment property. We'll be looking for a new insurance company.

Coverage TypeHome Only
Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateMarch 2019
Clive S

Clive SSouth East Queensland, QLD

They just reject most claims

I have attempted to claim motor burnout after air conditioning unit failed. As usual Suncorp denied the claim stating it was not contents. Don’t insure with this company. Never had a successful claim.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Property TypeApartment/Unit
Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Rudolph

RudolphSydney, NSW

home and contents insurance

Could not be any better. Communication was very good and tradespeople for the repairs were outstanding.
Compared with other insurance companies in our area we are the luckey ones after the big hail stones devastated many houses

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Jim Abrolhos

Jim AbrolhosSydney, NSW

Keep away from GIO and mother company Suncorp Home Insurance

Claim DateDecember 2018

They will do whatever it takes not to pay out

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Sam

SamSouthwest, VIC

Ruthless , Cunning , Unprofessional Suncorp

SPYD4M4N

SPYD4M4N

On hold for more than an hour

Trying to reach Suncorp home claims to follow up on the status of my claim, currently waiting over an hour to get through. Previously waited more than 45 mins on two occasion to get through.

Now I regretted having my home insurance with them.

ZSG

ZSG

Excellent service

Been with the insurer for 2 years now. Had to make a claim on the home insurance. Customer Service was brilliant, professional contractors. Couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Insurance claim madeYes

Will do anything not to pay you out... Disappointed, have been a customer for 13 years.

Insurance claim madeYes

Do not use suncorp insurance

Insurance claim madeNo

Treated like I was the criminal & claim denied

suncorp don't pay

Pete

PeteClayton

Terrible Services and so unprofessional!

My investment property home loan is Suncorp. This year they tried to call me several times to sell their insurance. But the sales used my home address as the insured address, I just found out when I did the tax return for my investment property. I just want to ask them, do you buy the landlord insurance for your residential property? They want to charge me $35 for the changing address. I said please cancel the insurance due to the unprofessional service. They cancelled it and charge me $33 for the Cancellation. So unhappy conversation on the phone and I will never use any product from them again!

Insurance claim madeNo

LizPhillip Island

Should not be in Business

Braidwood

BraidwoodAU

They need to employ RELIABLE competent builders

Been with this insurer for more than 50 years.

They need to use RELIABLE builders and communicate better with their builders. We got sick of getting phone calls and emails from builders providing a complete scope of works, a start date and end date, and then not bothering to show up or let us know. We were inconvenienced several times by builders and their representatives who never bothered to show up at specified times. Suncorp also kept us in the dark during these periods.

Insurance claim madeYes

Do not buy this insurance

Did everything right as a customer of 9 years with home and contents, multiple policy but when I needed something from them the response was slow. Not only that but leaving me for weeks without any contact and being interrogated like a criminal was less than ideal. Not to mention the amount of my time this required just to process my claim.
3 months later after break and enter at my home, I am still going without my items. Not good enough.