Suncorp Home Insurance

Suncorp Home Insurance

Also

AlsoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Landlord insurance

Suncorp landlord insurance you need to read all info before signing up they will scam every way to get out of honour claim an excessive charges go done where else bad co

Claim DateNovember 2019

Takes months, covers nothing

Worst company. Took months for the claim to be processed. Then found they wormed their way out of coverage using any excuse they could. had been with them 6 years and left high and dry when we needed them.

Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateSeptember 2019
TimTam

TimTamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Had to leave because of the premium increase

We were completely covered by Suncorp for the Brisbane 2011 floods. They were amazing. Less than 2 years later we discovered that the insulation we had in the walls before the flood had been removed by builders but never replaced. It took months and many, many phone calls until finally a fantastic employee was assigned to our case and got it sorted. We also had our mortgage with Suncorp. Unfortunately by 2014 our home and contents premiums had gone up 708 %. We changed both home insurance and mortgage to Westpac. Seems now though that all insurance companies are charging flooded properties massive premiums without the option to opt out - as if all 5 floodgates of the dam are going to be releasing all that water again

Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2011
Petra

PetraSydney, NSW

Waste of money - Fine print should read “We love your premium for no compensation benefits”

Claim MadeNo

Jess P

Jess PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Doesn't actually cover anything!

We've been insured for the past 4 years. Recently had a claim as our tenants absolutely trashed the house and stopped paying rent. Nothing was covered at all, not even the lost rent!! We couldn't believe it. We've always had positive experiences with our car insurance through Suncorp but they have been absolutely useless with our investment property. We'll be looking for a new insurance company.

Coverage TypeHome Only
Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateMarch 2019

Clive S

Clive SSouth East Queensland, QLD

They just reject most claims

I have attempted to claim motor burnout after air conditioning unit failed. As usual Suncorp denied the claim stating it was not contents. Don’t insure with this company. Never had a successful claim.

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Rudolph

RudolphSydney, NSW

home and contents insurance

Could not be any better. Communication was very good and tradespeople for the repairs were outstanding.
Compared with other insurance companies in our area we are the luckey ones after the big hail stones devastated many houses

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Jim Abrolhos

Jim AbrolhosSydney, NSW

Keep away from GIO and mother company Suncorp Home Insurance

Claim DateDecember 2018

They will do whatever it takes not to pay out

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim DateJanuary 2019

Sam

SamSouthwest, VIC

Ruthless , Cunning , Unprofessional Suncorp

SPYD4M4N

SPYD4M4N

On hold for more than an hour

Trying to reach Suncorp home claims to follow up on the status of my claim, currently waiting over an hour to get through. Previously waited more than 45 mins on two occasion to get through.

Now I regretted having my home insurance with them.

ZSG

ZSG

Excellent service

Been with the insurer for 2 years now. Had to make a claim on the home insurance. Customer Service was brilliant, professional contractors. Couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Insurance claim madeYes

Will do anything not to pay you out... Disappointed, have been a customer for 13 years.

Insurance claim madeYes

Do not use suncorp insurance

Insurance claim madeNo

Treated like I was the criminal & claim denied

suncorp don't pay

Pete

PeteClayton

Terrible Services and so unprofessional!

My investment property home loan is Suncorp. This year they tried to call me several times to sell their insurance. But the sales used my home address as the insured address, I just found out when I did the tax return for my investment property. I just want to ask them, do you buy the landlord insurance for your residential property? They want to charge me $35 for the changing address. I said please cancel the insurance due to the unprofessional service. They cancelled it and charge me $33 for the Cancellation. So unhappy conversation on the phone and I will never use any product from them again!

Insurance claim madeNo