Ego SunSense Daily Face SPF 30+

Ego SunSense Daily Face SPF 30+

it's not matte, but i still really like it

So this product is not exactly matte finish but it's not greasy either, I quite like the dewy look it gives. I have acne prone skin and chose this as a zinc only sunscreen to reduce inflammation and redness and this definitely did the job. I use this on clean skin without any moisturiser underneath and no makeup over the top. I have light olive skin and there is a slight white cast that dries clear but I think this would be more visible on darker skin tones. The main thing though - great sun protection! I surf, and this offers excellent water resistance. Converted to zinc only for sure.

Purchased in February 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $5.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation No

No longer good after changing the new formula

I used to use this every day for so many years but since the new foluma introduces i can no longer use this product as it gives me break out and itchy

Terrible and it used to be great

I have been using this for many years. About 10 months ago I developed a rash on my face and my doctor and I couldn't work out the cause. We didn't consider this sunscreen because I had used so long. But following a process of elimination, finally worked out this is the cause. Also it goes lumpy if you have moisturiser or attempt to wear makeup with it which wasn't the case in the past. My friend who also has used for years has complained of the same issue recently.

Terrible!! What a waste!!

I wanted a sunscreen for my face and the sunscreen range didn't burn my skin before or irritate it. So I thought I was safe buying it. I thought I could use it like a bb cream. I put it on after cleansing my face (wash, tone and moisturise), put on a wide brimmed hat and in the shade doing some gardening. I got burned after being outside for 45 minutes. It kept peeling and flaking while I was outside. The burns are everywhere I put the cream. I am really disappointed and upset because I have been super careful with my skin this summer, avoiding the sun and getting burned. I haven't been this burnt in years.

My face is on fire!

Bought this in a skin cancer clinic with high hopes. It burns as it goes on, even on the cheek area - I don't even dare to put it near my T zone! Matt finish is definitely not what I would call it. My skin was very shiny afterwards, but I pretty much had to wash it off because of the burn.

I chucked it in the bin!

I came across this product at Chemist Warehouse.. sounded great.. rubbed some from the tester on the back of my hand.. cool. Back at home when applying it to my (clean normal skin), face it's like it's peeling off as I'm rubbing it in to my skin now I've got like orange crumbs over my face. Not one to give up I tried applying it different ways... making sure I gave the tube a good shake. Same result...ok so I don't feel comfortably wearing it on my face I'll try it on my forearms so It doesn't go to waste! Same mess on my arms, had to use a baby wipe to wipe all the crap off.The smell isn't that great either. Out of frustration I threw it in the bin. Buy a decent BB cream with SPF instead.

Definately NOT MATTE

I have dry skin and this cream still looks very shiny on me...I am very disappointed, it is a high price to pay for an item that is no where near matte. This was the only reason I purchased the product. I have tried waiting for 30 minutes with still no matte effect. Would give zero stars if I could.

Flakes off my face within 30 minutes

This is the first face sunscreen that I have tried so I do not know how other compare.
It feels nice when applying on the face and i don't see any obvious changes in complexion except that perhaps there is a slight glow.
However within half an hour if i touch my face the product comes off in little balls. I can't apply make up over and i feel like I the product falls off my skin straight away and is probably not be effective against the sun.
Would not recommend and I will be trying something new.

Totally recommend!

I have been using this tinted sunscreen on my face since a dermatologist recommended it nearly 15 years ago and have no intention of changing. I have pale ivory skin that is considered normal (touch on the dry side as I'm getting older). I use four pumps which covers my face and neck. This sunscreen goes on easily and does not leave my (normal to dry) skin shiny. I don't apply foundation over my sunscreen. I've always used sunscreen, but started using this sunscreen when I was 30 years old. Growing up in sunny Queensland with fair skin was a challenge, but I am very thankful now that I used sunscreen and wore hats religiously. I am about to turn 45 years of age and only have lines near my eyes when I smile. Please ladies....even if you don't use this sunscreen, use a sunscreen EVERY day, rain, hail or shine. You won't regret it!

Very disappointed in this product

I was totally disappointed in this product as it left a shiny greasy sheen on my face and I was unable to apply my make up over it, as it went streaky.
Also the skin on my face became quite hot once it was applied. Have applied it on four seperate occasions and had the same result each time, so won't bother using the rest of it.

SPF 50+ is excellent for my sensitive (and very pale) skin

I have very pale skin, so often opting for a tinted face sunscreen ends up disastrous and very orange-esque.
After reading some reviews, and my local chemist having a tester of this product, I found the tint to be very sheer and works with my skin tone, and the skin tone of my friend who is tan!
The first application stung a little but after 5 minutes that had passed and each use afterward did not present the same issue.
While the formula is not matte, once is has set into the skin, it becomes luminescent and not at all oily.

Burns

Had such high hopes for this cream but the colour of the tint is orange and as I am writing this my skin is burning. I haven't had this reaction from other sunscreens before so it's not that I'm overly sensitive. Also I wonder about the other reviews saying its not greasy?? Well that's just not the case, I don't have a nice matt finish or a nice 'glow' just a sticky burning face.

Love this cream!

This is a lovely cream, it seems like a normal face cream - you wouldn't really know there is SPF in it. It initially goes on looking almost luminous, which I love, however tones down within the first hour or so giving you a slight glow but not a greasy look. I use it all over my neck & décolletage - love feeling so protected from the harmful sun.

Steer clear if you have sensitive skin!

Prior to using this, the other sunscreens I had been using were breaking me out, so I thought that this would be a better alternative for my combination/acne prone skin. I don't really have sensitive skin but I had a reaction to this. I used this under my makeup and noticed a weird tingling sensation a few minutes later; I didn't think anything of this as I hardly get reactions. Yet, a couple of hours into work, my skin got itchier and I saw that the skin around my mouth, around my eyes and on my cheeks started forming little bumps (almost looked like pimples), and the corners of my mouth were dry, red and irritated. Now that I've done my research, if you have sensitive skin you should steer away from chemical sunscreens (e.g. oxybenzone) as they can really irritate your skin.

My one must have item

First time I tried it,I was given a sample at Dockland on Australia Day. Now I can't live without it. It's light, easy to apply, you can feel the moisture and see the glow. I love the sun protection as I have very sensitive skin and prone to hyper pigmentation and cannot just use anything. I feel confident that my skin is glowing and protected too. I Love it so much that now daughter uses it and I recommend it to family and friends and I love that people can see the glow in my skin and comment how great it looks. this is my one must have item. The only issue I have is that I can't buy it at the supermarket, I have to go to the shopping centre to priceline or chemist warehouse to purchase it.

A great face sunscreen

I've been using this product for about 6 months. I've tried other sunscreens for the face but find that they smell awful. This product does not have a scent at all. It has a sight tint, however I still wear makeup over the product. It is non-greasy and I have combination skins that tends to break out. A great product you won't reget buying!
value for money and the feel on the skin

Good

I think this is a great product as it is affordable and can give a healthy glow depending on skin tone and hair colour as it has a slighly tint of colour. It's great as a primer before foundation.
Provides highest sun protection for a sunscreen. Two in one product, sun protection and colour. I like to use this protection as a primer before I apply my foundation.
The colour. I don't like this wear this alone as it doesn't do my enhance the colour of my face, instead it gives a dull appearance to my face. Though it's a great colour for my friend, as it gives her a healthy colour. After a few hours the product can peel.