Supercheap Auto

Terrible service, selling faulty battery and not doing exchange or refund

Bought a car battery from Supercheap Rockdale store. Installed it and find out it is faulty. Call NRMA roadside assist to check and confirmed it is faulty. So I brought the Battery back to supercheap for an exchange. They said the battery is working and not doing exchange or refund. The warranty card provided by Supercheap saying 30months warranty is not a real warranty. They do not accept the return and ask me to contact the manufacturer directly. Unbelievable experience.

Jan RGippsland, VIC

Best Customer Service

Could not fault the young ladies Customer Service skills from entering to leaving. the store 22/6/21(afternoon)
a pleasant smile, greeting and asking what i was after, sent me in right direction got what i wanted on paying commented on finding what i was looking for, saw my name on my card and thanked me by name and have a pleasant day...was lovely to see and hear, it was a pleasure to shop there...just like customer service should be....
will now be my go to branch...even tho its 1hr 20mins away, (closest to home)

UnHappy GilmorePerth, WA

Terrible Lazy Staff at SCA Cannington WA

Ordered online Click and Collect, I chose Cannington as the 2 water bottles are In Stock in this location which is faraway from my usual sca shop. Ordered this together with the auto reeling air hose.

Went to the shop to collect and the staff told me that some items were out of stock and needs to be refunded. All he did was took a photo of the receipt, I knew he will process it later. After a few days I did not received any refunds, so the drama begins, lots of emails sent to SCA , lots of time wasted.

You lazy guys should process the refund straighaway not when you want it.

I would NEVER go to Cannington Perth..

UnHappy Gilmore

Hi SCA, if your staff at Cannington do their job, this would not drag for very long time. It only takes 5-10 mins to do the refund mate. How crazy lazy is your staff?

Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops

Find out how Supercheap Auto compares to other Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops

Useless

I don't know if they are good at stealing my money or just good at wasting my time. I bought 2 things from them 2 weeks ago and still haven't even received a tracking number. I requested a refund because of this and still no reply

Cruz
CruzPerth, WA

Great product range

My fuel tank cap was lost and it took me a while to look for a matching cap. Supercheap has a great range of fuel tank caps and that saved my life!

Jarrod
Jarrod Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disgusted

I was recommended wrong battery for my car, fried my electrical system cost $630 repair and this business wouldn’t refund the wrong battery or take any responsibility for the fault. The staff speak like scum.

Darryl F.
Darryl F.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Sealed beam headlight

Went to Noarlunga(SA)'store looking for a sealed beam headlight.After looking for item myself with no luck asked staff member where I could find the sealed beam headlights.Was told they don't stock them and I was 10 years late.So Supercheap Auto don't cater for owners of classic cars.Maybe they should advertise this fact.Lost me, won't shop there again.

MrG
MrG

Don't use store stock for shipping so no advantage in postage speed, better to buy from eBay for half the price.

Made the assumption that because an item (stereo wiring harness) was in stock 300km away (in Berrimah and Im in Katherine) that I'll receive it within 5 business days. Supercheap instead shipped from Adelaide (9 X further away) so closer to two weeks wait for $10 postage fee.... Could have received the same item in my hand quicker for literally half the price from many reputable eBay stores.

Customer CareSupercheap Auto

They advertised $99 change your own oil.

I went to buy the change your own oil pack as advertised for $99 in my local store. They didn't have the 10 litres and they said i needed a different oil as well and different oil filter and it was going to cost allot more. I'm strongly against false advertising especially when they give a price. What a scam. Very upset.

Carmine M.
Carmine M.

Superexpensive proper name

Super helpful

Went in to get a new wiper blade for my back windscreen. The person who served me found the correct product and fitted it for me and also showed me how to fit it myself for next time. They were patient and very helpful, made my life easy!

Mary
Mary

It was the Preston (VIC) store on Chifley Drive, Sunday afternoon - a young woman served me but I didn’t get her name. She was great!

Why have online sales

bought water pump online. Failed within 3 months. Won't give warranty because bought online and don't know which store it came from. Why offer online??

Alexander Santillan
Alexander SantillanSydney, NSW

Manager is Rude

Bought bulb online and it offer fitting in the car for a fee. Paid it all online. When I pick up the bulb and have it fitted, the manager insist it CANT be done! Manager is Rude and ask me to leave the store. Dont ever go to Chatswood outlet. You will just be frustrated. Customer prior me also upset with her order and waited 1 hour.

Ian
IanTasmania

wrong item

My order was delivered onetime and fairly quick but unfortunately two of the items were incorrect i ordered two 30 meter air hoses and received two 10 meter hoses as a substitute which for me was not a fair substitute after many calls to the store and head office i discovered the item i ordered wasn't in stock at the local branch, i also had to make a few calls to arrange a refund on the difference of the two items, this was my first and last time i will use the online ordering, i did question why another store that had the stock didn't do the order and no one could give me an answer.

Customer CareSupercheap Auto

Ailing customer service and Air Fryers don’t mix.

Glen
Glenasked
Supercheap Auto

who manufactures sca engine oi l filters

Michael F.
Michael F.asked
Supercheap Auto

I am a regular SCA customer and have always had excellent service and staff have always been knowledgeable and helpful. But on this one occasion, which I should have chased up before now, I bought a car battery for my VE SSV and was advised that I needed to use the battery model finder tablet at the battery section for the correct one for my car or there would be no warranty, which I did with the help of a knowledgeable and senior sales assistant and purchased a battery costing around $300 About 9 months down the track I start to have issues starting the car as the battery was flat, I checked my cluster settings for the behaviour of lighting when locking/unlocking the car(Egress lighting) and everything was the same as it has always been. The previous battery lasted 6 years, and 2 years of that was with my Alpine Stereo System installed by Authorised Installer, Pro Sound at Jesmond NSW. I took my car to an auto electrician who checked over the electrics for faults and found no issues with the charging system, but what he did pick up was the colour view indicator on the battery indication that the battery was dead/faulty and needed replacing (the colour was black) I told the AE that the battery was only 9 months old and I’d have it replaced under warranty and paid for his service. I always keep receipts for purchases for the car, as it’s a collectable 1 of 1000 Special Edition G8 models made by Holden and exported to the US as a Pontiac GTO G8, making it the last Australian made car that will ever be exported. I took the receipt to the store I purchased from and relayed the results of the AE and that the battery indicator was indicating a dead battery. I was immediately told there was no warranty for batteries sold by SCA and that the battery indicator must be faulty and he continued with most battery indicators are faulty or display an incorrect colour. He informed me he needed to test the battery with SCA’s device used for checking batteries, which he did and the results said it’s definitely a faulty indicator and the battery just needed a good charge. I thought to myself, if there is no warranty why is he even bothering to check it and why at the purchase of the battery was I told to make sure the right battery model was selected or I would have no warranty (it was the correct model as only one low profile battery was offered by SCA’s finder and recommended by V8 Supercars by the SCA finder) At no point was I told there was no warranty on the battery when purchasing after being told to use the SCA finder to get warranty on the battery.
So this is my question, is there a warranty on car batteries SCA sells and are they using false advertising if there is no warranty? And am I protected by consumer laws for a replacement Even though it has past the warranty period but my complaint was made at the nine month mark which would be logged by their system when the sales assistant checked my purchase date on my Club Account even though I provided the receipt?
And just for the record, I did charge the battery with a commercial grade car battery charger and there was no change, the indicator was still black and the battery still behaved in a faulty manner. Due to Covid19 I have been unable to afford a new battery have to jump start the car multiple times on a daily basis and had to disable my egress lighting putting my personal safety at risk, hoping the charge from driving will start the car at night.

Esther
Estherasked
Supercheap Auto

SCA got price promise guarantee for their members that I noticed its not being tracked properly. I've placed an order SAU0001267711 on 27/05/2020 and not long after that there was a significant price reduction for that same item on 07/06/2020 but I did not get the credit as promised even after waiting for months.

When I emailed it to customer service, the reply from Tyler is the price guarantee is only for 14 days and my case above is a month after I ordered it. I mean can your team do simple math? 27/05/2020 to 07/06/2020 is 12 days and not 1 month. When I replied saying its not 1 month and they've got the math wrong, I've never heard from SCA ever since.

Gullible1
Gullible1

They are not really interested in communicating with anyone with problems. Just ring and ask for a supervisor as I did and eventually got what I ordered although a long time after delivery was promised.

dre
dre

They don't seem to answer emails

TOMME
TOMME

No after sales service, only 1 in 10 staff know anything about cars. Perhaps some training in customer service would go down well .supercheap should take a look at Repco & see how it’s done properly. & no I don’t have any connection to Repco it’s just an observation!!

Get an answer from our members and Supercheap Auto representatives