Supercheap Auto

Supercheap Auto

Online Store and Physical Store

See the Best Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Club Plus Price Promise

When I was initially offered a SCA Club Plus Membership, I was told one of the best benefits of this benefit is the Club Plus Price Promise where SCA credit the difference for the price of a product you’ve purchased which goes on special within two weeks. And they told me this is for any SCA store or online.

I purchase something from their official SCA EBay store on Thursday and on Saturday they reduce the price by almost $50.00. I call them up and I'm told that I can't enjoy Club Plus Membership benefits if I purchase something from their official EBay store. I did remind them that it is still SCA's official store and they don't mention anywhere on their website, EBay store or in-store that I can't enjoy Club Plus Membership benefits on EBay. Supercheap Auto's Club Plus Price Promise is a big lie just like the lies they tell you when they sign you up for the Club Plus Membership.

Poor customer service - no backup of product

Bought Permatex Windshield Repair from Supercheap Auto Wodonga, and despite following instructions exactly, using the kit resulted in an extensive crack rendering the windscreen unroadworthy. Supercheap took no responsibility for their product, and instead fobbed me off to the manufacturer which also took no responsibility. I've lost faith in Supercheap Auto, and their commitment to standing behind their products.

Store LocationWodonga Victoria

Very bad since changes to website and club account

I have been a club member and frequent purchaser over the years doing the vast majority of my purchases online. I became a club member primarily for the transaction history , Not having to keep receipts as having them in my order history meant i could reprint them if required for warranty and returns purposes. I also would like to add the credit offered to your account if a recently purchased item is reduced in price and a credit applied to your account.

I noticed about mid 2018 not all my transactions were showing in my order history and some of these missing invoices were for big ticket items sort of defeating the purpose of SCA claiming for members there is no need to retain your invoice because they are stored in your order history in your club account.

After another considerable purchase this week i noticed it also was not appearing in my order history so i emailed Supercheap Auto asking why the IT issues with my account since last year. I got this reply

"Thank you for your email.

We launched a new web platform last year and unfortunately not all members have access to their online order history.

I have however attached your transaction history for your convenience.

Should you have further questions or concerns please contact us at your convenience.

Kind regards, "

I did receive an attached PDF with my recent purchase history but what did surprise me was also my recent purchases from other stores within the Super Retail Group ie Rebel Sport.

So the issue with some club members accounts has been acknowledged and known since mid 2018 and has not been dealt with as demonstrated by my purchase this week.

Sometime during 2018 significant IT changes have been made at SCA and those changes have had IMO a negative impact on the business and even more disappointing is there seems to be no desire to address the flaws associated with having a club account and the the benefits associated with being a club member account holder.

SCA have certainly gone backwards in regards to there website shopping experience and it would be fair to say i have found myself placing more and more online orders with my nearest Repco store.

I don't know if you have farmed out your IT in recent times SCA but whatever it is you have done it is not as user friendly.

It's OK, if you desperately need parts

I rarely go to supercheap nowadays. As they are not really cheap at all. I get most of my parts online . Engine oil filters and air filters are the normal yearly maintenance and will be wise to order in bulk to save on shippings. Plus give your car a favor, just get the oem from the dealer. I just went to Toyota and Kia dealer and found that there's not much price difference. And Kia $10.97 oil filter (sump plug washer included ) is cheaper than Rycos equivalent. Great thing is oem's are designed for your car. For special tools: online supercheap 18 Pieces ToolPRO Brake Piston Wind Back Tool Kit = $76.97. Ebay is selling a 22pcs forAU $26.95. Supercheap should stay competitive against online competitors. A lot of times their prices are $30 to $40 more expensive.

Don't Bother

Trying to find wiper blade refills was a joke. Only 1 guy on the floor and about 5 customers waiting. Peak hour on a Thursday night. Approached the counter and was sold an entire blade unit that didn't fit my car. They advised they couldn't fit it as they didn't have the staff available. Took it back and was insultingly asked if I knew how to install it. Yes, that's how I knew it was the wrong one. They were good about a refund, and then sold me the wrong refills. I'd rather lose the money than go back there. Will go on ebay.

Store LocationBelmont WA

Fantastic service

Today I visited Suprcheap Auto at Keysborough Victoria in Cheltenham Road. I am very happy, and recommend anyone to go there. I had the rubber refills replaced on my front wiper blades and the driver's side headlight replaced. The headlight replacement is a difficult job on my 1996 Mazda 323 hatchback. The staff, Stuart and Josie, are friendly and helpful. Fitment cost of wiper rubbers was only $5, and fitment cost of headlight bulb was $10.

Peter

Store LocationSupercheap Auto Store5132 Cheltenham Road Keysborough Victoria

Don't order via website

Ordered what i thought was two gas struts on their website. Ad stated gas "STRUTS" and Qty2.
Only one arrived. Left message no reply and won't let me leave feed back (review) on their website.

Warranty issues [solved]

Bought a battery with 3 year warranty, professionally installed by Supercheap Darlington. Battery has failed 2 years in with 2 reports from RAA Approved mechanics (one independent report paid for under RAA membership and one from dealership). Despite these reports Supercheap refuse this evidence initially. Contacted head-office and battery successfully replaced under warranty.

Store LocationSupercheap Darlington

Poor Quality Battery Terminals

The battery terminals that I bought from SCA was of poor quality. It broke when I was attaching it on the battery. I bought it, assuming that it was good, as it stated on the packaging that the quality was guaranteed. The packaging was deceiving. Total waste of money.

Store LocationCarseldine

Nothing Positive to Say, will never use Super Cheap Auto again!!

On the 07/04/19 We ordered an Alternator online for my Holden Captiva which was to be delivered to the Super Cheap Auto Logan Store, we got told delivery would 10 business days from date order was placed. We rang when due, only to be told, it will arrive now on the 20/05. We rang again to be sure if it’s arrival on the 20/05 only to be told, sorry, it’s on B/O... now not arriving to their Logan store until the 15/06!! Are you kidding me!!?? They blamed it on their supplier, an absolute cop out! I will never shop with this company ever again. This has put so much stress on our family, would should have just paid the extra $600 to have a mechanic do it for us that week, Shane on you Super Cheap Auto!

Order never arrived. When queried was told it was "suppliers" fault, still waiting

Ordered a car hail cover (>$250) in mid April in anticipation of winter storms. Online order said it would take 5-7 days to be delivered. After 2-3 weeks it hadn't arrived so sent an online query. After a few more days I received a phone call that said the supplier was out of stock and hadn't let them know, but it was in now and would be sent the next day. No worries, I understand things like this happen sometimes, but still disappointed that I had to chase up an item after waiting for far longer than I should have. About 1-2 weeks later I received an email stating that the item that was supposedly already sent was no longer in stock, and that the supplier isn't expecting it in until late June. Very disappointed that they would take a large sum of money when an item isn't in stock for over 2 months and provide incorrect advise to string me along a little longer. Surely out of stock items would be flagged in their system so they aren't taking payment for things they don't have!

Unbelievably bad service.

Special order parts, so perhaps it is understandable that these will take a bit longer but two weeks later, no communication and no parts. Initial replies to my questions were conflicting. One said the parts weren't available and they would get back to me. The next that they had arrived at the store and would be sent within two days - four days later, still nothing. When I asked which message was correct I was only told 'We are sorry there has been a miscommunication'. I sent three more emails asking what this actually meant with no reply. Called, was put on hold and was then cut off. Called twice more and eventually a refund was organised.

useless

Warilla NSW , 9am store still not open, ( should open 0830) 6 customers waiting, then staff member comes out and puts notice on door, “will open when we can, “ i call head office and complain ,
i say to 6 customers Autobarn just up road, lets go there, we all leave
useless service cannot even run a store,,!,

Store Locationwarilla nsw

One of the best example of worst customer experience!

If you want your day to be ruined, then go ahead into Supercheap Auto. Seeking help from their staff is like waiting for the Titanic to arrive at the Sydney International airport!! You've been warned. Keep up your bad business model going Supercheap, because you will eventually sink down the bottom of the pits.

Super Cheap non-existent customer service

Ordered online. 1 item missing when I got my items. Have messaged them twice to the email listed on the invoice and its now over two weeks later and they haven't replied to me at all, and they haven't refunded me. I have also contacted them using their general email address and again not even a reply to that.

Of the products received, they are ok and probably a bit cheaper than some other stores, however they appear to be lower quality than I am used to.

Absolutely disgusting that they cant even be bothered to reply, and why on earth should I be paying for something they haven't delivered. You know how good a company is by how well it deals with things when something goes wrong. You cant trust this company at all.

Staff commendation

A big thanks to the wonderful young man from Earlville Cairns store, for going above and beyond for me On Sunday 14/4/19. Needed a bulb for blinker but could not get the cover off, he came out showed me how to do it for future reference and then proceeded to do it for me. Even offered to assist me getting my wheelchair back into car. Not the first time I have had great staff interaction and great customer service.. Well done all..

Store LocationEarville Cairns QLD

Product not matching what it explained

I brought touch up paint for my car which is zero percentage match to original. Why Supercheap Auto sell thought product which doesn't satisfied customers, it only giving false information. Even I go back to talk regarding out come of product used but staff who sold this product didn't accept there mistake..... even I try what they explained three layer coat but still no match to original color. Through My friend help I got touch up online which is around 95% matching to original. .. only visible scratch mark if we go closer.....

Also price are higher than other shop.... I brought car wash shampoo half price in BigW, Kmart........

If you want proof contact me via email - [contact details removed]

Store LocationLakemba

Hardly ever works

I found it was OK up to 10 items, but when I tried to add a few Ryco A310 filters, the system had a melt down. Three days now, signing in and tried several ways of getting to air filters but no luck. I've always found ordering a major challenge on Supercheap's online set up. Tired of phone calls to get things sorted. Back to Repco for me. Not worth the time spent getting half the things into the cart and crash.

EXCELLENT SERVICE

Experienced problems with dash cam purchased December, 2018- spoke with Tyna and the problem was solved. Eventhough Oxley store did not have the same dash cam in stock she obtained one from Mt Garvatt store. However as Supecheap does not transfer stock from store to store, Tyna organised for a staff member to take it home and she collected it from there.Excellent customer service. Many thanks Tyna.

Awesome customer service

I recently ordered new brakes for my car, I received and email the same day saying they had been sent. My package was estimated to arrive next week but I have just received a message saying they are being delivered today. So happy