Surge Health & Fitness

Surge Health & Fitness

disapointed

disapointedPerth, WA

no compassion at all

i use to be a member of surge in carramar and enjoyed the gym but 3 months ago i had to move home and was living 30 km away and couldnt get to gym , i explained this but they didnt care and told me to go to kings square one .its been 3 months now and i havent been to the gym as i physically cant get there .i explained this but they still keep taking money out .. i finish my year contract this month and now they want to take another 3 months of pay out because of covid freeze,
absolutely disgraceful

do not try to leave

we gave correct notice to cancel our membership, let them know it was not the gym just a change in circumstance as we had been members since King Square opened , after several conversations and the promise to stop the direct debit as we are no longer members , they are still at it !! gym was great the company is a disgrace we never join again.

Worst experience

I wanted to cancel membership due to personal circumstances. I was almost 7 months into my contract and I was told I cant cancel unless I get a certificate from a doctors stating that I am physically incapacitated to work out! It was a joke talking to the branch manager who was ever so rude to me. I was charged a $375 cancellation fee! Avoid at all costs and especially there are now other Gyms around that offer no lock ins. This is Surge Fitness Wanneroo around Drovers Markets.

Bootcamps & Fitness Programs

Find out how Surge Health & Fitness compares to other Bootcamps & Fitness Programs

Waz

WazPerth, WA

Cancelation of Membership

I went in to the gym when my 16 year old wanted to join. I asked all the questions and my main specific question was can we cancel and the answer was YES with a 1 month notice. We requested a cancelation and have been told we are on contract for a year. When i called in to discuss I am told that I am rude and I was told I went for the cheaper option which is the contracted option. He has now paid for 6 months and has not been and they still will not cancel his membership.

Elliot W

Elliot WPerth, WA

Absolute waste of time!

Below average equipment, facilities are either broken,unavailable or dirty, absolute terrible value for money considering you can get a sauna, Olympic sized swimming pool , spa and a good gym at Craige leisure centre for the same price with much more friendly staff, I wish I would have known what the real surge was like before the persuasive, pushy sales team wasted my time and money!

Don’t join unless you plan on never leaving

It will cost you up to $51 on top of one month membership if you wish to cancel, and they do not make it easy for you to cancel, you have to go in and sign form and then someone will call you about your cancellation to confirm but also to try and recontract you. Gyms are toxic places is filled with insecure people, you should go to a yoga studio instead, it’s more fulfilling in my opinion.

Jess

JessPerth

Bad turned into a good experience with Surge Clarkson

Long story short, I signed up to Surge (but didn't know I was on a contract) and a few months later I was made redundant from my job, so I tried to cancel my contract with Surge, which proved difficult as I was made aware I was on a contract. It took a few months to figure out a resolution but at the end of it all, I was shown empathy towards my financial hardship and was able to find an agreement to cancel my contract even though I still had months left to go. I am pleased with the outcome

Not Happy

Not Happyclarkson

Check your direct debits!

I recently spotted a duplicate direct debit on my account when checking my statements from two months prior.
When I queried it they explained that they had had a problem with the bank that day and many members had been charged twice. I wonder if I hadn't had queried it if they would have ever refunded me. There was no apology either. Not a good experience - I will be checking my subscription charges more closely in future.

Love this gym!

I've been a member for 9 years, I have watched the gym grow and improve. In my experience, the staff are very friendly, the classes are good ( especially Jayne ) and the equipment is mostly new and modern and in good working order. Thank you.
I'm sure there would be many more positive reviews but we only tend to review to complain so try it out for yourself! :).

New guy

New guyPerth

Premium price for a premium gym

As the title suggests, it is not cheap. The facilities are first class and far better than any other 24 hour gym in Perth. Clean showers and secure lockers are a plus. Only downside was the sales guy who gave me the tour. Assumptive selling and skipped past the 'cooling off period' section in the terms and conditions. With only a 48 hour period to change your mind, this could catch a lot of people out and have them stuck in a legally binding contract they're not happy with. Be sure to read t&c's carefully.
Thankfully I am happy with the facilities so I won't be leaving any time soon

Jim

JimPerth

Over priced and useless

Staff are terrible, you expect good advice and proffesional staff for the price you pay but you get neither. Staff rarely respond to queries and any emails I sent never got replies. Theres no point joining the gym when there are better gyms for half the price.

Rude, unprofessional,

Rude and unprofessional.

Shinny

ShinnyPerth, WA

dissapointed

dickiedickerson

dickiedickersonPerth, Western Australia

Disgusting Oppotunism

I was a member of this gym and wanted to take my partner with me whilst she was on holidays. They charged me $20 for a single visit. As this is the case - I will not be continuing my membership. Surge gym - you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Worst gym in WA! Appalling customer sercive

Jonica

JonicaPerth

Don't sign on the dotted line!

Tried to cancel membership, physically went in to do this but they'll give you the run around to ultimately keep taking your money

Refused entry to simply look at gym equipment.

bad customer service

Jane rocks !!!!

I'm sad to be leaving surge clarkson as Jane has been a huge inspiration to me ! I have lived for her fitbox and RPM classes and found inner strength I hadn't seen in a long time :-) you will be greatly miss by me :-( kind regards Ness x