Surge Health & Fitness

Surge Health & Fitness

See the Best Bootcamps & Fitness Programs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Waz

WazPerth, WA

Cancelation of Membership

I went in to the gym when my 16 year old wanted to join. I asked all the questions and my main specific question was can we cancel and the answer was YES with a 1 month notice. We requested a cancelation and have been told we are on contract for a year. When i called in to discuss I am told that I am rude and I was told I went for the cheaper option which is the contracted option. He has now paid for 6 months and has not been and they still will not cancel his membership.

Elliot W

Elliot WAU

Absolute waste of time!

Below average equipment, facilities are either broken,unavailable or dirty, absolute terrible value for money considering you can get a sauna, Olympic sized swimming pool , spa and a good gym at Craige leisure centre for the same price with much more friendly staff, I wish I would have known what the real surge was like before the persuasive, pushy sales team wasted my time and money!

Don’t join unless you plan on never leaving

It will cost you up to $51 on top of one month membership if you wish to cancel, and they do not make it easy for you to cancel, you have to go in and sign form and then someone will call you about your cancellation to confirm but also to try and recontract you. Gyms are toxic places is filled with insecure people, you should go to a yoga studio instead, it’s more fulfilling in my opinion.

Jess

JessPerth

Bad turned into a good experience with Surge Clarkson

Long story short, I signed up to Surge (but didn't know I was on a contract) and a few months later I was made redundant from my job, so I tried to cancel my contract with Surge, which proved difficult as I was made aware I was on a contract. It took a few months to figure out a resolution but at the end of it all, I was shown empathy towards my financial hardship and was able to find an agreement to cancel my contract even though I still had months left to go. I am pleased with the outcome

Not Happy

Not Happyclarkson

Check your direct debits!

I recently spotted a duplicate direct debit on my account when checking my statements from two months prior.
When I queried it they explained that they had had a problem with the bank that day and many members had been charged twice. I wonder if I hadn't had queried it if they would have ever refunded me. There was no apology either. Not a good experience - I will be checking my subscription charges more closely in future.

Love this gym!

I've been a member for 9 years, I have watched the gym grow and improve. In my experience, the staff are very friendly, the classes are good ( especially Jayne ) and the equipment is mostly new and modern and in good working order. Thank you.
I'm sure there would be many more positive reviews but we only tend to review to complain so try it out for yourself! :).

New guy

New guyPerth

Premium price for a premium gym

As the title suggests, it is not cheap. The facilities are first class and far better than any other 24 hour gym in Perth. Clean showers and secure lockers are a plus. Only downside was the sales guy who gave me the tour. Assumptive selling and skipped past the 'cooling off period' section in the terms and conditions. With only a 48 hour period to change your mind, this could catch a lot of people out and have them stuck in a legally binding contract they're not happy with. Be sure to read t&c's carefully.
Thankfully I am happy with the facilities so I won't be leaving any time soon

Jim

JimPerth

Over priced and useless

Staff are terrible, you expect good advice and proffesional staff for the price you pay but you get neither. Staff rarely respond to queries and any emails I sent never got replies. Theres no point joining the gym when there are better gyms for half the price.

Rude, unprofessional,

Rude and unprofessional.

dissapointed

dickiedickerson

dickiedickersonPerth, Western Australia

Disgusting Oppotunism

I was a member of this gym and wanted to take my partner with me whilst she was on holidays. They charged me $20 for a single visit. As this is the case - I will not be continuing my membership. Surge gym - you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Worst gym in WA! Appalling customer sercive

Jonica

JonicaPerth

Don't sign on the dotted line!

Tried to cancel membership, physically went in to do this but they'll give you the run around to ultimately keep taking your money

Refused entry to simply look at gym equipment.

bad customer service

Jane rocks !!!!

I'm sad to be leaving surge clarkson as Jane has been a huge inspiration to me ! I have lived for her fitbox and RPM classes and found inner strength I hadn't seen in a long time :-) you will be greatly miss by me :-( kind regards Ness x

Really bad customer service

Went in today to look at the gym and join spoke with the sales lady found her to be really rude that we walked out went to Jetts at carramar they were so nice made us all feel welcome well done jetts

overpriced and hidden prices everywhere for a average facility, would not recommend

Make sure you find out and ask about ALL the prices associated before you join, ALWAYS BE CAREFUL and check they are taking the correct amount of money at the right time ! i DO NOT recommend to any one unless you want to waste money

Eleanor

Eleanor

Worst customer service

When we signed up we were under the impression it was not on a 12 month membership, which we were then told we were, my husband tried to put the gym on hold as he had a contract for 3 months which they seemed very understanding and put on hold, when he reinstated it he was charged a fees which was not explained at the time, i cancelled my membership which took a while for someone to get back to me, and i was told there was a cancellation period of 30 day which would still be charged but because i hadn't been able to go in and physically cancel it they kept been charging me every week ( which again was not explained to me) even though i told them i had been away for a funeral.

Classes not that great, customer service is bad