Suzuki Boulevard M109R

Suzuki Boulevard M109R

See the Best Cruiser Bikes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Suzuki? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.4
  • Handling
Brett Pascoe
Brett PascoeSydney, NSW

Love This Bike

It's a beautiful bike to ride and very easy to work on. Everyone i have seen and spoke to that has one are easy going and are genuinely nice people. its all about the bike and not a fake look at me i'm in a bikie gang like most Harley riders. It's a whole lot of fun to ride so get used to bugs in your teeth from all the smiling when you ride .

Shauni Lo Monaco
Shauni Lo MonacoSydney, NSW

This is a great one

Love it - very good I encourage anyone to buy it because it is a very top product and I’m so glad I bought it. Defs go out and get one

Purchased in January 2020 at Isuzu Dealers for $14,000.00.

Very unreliable motorcycle.

Bought new 2019 Suzuki Boulevard ML 109r Boss with dangerous defect that causes it to randomly lose power at running temperature resulting in only being able to limp down the road at 10 to 15 mph putting the driver at extreme risk when in traffic. This has happened over 10 times in 6000 miles twice with a passenger. Both local Suzuki dealerships have not been able to fix the problem.

Purchased in April 2019.

JAC
JAC

Suzuki did not disappoint

Purchased in July 2019 at Bikebiz.

130,000 mls in ten yrs

Purchased in May 2019 for $13,000.00.

Should I or shouldn't I

Purchased in October 2018 at Colemans Suzuki for $14,845.00.

Gear Box Problems

Second gear and selectors replaced twice. first time under warranty (should have sold it then) second time at a cost of $2000. On the way out for third time now at 68000 kms. Bought this bike instead of Harley as I mistakenly thought would be more reliable. First and last Suzuki.

Date PurchasedApr 2007
dnlmclean
dnlmcleanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A Cruiser that ticks all the boxes.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

Milo
MiloAdelaide

Big twin

The Suzuki Boulevard M109R has a lot of torque gear changes are almost not required the bike pulls like mad it is a serious machine the bike is quite heavy and not all dealerships are keen on replacing the huge rear tyre the fit and finish of.the bike is quite good.

Date PurchasedJune 2015

Find out how Suzuki Boulevard M109R compares to other Cruiser Bikes

The best cruiser ever made, without doubt.

Date PurchasedApr 2012
Freddy
Freddy

q

m109r clutch cable

When I first got my 109 I noticed every time I'd accelerate I could see the clutch leaver move. e.g tighten told kesner suzuki but they said all is normal. If the cable was not correctly adjusted e.g not enough slack it would break the cable. Had my 09 m109 le for a year now and loving it.

Date PurchasedSept 2015

I love my M109R

I bought my M109r last year after exhaustive research of reviews. I have owned MANY bikes over the years. I am totally satisfied with my M109r. I also have a super sport bike (Honda CBR 1000rr). I can't decide which is more fun! The sport bike is more nimble and super fast, but the M109r nearly as quick and super comfortable. I was interested in the VMAX but the M109 is much more easy to maneuver and nearly as fast, and the styling is better. I get comments every day about my M109r. I traded a Harley for my m109r,super choice - the Harley was so lame. The M109R is the perfect sport cruiser for me

wayne_gibbs
wayne_gibbs

Quality finished muscle cruiser

noel f
noel fSouth East Queensland, QLD

great cruiser more than enough power.

I bought this bike about a month ago and was the best thing i ever did even though it is a 2007 model it still looks like new. It's more comfortable than my last bike and you can customize it as much or as little as you like. It is great on fuel as well almost as good as my old 950 i had.

Rusty
RustySydney

2" extensions on stock risers.

Boys said it all! Have nothing else to add. 4 out of 5 for the earlier mentioned reasons such as, need 6th gear and ABS. Other con's can be fixed. Wouldn't ride any other cruisers if given a choice. I saw some comments about 2" risers and cables. As a matter of fact, no need to replace any of the cables to fit 2" risers. However, having said that, top tree on the fork needs to be removed to divert clutch and controls cables behind the fork and placed back. Works well, enough slack for full L\R turns. I got it done on mine. Any Q?, happy to help.Take care.

Read more reviews - page 2

Lesson Learnt
Lesson Learntasked

G'day, I have a 2019 M109R. On group rides I am often told my bike is too quiet - particularly when overtaking other riders. Is there a simple way to increase the exhaust sound without fitting new pipes, or compromising the ECU? I've seen a video where extra holes are drilled into the end of the exhaust but am not sure if this will make a worthwhile difference. Another video mentioned removing baffles. I don't want it to sound like a jumbo jet taking off. Am I asking for the impossible? Cheers, Nige

Solomon Siya M.
Solomon Siya M.asked

I have 2007 M109r when I start it I see petrol coming from the air filter I changed pipes it became better but I still see the petrol.

Geoff R
Geoff Rasked

I had to refit the temperature sensor to my 109R because the gasket had a slow leak. The sensor is situated between the cylinders. Some water was lost when re-fitting. I am concerned there is now an air bubble in the cooling system which will affect the performance of the cooling system. Should I wait to see or will the engine take up the water lost thru take up from the water overflow bottle or should I refill via the radiator run the engine, refill, run the engine until the air (bubble) has gone.

See all Suzuki Boulevard M109R questions