Suzuki Boulevard M109R

Suzuki Boulevard M109R

See the Best Cruiser Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Very unreliable motorcycle.

Bought new 2019 Suzuki Boulevard ML 109r Boss with dangerous defect that causes it to randomly lose power at running temperature resulting in only being able to limp down the road at 10 to 15 mph putting the driver at extreme risk when in traffic. This has happened over 10 times in 6000 miles twice with a passenger. Both local Suzuki dealerships have not been able to fix the problem.

Purchased in April 2019.

Suzuki did not disappoint

Purchased in July 2019 at Bikebiz.

Mileage 300 km

130,000 mls in ten yrs

Purchased in May 2019 for $13,000.00.

Mileage 200 km

Should I or shouldn't I

Purchased in October 2018 at Colemans Suzuki for $14,845.00.

Mileage 17,203 km

Gear Box Problems

Second gear and selectors replaced twice. first time under warranty (should have sold it then) second time at a cost of $2000. On the way out for third time now at 68000 kms. Bought this bike instead of Harley as I mistakenly thought would be more reliable. First and last Suzuki.

Date PurchasedApr 2007

dnlmclean

dnlmcleanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A Cruiser that ticks all the boxes.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Milo

MiloAdelaide

Big twin

The Suzuki Boulevard M109R has a lot of torque gear changes are almost not required the bike pulls like mad it is a serious machine the bike is quite heavy and not all dealerships are keen on replacing the huge rear tyre the fit and finish of.the bike is quite good.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

The best cruiser ever made, without doubt.

Date PurchasedApr 2012
Freddy
Freddy

q

m109r clutch cable

When I first got my 109 I noticed every time I'd accelerate I could see the clutch leaver move. e.g tighten told kesner suzuki but they said all is normal. If the cable was not correctly adjusted e.g not enough slack it would break the cable. Had my 09 m109 le for a year now and loving it.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

I love my M109R

I bought my M109r last year after exhaustive research of reviews. I have owned MANY bikes over the years. I am totally satisfied with my M109r. I also have a super sport bike (Honda CBR 1000rr). I can't decide which is more fun! The sport bike is more nimble and super fast, but the M109r nearly as quick and super comfortable. I was interested in the VMAX but the M109 is much more easy to maneuver and nearly as fast, and the styling is better. I get comments every day about my M109r. I traded a Harley for my m109r,super choice - the Harley was so lame. The M109R is the perfect sport cruiser for me

wayne_gibbs

wayne_gibbs

Quality finished muscle cruiser

noel f

noel fSouth East Queensland, QLD

great cruiser more than enough power.

I bought this bike about a month ago and was the best thing i ever did even though it is a 2007 model it still looks like new. It's more comfortable than my last bike and you can customize it as much or as little as you like. It is great on fuel as well almost as good as my old 950 i had.

Rusty

RustySydney

2" extensions on stock risers.

Boys said it all! Have nothing else to add. 4 out of 5 for the earlier mentioned reasons such as, need 6th gear and ABS. Other con's can be fixed. Wouldn't ride any other cruisers if given a choice. I saw some comments about 2" risers and cables. As a matter of fact, no need to replace any of the cables to fit 2" risers. However, having said that, top tree on the fork needs to be removed to divert clutch and controls cables behind the fork and placed back. Works well, enough slack for full L\R turns. I got it done on mine. Any Q?, happy to help.Take care.

Ian

IanDarwin, NT

Great cruiser with grunt

Bart

BartMannum

Good bike but not awesome.

ChookSYDNEY

Muscle bike

Chook

Have since added 2" riser extensions and 2" longer braided cables.
Riding position and comfort levels improved greatly.
Still my weapon of choice.

The Ride

My first cruiser was a c50 and now the m109r Unreal power with comfort and quality built would recommend to anyone after a unique power cruiser.

M109

M109Adelaide, South Australia

Love My 109R

I've had my M109R for a little over 6 months and I love it. Handles well through windy bends as well as straight freeway riding. The 1800cc engine packs plenty of punch and has a good sound even with the standard pipes. Not only does it have great performance it has a stylish look.
Power & acceleration, handling, value for money
Not a huge selection of custom parts.

What a bike!

growly

growlyCanberra, Australian Capital Territory

M109R for touring

RICEY
RICEY

Hi I was wondering where you got the 2" risers from? Also what modification did you have to do to the wiring, cables etc. Would appreciated if could advise. Cheers.

DIRK V.

DIRK V.asked

The airfilter keeps coming loose from the bracket due to vibration, what can fix the problem?

Loctite

X Z.

X Z.asked

I know this must not be a beginner bike, but I just love this unique look, can this be my first bike for my daily commute? (mostly highway and a bit bumps and hills in the city)

Wicked

It's a great commuter, but I wouldn't recommend it to be your first bike. It's big, heavy,and very powerful. There's more to riding then sitting there going straight on a freeway. Roads curve ,people driving like idiots, etc. Get a small cheap bike to learn the basics then work your way up in bike size. Being on a bike is not a game. There's no do overs. Its life or death and survival. Most accidents are due to people thinking they can just jump on a bike and ride.

Wicked

There's a video on youtube where a young man did what you're wanting to do. He bought an M109R for his first bike and he recorded his first ride. It shows him enjoying the ride then a car goes on his lane going toward him.Now an experienced rider had enough time to avoid the car, but this was his first bike.and you could hear him say "Oh crap" I think 3 times. The it took for him to say those words could've been used to avoid the on coming car. He hit the car head on and died. His mother posted the video. If you're young then what's the rush? You have your whole life ahead of you to enjoy riding. You don't want it to possibly end all because you don't want to take the time to learn. If there's a track near you do some track days. Get a used small ninja 300 and learn to race, or the very least, learn to maneuver the bike. Lastly, opening the throttle and going fast is addicting, and also EASY. Much like what most of the idiot kids on the road that ride crotch rockets do between cars. Skill comes when you can negotiate a hard turn with speed. Do some track days and learn to drag your knees. Just my 2cents.

Pat Fiori

As noted by the other comments, it's not a first time bike, bumps can have you losing control if riding experience is limited, at the twist of the throttle you will quickly be in three digits, the shear weight and the 240 rear tyre also come into play. Yes once on the go, it gives you confidence, but unless your riding skills are limited, there are definitely better suited bikes (even cruises) that will give you confidence especially in the wet. Good luck on your journey

anthonyfarmer1971

anthonyfarmer1971asked

Is it a good riding position for your back?

Wicked

It's an aggressive drag style seating so it's a little forward but not too much. It helps with this much torque . Keeps u from being thrown back. It's not a laid back position nor is it a beginners bike. Its big with overwhelming power. I've ridden over 500 miles in one day and no problem.

Steve212120
Steve212120

I added 2 inch extensions and it was very comfortable over long distance.

Pat Fiori

For me, I'm 6'1" so it gives me a relaxed feel and a slightly forward stance which I like now that I am in my older years. I feel in control, sit in the bike rather than on like a Harley, can ride longer with less pressures on the back and arms, fell seat helps for longer rides. Most importantly when you crack the throttle open and say bye bye to whoever you are leaving behind, the seat keeps you planted without being shot off the bike. Hope this helps.

Get an answer from our members and Suzuki representatives