Swann Australia

Swann Australia

Ryan

RyanPerth, WA

Ridiculously poor customer service and average product

Jason

JasonCaroline Springs

If I could give a negative rating I would!!

Customer ServiceSwann

Avoid this brand at al cost.

I have a SWIFI-SPOTCAM that cant show me live play or recordings. This is my third camera. After the original purchase, Swann did an untested firmware update that rendered the camera unuseable and so they replaced it. Last Sept they had an outage and again my camera wouldn't work. They've sent me another and this one doesnt work either. Techs try their best, but they're hamstrung by an inferior product.
Best to give Swann cameras a miss and save the frustration.

Frustrated

I noticed you keep asking all reviewers to provide a case number so Customer service can assist. What is it that they can do that no one else has been able to do so far?

#00698834

John BGAWLER

SWANN Security System - NVR 8580 remote control software and NHD 885MSB camera Infra Red capability

Customer ServiceSwann

Swann One Smart Hub - Made Redundant - No support -do NOT buy (Swann Support Enquiry - 00689894)

I bought a Swann One Smart Hub about 4 years ago and it worked okay, not great or even good, but just okay (less than average and less than what I expected). I then sold the house and stored the security system for 3 years. Now (2021) I went to install it again just to find that the Swann One system is no longer support and that we have to upgrade. You have to be kidding me. I'm not that stupid that I would be hooked in to another system that they may stop supporting. I would not ever install another Swann One system.

Customer ServiceSwann

Thank you Barry for your review - Our customer Service team will be in contact with you directly.

Donald C.Perth, WA

Swan WiFi

So I bought a WiFi wireless camera. Easy to set up but would not record. Spent 1/2 a day on line or a phone call with the help line. They sent a replacement that is even worse.
Will not record even if I try record manually. Will not turn on quick enough. You could break into the car and be in the next suburb before it turns on.
Will take it back and ask for my money back as it is not fit for purpose.

Customer ServiceSwann

Thank you for your case number: Our Team will be in contact directly with you.

PatrickGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Won’t buy these again

Ticket 00685428
Was told to call back when near the cameras. Not much good when they’re a 5 hour drive away.
One camera has now been offline for 8 days, 5 hours, 15 minutes

DerekGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Broke right out of 1 year warrenty - just avoid

#00672342

Customer ServiceSwann

Thank you - We will contact you directly.
Swann customer Service AU

ScottMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Zero stars is where its really at

I bought two of the latest tech home cameras & Both my home cameras have stopped functioning, after service is pathetic and i am sick of companies not backing up their products.
DO NOT BUY SWANN security anything, cheap crap that doesn't last 6 months.
QR connection wont work
Manual connection doesnt work
Reboot doesnt work
Playback doesnt work

The whole thing does not work

Save your money and buy other brands

Too little too late!!
Only now do i hear back from you all because you recieved a poor review.

Check my emails if you wish to respond

Martin B.

Martin B.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Great system but needs improved phone app

I have installed the Swann wire-free camera this morning. While the installation was in line with the setup of similar systems, for non tech people it might be a little difficult. I have installed the camera around 70 meters away from my house to monitor my driveway. I have an outside wifi antenna in line of sight of the camera. While the setup is working as expected, time will reveal it's durability. I do find the phone app aesthetically acceptable and traversable, but the underlying code has not been thoroughly tested. This shows in the way of small glitches when adjusting settings and deleting recorded videos. That said it is livable to work with. More work on the phone app and maybe the release of a web interface would be great.

Customer ServiceSwann

This product is total crap. Dont buy it.

It doesnt work. Once a month it will turn on. Waste of money. Dont buy it. Paid a alot of money. Waste of time.

DonnaSydney

Waste of money. Avoid!!

Alain

Alain

Avoid. Useless wifi camera due to app

Every time on opening app the firmware upgrade starts resulting in a disconnected camera. The firmware upgrade freezes the camera and the app and nothing happens (update in progress still showing after 38hours)

StewartGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Big waste of time and money

Bought a pair of cameras, one of them had metal shaving in the camera lens and required the receiver to be 1-2 meters away to get a wifi signal over 50kbps, the other camera works fine

tech support took 20 minutes to tell me to plug my internet cables in then abandoned then support chat
so far, i'm honestly really disgusted these guys sell faulty products then treat new customers with such rudeness i dont see anything left to do but get a refund and never buy the from swann again

the App is also pretty unresponsive, and the "talk" feature doesnt work at all

Customer ServiceSwann

Unreliable and a waste of money

Bought camera The mobile apps was dropping off the date and time was behind . Been reset several times still the same and play back take forever . The recording not working properly . I regretted of spending big money to buy this product. I reckon you pay for the looks but not performance. Hopefully can upgrade soon with different product.

Sam. LFar North Queensland, QLD

Garbage

Absolute waste of money, cameras have a mind of their own if they want to record or not. More often not

Len C

Len CSouth West, WA

Made Useless by app change.

Wifi camera was working until app change, was not in use at that time and is now useless. Waste oftime

Not Worth The Cost

I bought a Swann dvr8-4580v in March 2019. Installed it myself and it was fine enough to use. Had initial teething issues, but i got used to it. The unit has recently stopped working, it just sits there stuck on a blue loading screen and never progressing. I didnt change any settings, there was no apparent reason as to why it stopped working - it just decided that it had enough of being useful. I called Swann for assistance and after running me through exactly the same steps i found on the internet, i got the usual, "your out of warranty, take it to a repairer".... Now at least i have an $800 paper weight and several dummy camera scattered about my eaves.

joe irvine

joe irvineNortheast, VIC

Biggest piece of crap i have ever seen

Well, what can i say, sometimes we make mistakes and this was one of them.Made the fatal mistake of purchasing the Swann SWIFI-SPOTCAM-GL 1080p WiFi Spotlight Outdoor Security Camera.From the word go it was a disaster.Would not connect to wifi no matter what i tried.Hard wired it and now works but will not record at all on any motion detection.Absoloutley useless.Smashed it and went and bought a ring one.Works perfectly.

Ridiculous

Bought 4 swaan cameras and after the upgrade of the app they will no longer connect, got sent out 4 née ones but explained to them they will not work but they assured me they will so now waiting for a call back regarding this, I am going to ask to upgrade the cameras as it’s the same price as I paid for these ones and hope a different version works I’m so disappointed as I have no security at the moment and had to go buy a security camera for Bunnings whilst I wait for this issue to be sorted !