Swann Australia

Swann Australia

1.4

Pattie

PattieHobart, TAS

Do not waste your money, it's junk that should be allowed to be sold

I bought it and it took 3 long and frustrating hours to set up. It constantly drops off line, it constantly has to be unplugged and rebooted, the picture's great when it does work, but as far as security goes for your home or property, it's a great dummy camera as it's that useless. Now the video footage won't play so I just get a picture that may or may not be useful. In the end I binned it and bought a far superior Yi for less and it's brilliant. Honestly, don't waste your money, they should be investigated for consumer fraud.

NopePerth, WA

Let’s be clear - Swann app does not work

Customer ServiceSwann

Thank you for the reply.
Can you please provide the case number, so that we can review the case and get in touch?

Rgg

RggMelbourne

TERRIBLE!!

Do not waste your money! Bought 6 brand new Swann cameras from Harvey Norman, professionally installed by an electrician who billed for 6 hours. Only to find out that there is major known faults with the product and the app, bought as we've had a peeping tom intruder. Company taking advantage of people trying to make their homes safe, spent over $1000 for cameras that constantly glitch, don't notify in real time of motion, record a blank screen and app that continuously quits.
I am not safe in my home and I feel taken advantage of by Swann. You know it doesn't work, take these damn faulty products off the market!!!

Azz

AzzSydney, NSW

Wish I read reviews

Had the battery powered twin cameras arrive today. I was very excited.
However the cameras constantly fail or take forever to start live feed. The app has just closed down several times also. The speaker on one of the camera is faulty also. A warning pops up as well at times saying ‘failed to start live view playback due device error’ how? It’s brand new!
And after now seeing that there are hundreds of dissatisfied customers who are NOT getting what they paid for, how is SwannSecurity still selling or allowed to sell this faulty product.

And yes I’m on the new app. But clearly it doesn’t work

G D.

G D.Sydney, NSW

SWWHD-INTCM SWANN - AUSTRALIA

First I heard of CYBER hack announced with the Camera, then my camera then stopped working and then stopped pairing, warranty forget it - I tried they have run away, dumb.

Dennis

DennisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

WiFi cameras do not work at all

I Got 3 cameras hanging around the house and all of them are not connecting it's really frustrating. Do not buy them it's a waste of money and time. D

Customer ServiceSwann

New app update rendered unit useless!

Compulsory upgrade of app has now left us with a glorified sensor light. Cannot access live feed. Cannot view recordings. Purchased camera/light due to being broken into. Frustrated to say the least.

Customer ServiceSwann

Wifi swann camera waste you money

Purchased twin pack one was doa replaced by jaycar continuously offline new app is worse
Thrown In rubbish
1% to 4% wifi signal right next to router
Waisted $300 Avery expensive lesson
Customer service crap to

Joey M.
Joey M.

Cannot recall case number as I could not get in touch with them

FBENNYSydney, NSW

Waste of Money. Don’t Bother!

Poor customer service and support. Don’t acknowledge issues with there system. Doesn’t connect to the WiFi and drops outs are constant. The new App is useless. Your home won’t be secure!!

Find out how Swann Australia compares to other Home Care Shops

Has never worked... we’ve given up on them

Both cameras Constantly disconnecting, never worked properly since we purchased. Frustrating to have a product that ‘nearly’ works. Switched to Uniden and had zero issues. Sorry Swann but cameras are not your strong point. Feel free to buy them back off us!

JPH
JPH

Recently purchased Swann

I have just purchased two floodlight cameras and Im really happy how they turned out. App is really easy to use once setup. Will see how it is in a few weeks but so far so good

Hello Joshua
Thank you for the feedback.
Customer Service Team

Swann wireless security camera. So slow and poor triggering to record

Takes up tp15 minutes after triggering before notification comes through. They give an example of a parcel being dropped off and you can tell the delivery person where you would like it placed. This isn't going to happen as the thieves would have been and gone before you would be notified. The camera is only good enough to monitor a door just like a door peep hole. It is next to useless to me. Contacted support support and waited with no resolution, very poor. Not worth buying.

PeterSouth West, WA

The new swann app just wont connect the camera's

My outdoor security cam worked. Since compulsory app change compulsory app change, spent hours with the new app just doesn't work, cant even get a tech online to help. Will never ever buy Swann nor recommend to anyone.

JamesCanberra 2600, ACT

Poor quality products and even worse customer service - avoid

My case number is 00253395

Terrible customer TECH support

After 3 weeks of trying to migrate to the new APP 4 of the 5 cameras migrated over with the 5th now a door stop at best. I have spent hours on the phone on hold and using the call back option to no avail. The 4 cameras are nowhere near what they were on the old APP. And yes SWANN I do have a case number "324443" but that is as useless as your call backs that never happens. Be warned people go buy another brand, for me customer tech support is a very important aspect of the sale of a product like this.
Glenn Wood Coffs Harbour
As good and an ash tray on a motor bike.............................................

Terrible!!! Awful customer service

These cameras continue to reboot, which means they are off as much as they are on. Customer service is awful. Their support is unplug it and plug it back in. That's it! Nothing. I will never buy again

Susan B.
Susan B.

Abel K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolute fiasco

Trained by Telstra perhaps? Avoid - don't waste your money. It doesn't work. Poor tech, poor support, poor comms and about to go broke it seems. Avoid at all costs. Awful.

Update 26 June. The camera just stopped working completely after firmware update. Tried to contact SWANN twice. No response.

Abel K.

Oh, you mean 00301670 (no response), or a new effort on 26 June where you didn't even bother providing a ticket number? Go away SincereBot.

Hello
Our Technical Support team have attempted to call you and have sent you an email under Case: 00326535
Please reply to the email or visit https://support.swann.com/s/, so that we can assist

Simmi scaria

Simmi scariaSydney, NSW

Please buy this product

I been trying to contact this customer service since 2 weeks .when I call them I am on line waiting for 59 mins and got disconnected...no one ever call the customer care..they are waste ..product is ok..but if u unlucky and get a faulty product,throw that .no chance of contacting them

Gippsland Victoria

Gippsland VictoriaGippsland, VIC

Doesn't work and poor technical assistance

My outdoor security cam worked ok prior too compulsory app change. Since then I can't get notifications of motion triggered events and can't access them through the app. I need to know when people enter my property. Tried Unsuccessfully numerous times to have it resolved. One time I did get through by phone the phone cut out and despite having provided my phone number there was no call back. Several attempts to have it sorted via tech online chat always results in the tech suggesting its beyond their skill and to call the help line. Also asked the same questions as if they weren't listening. Will never ever buy Swann nor recommend to anyone.

Customer ServiceSwann

#00322271 . Looking forward to a prompt resolution.

Customer ServiceSwann

Thank you for the case number.
We will review the case and a team member will be in touch directly.

SueHunter Region, NSW

Migrated to compulsory change , it's now a useless peice of equipment

Clips only last 10 seconds not a minute anymore
Its jerky and like fast forward
Can not capture anything useful
Useless waste of money I did not purchase this.. compulsory change has made this a total waste of money

BAHasked

My outdoor cameras just will not work. Had a specialist tech install after many attempts myself but it is still only one camera working and that one will not allow playback.
I have rang your support but really didn't help; I have contact your online support and only advice 'turn it off and turn it back on'.
This is expensive equipment to do a simple job and it will not work, it is not fit for the purpose.

Hello Bah,
Could please provide your case number?
We will then be able to review your case, and get in touch.

Hello Bah,
Thank you for the case number, your case will be reviewed and we will be in touch.

Jenny F

Jenny Fasked

I upgraded to the new app on the 8/6/20, since then I have not been able to arm/disarm my cameras so they are being constantly triggered when I'm home. How ridiculous is that, they also take a lot longer to send notifications to my phone. I have 4 cameras that are now driving me insane - to the point I have to face them at the wall whilst I'm home and then turn them around again when I leave. They worked perfectly with the old app, when will the Arm/Disarm feature be added to the new app? I would appreciate some help please.

FBENNY

Unfortunately this is the issue with the new App. I had issues with connectivity to the WIFI due to the app itself. After doing research and reviewing feedback on both Facebook and the App download page, the issues you are facing are no different. Most customers have complained about the new app and how it doesn’t work. The new App is problematic and the old App was much better. Unfortunately, Swann don’t wish to acknowledge this issue.

Hello Jenny
Have you contacted our Technical Support Team for assistance with your product?
If no. Please visit: https://support.swann.com/s/
If yes. Can please provide the case number, so that we can review the case and be in touch?

Not happy Jan

Not happy Janasked

Will Swann sort the app out so the cameras work? There is obviously an issue and many disgruntled customers.

Bill
Bill

Hi Not Happy Jan.

Well, while I am an open-minded optimist, I am also a cynical realist.

From where I sit, Swann appears not to be customer focused - if it were, the support would be far better and, indeed, the app would have been more robust from the start.

All feedback that I see online supports my personal observation that the support area is not provided with adequate training and is under-resourced. Also, the app is not suited to all (any?) of their cameras and/or has not been tested thoroughly. But, maybe, they though it was what we wanted without asking us!

I am not convinced that the app will improve significantly, or at all. But, you never know. Why not sit on the phone for 90 minutes then get disconnected a few times in an attempt to ask them. [Not called for, but it made me feel good. :) ]

At the end of the day, those of us who have the cameras have to make the best of it. With time, the functionality will be understood and we will move on, eh? There are bigger fish to fry I think, so don't get too concerned about this small blip in our lives. Having said that, we need Swann to prosper and continue, as our cameras go very dark and quiet if Swann stops operating.

Until it improves, POTENTIAL BUYERS SHOULD FULLY INVESTIGATE THE CAMERAS before handing over any money.

As an aside, but nonetheless another example of the inadequacies of Swann, I continue to get emails from Swann telling me to change to the Swann Security App, which I have already done. Only 14 days until they stop ... hopefully.

Cheers, Bill.

PS. IT BE APPROPRIATE FOR SWANN TO COMMENT and provide definitive advice/timelines on any changes. I see they monitor the site.

Brian Ewin
Brian Ewin

I found Swann Phone support is not the way to go as they are not fully trained up to cope with customer problems.

The only to go is to write a detailed letter to Swann Office at Port Melbourne,as I did, explaining in detail, your problem and all details when you first phoned Swann support,.took myself about 1 hour to write.

I E Mailed 4 copies to each Swann section and 5th Letter posted by mail to Swann Office in Port Melbourne on Sunday 7th June ,
By Tuesday 9th I received email saying my 3 Cameras will be replaced and on Thursday 11th received 3 new (Latest Models) Cameras at my door.
I installed 3 Cameras next day ,all working 100%

I will be purchasing again from Swann, as they treated me with respect and gave great service.

Customer ServiceSwann

Please let us know if we can assist further
Customer Service Team

Get an answer from our members and Swann representatives