Swann Australia

Swann Australia

See the Best Home Care Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Swann - offline Cameras just like the support community!

iOS app is terrible, reporting that cameras are offline, even though they still report events. Whats more the support community has been taken down (presumably as the feedback is bad)

Great system, exactly what I needed.

System SWNVK-490SD2 purchased in store locally and carried out preliminary set up the same afternoon. Went ahead and made the system permanent the following day. Setup was strait forward, the system operated perfectly providing a result exactly as I had envisioned it. Excellent clarity in recorded video and reliable operation.
Thank you Swann, I will be purchasing an additional two cameras to add to this set up in the near future.

Max

MaxGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

AT ALL COSTS AVOID SWANN!!

There is a very good reason why this company have such bad reviews. The following experience was shared by 3 other family members and it goes something like this....

1. Camera system (including box) purchased for $900+
2. Two cameras stop working (conveniently after the warranty period expires)
3. Swann Australia have no stock for said camera (and generic versions are not compatible with their system.)
4. All suggested store outlets no longer provide cabled versions of this model.
5. Customer service cannot assist......'The End'

See previous reviews for the WiFi options

Joanne

JoanneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Swann Wifi Security Cameras now not working saying no wifi signal and cannot fix

I have 3 Swann wifi cameras and they were working fine (telling me that I had over 60% wifi signal, now they are saying only 1% signal and there is no fix for this apparently, so they are unusable and there is no support from Swann and you cannot even do a hard resent to factory default modes with these so I would not recommend these cameras at all.

Ben

BenSydney

Absolutely appalling - don't waste your money.

Having had fake Swann Cameras for a while, I thought I'd up the ante & install some real video cameras, both for surveillance & as a deterrent to stalkers, burglars & unwanted intruders.

Keeping it simple, the fake Swann cameras did a better job for less money!

Felix

FelixGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Frustrating poor design

Bought a wireless twin camera from jaycar after specifically asking for user friendly. 3 hours trying to connect then an hour with swann.no luck.taking them back. Poor app design. The "next"prompt was hidden so i changed font sizes. Still no luck. Swann said others got past my stage and still couldnt connect.

MarnzPerth, WA

Got my password reset!

Peregrineswift

PeregrineswiftSouthwest, VIC

"Happy Swann" - Obviously Odd one out

calais

calais

Ugly swann

Rubbish, camera's show rainbows, stay in black and white during the day, sometimes one or more won't show any image. Remote app connectivity issues. I could go on about other issues but I have wasted enough of my time with this ugly Swann.

BAW

BAWSydney Surrounds, NSW

What a bunch of garbage!

Purchased their product online before an overseas trip, what a bunch of garbage!

Forgot to include products. Daily false alarms. Remote camera view doesn't work. Tech support is terrible, weeks of back and forth with no resolution as they can't figure out what the problem is.

Have had to leave work numerous times, today I got over 40 motion sensor alarms. Camera motion sensor goes off over changes in natural light.

All their products are complete garbage.

LenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Swann 8 Channel DVR with 720p cams (a budget pack special)

Len

PS: the 3Gig WD HDD cost $150 and arrived by courier in 1-2 business days and paid for via AfterPay/ Best of luck!

Harrykalos

HarrykalosSydney

Good value

BREACHES PRIVACY.. flawed by showing you other ppls houses in app. Constant offline also

Bottom left snapshot is not of my house and not what one expects from a security company to show you when you buy into their latest cameras on offer for 2019.
I explained of the issue and they want me to pay postage to send their faulty camera back.
Umm hello your cameras are broadcasting outside the network and breaches PRIVACY!!

Along with the constant Offline when house has 2 modems bridged on both 5 and 2.4 and a server to be sure not one dead spot.

Move onto Ring Security as this is my 3rd lot of Swann Cameras being faulty and over them.

Buyer Beware proof in pic below 1/6 of that was not from my house.

Karise

KariseSydney, NSW

Terrible product!

$300 camera stopped working after 3 months!! After 4 phone calls, 2 emails, and 2 sets of technical support calls they finally agreed it was faulty and agreed to replace the camera, which when we got it, had the exact same problem!! Then refused to refund our money and said we have to go back to JB HIFI. Worst customer service and terrible product! Just wish I had read these reviews before wasting our money.

Cheap garbage

You would be better off spending a bit more money on a quality product. Worst performing product that shouldn't be sold on the Australian market. Never will I by a Swann camera again. Poor recording functions mean you won't even capture moments when they happen.

PattieHobart, TAS

It's utter garbage - buy a YI Home instead

Awful piece of junk. Difficult to set up, took me 3 hours. Picture's good but it regularly drops out and stays disconnected for no reason and can't be reset remotely like the YI Home can. Often doesn't alert when there's movement, which is what it's for. Can't use it wirelessly, it has to be connected to the modem which defeats the purpose of the thing. The camera itself is flimsy, the cords are too heavy for it so it's weighed down and won't sit properly at the right angle so it has to be propped up or put in something and packed. It should not be allowed to be sold. No customer service whatsoever. It is utter, utter garbage. The ACCC should be looking at this company. The YI Home camera I bought is far superior.

Terry Jackson

Terry JacksonSouth Australia

NOT A GOOD BUY.

Purchased a kit from Kogan. A hub, 2door sensors, one motion and a camera. Took a while to set up mainly getting the camera on line. Downloaded the app. Tried the system away from the house. Have had multiple warnings from camera_up to10 in a row minutes apart_ camera worked for a while, ignored the warnings, but now cannot connect to it. The app is also unstable and requires constant work. NOT A SYSTEM I WOULD ENDORSE.

Kris W

Kris WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst Camera's I've ever bought - complete waste of money

This is 100% the worst product I’ve ever bought

Their slogan ‘advanced security made easy’ is the biggest lie ever. Forever disconnecting, extremely difficult to set up, Countless phone calls to customer support for. You can’t reset it yourself to start over. I literally have no hair left

Perfect as long as you don’t want to find any recordings

Had a Swann system for 4 years, had our first break in. Thought that’s fine we have security cameras for this only to find my hard drive had stalled and hadn’t recorded for 6 weeks.Am going through the process of removing this system as we speak, complete waste of time and money. If you are here reading this questioning wether to buy Swann or not I would say don’t do it as it’s as reliable as a Bali watch

Bev B

Bev Basked

Hi I've had my swan home security system for almost 2 years and after a recent update via main monitor only one camera is recording the other 5 have stopped even though the system says it's on record. Any suggestions

David J. F.
David J. F.

5 out of 8 cameras have suddenly stopped recording on one of my systems. Did you find the problem?

Cherry

Cherryasked

I have 2 of these cameras. The batteries last 2 or three days and then need recharging. I expected to get 5 months from each recharge. Why are my batteries failing so quickly???

Marnz

It's a very common problem, the camera's drain the battery way too fast.

Luceiasked

I have just paid for a Swann Smart security camera. Read reviews and it looks like I have made a big mistake, averages 1 star. What is going on, I need a reliable security camera , looking at the reviews I am worried!!! Is this product a piece of junk?

Kevin
Kevin

Have one camera not showing images at night time. Have had hourly phone calls and endless emails over a week now but all the answer I got is a link about troubleshooting. Actually I believe the issue is the camera itself but they got me around. Problem is still outstanding. Good luck with yours.

Lucei

Thanks, doesn't sound promising.

Pattie

Get a YI camera, user friendly and reliable.

Get an answer from our members and Swann representatives

CategoryHome Care Shops