Swisse Pregnancy Ultivite Multivitamin

Swisse Pregnancy Ultivite Multivitamin

See the Best Pregnancy Supplements in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

nikk

nikk

Awful

These smell and taste terrible- they made me feel so sick and burping up fish and seaweed taste for hours afterward. These were on sale but not worth the cost savings

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $64.99.

Mimi

MimiWA

Why change the formula?

I ran out of the old formula last week and bought the new re-packaged lighter pink container pregnancy multivitamins. I was sceptical at first because you now need to take 2 capsules instead of 1, and its more expensive per capsule too. I cannot stomach the taste of these tablets, they have a very strong fish taste and smell. I nearly threw up taking these for the first time (and I'm not even pregnant - just trying to be). I guess Swisse decided to be greedy and re-package and re-formulate for more money. I will be throwing out these and looking for an alternative. I won't be purchasing Swisse for any type of vitamins again.

Purchased in June 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $65.00.

Siobhan B.

Siobhan B.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Made me feel sick

Had to throw out. Back on Blackmores. Made me feel really unwell for some reason. And started to smell very fishy about a fortnight after I opened the container. Wouldn’t recommend

Purchased in April 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

shannonelise

shannoneliseSydney Surrounds, NSW

Cheap.. but nasty

I purchased as a cheaper alternative to elevit. The casuals are larger, and you need to swallow two. I found them hard to swallow, and harder to keep down. The tablets kept repeating on me and leaving an awful aftertaste.

Purchased in January 2019 for $20.00.

JaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fine!

I’ve been using these as a prenatal and they have been fine for me! I take them with lunch & the only negative I can think of is sometimes they give me an after taste when I burp. Have not given me nausea once, I think it’s important to take with or straight after a meal.

Vomit 20 minutes later

Switched from elevit to swisse pregnancy ultivite. Took it after breakfast so with food. Nil vomits for the past 13 weeks, morning sickness gone. But with this I burped terrible B vitamin slurp and projectile vomited on my way to the toilet. Feral. Only tried once and i'm not willing to try again.

Kaylee1982

Kaylee1982Canberra

Beware new formula - it’s not just a new package!

Sarahwilltoo

SarahwilltooHighland Park

Good value, good content

For those complaining of reflux or nausea, Take them with food, problem solved!
These have good levels of all the relevant vitamins, and they’re not exhorbitantly priced like some.
I’ve not had any issues with these, and recommend them.
Easy to swallow, even though they’re not tiny.
I got two packs from chemist warehouse when they were on sale, so they’re good value in that sense.

Lori

LoriSunshine Coast

Good in a pinch, causes bad nausea

Clean Eater

Clean EaterPerth

Reasonably priced and repurchased many times

I like this multivitamin even though it may not be for everyone.
its well priced and made by a reputable brand that I trust. I have no after effects once taken and am happy to keep taking this while breast feeding
tablets are quite large but that doesn't bother me at all.

Made me horribly sick and not even pregnant yet.

Bought these as a pre natal vitamin and have been taking them for a while. They cause me to vomit, have an awful taste and have left me with tummy pains, dizziness, reflux with disgusting taste and nausea that lasts the whole day, despite taking them with food. Will never buy them again and stopped taking when I realised. Terrible product. 100% not pregnant either, so all effects from tablet.

Rebecca I

Rebecca IAU

Won't use again

Very discusting aftertaste, I would burp and taste the tablets very pungent taste/smell. On many occasions if i only had my breakfast I would vomit up the tablet. If I took the tablet with a large meal, I wouldn't vomit, just feel queasy for 15 minutes. The health benefits may be there, but honestly the size of the tablet, after taste and spew factor is just not worth it.

Bad taste is the only problem

Haven't had an issue with these tablets other than the horrible after-taste that I only get of I don't eat before hand. I have nearly finished the whole bottle and haven't had any burst tablets like other people seem to be experiencing. They are also a cheaper alternative to elevit and seem to be working just fine.

Easier to swallow than Elevit, even though they are bigger!

I started taking Elevit a few months ago, and gagged every time I tried to swallow the tablet, it seems to get stuck! I got so sick of the gagging that I just stopped taking them. I tried the Swisse version, which is a larger tablet, but smoother. I take mine with a small glass of milk in the morning, and I don't feel a thing as it goes down! There is a slight "irony" after-taste I experience which lasts for about 2 hours after taking it. Nothing too gross though. I haven't had any other tummy or bowel upsets from this vit. Seems to be doing the job!

Sarah Smith

Sarah SmithMelbourne

Really bad after taste

I bought these prenatal vitamins in preparation for pregnancy they have alot of good vitams and minerals and also they were a few dollars cheaper than elevit but the after taste is horrible hours after taking it it was still there and it made me feel like throwing up - im sad for the loss of money i could've bought elevit :(

Tals

TalsMelbourne

Great option!

The beauty of these multi vitamins is that you only have to take 1 tablet, unlike some other brands where you need to take 2 tablets to get the same dose of vitamins. No after taste. I could take them with food when I had morning sickness also. This was great as I was only eating white food at that stage due to morning sickness.

Great but there is a trick

I have worked out there is a trick to taking these. You have to eat the right amount of food. If the tablet hits your empty stomach it will come back up. It might take a few attempts to find the right amount of food for you. I have had no trouble since.

Have been taking them for ages - no problems!

My GP said to buy prenatal vitamins before trying to conceive. Tried Elevit and had shocking headaches so switched to these. They are quite big, but they have all of the vitamins needed.
I have them at dinner and have never had nausea, leaking or other issues. Had them for over a year now and blood results always come back with everything above the minimum levels. I'd definitely recommend them to others.

Horrible!!! Vomited for ages after.. still feel sick!

8 weeks pregnant... have been using elevit pregnancy tablets since day 1 but ran out and i was told there were alot cheaper brands to choose from.. so i decided to switch to swisse. Took first one this morning with a glass of juice and vegemite on toast. Went to sit down and within probably 10 mins of taking it... my god! This overwhelming tummy ache and need to vomit came on.. and thats exactly what i did.. about 6 times i spewed large amounts. Turned me right off! Its now 7pm at night and im still unwell. Considering ive only had nausea and a bit of dizziness during my pregnancy so far...
I know the vomiting is due to that tablet.
Btw it tastes horrible to consume but even worse to bring back up. Do NOT recommend at all.

Vil

VilPerth

Best pregnancy multivitamin

These are the best and great value for money. I love the soft capsules (for swallowing as well as increased absorption of its contents). I like that it includes dha which elevit does not. Also I found that elevit had excessive amounts of iron that would just make my stools black but have no issues with Swisse. My OB was happy with me taking these too.