Sydney Tools
See the Best Hardware Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Sydney Tools

Upsell stitch up

I went in and asked if they had a battery powered led flood light. I was taken to a $180 light that plugs into a battery drill battery. He made out that only $180 was a bargain. Eventually, he reluctantly pointed to where I could find the $39 one.
Just be wary of the sales people, they are not to be trusted.

Kernzus
KernzusBrisbane

Wish I'd read these reviews before ordering online

therecs
therecsSydney, NSW

Ordered Ego and was sent Milwaukee

I ordered an Ego blower at Brookvale Sydney Tools.

Brookvale Sydney Tools did not have the blower in stock and was to send it out.

Opened the package and I thought it was incorrect when I saw the top of a red box. It was Milwaukee.

As I didn’t want to void a Milwaukee warranty, I contacted Sydney Tools. I was told that they didn’t have a Ego box. Most brand new items come in unopened boxes. A opened box usually indicates a demo or shelf model which are usually cheaper.

I should have been told about the item before it was delivered

JJAM
JJAMMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst service I have ever experienced

Waiting a long time for my order, yet cannot ring them or email them to enquire on order. I even asked for a call back when on hold and no-one calls you back. Stay away!

Terrible customer service

Salesman would not allow us to browse store while wife had handbag with her ( leave at counter or outside ) we would happily allow bag check, but refuse to leave valuables in vehicle or at a store counter

Al
AlCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Poor customer service

They've had my pressure washer for 6 months for a warranty claim, dozens of phone calls and all I get is excuses.

Obsoletely horrible customer experience

Waiting 2 weeks on an order.
They won't cancel and refund the order of unsourced and non-shipped items.
Repeatedly saying they need to request it through their "management team" after review.
Gobsmacked that a company operates this way.
I'll never shop with them again.

Andrew
AndrewSydney Surrounds, NSW

Dont expect to get your online order delived have been waiting for 2 months and nothing

Placed an order 2 months ago no out of stock notice no communication they have just kept my money for 2 months and now tell me they will need special approval to give a refund what a joke

No Price match, no best price guaranteed

Found a cheaper price of Makita charger combo kit at Bunnings, went to Sydney tools to price match. The staff asked the boss of the store to deal with me, when the boss came, he just checked it on computer, found it’s same model, same product, but he didn’t want to price match, and what he said, “you can go to bunnings to buy it, we cannot do it at cheaper price”. That’s what the website said”Best prices guaranteed “? It’s really funny and doggy words. Definitely Not Recommended

Store LocationPreston 3072

Yuvi S.
Yuvi S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Product return issue

I went to return bayer’s polisher which I bought few weeks ago because it looked like used and I wanted a better polisher from that. I didn’t even use it once. I had the receipt. They refused to return it. The staff was rude and they didn’t want to listen to me. They said it’s not in resalable condition. It was very bad experience for first time going to Sydney tools. Am not going back again. Specially at hoppers crossing.

Emma_Fail
Emma_FailHobart, TAS

Don't expect your order to be shipped quickly

I had ordered N95 masks - those which are only available for health workers. 3 weeks on they are yet to even ship it. If this is their attitude to shipping badly required items for health care workers, I can only imagine how they would be handling hardware orders. Pathetic!

KEV
KEVSouth East Queensland, QLD

The worst of the worst store.

newbie g.
newbie g.Central Queensland, QLD

Terrible customer service

The worst possible experience possible if I can avoid shopping here in the future I will online sales is a joke. I placed an order got sent on a goose chase for a week getting told all different stories like oh it takes 3 days to dispatch an order or we are receiving 30 pallets tomorrow it will be dispatched then or the latest one the order was actually at the Sydney warehouse and was dispatched a week and a half after the order date only for me not to receive it for a month. I'm now copping the cost of down time on jobs with out the tools and when I ring up to cancel it I get told it's been dispatched there is nothing we can do you will have to suffer with it. BIGGEST JOKE EVER!!

Pedro
PedroIllawarra, NSW

Don’t buy online

Terrible shipping. Has taken 1 month for my item to be shipped. When I called they said it was in queue and they’d have it shipped tommorow. Wasted time and money here I guess I’ll give total tools a try next.

Mel
MelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely appalling customer service. Still no canopy

So disappointed in the customer service here. My husband and I paid over $2,500 for a canopy for our car in January!!! We still have no canopy, no idea when it will be arriving and no apologies, accountability or nothing. We have had to cancel multiple camping trips as we only have a flat tray on our dual cab and 3 kids to pack for. Canopy was supposed to arrive 3rd of March...maybe we will have it by Christmas ‍♀️ The first person we dealt with would never return calls so we got handed over to the store manager...still no accountability just blaming everyone else. Go to head office, still nothing. Will NOT be purchasing from here ever again and would definitely not recommend.