Sydney Tools

I dealt with Toni and found the service to be really good and responses prompt! He also switched around a cordless tool kit for me that better suits my needs, but all the while, keeping the same low price with the redemption offer intact! Shipping was really fast for all the things that were in stock upon ordering!

Good service and value for money!

Good Customer Service

Thanks for helping me resolve the dispute, and sorry for the inconvients casued and will continue shopping here. all the best and have a good weekend, really appreciate for all the help

Store Locationblackburn
Hi Steven, Glad we could assist you, enjoy your weekend.

Good place for buying tools

Its a great online store with a lot of products,It may take a while for them to send off products sometimes but if you plan early the delay with delivery should not upset you,prices seem average to fair.

Why Shop Elsewhere!

I have already written a review on Google reviews but I feel it's worthwhile to write one here.
Every time I go to Sydney Tools I am treated with courtesy and respect.
Any time I have needed advice, it is always forthcoming.
I have noticed that people have written negative reviews but if you have a problem with anything tell them but do it respectfully and don't be aggressive.
People will respond to you better that way.
I will continue to buy from these people as, quite frankly, I have no reason to go anywhere else.
These people sell TOOLS not TOYS!

Store LocationAlexandria

Try getting a refund

After receiving a Milwaukee tool in which l ordered l quickly realised that it wasn't what l was after, next day l returned posted it, two days latter Sydney Tools received the package, now 5 weeks latter and nine phone calls and on hold for about 3 hrs total l still haven't received a refund. It is now the staff telling me it's because it wasn't returned within 14 days, l have proof from Australia post tracking they received it 3 days after l received the item. It's now fair to say that l will never again purchase another thing off Sydney Tools nor will l give anyone who is prepared to listen anything positive in regards to Sydney Tools.
Still waiting for the refund!!!!!!!

Good service

Was after a blower, found what I needed all thanks to AHMED showed me the different types/models.
Was really helpful, in choosing the right one.
AHMED is always the go to man when I need something.

Store Locationgregory hills

Very Professional Service

I called the Dulwich Hill store at 9.00am and spoke to Toni. He prepared my 30 item order and it was ready for collection & despatch by 11.30am that same day. Very well done. Thank you

Store LocationDulwich Hill

Shocking service. Keep away.

Ordered online, asked a question following purchase, no reply. Waited a day, asked again, no reply. Paid for insurance on shipping - still yet to get a “confirmation email”’to say they’ve even posted it. I called the store first and they said they had stock, so why after two days haven’t they posted it? It would have been quicker to buy it from Bunnings despite the price difference, I now have to wait for delivery meaning I can’t do the job at the weekend. What type of company COMPLETELY ignore customer emails? Wish I’d never dealt with this awful company. I’ll tell everyone who asks about them to avoid at all costs.

Absolutely shocking company to buy from, by far the worst I've ever dealt with!

Long story short: I've found this company to be completely and utterly untrustworthy, and after a long string of delays and what can only be deliberate deceit, I'm making the decision to NEVER deal with them again, no matter how CHEAP the tools might be. All the negative reviews you can read online are true, shonky practices, swapping out items without any notification, delays in processing orders, delays in checking on orders, and God help you if like me you need a refund issued because they can't fulfil the order!

It appears they REALLY want your orders, and your money, even if they can't supply what you've paid for!

I've spent the last 2 months simply trying to purchase a power tool, which after many, many, many calls from me chasing it up, (because they almost NEVER call you back), and the stories and assurances have ranged from:

- the order hasn't progressed through our system yet, it will today
- the orders still progressing through our system
- it's held up for some reason
- we have one in stock now and it will ship asap
- we're waiting on stock
- one has been sourced at another outlet and will ship direct from there to you asap
- one has been sourced at another outlet and is on its way to us here to then forward to you asap
- it's been discontinued, we're chasing stock
- still chasing stock, (this one around 6-7 times)
- we'll supply the new model to you asap given the way I've been stuffed around for so long
- the new model is still on its way and will be shipped
- you can't have the new model unless you pay the extra amount
- we have a demo model without the proper case we can offer instead (at no discount)
- it will have to be cancelled and refunded as it can't be fullfilled

At this point I'm thinking a refund is fairly straight forward, a few days, week at most. HA! Not at Sydney Tools!

Three weeks later I'm still calling daily, and still keep getting various conflicting responses that seem to indicate:

a - absolutely nothing has been done as yet
b - it's going to be processed imminently and I should receive confirmation of same that day

It seems to be impossible to actually talk with anyone in Accounts to simply ask what's going on, and every day when I call up I get told (b), which means (a) is the current status.

So I will continue to call daily, maybe twice or thrice daily if I can muster the willpower, and as I don't expect the situation to change after all the lies so far, I've also now lodged a formal complaint via the Consumer Affairs website at:

Rung up again today to ensure my refund WILL be processed by Friday as promised repeatedly (shifting goalpost), was told it is in the queue and they HOPEFULLY will get around to it over the next week or so! And they already advised prior once it's processed the actual refund can take a week or two on top, so at least 3-5 weeks more of NOTHING happening!

Dodgy company

So many lies, orders never received, money taken, faulty items and no returns policy. Company should be shut down. It's only a matter of time. Don't risk it. The discounted prices aren't worth it

Poor customer service (Dandenong)

I purchased a Unimig Welding Helmet at the Dandenong store and with it Cover Lenses as selected by the stores Manager. On inspection later on I realised they were the wrong lenses for the helmet. I returned to the store and was told they didn't stock the correct ones. I was told I could either 1: Wait until they made a bulk order (perhaps in a few weeks time), 2: Accept a store credit or 3: Have my money refunded via a bank deposit which would take 5 working days. As it wasn't my error I asked for my money back there and then and was refused.

Being the customer, not being in the wrong or changing my mind, I found their refund policy ("ACCC approved") and suck it up attitude appalling. As too the fact they sell a product without the necessary consumables in stock. I doubt I'll go back.

Store LocationSydney Tools, Dandenong

No call backs. Very poor communication.

Hi Sydney tools. I placed order ST348003 on 3rd August. I have called 3 or 4 times to find out the status and eta. I always get the same answer We will call you back by cob. I've never got a call back. Please can you track my order and expedite. Thanks.

Great place

Had a wide variety of equipment for consumer use, all staff were extremely useful, especially Leon who was informative, factual and helpful regarding a first time power tool buyer into making a positive decision. Will come again soon

Store LocationPenrith

I'm on hold

In the great scheme of tool shops I would say that bunnings sits well above sydney tools in regard to sales service.
I bought a xtorque xtoben saw bench online from ST, and for five weeks have waited and been messed around with false tracking numbers; and learnt off-by-heart (whilst trying to find out anything about my purchase) all the advertising deals sydney tools has while on hold for 30 minutes every time. When delivery day finally arrived you only supplied one part of the bench. From now on I'd rather pay more then to deal with this joke of a business.

Awesome Experience! Thank you.

I visited Sydney tools - Sunshine VIC store on 07/August. I was looking to purchase a lawnmower which was reasonably priced.

I was greeted by Jai who from the moment of first contact was nothing but professional and had excellent customer service skills. When I told him of my requirement, he quickly jumped on to show me the range. And I must say that he hit the nail right on the head when he showed me jsut a few that were ideal for my requirements.

To be honest, I was in the store to just look around as I had done some research on other sites and wanted to see the range Sydney Tools offered. However, because of the quick and hassle free manner in which Jai handled my enquiry, I made a decision to buy the lawnmower at Sydney Tools.

While in the store I also observed the manner in which other reps were dealing with customers and I must say that they all showed genuine care towards the needs of the customers. Also thanks to Jai to carry the lawnmower and load in my car. Good on you mate!

If there was a rating more than 5 stars, I would give it.

I am glad I went to Sydney tools to get my lawnmower and I would go there again for other tool requirements. I would highly recommend Sydney tools Sunshine branch to anyone in the area looking for great items and equally awesome customer service.

- VJ

Store LocationSydney Tools - Sunshine store, VIC

3 months later

The prices were good, but not worth the wait. 2 months later and my order is only just arriving. I'm still calling Sydney Tools weekly chasing a small refund which they've already skimmed $130 off. I will not be using their service again

Did not honor catalogue sales/special

Catalogue in paper and on internet advertised a Milwaukee jobsite backpack which included a free tape measure which was a great deal however I was told it was a mistake and they never heard of it even though I had the catalogue in hand, so to get my tape measure I’d have to buy the more expensive bag which I didn’t, so ended up with a different Milwaukee bag, just get you in the door with false advertisement to try to up sell products! It’s not a big deal just principle and the fact it was out of my way to go there instead of my standard total tools shop I drive past everyday.

Never again

Never would I recommend buying anything from them. I ordered from this company after reading all the good reviews about it.

I called and emailed on a Monday to get my order refunded (it STILL had not been shipped after 2 weeks and had no updates from them) I was told it would be processed on the Wednesday. Never got processed never heard back from them. After 2 and a half weeks later, 3 emails and 5 phone calls and being on hold for 20 + minutes every time I still haven’t received my refund as it apparently got processed “yesterday”
I would never recommend using this company.

Worst ever get a refund and it takes 13 and on going to get the money back

Its now 13 days since I should have received a refund and well its not here yet overtime keep telling me it going to be done and processed but it never happens. Worst after service ever. Would not ever give them 1 star will not go back.

Store LocationKotara

Best online customer service!!

Dealt with the Archerfield outlet in QLD via email and phonecall, best customer service I’ve recieved yet, very helpful, quick turn around and will work around you! Couldnt fault the place!