Target Essentials TESPFW60

Target Essentials TESPFW60

Fan Buying Guide - How to choose the coolest tower or pedestal fan for you

If you’re looking for a way to avoid melting this summer, a fan could help. But with so many types, including tower and pedestal fans from Bunnings, Kmart and so many other retailers, how do you choose the best fan for your home?

Read now

3.4

piufm

piufmSydney

Value for money

We needed a second fan for this summer and decided to go for this one from Target. It was quite cheap and easy to setup. I am not sure about the power consumptions but the speed is good. Using it quite heavily for the last two month and didn't have any issues so far. The power cable is not very long which makes it difficult to place it sometimes.

Fabs

FabsAustralia

Great!

Im very satisfied with the fan, it is great value for money. It is a bit noisy when you put it at speed 3, but does its job quite well and cools the place. I would recommend this product to buy it for this hot summer! You will be satisfied as me!

Dud

I found the same as others; the fan was put away in the cooler months only to be brought out the next warm spell and it wouldn't work. I let it go because I couldn't find my receipt but now have. I did get it going eventually as I gave it a bit of a thump and the electrical wiring must be loose inside. I won't be using it again and now that I have found the receipt, I will be taking it back within the year of warranty and stating the facts, asking for a refund. Yep, inexpensive doesn't mean we should have to suck it up just because the item isn't worth buying in the first place.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Mike W

Mike WBrisbane

Great for summer in Australia

Although this fan is quite loud, it does it's job quite well and is perfect for cooling a room in the hot Queensland climate. this fan was also quite cheap, and relatively easy to assemble. the only con I have is that we were given the wrong size screw for one of the screws

Andrew

Andrew

Great value for money

Great value for money. It's just a fan, you don't need it to sing and dance. A little noisy but has all the settings and for what you pay, it's perfect for a hot summer night. Only 3 speeds but again, for what you pay you shouldn't expect anything else.

Steve

Steve

Target Fan

Fan output is satisfactory and propvides adequate air flow when used on any of the 3 speed levels provided levels
    Fan is relatively quite and when operating only registers as "white" noise
    Fan functions are useful and pedestal type fan suits my needs
    Fan base is a little large but provides adequate stability

Lee

LeeMelbourne

Not bad at the price

It's probably the cheapest fan I've seen.
    It's plastic so it means it's vulnerable. And actually I smashed one of the plastic cap of the stand when i accidentally stamp on it.
    The power is adequate, I always use the lowest level, and that's already enough for me during summer.
    A good choice for students.

John K

John KSydney, NSW

Good value

Fans break all the time, get knocked over. So why buy an expensive model. Good speed choice and works in the heat of summer. Can move easiliy from room to toom. Fan is quiet though small squeek started shortly after buying. Need this in summer heat and it works. Would buy again.

Sathish Kumar

Sathish Kumarhomebush west

Worth every penny

Cheapest fan available in the market and it best fan ever, this fan's output is good and powerful, the loud is the drawback for this , easy to use , it is light weight and portable, easy to carry if we have large house, functions available in this fan is very useful

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Madelen

Madelen

Great affordable fan

This is a great little fan. I wasn't expecting very much as the price was really low. I was happily surprised to see it work really well. Simple to use, quiet and effective. Would definitely recommend. I use it every night during summer. Low energy use too. With so much use it hasn't broken or degraded at all.

Deborah

DeborahTownsville

Good for your budget

Great for my budget and for those long hot summer days when you need easy transportable breezes . I find this fan to be easy to put together, a great price, easy to clean and very quite compared to your larger pedestal fans. It has all the standard functions you would find on any of the more expensive fans for less then half the price.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
    Patrick H

Patrick HMelbourne

Cheap build quality at a Cheap Price

Build quality of this fan is really poor, with week base. It feels like it can be broken easily. However for $12 this would be expected. The bolt that does the tilt adjustment can come loose as well. Assembly is not too bad, however there are no instructions in the box,

Jun

Jun

Good one when it is on sale

The RRP price now is $17 AUD which is a little bit high.I got it $12 when it is on sale. You may have a look at similar product in Kmart or other store for low price.

It has some basic function. Happy to use it . Not heavy. Easy to assemble. Selling it on Gumtree now.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
    Rowan

RowanMelbourne

Terrible

I got this as I been shopping everywhere and everywhere has been sold out but I managed to get this in time it is very weak cheap build wonky loud it feels like it's not even on in hot days I got it to use in the bedroom but it could even be off and I wouldn't notice

Thanh

ThanhGold Coast

Great purchase, a necessity for summer

Good fan, it can rotate and adjust to required speed and direction. The fan is not too noisy, really good for when you're sleeping! A great and cheap investment for summer time. Would highly recommend if you are trying to save money but know that it obviously would not be as good as an airconditioner.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Adn

AdnSydney

You get what you pay for

I bought this fan for a short term use during the hot summer seasons. They help alot, and my room isn't that big so I don't need to fuss over it. It has three power levels and mine's enough on low at night, and medium during the day time. You can't expect much from a cheap fan, if you're looking for a better quality you should be ready to spend a couple more $$.

Nick

NickByron Bay

Good so far

Thinking of the price, you can not expect more. Good enough to cool down a bit the area where you are, good deal if you are looking for something short term so you don't have to make a big investment. So far, it has done its work, however, will not recommend if you are looking for something for big spaces.

Braithy

BraithyAU

Waste of money, fans don't last a month!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
    nitram79

nitram79Sydney

Cheap fan kept us from cooking all night a few weeks back

Very satisfied by the fan. They cheap and light, and usual x base stand which if done up properly is no issue. I do find on the wind strength from it was good and nice quiet in both lower Two settings, and but on high setting there are also lot of noise so it the capability blo was bothering you it would be crap.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
    Kazuki

KazukiMount Colah

Pretty good in cold weather! But for anything warm is kinda useless.

No too satisfied. You have to be on top of the fan to feel anything in summer or just any warm weather. But when the weather drops its great for drying laundry. So, overall for the price it's eh. Not too happy. Price should be for a dollar or two.

Date PurchasedNov 2016