Taubmans Easycoat Pro Ceiling Paint

Taubmans Easycoat Pro Ceiling Paint

See the Best Paints & Varnishes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Paul. H

Paul. HSydney, NSW

DO NOT BUY THIS PAINT!!!

The easy coat flat ceiling paint has to be the worst paint I have had the misfortune to purchase in my 54 years. It is watery and so drips everywhere and with really poor coverage. It is like trying to paint with watered down UPVA glue. Just a waste of my time. Shame on you Taubmans for producing this poor excuse for paint!

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard and Previously painted

James

JamesPerth, WA

Don't buy it

This is very watery paint that makes a terrible mess with drips. You can't load up a brush so the job takes way longer and compared to a different brand the finish is just awful. Freshening up my ceilings at home was a single coat job with the other paint but this Taubmans Easycoat will take 3 coats at least. I really don't think I can continue with it and seriously wish I hadn't bought it! Do yourself a favour and do not buy this paint.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Painted SurfacePreviously painted
vbull

vbullDarling Downs, QLD

Watery and patchy finish.

Easy coat ceiling paint.
Watery paint and a very patchy finish. Drips off rollers and brushs.
Ceiling was properly prepared.
Three coats and is still a very patchy finish. I will never use again.

Purchased in March 2019 for $85.00.

Longevity
Zed37

Zed37South East Queensland, QLD

Nothing wrong with this product

After using 15 litres of Haymes ceiling I was short paint for 2 rooms and thought I would try easycoat ceiling as it was on special at Bunnings.

In my opinion it was exactly the same and as good as the Haymes product - yes they are both a little watery but dry to a nice velvet finish. I think it helps to use a good quality roller and work quickly.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $52.00.

Painted SurfacePreviously painted
Longevity

Taubmans Pink to White Easycoat Ceiling Paint - 4L Pink to White

A week on from painting and the room has a sour chemical smell. I can rub my hand across the ceiling and my palm smells terrible. The tin was a brand new purchased from Bunnings.

K.DMelbourne

Will never use this again.

Watery paint and I needed 3 coats which was possible as I had purchased 10lt. Never again!
Quick to drip off the brush and wasn't user friendly when trying a cutting in tool.

Done with Ikea

Done with IkeaMelbourne

Milky looking water

What a waste of money. After two coats I gave up. Watery paint that does not cover the area properly and leaves a terribly patchy result. Should have stuck to Dulux!

Peter R

Peter RHunter Region, NSW

Great coversge

I used Taubmans Tradex Elusive White which is pretinted and so has excellent coverage. I renailed the garage ceiling, removed fluro lights and set the holes so I used their prep paint on the raw plaster before applying two finish coats. Six hours to sand the plaster and roll on the three coats. Great finish.
If you use untinted ceiling paint expect bad results.

do not buy

Ok I swore years ago I would never use taubmans paint again after a poor quality finish on a previous job,anyway I gave it another go bought from bunnings ,easycoat ceiling paint ,more like crapcoat ,spent 2 days instead of half a day ,painting ceiling this pint is really poor quality ,bad finish,poor everything

Crap Paint

Need at least 3 coats...is paint watered?
Will not buy Taubmans again.
Inside of can was rusted....Taubmans rep said 'No it will be ok...'
Rust on inside of cans says a lot for quality of the paint

Nick S

Nick SSydney Surrounds, NSW

Not the best.

Purchased this paint to do several ceilings. Naturally mixed it properly but no matter how hard we stirred it, it was still very thin. This meant that when it was applied to the ceiling it dripped & left a patchy job. Have had better experiences with Taubman's other products but this one left me with more work than it should have.

Very poor coverage

13 square meters of previously painted white ceiling used 3.5 litres of this paint. I was stunned by the lack of coverage, especially when they claim "up to 16 M2 per litre." That is extremely ambitious on the part of taubmans. Factor this in when costing out your paints. Never again.

Good quality ceiling paint

I have used this paint to recoat a few ceilings in my home, and as ceiling paint goes, I can't fault it. All ceiling paints are thin and take a few coats to do a good job, this paint is no different. Has 'microban' anti bacterial agent in it so resists mould and is great for wet areas that produce steam.

Pieeater

Pieeater

Taubmans Easycoat Pro Ceiling Paint, don't buy it

Anne

Anneasked

I have just used Taubmans Easycoat flat white ceiling paint on a previously white painted ceiling. After 2 coats the previously smooth ceiling is streaky with very poor coverage. The worst part is the smell which seems to get worse each day rather than subsiding even with the doors and windows open all day and night. How can I get rid of the smell?

K.D

Hi Anne, sorry I can’t be of any help with your question. I don’t recall a bad smell. I chose Taubmans because another well known brand reviews reported bad smells. I swapped over to using Haynes paint which I give 10/10

Graham

Grahamasked

I am using Taubmans interior walls white, first coat went on one week ago, as i'm applying second coat its dragging the first and second paint off as I overlap the new paint with brush or roller, its almost like the paint is curdling and reacting on itself.
Spoke to Taubmans custormer service they told me to sand and wash first coat before applying second coat, that done, it did not solve the problem. Any help its driving me mad? Graham

Snapperg
Snapperg

Before putting your first coat on was the wall chalk in feel or smooth and glossy if it’s not sticking to original paint then it wasn’t washed properly before painting any paint hi need a sound surface. Which means if it’s water based paint originally you use sugar soap over the whole surface if especially dirty or chalky you need to rinse that off then the paint should stick if the surface is pretty rough meaning pretty dirty and patch repair as much as you can then apply an undercoat before painting your 2 topcoats. If it’s a wet area it could mean there’s soap on the walls from showering and bath etc overtime the particles build up from the steam carrying them up to walls and ceiling so needs to very well washed with arm water and sugar soap sometimes twice. Unfortunatley you have already painted so the best way forward is either using a round orbital sander with a 180 grit or finer and sanding back to original surface so you can thoroughly clean and start again. I hope this helps. Good luck it’s not fun I know I’m I have just completed that whole process in bathroom ceiling paint flacked back to plaster almost because poor ventilation and poor preparation back in the eighties when place was built.

Get an answer from our members and Taubmans representatives

CategoryPaints & Varnishes