Taubmans Endure

Taubmans Endure

Low Sheen, Matt and Semi Gloss

See the Best Paints & Varnishes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

jhar1970

jhar1970victoria, 3051

Taubmans Endure : never used it before, never again

I don't usually use this paint professionally but the client wanted us to give it a go.
I was painting a hallway with a darker colour. Wall prep was per normal, painting over 10yr old paint in good condition.
I found the paint dried very fast, too fast at 18-20 degrees 30% humidity. about twice as fast as Haymes expressions or Taubmans Easy Coat or living silk. Made it very hard to get a good finish with a roller. Possibly with the trend of Low or No VOCCs paints now, neither which flow and dry rapidly.
I'm having real difficulties getting a clean no lines finish from a roller.

Purchased in November 2019 for $89.00.

Disappointed

DisappointedSydney Surrounds, NSW

drying too quickly even in cool weather.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Painted SurfacePreviously painted
Heather N.

Heather N.Great Southern, WA

Only 3 years on and it looks like it’s been there for 30 years!

We owner built our home and I personally hand painted both interior and exterior with taubmans endure.... wanted a quality finish but got a very poor result.
Weathertex is pre primed but I did a coat of undercoat and two top coats... the paint is streaky, markets easily, chips off with hose washing, and now it has rusty looking stains in the grooves. High pressure hosing did not remove. So I have to repaint the whole house again. Not happy jan! Waste of time, energy and lots of money. Internal walls also mark way too easily for my liking. No idea why I listened to the sales pitch.

Purchased in January 2016 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Phil

Phil

Very Disappointing coverage

I bought a 10 litre tin of Taubmans ceiling white and the coverage is rubbish. With the paint being so thin it's really hard to get a smooth finish. It takes so much time to get rid of the roller line between each run so it doesn't dry before you get to the next run, yes you can get it smooth but you need to be so perfect on the roller each run across the ceiling and 3 coats to even get close to ok coverage on the ceiling with my fluffy wool roller, don't even try using this paint with a cheapie foam roller!! I should have just stayed with Dulux!!

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Lyndon W

Lyndon WPeel, WA

Absolute rubbish

Used Taubmans Endure to cover Taubmans Living Silk - so far I have put on 3 coats and still do not have a good coverage. Can see stark lines between consecutive roller applications. Really disappointed.

Purchased in April 2019 for $92.00.

Painted SurfacePreviously painted

Brian

BrianFar North Queensland, QLD

attracts mildew

Painted in November and was covered in mildew during wet weather in January,even under cover from the rain.Would not recommend this paint for tropical areas.The base had two coats of undercoat and two coats of Endure finish.

Purchased in November 2018.

Painted SurfaceWood

Carol Boys

Carol BoysSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute rubbish

Have painted a lot of walls in my life. Was talked into buying this paint at Bunnings. Terrible coverage, have painted the bedroom walls with 2 coats & still needs another coat. Walls were sanded & washed before applying. Very shiny for a low sheen paint. Thinking of starting again now with Dulux, which is extremely annoying as I have a whole house to paint. Absolute waste of time & money. Would NOT recommend this paint to anyone.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $95.00.

Bsengos

BsengosSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic.

It is matt and can still wipe clean, unlike a flat finish. Very happy with the way the paint went on the wall. Made job easy and finish is perfect.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $250.00.

Wolly

Wolly

Never again

Hi to All
Have spent over $500 on Endure low sheen to paint internal walls. Some walls 5 mtrs. high. Web site low sheen for internal walls also on back of can.Have painted on and off all my life.Prepped all walls, even lite sand betwwen coats. Was covering similar colour. Finished job looks like a three year old painted it. Shows every mark and every roller mark. Also where you cut in it stands out like you no what. I would only give this paint one star. The reason for one star is because there is paint in the tin.
Regards
Not a happy chap

cam thompson

cam thompsonperth

paint is a good brand

Used this paint for a bedroom and the sour smell the paint has produced is unbearable. I will have too seal the walls and re-paint the whole room. The smell is very bad. But the smell was not the paint, but re-action too washing the walls with mould killer

Shawna Woods

Shawna WoodsCanberra

drip drip drip

Taubmans Endure is watery, drippy and needed two to three coats, Taubmans easy coat is much better does not drip all over the F#%%$#@ place and covers with only one coat, plus is 10-20 dollars cheaper. The salesman at Bunnings in Cairns saw me coming hook, line and sinker, said something about a molecular nano technology. bottom line buy the most expensive, apply thin watery coverage, = more coats = more dollars, ya ok I get it now.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

AdrianAdelaide

Can't match the colour

In the process of paining our house in Endure in Aspen Snow. Have used 2 x 15L tins and 1 x 10L without problem. Go into Bunnings provide them the code and away I go. However the range has now changed and Bunnings cannot match the colour. Multiple 10L attempts and test tins and a match could not be made. Code should be 1Y16N LF-X OY 10N. This was way to light and not even a close match. Used multiple tint machines only to get the same result. Staff attempted to match using scan but that also failed. They ended up providing 1Y 16N+34+10 LF-X IT 10N +2.5 as a match for Aspen Snow it's close but not a match. What's changed and why can't a colour in your range be matched using your paint? This tin is useless and ill be returning it

Adrian

Won't be using Endure again!

We are renovating our house and have spent this weekend painting our stairwell and upstairs walls. We have previously used Wash and Wear and were happy with ease of application and finish, but chose Endure because of the heavy traffic area we were painting. Very disappointed! It is supposed to be low sheen but is shiny and shows all imperfections and roller marks. Some areas also manage to look chalky! Coverage is disappointing as well - we used more than expected. Very unhappy with a supposedly premium product.

timax

timax

I LOVE this stuff!

I used this in "White" on walls and also "Black Fox"
Im loving it because it went on nicely and coverage was great. I probably could have gotten away with 1 coat of Black Fox over the existing cream wall. Also this is in an office environment and we use Nifti or Windex or whatever else is at hand to clean finger marks and chair scrapes etc. Comes up perfect. Great paint , Love it! My house is next and ill definitely be using the Endure again.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Basho

BashoSydney

Recommended by Choice, what else to say

Has extra good coverage, easy to stir while working, low odour (low VOC). Dries in about two hours for second coat and job finished in less then a day. Antibacterial and Asthma friendly makes excellent choice for little people in household. We did a few touchups latter on in a week and you can not see difference. Best paint ever.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Foul smell apparently known as "ghost odour"

Not happy with product at all. Have sort advice from taubmans that did not assist. We have tried adding an odor eliminator to the original paint and recoated. We have left for two months and smell is still there but not as bad. We are looking to recoat with dulux and give taubmans a miss, which is disappointing given we have been long term taubman users.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Ward
Ward

Taubmans - aw man!

Every time I pick a colour from the Taubmans colour wall it never EVER matches! 3 times this has happened. I know that it will never truly match a colour chip but it's almost as if it is 1/2 strength (or less) of the colour you want.

Thin watery paint, doesn't match colour chips, premium cost - absolutely discourage anyone to waste their money on any Taubmans product.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Andymclaren

AndymclarenGold Coast

Oh Dear!!!!

Have used Crown paints in the UK and Dulux over here. Thought I would give Taubmans a go. What a mistake. Bought 6 Litre tub of white, low sheen Endure. The coverage is terrible. Had to put 3 coats on to cover an off white wall. Will never use it again, very watery paint.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Manos

ManosBrisbane

Terrible.

The worst material.i am a professional painter and I did the mistake to use to my house.i did everything by the book.was easy to apply but it will not last
Colour has fade and its chalky.
Colour now is almost half strength. I tried to wash it but it won't look any better
Do not use it !!!