Taubmans Endure

• Ease of Application
Mr Bass

Mr BassGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I regret buying Taubmans Endure - truly the worst paint ever

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$76.00.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard and Previously painted
super_slav

super_slavSouthwest, VIC

Perfect paint

This paint is amazing, easy to spread, coverage is excellent, low odor and quick drying, but not too quick as to cause trouble, compared to other paints I would say its up there with Dulux and the rest if not better in some aspects. Cant see what the fuss is about.

Purchased in November 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$84.00.

Painted SurfaceConcrete

LittleQuillQueensland

Absolutely Woeful Paint!

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

ExhaustedVictoria

Streaky roller marks no matter how careful I was

I used this paint in my open kitchen/meals/living area. The first day I used it was a very cold rainy day and the finish was very good. However, I was painting longer walls the following weekend, when the weather was warmer and drier, and I ended up with streaky marks at each place the newly rolled section overlapped with the last, despite using the correct 'wet edge' techniques. I tried applying a third coat (working as quickly as I could) but the problem persists. This is the fifth home I have painted, and I have never had this problem before.
It is expensive paint and is talked up in the advertising and on the home reno shows, but I have wasted too much time and money on this, and I am exhausted.

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$169.00.

Karen

KarenGippsland, VIC

Worst paint I have ever used

Painting previously painted walls which were cream and one a latte colour. Four coats of paint and it is still patchy. I will be returning the unused can I have for another brand.

Purchased in August 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$169.00.

Disappointed

Disappointed!
We used afew drums of Taubmans we were honestly applying 4-5 coats on some walls. Coverage and the body of the paint is terrible, I don't recommend to tradies or home owners We won't be using Taubmans again.

Purchased for A$800.00.

CustomerCentral Queensland, QLD

Happy not to be using 'other' leading brand.

After being in commercial and residential painting for years, it has been specified by architects to use DULUX. I don't know what kind of 'kickbacks' they must get but obviously worth having a 2nd rate paintjob must be worth it. Residential side has now been specifying endure and i hope it NEVER changes back to that washy looking gear. And also end up using a lot less paint

Painted SurfaceConcrete, Plasterboard, Previously painted and Wood
fellow traveller

fellow travellerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love, Love, Love this paint

Just finished painting my whole house with this paint and I love it. Thick, no drips, and fantastic coverage. I can't believe the bad reviews, maybe competitors are panicking. Buy this paint, you won't be disappointed.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$200.00.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard, Previously painted and Wood

JuzzyQld

Super poor coverage

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for A$150.00.

Joan

JoanSydney, NSW

Paint turns a different colour with age and sunlight.

After almost ten years of wear and tear on the family room walls, we decided to repaint. Upon removing the paintings, mirrors and wall hangings, we discovered that the paint ("Rubble") had gradually changed colour to a pink/yellow hue where the paint was not exposed to daylight. As a result, we are having to paint the entire home, three floors, as we want all painted surfaces to match. Now that we are aware of the colour change, it is apparent that it has changed to a lesser extent in darker areas but still no longer matches the original colour. Extremely disappointed in the product.

Stinks like gas and cat's pee.

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$53.00.

Joe

JoeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Taubmans endure stench

Bought taubmans endure 6litres on special at Bunnings. Thinking it would be a good product because of its reputation. As it started to dry there was a horrible smell which has been around for over a week and still as strong. Fans going, Doors open and still no change. My husband and I have developed sore throats from the smell. Can’t go in the room. Is this old stock Bunnings are selling and not warning customers?

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$82.00.

Syd Swan

Syd SwanVictoria

Not the Best Paint I Have Used

Just painted the AC Cement walls in 3 bedrooms, kitchen lounge, bathroom and laundry with Endure. After 2 coats we still don’t have full cover. We had the colour matched, came up slightly darker which was fine but we are still trying to get full cover in some spots. Pretty ordinary given the price. Would not recommend. We also used the so called one coat ceiling paint - that’s a joke.

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings for A$80.00.

Paul

PaulHobart, TAS

was very happy with result

Purchased in February 2020 at Taubmans Professional Trade Centre.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard and Previously painted
Nadine W.

Nadine W.North Western Region, NSW

Love it!

The consistency of the paint was good. It went on easily and only dripped if I applied too much paint to my brush or roller.
This paint was used in the master bedroom of my house.
The colour came out really well over the white undercoat. I covered a dark purple wall with the whispering peach colour in 1/4 strength. I applied two coats, with a drying time around 2.5 hours and the finish is very good. I applied both coats fairly liberally. I would use this paint again.

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$80.00.

Vincarelli

VincarelliFar North Queensland, QLD

Don't bother

It's low sheen and not matt. It's thin and doesn't cover. I'm covering a pale blue and wanting it to be white so I've done two coats of primer and two coats of Endure and you can still see the blue through it. Waste of time and money.

Purchased in December 2019 for A$85.00.

Matthew

Matthew

Horrible paint!

Bought this from bunnings. Recommend from sales clerk. Absolutely horrible finish. Roller lines everywhere. 3 coats still lines! Waste of time and money, don't waste your time and get another brand!

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for A$70.00.

jhar1970

jhar1970victoria, 3051

Taubmans Endure : never used it before, never again

I don't usually use this paint professionally but the client wanted us to give it a go.
I was painting a hallway with a darker colour. Wall prep was per normal, painting over 10yr old paint in good condition.
I found the paint dried very fast, too fast at 18-20 degrees 30% humidity. about twice as fast as Haymes expressions or Taubmans Easy Coat or living silk. Made it very hard to get a good finish with a roller. Possibly with the trend of Low or No VOCCs paints now, neither which flow and dry rapidly.
I'm having real difficulties getting a clean no lines finish from a roller.

Purchased in November 2019 for A$89.00.

Disappointed

DisappointedSydney Surrounds, NSW

drying too quickly even in cool weather.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Heather N.

Heather N.Great Southern, WA

Only 3 years on and it looks like it’s been there for 30 years!

We owner built our home and I personally hand painted both interior and exterior with taubmans endure.... wanted a quality finish but got a very poor result.
Weathertex is pre primed but I did a coat of undercoat and two top coats... the paint is streaky, markets easily, chips off with hose washing, and now it has rusty looking stains in the grooves. High pressure hosing did not remove. So I have to repaint the whole house again. Not happy jan! Waste of time, energy and lots of money. Internal walls also mark way too easily for my liking. No idea why I listened to the sales pitch.

Purchased in January 2016 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Steve

Steveasked

Endure Low Sheen

Have painted the hall wall 5 times with endure low sheen it still leaves streaks and looks like some areas do not have paint I am using 12mm nap roller

Exhausted

Yes, I had exactly the same experience despite careful wet edge and laying off techniques. I’ve painted 4 other houses, with different brands of paint, without this problem

LittleQuill

It's awful paint. I've used other paints with no issues. I would switch paints and try again.

Hi Steve,

For general paint finishes, we recommend using Taubmans Endure in Low Sheen. In areas like hallways where there can be glancing light, we recommend Taubmans Endure Matt finish as this hides any imperfections in these type of areas. Rollers play a part also, 12mm nap roller is considered too long for applying interior wall paints and can apply too much paint to the surface creating a more rough effect, whereas a more suitable length will be 8mm-10mm instead.

If there is a visual effect that can be felt when running your fingers across the surface, the areas will require light sanding so as to provide a uniform base. No sanding is required if the irregularities can’t be felt.

If significant irregularities are not sanded smooth, then the effect may re-appear. You will need to apply Taubmans 3 in 1 to seal the surface back to a uniformed appearance. In these type of areas, we recommend applying Taubmans Endure Matt finish as the reduced sheen level can lower the amount of glancing light that reflects from the surface and can hide some imperfections across the walls surface.

All the best,
Taubmans Team

Lorraine

Lorraineasked

Endure

I have used taubmans endure throughout the house, I was wondering if it is suitable for bathroom. I do have some mould issues, and was wondering how to best prep the walls before painting.

Customer

Wash area with a mould mould killing agent after a light sanding and undercoat with a shellac based stain blocker. Apply top coats of endure lowsheen or semi gloss for better cleaning.

Phillip D.asked

Endure

Have purchased Endure semi gloss for exterior of house ..silver anniversary for walls thundercloud for trims .have 4 powdercoated security doors can i use paint direct or use etch primer first thank you

Juzzy

I wouldn’t use an etch primer over powder coat as there’s nothing for it to “etch” itself on to, generally you use etch over bare metals so the primer has something to bond to..... I would use a 3 in 1 primer sealer undercoat product first

Phillip D.

Get an answer from our members and Taubmans representatives

Compare all 3 Taubmans Endure