Techniice

Techniice

service and product quality

Purchased two cooler freezer units 4 years ago. One was faulty on delivery and returned for repair. The repair did not last, and we paid $500.00 to get it repaired locally, even thought it was under warranty. Company representative says that the warranty is now reduced from 6 years to two years and hence not under warranty !!!!
Tried to purchase a lid,as the plastic has warped and does not seal. but was told we need to buy a new unit. Even thought they gave me a reference number for my queries, nobody will answer emails, nor follow up with telephone calls.. Be very wary of the product and company. I rang the 1-800 number and was assured "the person who handles these matters will definitely ring you tomorrow" - did not happen.
John

All promises,dont believe them

Ordered Signature series 47litre in March paid in full. After many extensions to delivery date and every excuse imaginable became very disulisioned, however, seeing amazing you tube reviews decided to wait for delivery. Finally went to Frankston outlet,was lied to in person said shipment on it way,6 weeks later hassling to get refund. Ring every day don't give up on refund,very dodgy NEVER recommend

Absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with

Esky was order in December 2018, following correspondence with the company on a monthly basis being told only lies each time I finally agreed to settle for an inferior product that they had in stock after 8 months of negotiation. (I had to cough up an additional $50 for the inferior one! MISTAKE) The inferior product did not arrive either. Now support line won't answer our calls or return our messages, have demanded refund, assume this is nothing but a sham! Buyer beware, they are a scam!

Lies! Lies! and more lies

I ordered an ice box in early Feb and have continued to receive estimated delivery dates with the latest being end of September dispatch. Their website says end of September for dispatch for new orders. They are either not being honest with me or misleading potential new customers or both. Im glad to say that after half a dozen phone calls in 1 day they refunded my money that day. My advice would be to cancel your order and get your money back asap. I have ordered an Evakool fibreglass ice box and delivery should be within the next 2 weeks.

Can Not Contact Anyone except answering machine.

Ordered and paid for Icebox in May (M100073466), website indicated that it would be a June delivery. It is now July, emails, Live Chat and Telephone calls not answered. IT CAN NOT BE THAT HARD...VERY ORDINARY SERVICE!!!!

Absolutely poor service!

Ordered a fridge slide, 5 attempts now and cannot get them to return a phone call, email or their stupid live chat doesn't work. They have to lunchtime today to get back to me otherwise going to fair trading.

No stock, full refund given promptly.

I ordered a 100L classic in Dec 2018, received two emails saying no stock, but offered the option of a refund. Last email advised stock coming in April, I forgot about it until early June, called up and told stock is now coming in July, I asked for a refund instead and it was processed there and then over the phone, money in the bank the next day.

Horrendous experience

I honestly don't understand how a company can even operate in 2019 with this poor level of customer service. Placed an order in December 2018 and was originally told to expect delivery in February. Received an update saying it is postponed to April-May do to unforeseen circumstances. Still, I was fine with this.

But when the end of May came around and I hadn't heard anything back I decided to follow up. I sent 4 emails over the span of approximately 3 weeks and didn't even get a single reply other than auto-replies saying they received my message.

I've now waited over 6 months for something I have already paid for and is already 4 months late from the original expected delivery, yet they can't take the time to write an email update.

Don't waste your time or money with this mob.

6 months (plus) waiting for 60L Signature Icebox.... still waiting

Ordered mid Oct 2018 for "Dec" Delivery. Mid Dec was emailed that delivery was delayed to late January. 2nd Feb, received email pushing back to Late Feb. Late Feb received email pushing delivery back to mid April. Mid April was a week ago - still listed as "processing" on my account - and nothing has shipped. Now OVER 6 months and still waiting. I have seen some great YouTube tests on these comparing them to Yeti and others, and I respect the way they promote good quality design and materials....... but 6 months and still waiting??? I don't want a refund (although tempted) - I just wand a good quality TecniIce Icebox!

Hi Dariusz, we appreciate your kind words and devotion to our products. We really do understand your frustration at not receiving your Signature Ice Box yet. Rest assured your spot in the queue is locked in and you will receive it as soon as humanly possible. We are all working very hard to make this happen. We must admit that making extra moulds is never quick at the best of times but it is certainly turning out to be slower than we would have expected. We don't want to make any rash promises other than saying our production times are improving, and your wait is nearing an end. Thanks again for your your incredible patience. Kind Regards, Techniice Customer Support

Long wait times for delivery

I’ve been waiting 2 months for delivery of my 70lt signature service esky. The delivery date continues to get pushed further out. They offer your money back if you would like it but after reading all of these reviews im worried I won’t get either if I request a refund. It had better be worth the wait.

Hi Gaz, sincere apologies for the delays you have experienced with our Techniice Signature Ice Boxes. It is our fault, and we are doing our best to increase production capacity to fill orders faster. In the meantime, rest assured a refund is always available. We developed the Signature Series to celebrate our 30th birthday, and showcase Australian Icebox ingenuity. We were keeping up production well, and then they received 3 consecutive "CHOICE RECOMMENDED" awards over time which increased the demand even further, and we increased production accordingly. Meanwhile, across the Tasman, they were awarded New Zealand's best ice box award twice in a row by choice's sister organization "CONSUMER". A short time later they had beaten virtually every ice box in America including America's top selling market leader "Yeti" in independent comparisons. After that we were really struggling to fill orders on time as the coolers are built individually by rotational moulding and hand finished requiring hundreds of skilled staff and lots of moulds. These are a life time cooler and take time to make. Whilst we are happy to accept back orders from customers that are happy to wait, we would rather suggest customers not to order if they need the cooler quickly because we cannot deliver quickly. Again we really appreciate your patience and understanding but we are more than happy to refund if the delay becomes a problem for you. Kind Regards, Techniice Customer SupportThankyou technique for your response. When I receive the order and test it out. I’ll be more than happy to post an additional review with my findindgs on your quality. Gaz

Terrible service and no delivery

I ordered a 60 l signature in December, I called twice to follow up the order and was told each time that they were going to contact me and apologise for the late delivery. I don't like it but was prepared to put up with a month delay but then it was stretched for another month. The last email said it would not come until April, well past the Australian summer. They may have good products but shocking, misleading sales and service. I have asked for a refund...which is yet to come.
I would have forgiven them if the service and communication were better and perhaps they offer more than just an apology.
I have also noticed they are still selling the cooler online.
I'm now looking at the other great options in the market

Disappointed with quality

Brought a 60litre fridge in 2013 & have only used it about twice a year. It now keeps getting colder until it reaches -25degrees. After weeks at the techniice agent it needs a new power board which they don’t make so have to buy a different part & also a conversion kit for it to work. This will cost 2/3 of original cost so hence it’s off to landfill & we won’t buy techniice ever again.

Avoid them at all cost | Terrible sales service | Dodgy practices | Misleading ETA for delivery

Had a horrible experience dealing with Techniice. I placed an order for an icebox in January and was told that it will be delivered late feb. Which is fine. but then later I got an email on 20th of feb saying that there are delays and new ETA is mid APR. I started doing some research about the company and it seems like thats what they do, they always take customers money and then change ETA as they please. over 3 months to get an icebox? What a joke of a company. Asked for a refund but was absolute waste of time. Avoid them at all cost. Also they claim that their Classic range lasts 3-15 days, thats another load of lies. So many reviews claims they barely get 1-2 days out of it. Please do proper research and read reviews before buying from them... their marketing is straight up lies.

Will def report them to fair trading about their practices.

Dodgy dodgy business

Well I wish I had read these reviews before I ordered my 60L esky as a present for my husbands bday! Initially they stated a 4 week wait, meaning it was going to arrive 2 weeks post his bday, which i felt was a good compromise for a good quality esky. Now ive just received another email saying that they wont get stock for another 4 weeks after that (so a 2 month wait since ordering!?)
I email and say do you know a rough time of delivery that it shld arrive to my house.
A week later I get some random email from what looks like someone in India saying no they cant give me a delivery date but that "at the moment" it looks like the stock will arrive end of feb! I have no faith that this is going to happen with their "at the moment" comment! How can you run a company and not even get basic stock levels right! That is surely basic stuff!
I am so mad and am going to ask for a refund. A huge waste of my time. An unethical business that has clearly been doing this for years based on previous reviews!

Awesome product

Used their signature series 60L camping after having a waeco for years and found ice last way longer. The sturdy construction means I will have this box for life. Well done Techni ice

Hi Rick, Thank you for continuous support. Kind Regards, Techni Ice

Bags

Ordered the small cooler bag 23 Feb. Been told delivery will be late May. It's 16 March as I write this. I love the products but a 3 month delivery???

Terrible esky

Bought a classic 40L techniice esky. Ice lasts 5+ days they said.
What a load of crap. Bag of party ice lasts 2 days max and that’s in my airconned lounge, not being opened. Tried pre chilling etc still useless. My old $20 Kmart esky keeps ice longer.

Always on time or better.

Ordered 3 cooler bags on Thursday afternoon Brisbane delivered Tuesday morning. Quality products. Customer for near on ten years. Never an issue.

Best Cooler on the market. (18 Litre Cooler)

I've used them all.
I've used Esky which back in the day were the gold standard for coolers. I've used Igloo. I've used Rubbermaid coolers. They were all OK but I was never completely happy with any of them.
A coworker had a Techniice Cooler and I'd been looking at it for a few months before I finally took the plunge and bought one. I bought the 18 litre cooler and I couldn't be happier.
I drive for a living and the cooler sits on the front seat all day loaded up with bottles of water. Unlatched with the lid just sitting closed it keeps the contents cold all day with a single ice pack. Latching it closed and it will keep the contents cool for at least another half a day...I've never gone longer than that without changing the ice pack.

They cost more than your typical Esky. Mine cost $100 plus postage but the quality is great and they can be repaired if needs be. I think this will be the last cooler I ever by.

Dual Zone Fridge/Freezer - Fantastic Customer Service

We loved our dual zone fridge/freezer, it did the job perfectly for lots of camping trips, great storage compartments and baskets, easy to keep all your food and drinks sorted. We noticed it was not dropping temperature as quickly as it had been and contacted Techni Ice about it. It was about 2 years old by then I think. We were referred to a local guy in Hobart who took it in to look at it. There was a gas problem and he contacted Techni Ice with his results. Clint at Techni Ice stayed in constant communication with us through the process and organised a replacement fridge to be sent out and it arrived in no time at all. We were really happy with his service. Plugged in the new fridge and it raced down to -22 in no time at all. Super happy. Clint even sent out the new cover, remove and dry ice packs as well. We found a fault on the cover, didn't affect the insulation at all but I mentioned it to Clint when I emailed to thank him for the replacement arriving so quickly. He then sent out a replacement cover as well. I can't recommend them highly enough. The customer service we had was excellent and I would recommend them, and their dual zone fridge/freezer to anyone. It's a lot of money to spend and the back up support we got from Techni Ice gave me a lot of confidence. Amazing product, amazing customer service.