Tefal Minut Cook CY4000

Tefal Minut Cook CY4000

MPN: 35911538

See the Best Multi Cookers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Charlie

CharlieSouth Australia

Unbelievable con 15th October

Not used a great deal as at my holiday house but loved it when it worked. Then suddenly like other reviews would not build up pressure then go to keep warm. Frustrated and angry as its an expensive product that does not work for very long. Similar problem with another brand. All the same rubbish. Will convert back to my stove top pressure cooker that I have had forever and know is reliable.

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Safety
Product is used: Monthly
Features / Functions
Pressure Cooking
Sautéing

Mama S

Mama SMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Useless

I bought this online and can't return it. I've tried it a couple of times without success.
It does not seal so does not build pressure, just boils the food.
This is my second Minute cook, the first one I had about 5 years ago was great!
I don't care if this company has improved the design and have a product that works, I am so annoyed at them taking my money for this piece of junk that I will never buy a Tefal product again!

Purchased in July 2018 at Harvey Norman Online for $95.00.

Safety
Pressurising Speed
Product is used: Rarely
Features / Functions
Pressure Cooking
Sautéing
Kat

KatMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not happy with this product.

I am not satisfied with this product because it does not work. It will not stay at pressure on the timer. Thus rendering the product useless. Clearly based on reviews this happens regularly. Like a lot of other reviews I have the issue where no matter what I do it won’t work. It gets to pressure and then clicks off. I set the timer but all it does is warm up and then after a minute clicks to the warm setting. It won’t work on the high pressure setting. I bought this pressure cooker based on reviews but have been really disappointed. It’s going in the bin...

Purchased in January 2016.

KLS

KLSGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A great boat anchor

Date PurchasedMay 2018

sphan

sphanSydney

Has Allowed Perfect 'Special Occasion Meals' on Weeknights!

I absolutely do not know what I would do without this pressure cooker - it is amazing. We have not had any issues with this at all and have had it for almost a year.

I did read a review the pressure cooker kept going to 'warm' instead of pressurizing but when this happened to us the first time we read the manual and figured out it was because there wasn't enough liquid in the cooker! After adding more stock to our lamb shanks, it worked fine and we have not had any issues at all since then.

Risotto has NEVER BEEN EASIER. We make so many meals using this pressure cooker, complete lifesaver. We can now cook meals which would ordinarily take hours on weeknights after work.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Perfect I couldn't do without it

I love tefal minut cook i wount be without it but i need to replace the pot where can i find it please
Its so easy to use easy to clean and keeps warm till you ready to eat noe i dont need too may pots to cook i cook everything thing in it cos its retain all the goodness and you can test the actual food

Date PurchasedApr 2012

CRM

CRMCairns

Good when it works

Replaced our old sliw cooker with this pressure cooker. Went with a pressure cooker due to ability to brown first and also cook a number of things (meat, rice, veges). Good results so far. Had a few times where it wouldn't start pressure cooking and went straight to keep warm. Once it was too full. Other times seemed to work after a pulled apart the lid and dried each part.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Paul M

Paul MAU

Should have read these reviews first

I could never get the thing to work, then I followed the advice of a contributor and carefully set the steam valve slightly to the right of closed. This worked a few times, but then stopped working. This is absolute junk. Maybe they've fixed the problem now, but when I put in my review last time Product Review asked if I wanted Tefal to contact me. I said 'yes' but nothing happened and my review wasn't posted. I will never buy Tefal again.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
WinterChill

WinterChillSydney

Use it every few days and hasn't missed a beat!

Love this cooker, the high pressure option makes it so easy to throw everything in set the timer, come back and serve. People say they have issues with it beeping and the timer going back to 0 that's because they don't have enough liquid in it and it can't build up enough pressure. My only complaint it the wide rim it has at the top sometimes food gets in there while serving. But it's pretty easy to get a sponge in there to clean

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Sam Smith

Sam Smith

Good stuff

I put the pressure cooker on high for two hours and the meat was very soft falling apart. Good stuff, it's great for making soups, with rice and much more. It is fast and convenient it is enjoyable to use and easy to follow. I look forward to making more recipes with this pressure cooker and excited to taste what can you come.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

rubbish

Will not pressurize, I bought it because I gave mine to my daughter, hers is slightly different in the pressure valve and is still working well, The new valve is useless
I have added more liquid, as I thought that may be the problem, nothing - it spits liquid out the top of the pressure valve when it is trying to seal, for 30 minutes, water spat on to my hobbs through all the cooking time.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Margie

MargiePerth

Pressure Cooker

Use this several times, great for silverside curry, spare ribs. Tefal help desk is very good as there were a few things I was unsure of & the girls were very helpful. All in all very pleased this model I think is being delete there is a new model coming out so I brought this at a reduce price which made it a very good buy comes with a steaming basket as well so that a saving.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

IXL Embers

IXL EmbersBathurst

Excellent for making soups!

Very easy to use. As we live in a cold area, I make soups in it for 9 months of the year, vege soups, chicken soups, beef soups, etc. The only problem is that when the non-stick coating wears, then things stick, especially if you need to brown the meat or onions, etc first for a casserole. The result is I don't do many casseroles in it, because when they stick it stops with an error & they are not cooked enough. My daughter-in-law bought a Minut Cook, on my recommendation, and the same wearing off of non-stick coating happened to hers. Very disapointing! I will have to get in touch with Tefal for a replacement insert!

Date PurchasedMay 2013

Buttons

ButtonsSydney, NSW

most amazing bit of kit that I have in my kitchen so versatile

I went out to buy an NBN router and came home with this pressure cooker. I am so happy with it it is easy to use in every aspect, so much so that it has replaced my slow cooker, my rice cooker and I do not have a stovetop that works. I use mine every day for everything from breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The most amazing bit of kit that I have in my kitchen so versatile. It is so impressive that 3 friends have gone out and bought one. There are so many recipes on youtube, online and everywhere it is so hard to choose what to cook

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Jaime Patullo

Jaime PatulloBrisbane

This is a great reliable product, i purchased a second unit as we dropped the lid and broke the firs

This unit is fantastic and cooks rice better than a rice cooker, easy to use and easy to clean, will buy another if this fails, Bolognaise is always better and more tender than on the stove. we put most recipes on in the morning and its on stay warm when we get home

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Janey

Janey

Spare pot inserts

I really like this in fact I have two because I cook a lot. Never had any problems at all. I need to replace the pots as they scratch very easily even though I'm very careful. This happens when you seal meat with bones. So my only quibble is that these are so expensive $90 which to me is very high considering you can buy a new machine from $130.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Robyn

RobynBrisbane

Wonderful.

I have had a pressure cooker before so assumed the normal drill. Brush pass directions. And I found my Tefal Minut Cook Cy400070 very easy to use. Made cooking Lamb Shanks, taste amazing. Irish stew, taste fantastic and good old fashion beef stew taste wonderful.
Hubby and fussy kids came back for seconds. Also very easy to clean.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Terry

TerryMelbourne

Difficult but fantastic results

Well I had never had a pressure cooker before but knowing the Tefal brand name I decided to get one .certainly not as quick as suggested because sealing issues and timer shutoff issues but I perservered and the results were spectacular . It is quicker cooking but loose so much time in getting it going , right now have a corner cut of topside cooking it smells heavenly , stews and casseroles is where it really impresses .
Instructions need a bit to be desired as not sure why mine goes onto keep warm , my process is brown then cook takes 2 to 3 goes to get it to set as usually moves onto keep warm when first minute is dropped off timer but it works and tastes good

Date PurchasedJan 2015

hopeless

I bought 3 of these pressure cookers for son , mother and me.
it worked ok for a couple of years then the lights went off, so i don't know what setting its on. my son is fed up with his, it wont pressurize hes buying a different brand. Mums works ok but she hardly uses it.

Date PurchasedAug 2014

Virg

VirgAlice springs

totally unreliable

As observed by Charlie, there is a flaw in the lid design. After several attempts EVERY timeI use it (& yes, there is plenty of liquid) I can sometimes get it to work by jamming the lid down as I twist it into lock & then wait for the first hiss of pressure. Then press the steam release valve down fast also ( it is already on seal, but can be pressed downwards a bit more). If you're lucky it will pressurize, as the valve Charlie mentioned will fall in position. But it is touch & go & you have to move fast before it switches over to warm. I have used mine less than 10 times & really can't rely on it. The food could have cooked in the oven for the time taken to actually get it to operate.

Date PurchasedDec 2014