Tefal Ultraglide FV4042

Tefal Ultraglide FV4042

MPN: FV4042

See the Best Irons & Steam Generators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Grrrr

GrrrrSouth East Queensland, QLD

Tefal Aqua Speed 5325 IRON

This b l o o d y iron. I payed top price for this iron. All it’s done is spit crap out of the iron face and stain/damage favourite clothes since the day I bought it. I’m so fed up with it. Despite always using demineralised and purified water from the getgo it has failed to perform. It’s just ruined another white shirt on me by staining it with crap right on the upper front of the shirt. Moreover, it’s either very, very hot or it’s very, very cold. Would never recommend this brand.

Purchased in July 2017.

Safety
Product is used: Weekly
Clothing Material Cotton

ShaeSouth Australia

Easy to use and heats up quickly

I love this iron. It's easy to use, does a great job, heats up quickly and produces a good amount of steam once you move up from the cool iron setting. On the high steam setting (cotton) it does go through water fairly quickly but that's to be expected for the amount of steam that it produces. I also love that I can add extra steam when needed with a well placed button.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Tubular

TubularCaulfield

Lovely iron to use

The surface of this iron is exceptional. It is the smoothest and easiest to use I have encountered. It it fairly sold and heats up to a good temperature and as such is highly suitable for thicker cotton. Steam works well and pumps out an effective volume. Have no complaints at all - its a good iron.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Casey

Casey

Great little iron

Temperature is very accurate. Its price is ok compared and does what it needs too. Steam option lacks a little but overall a good iron. I have had alot of Irons as I have young kids so I do go through alot. Iv had this one since March and no issue as of yet.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Zenina

ZeninaSydney

Love this iron! Can't live without it

This iron has saved the day many times. It is high quality, affordable, and will guarantee you a long life.

Thank you Tefal for helping me sort my business attire out, and for ensuring that my clothes are ironed well and to a high standard.

Only negatives would be that the water sometimes leaks a tiny bit, so watch out for this!

Gammo

GammoCarlton

Easy to use, durable, consistent

Fairly smooth iron, steam is consistent and so is the heat. Easy to hold and has some decent weight on it. Been using the product for 2 years and still happy with it as there hasn't been any issue. If you doesn't like heavy iron then this is not for you. Otherwise, it's recommended.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Sleemo

SleemoAdelaide

Great for the price

It heats up super quick and has a great amount of steam come out to help quickly iron business shirts without too much effort. I love how it has a huge water tank and does not leak all over the clothes. Best iron I have found in a long time. Very stable bottom holding the iron

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Crema

CremaCarlton

Lovely Iron Smooth Action

This iron is such a relief after my old POS one! It glides so smoothly! My old one eventually got a buildup of weird brownish stuff on the base so I hope this one doesn't develop that but so far its excellent. The temperatures seem pretty accurate and the cord is a good length too. Really happy with this product!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Anmafin

AnmafinAU

Good fast heating iron

I was surprised at how quickly the iron heats up and the powerful steam is perfect for jeans and linen clothes. The steam holes at the top also make the job so much easier. So far it hasn't had any water leaks and I am hoping it won't. The only real fault I can find in this iron is the short cord which is just ridiculous. I did not notice this when I bought the iron or I might not have.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Rach P

Rach P

Handy Household Essential

This iron heats up so quickly that I don’t even have to walk away while it does! Once it heats up, it’s the perfect temperature!
The steam features are excellent and the iron in general is really safe and easy to use. Doesn’t leave any marks on my clothing either :)

Jackie00

Jackie00Geelong

Great Iron

I've had this iron for a few months now. It heats up very quickly and irons very well. I find I do have to fill up the water for steam sometimes more than once during ironing (I don't have huge piles of ironing) and the lead was too short. I knew that before I bought it and accidentally pick up the wrong model. However my husband got me a small extension lead which solves the problem but a longer lead supplied would have been better.
I am happy with it but would slap Tefal on the wrist for such a short lead - what were they thinking!

Aaron c

Aaron cMelbourne

Decent enough. Leaks water

Decent iron for the price. However it will leak water out sometimes even with the special dial closed when filling up water. Steam and water spray are decent, the control temperature seems accurate. The base is nice and stable just a shame that it leaks water at times when you wouldn't expect.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

The_Hidden_R

The_Hidden_RWestern Australia, 6164

Lives up to its name

Date PurchasedMay 2017

BelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

This is not a good iron

Problems with this iron are that the cord keeps tangling, it spits water all the time, the cover where you put water in the iron is hard to open, the iron sticks to clothes and the water spray button is in such a stupid spot that you can't help but press it as you use the iron, leading to even more water everywhere. I think these problems are design flaws, so I wouldn't recommend the iron to anyone. Actually I wouldn't recommend Tefal to anyone either after this experience.

Mae

MaeMelbourne

Very good for its price

The iron heats up quickly, the steam function is great, does not leak (which i find is a common problem amongst other irons i had previously), the temp control is great and even and does not have intense middle spot which usually burns faster than the other parts of the iron.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Wal

WalSouth East Queensland, QLD

Tefal Ultraglide FV4042 Iron

Iron has good steam, but the cord is too short and the water 'max' mark and the iron heat setting are very hard to see. Also the water tank fill cover is not easy to open.

Rima Sh

Rima ShSydney

Good quality, reasonable price

It does what it says, the iron heats up really fast, I like the steaming Turbo additional feature and the xl water tank ... will recommend this if you are looking for a mid-range price iron that simply does the job. Tefal is a well known good brand after all.