Tefal Ultraglide FV4042

Tefal Ultraglide FV4042

MPN: FV4042
See the Best Irons & Steam Generators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Tefal

• Product is used
  • Safety

jose
joseHobart, TAS

Disappointing

Purchased in November 2020 for $70.00.

Brian
BrianSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does the job - very well

Purchased in March 2021 at The Good Guys Online store for $69.95.

HaroldSuccess

This Iron is hopeless

I bought this Teflon ultraglide FV4042 on the 17/10/2020 from The Good Guys Cockburn WA.
Stopped working tonight. Water leaks and safety light appears. I have school uniforms and work clothes to iron. No bloody iron now.
PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS IRON. Staff at the good guys have no clues regarding products they sell. Totally opposite to what they described about this Iron

Purchased in October 2020 at The Good Guys for $67.85.

Harold

Hopefully I get a credit when I return this crap so I can buy another brand

Mariah123Qld, 4670

I hate ironing but....

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for $65.00.

Mariah123

Update.....only reason I didn't give top score is the cord length.....was important for my situation and has never been an issue with previous irons

Andrew
AndrewDarling Downs, QLD

Tefal Ultraglide Iron

I had no idea that this iron that was relatively inexpensive could be so good. I have been so used to inferior irons. It is light and easy to use on all fabrics I have tried it on. It is mind boggling the choices out there so it was handy that the salesman at the Good Guys was there to assist.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Carolyn B
Carolyn BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible Design

Between the spray trigger on the inside of the handle and the cord coming up the middle of the back area of the handle, there is difficulty getting any grip on the handle at all. Also water constantly drips onto the clothes when the tank is filled during the steam operation, their solution is to wait a few seconds between iron swipes, as if anyone has time to do that. Took it back as soon as I could for a refund.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for $70.00.

ShariR
ShariRNorth Queensland, QLD

Never knew an iron could be so smooth and easy!

Purchased in January 2020 at Target Australia for $69.00.

Kath
KathSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Iron

Overall I am happy with this iron. It is very steamy & gets the creases out easily.
The cord is 1.8 metres long which is a little shorter than my previous Russell & Hobbs iron. I do prefer the longer cord.
Still getting used to having the trigger on the handle and it is easily bumped.

Grrrr
GrrrrSouth East Queensland, QLD

Tefal Aqua Speed 5325 IRON

This b l o o d y iron. I payed top price for this iron. All it’s done is spit crap out of the iron face and stain/damage favourite clothes since the day I bought it. I’m so fed up with it. Despite always using demineralised and purified water from the getgo it has failed to perform. It’s just ruined another white shirt on me by staining it with crap right on the upper front of the shirt. Moreover, it’s either very, very hot or it’s very, very cold. Would never recommend this brand.

Purchased in July 2017.

ShaeSouth Australia

Easy to use and heats up quickly

I love this iron. It's easy to use, does a great job, heats up quickly and produces a good amount of steam once you move up from the cool iron setting. On the high steam setting (cotton) it does go through water fairly quickly but that's to be expected for the amount of steam that it produces. I also love that I can add extra steam when needed with a well placed button.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Tubular
TubularCaulfield

Lovely iron to use

The surface of this iron is exceptional. It is the smoothest and easiest to use I have encountered. It it fairly sold and heats up to a good temperature and as such is highly suitable for thicker cotton. Steam works well and pumps out an effective volume. Have no complaints at all - its a good iron.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Casey
Casey

Great little iron

Temperature is very accurate. Its price is ok compared and does what it needs too. Steam option lacks a little but overall a good iron. I have had alot of Irons as I have young kids so I do go through alot. Iv had this one since March and no issue as of yet.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Zenina
ZeninaSydney

Love this iron! Can't live without it

This iron has saved the day many times. It is high quality, affordable, and will guarantee you a long life.

Thank you Tefal for helping me sort my business attire out, and for ensuring that my clothes are ironed well and to a high standard.

Only negatives would be that the water sometimes leaks a tiny bit, so watch out for this!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Gammo
GammoCarlton

Easy to use, durable, consistent

Fairly smooth iron, steam is consistent and so is the heat. Easy to hold and has some decent weight on it. Been using the product for 2 years and still happy with it as there hasn't been any issue. If you doesn't like heavy iron then this is not for you. Otherwise, it's recommended.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Sleemo
SleemoAdelaide

Great for the price

It heats up super quick and has a great amount of steam come out to help quickly iron business shirts without too much effort. I love how it has a huge water tank and does not leak all over the clothes. Best iron I have found in a long time. Very stable bottom holding the iron

Date PurchasedMar 2018