Tempur Ombracio

Tempur Ombracio

• Pillow Relieves Pre-Existing Pain Yes (3) · No (2)

Great pillow, terrible pillow case

I love this pillow, it's amazing but the case doesn't fit and for $150 I would have expected more! I contacted Tempur and they told me to contact the company I purchased through. So I contacted forty winks and they contacted Tempur who said they haven't heard it be a problem before (really doubt that, just read the reviews here). So I'm stuck with a $150 pillow case that doesn't fit and a company that won't fix the problem.

Purchased at Forty Winks.

KLM

KLMSouth East Queensland, QLD

This is the best pillow I have ever owned

The cross shape is perfect for my sleeping position (tummy with one arm above my head). After three years I am about to buy my second one because I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT IT. Yes, the pillowcase is a bit of a battle to get on, but worth it. Unfortunately they only come in white but I bought two and Napisan one while the other one is on and vice versa. After three years they still look like new.

Purchased at Snooze for A$349.00.

Life saver!

3 years ago, I bought the most expensive pillow I've ever discovered in my life, the Tempur Ombracio! Aside from having to remortgage your house to afford one, weighing a ton and the pillow cases being quite a workout to get onto the actual pillow, it has been a lifesaver. As a side/tummy sleeper who has always had to deal with their shoulder crushing their pillow, this pillow is a game changer. Make the pillow cases cheaper and slightly bigger and I will give this pillow a 10/10!

Purchased in September 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$300.00.

Find out how Tempur Ombracio compares to other Pillows

Waste of money and the pillow case a rip off

I’m a stomach sleeper and have been looking for a good pillow for this type of sleeping position. I bought the Tempura ombracio and for about three weeks it was okay but not great. After a month I found it uncomfortable and bought a better support pillow ( Stacks cheaper) on the market. Tempura is way overpriced and please don’t get me started on the rip off they charge you for a pillow case. Considering the price of the pillow, it should be thrown in. Tempura just being Greedy and scamming more money out of customers. Do yourself a favour buy another support pillow at a reasonable price.
This does not do what it is marketed as.
Buyer beware!

Purchased in February 2019 at Domayne NSW, Warrawong for A$299.00.

Pillow Relieves Pre-Existing PainNo
Rounak M

Rounak MVictoria

Overpriced and no difference between therapeutics ones

The pillow is overpriced but okay and I didn’t find huge difference between this and my orthopaedic ones. The shape is super annoying since I had to buy the spare cover and protector at almost same price as the pillow which is outrageous. You can’t get other cases or protector due to the shape. The protector makes the pillow lumpy since it’s so tight at the corners and I wasted so money on it. I’m taking it off tonight as it’s too lumpy. Very disappointing.

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Pillow Relieves Pre-Existing PainNo
Divine C.

Divine C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect pillow!

For someone that sleeps on their side and stomach, this is the best pillow and was worth every cent! Only issue im finding is replacement covers - i constantly was the one i have by hand and air dry.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$250.00.

Pre-existing Neck / Back IssuesNo

Could not get comfortable

Purchased in July 2019 at Internet for A$299.00.

Lewis C.Tempur

Tempur Ombracio pillow excellent, case can be better

Bought this not cheap, but excellent pillow when I first went to Melbourne, but the $99 case too fitting. Hopefully Tempur will make the updated case to complement this excellent product

Purchased in January 2019.

Pre-existing Neck / Back IssuesNo
Belinda M.

Belinda M.Mid North Coast, NSW

Love my pillow...9 years on...

My partner and I lashed out 9 years ago and bought one each. They were expensive back then! I was terrified of spending so much on a pillow....however, it's been money well spent. This is the only pillow I have use for the past 9 years! It is now going all soft and squishy and not at all supportive anymore, so I'm on the path for a new pillow. Hopefully, they are still just as good....don't they have a 10 year warranty?!

Purchased in March 2010.

Granpeta

GranpetaCanberra

Great at first, too hard in winter

We bought our pillows in summer and they were wonderful to sleep on. However over time they have become less comfortable and in winter are too hard. I now have to heat mine up before bed so that it is soft enough to let me get to sleep. It is also getting difficult to get it even from top to bottom, as it bunches up at the top. Like other reviewers, I was very irritated about the too small pillow cases and have to wrap mine in something else instead. My neck problems have returned, so time to find a different pillow, I think.

Purchased in January 2015.

MaggieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The best pillow for neck pain

I have been using this pillow now for 2 years. I purchased 2 for one. My neck problems are almost non existent. My only concern is that the pillow cases purchased with the pillows are too tight for the pillows and need tp be made with more width all round the pillows. Hopefully the manufacturers will listen

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Maggie

Tempur very kindly gave me two of the new pillow cases for this pillow and they are fantastic Bigger than the old ones and allow the pillow to spread. Thank you Tempur very much

James

JamesAspendale Gardens, Victoria

Love the pillow! Wasted money in purchasing cases though.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Great pillow but disappointed by the pillow case

I bought this pillow today along with a matching pillow slip - luckily on sale so it only cost me $60 for one pillow slip instead of the retail price of $100! However after washing the pillow slip by hand and drying on the line the pillow slip is too tight for the pillow and makes the pillow creased and lumpy. I am very disappointed and will be contacting the shop I purchased it from as I do not think that the pillow slip is fit for purpose if it is too small for the pillow. Very disappointing to have issues when I’ve just spent $300 on one pillow and one pillow slip.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
SLM
SLM
24_7Mo

24_7MoGippsland, VIC

Incredible support

Recently purchased two of these after making the "mistake" of trying one whilst testing potential new mattress. The mistake being I fell in love with it immediately.
Great pillow for us stomach sleepers.
For a case I just use the traditional ones which leave overhang.
They are on the pricey side- but managed to get two for $170 or so when buying a King Mattress.
Love this pillow!

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Tempur on radio pillow

I love my pillow. I find it very comfortable. I didn't like the pillowcase that can be purchased for it. I found it too tight and stopped the pillow from softening into position properly. I find it better just to slip the pillow into a European pillow case and fold any extra fabric underneath the pillow.
The pillow soften with body heat. It will feel firmer in cooler weather. Just lie on it for a few minutes and it will warm and soften.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Chris

ChrisHunter Region, NSW

Worst pillow ever

This pillow is the most uncomfortable pillow we have ever used. My wife just HAD to have it when we bought our new bed and now she refuses to sleep on it. When she makes the bed in the morning (I'm already at work when she gets up) she put's it on my side and steals my pillow. I accidentally just laid on it and remembered how disgusting it is which prompted me to write this review.
It's heavy, hard and doesn't recover it's shape. Worst $300 I've ever wasted. What's wrong with you people who rated it a 5??

Date PurchasedJun 2014

GayleMid North Coast, NSW

This is a fantastic pillow, so happy with my purchase.

I recently purchased this pillow whilst I was testing the tempur beds. My sleeping patterns vary throughout the night, I start by going to sleep on my stomach/side and I love the way that the pillow allows your shoulders to fit without taking away the support for your neck, this is also the case when I wake up on my back, there is so much support for your neck no matter which position you sleep in. I have purchased many expensive pillows over the years such as latex, memory foam etc.and I find that the Ombracio offers full support from the shoulders upwards. I cannot wait now until I complete the ensemble with the tempur bed that I have purchased.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

JJJSydney

The pillow it's self is ok but you cannot get a pillow case

Pillow it's self is ok however, most of the stores that sell the pillow don't sell the pillow case. It took a lot of phone calls and looking online to find the tempur pillow case and it's extremely expensive for one pillowcase. I had to drive for an hour to pick one up and when I got home it didn't even fit the pillow well. It caused it to bunch up and crinkle. Because it made the pillow so tight it wasn't comfortable anymore.

I contacted tempur and they were extremely unhelpful considering they make both products and exploit you when buying the pillow case cause there are no other options.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Lozm

LozmMackay, QLD

Awesome maternity pillow

I have been looking for a maternity pillow and came across this one. I am a side sleeper and have been using a regular pillow for support. As soon as I tried this One in the shop I didn’t even hesitate to buy it.
I had the best night sleep last night. I’m only half way in my pregnancy and I know this pillow will be my best friend as I get bigger and even more uncomfortable.
Love it!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

MrsIsaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Too firm not worth the price

I bought this because I have scoliosis and neck Arthritis and I was looking for a supportive pillow. It has been 2 weeks now and it's still too hard and high for me (back sleeper).
It might be designed for only tummy sleepers but the lady at the shop guaranteed it was for any position.
Unfortunately it was a waste of money, very uncomfortable and not worth the price.

Date PurchasedOct 2017