Tempur Ombracio

Tempur Ombracio

• Pillow Relieves Pre-Existing Pain Yes (5) · No (2)

Donna Malone
Donna MaloneCentral Queensland, QLD

Best pillow ever.

I bought two of the Tempur Ombrcio pillows and love them. I can't say the same for the pillowcases. They are way too small for the pillow and soooo expensive. They need to reinvent the cases and make them a bit bigger and less expensive. I badly need new cases but no one seems to sell them anyway. maybe they should sell the pillowcase pattern with the pillows so we can get them made.

Purchased in June 2017 at Bedshed for $300.00.

Maureen
MaureenSydney, NSW

Second Helping

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Other Pillows

Great pillow, terrible pillow case

I love this pillow, it's amazing but the case doesn't fit and for $150 I would have expected more! I contacted Tempur and they told me to contact the company I purchased through. So I contacted forty winks and they contacted Tempur who said they haven't heard it be a problem before (really doubt that, just read the reviews here). So I'm stuck with a $150 pillow case that doesn't fit and a company that won't fix the problem.

Purchased at Forty Winks.

KLM
KLMSouth East Queensland, QLD

This is the best pillow I have ever owned

The cross shape is perfect for my sleeping position (tummy with one arm above my head). After three years I am about to buy my second one because I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT IT. Yes, the pillowcase is a bit of a battle to get on, but worth it. Unfortunately they only come in white but I bought two and Napisan one while the other one is on and vice versa. After three years they still look like new.

Purchased at Snooze for $349.00.

Life saver!

3 years ago, I bought the most expensive pillow I've ever discovered in my life, the Tempur Ombracio! Aside from having to remortgage your house to afford one, weighing a ton and the pillow cases being quite a workout to get onto the actual pillow, it has been a lifesaver. As a side/tummy sleeper who has always had to deal with their shoulder crushing their pillow, this pillow is a game changer. Make the pillow cases cheaper and slightly bigger and I will give this pillow a 10/10!

Purchased in September 2017 at Harvey Norman for $300.00.

Waste of money and the pillow case a rip off

I’m a stomach sleeper and have been looking for a good pillow for this type of sleeping position. I bought the Tempura ombracio and for about three weeks it was okay but not great. After a month I found it uncomfortable and bought a better support pillow ( Stacks cheaper) on the market. Tempura is way overpriced and please don’t get me started on the rip off they charge you for a pillow case. Considering the price of the pillow, it should be thrown in. Tempura just being Greedy and scamming more money out of customers. Do yourself a favour buy another support pillow at a reasonable price.
This does not do what it is marketed as.
Buyer beware!

Purchased in February 2019 at Domayne NSW, Warrawong for $299.00.

Rounak M
Rounak MVictoria

Overpriced and no difference between therapeutics ones

The pillow is overpriced but okay and I didn’t find huge difference between this and my orthopaedic ones. The shape is super annoying since I had to buy the spare cover and protector at almost same price as the pillow which is outrageous. You can’t get other cases or protector due to the shape. The protector makes the pillow lumpy since it’s so tight at the corners and I wasted so money on it. I’m taking it off tonight as it’s too lumpy. Very disappointing.

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Divine C.
Divine C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect pillow!

For someone that sleeps on their side and stomach, this is the best pillow and was worth every cent! Only issue im finding is replacement covers - i constantly was the one i have by hand and air dry.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $250.00.

Pre-existing Neck / Back IssuesNo

Could not get comfortable

Purchased in July 2019 at Internet for $299.00.

Find out how Tempur Ombracio compares to other Pillows

Tempur Ombracio pillow excellent, case can be better

Bought this not cheap, but excellent pillow when I first went to Melbourne, but the $99 case too fitting. Hopefully Tempur will make the updated case to complement this excellent product

Purchased in January 2019.

Pre-existing Neck / Back IssuesNo
Belinda M.
Belinda M.Mid North Coast, NSW

Love my pillow...9 years on...

My partner and I lashed out 9 years ago and bought one each. They were expensive back then! I was terrified of spending so much on a pillow....however, it's been money well spent. This is the only pillow I have use for the past 9 years! It is now going all soft and squishy and not at all supportive anymore, so I'm on the path for a new pillow. Hopefully, they are still just as good....don't they have a 10 year warranty?!

Purchased in March 2010.

Granpeta
GranpetaCanberra

Great at first, too hard in winter

We bought our pillows in summer and they were wonderful to sleep on. However over time they have become less comfortable and in winter are too hard. I now have to heat mine up before bed so that it is soft enough to let me get to sleep. It is also getting difficult to get it even from top to bottom, as it bunches up at the top. Like other reviewers, I was very irritated about the too small pillow cases and have to wrap mine in something else instead. My neck problems have returned, so time to find a different pillow, I think.

Purchased in January 2015.

Pre-existing Neck / Back IssuesYes

MaggieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The best pillow for neck pain

I have been using this pillow now for 2 years. I purchased 2 for one. My neck problems are almost non existent. My only concern is that the pillow cases purchased with the pillows are too tight for the pillows and need tp be made with more width all round the pillows. Hopefully the manufacturers will listen

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Maggie

Tempur very kindly gave me two of the new pillow cases for this pillow and they are fantastic Bigger than the old ones and allow the pillow to spread. Thank you Tempur very much

James
JamesAspendale Gardens, Victoria

Love the pillow! Wasted money in purchasing cases though.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Other Pillows

Great pillow but disappointed by the pillow case

I bought this pillow today along with a matching pillow slip - luckily on sale so it only cost me $60 for one pillow slip instead of the retail price of $100! However after washing the pillow slip by hand and drying on the line the pillow slip is too tight for the pillow and makes the pillow creased and lumpy. I am very disappointed and will be contacting the shop I purchased it from as I do not think that the pillow slip is fit for purpose if it is too small for the pillow. Very disappointing to have issues when I’ve just spent $300 on one pillow and one pillow slip.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
SLM
SLM

Zoe E.
Zoe E.asked

My Ombracio has disintegrated in the section where my head rests. Is this normal...... I have had it for a few years. I saw that some people have had them for many years with no problems. I used a cover and changed it regularly.

Hi, Zoe.

Thanks for getting in touch. Have a chat to our customer service team and discuss your situation. They will endeavor to get the best resolution possible for you.

They can be contacted on 1300 306 062 or via info@tempur.com.au.

-LC

Sandy B
Sandy Basked

Where can I buy a pillow case for this pillow? One that fits not the too tight one that I bought with the pillow. Thanks

sandy
sandyasked

can i use a normal pillow case for the tempur ombracio pillow?

Hi, Sandy.

Certainly can. Although there will be a slight amount of slack due to the shape of the pillow.

Hope this helps.

- LC

Val
Val

I haven't tried a normal pillow case only a square European one. But it's worth a go. Im going to try it myself.

Gayle
Gayle

I have tried the European pillowcase which worked fine but my hand get getting stuck in the excess material. I have now been using a normal pillow case but I find it makes if too firm especially up the tip if my head. I am now getting a friend to make a pillowcase for it so it fits correctly.

Get an answer from our members and Tempur representatives

CategoryPillows