The Plumbing and Gas Guys

The Plumbing and Gas Guys

Website is false and misleading

The web site states that the Sunday rates are the same as normal weekday rates. Absolute rubbish. When the plumber rang me to discuss the job, the first thing he said was that the Monday to Friday rates are $90 per hour and that the Sunday rates are $360 per hour. “If it sounds too good to be true, it is.”

Not perfect job..I waste my money and time this morning.nothing different of my toilet .his is unpro

Unprofessional - this morning younger guy came to my place to fixed the toilet was blocked, but his came to late and his spend time to explain to my husband what's the problem. His pumped toilet ones time ..his was opened the safety tank then his leaved his job. So I spend my time to put it back all and made same before and my husband was paid 180 dollars for nothing .
It's toilet different now still blocked.I have to call fifteenth compeny to do it job again
Bad news today

Hot water warranty call out.

Had a warranty issue with a new system. Within 24 hours over the Xmas holds they had sent 2 seperate blokes & had it fixed. Very impressed & extremely grateful.

Crap service

I had a leak in the water pipe and called them out to fix it, The plumber arrives and starts looking for the leak I told him I think the leak was out front, he ignored that advice and He dug a large hole out the back then he says he cant find the leak and leaves. I went out the front when he left and my front garden was under a inch of water. The plumber comes back the next day and digs a second hole right where I said the leak was coming from puts a 100 mm pipe in and fixes the leak He leaves the dug hole open and not filled in. I rang the company back she got told if I wanted the holes that he dug filled in it would cost me a additional hour
I get a invoice for over $350. Firstly they tried to over charge me by 30 mins, secondly they charged me for a second hour where as the leak could of been fixed in the first hour. They charged me $85 for a small piece of copper pipe
Do NOT use them they will rip you off.

Prompt response, sound advice, excellent work

When we had problems with our hot water service I rang plumbers we'd used often in the past, and had a most unhelpful response. Rang The Plumbing and Gas Guys, and the response couldn't have been more different. John attended later the same day, accurately diagnosed the issue, and came the next day to fix the problem. His work was first class. There was a minor issue with the invoice - Jenny from the office could not have been more helpful and it was quickly resolved. Happy to recommend them

Toilet install

Hi we had to have our toilet suite changed because it was leaking and loose. I rang around to get the best charge and The Plumbing and Gas Guys (PGG) where the best. They said if I purchase the toilet we wanted they could install it the next day. The next day right on the time given. After inspecting the toilet he carried the new toilet upstairs and began to remove and install. One hour and it was finished, very happy with all the service I received form the initial phone call the staff where very polite, respectful and helpful.
Could not be happier with the whole experience.

Honest and friendly

Honest and friendly plumbing service that do what they say they'll do. We had a new gas oven installed on the same day I called
. Thank God!

DO NOT USE THEM EVER!! SHONKY!

THE SHONKIEST BUSINESS EVER!

Had issues with their 'FREE' call out fee and 'FREE' quote. Apparently this stops as soon as they get through your front door. Objected to paying the almost $200 invoice for us telling them what was wrong with our hot water system and was issued with a court summons. As didn't have time to go to court I paid the invoice, only to get a letter in the mail a couple of weeks later from the Magistrates Court that I owed money for not turning up. The Plumbing and Gas Guys didn't even bother to cancel that either. So now I have extra forms to fill in to object to this ruling. VERY ANGRY!! Also shows that they don't turn up to court either.

SPREAD THE WORD - DON'T EVER USE THESE GUYS

Excellent work and customer service..

I just wanted to share my wonderful experience with The Plumbing and Gas Guys. Very happy with the service provided. Nigel and the boys were amazing. I had another company out to quote replacing storage HWS with Instantaneous and was told would have to be moved and new pipes run etc and would cost $$$$. Spoke with Nigel on the phone that evening and was so helpful. Andrew and Adam came out the next morning and could install new Instantaneous HWS in the same place as the old storage and half the price of first quote. Installed new system that same day. Great work and customer service all round, highly recommend! Thank you.

The installation guys were great but the office people are rude if they think you're undeserving of

This company installed an electric hot water system for me at my house. The guys were friendly and professional. I do have issues with how the office has communicated with me, however. I arranged to pay a certain amount per fortnight with the office and this was approved at installation. A few weeks later, I had a call from the accounts team to chase up money as apparently the instalment amounts needed to be higher per fortnight. Also, I contacted them to ask for advice or possibly to change the system as the Synergy bills became astronomical after installation. I recognised that it was a bit much to request a new system and admitted that. The company could not suggest ways to lower my bills. After searching the internet, I found that a timer could be installed to reduce heating bills at night. I went ahead and arranged an installation which the company said was 'at cost' but was still $320 to install. Another company told me that this timer would cost around $260, so it seems that it wasn't at cost, but never mind. Also, the staff on email were rude when I tried to organise various times for the installation so that I wouldn't have to take time off work. I didn't realise that their hours ended at 3.30pm. If they'd told me that upfront, I wouldn't have wasted their time with emails trying to pin down a suitable time.

Recently I emailed them to ask for a balance on my account. I would like to pay this off sooner. i needed to email again a second time as I received no response and now I get one-liner responses such as 'I have forwarded to accounts' without any 'Dear Jennifer' or 'Yours sincerely'. It's just rude and bad PR.

I felt like a criminal for arranging payments that apparently were below the required amount per fortnight (not that anyone told me at the time) and now am treated with contempt by email. Not impressed.

Recommended.......

Andrew came and sorted out the leaking toilet....a very polite and professional guy....and I would thoroughly recommend him,,,,,,, and your company.....

Overcharged!!

Beware these guys charge $180 per hour. Paid $550 to simply terminate a water line and a gas line which wasnt finished as he couldnt find the line so had to pay 3 hours work. Also says 10% off when booking online but when the time comes to pay there is no mention of the discount.

AVOID!

Called these guys to fix a leaking mixer tap in bathroom. Immediately after tap was dismantled, washers were lubricated and nuts were tightened, the tap appeared to have stopped leaking; however, when I looked a few hours later, it was just as bad as before so I had spent $195.39 for nothing. I called the business again and someone came to look briefly at problem deciding it needed a new tap or part. Once I had acquired the new part, I called back to see if I would be given a discount and not be charged the first hour fee of $180 as it was basically the continuation of the same job. The answer was 'no' because they 'hadn't caused the problem'. I used another plumber: it cost $60 and this time the job was done!

Re:Fast and efficient

Richard Whitaker came out today.
We were very impressed with his professionalism and efficiency and most certainly would use his services again.
Thanks again :)

Thanks guys

Massive thanks to Nigel and Josh for helping me when I was so distraught today. Having a new bub I can not afford to have no water and no hot water!! Money is very tight at the moment and I was dreading what it was going to cost. It didn’t take long for Josh to fix the problem and the bill was nowhere near as big as I was worried about.
Overall great customer service, friendly and empathetic staff, very happy with how I was treated and will recommend to anyone and everyone!!

Woah they kept their word

Quite shocked that I’ve managed to find a plumber that doesn’t rip you off! The Plumbing and Gas Guys were true to their word and gave me the best deal by far! They were my first of 5 quotes and they promised to match or beat any cheaper quote but they were miles under.

Thank you so much I’ve never been so happy to have a hot shower!

Trustworthy tradesmen

I was very pleased with the service provided by The Plumbing and Gas Guys at my home yesterday. They arrived earlier than expected. The plumber was tidy and polite. I am usually very anxious with trades due to a bad past experience but he made me feel comfortable.
They were well priced and I wouldn't hesitate to call them again. Reccommend to anyone looking for a trustworthy and reasonable plumber.

Top service from start to finish

I called the Plumbing and Gas Guys at 1030pm with an urgent blocked drain. They had their plumber Josh to me by 730am the next morning! He sent me a text to say he was on his way, he was friendly and kept me inforned the whole time. I will definitely be using them again- especially as they offer discounts for repeat customers! Hard to find a good honest and reliable contractor y these days.

WONDERFUL!

I just wanted to share my wonderful experience with Josh from The Plumbing and Gas Guys today! He was so knowledgeable, friendly and polite. I will be asking for him every time and will highly recommend to anyone looking for a plumber! Good honest trades are hard to come by and when you find them you should shout their praise.

Finally my solar is fixed!!!!

4 different company’s told me my solar was stuffed and needed replacement!
These guys sent Robert out and tadaaaaa all I needed was a new element and a valve quickly he had hot water for me again and even gave me his personal number incase I ever had another issue with it.
Legends