The Plumbing & Electrical Doctor

The Plumbing & Electrical Doctor

See the Best Plumbers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

VERY OVER PRICED!! would give no stars if I could!

Hot water issues, very expensive !
We spent $900 and then told we needed a new hot water system, then quoted $2400 for new 160 litre tank, less $400 for previous work done. I found the same tank at Bunnings for $850! I then got a quote from another plumber $1500 for 240 litre tank plus complete install inc required Tempering valve.

Don't ever use this 'service'

Less than 3 years ago I had a new hot water system installed. That is, I had 2 new hot water systems installed as the first one was faulty - at a cost of 2,500. Less than 3 years later I have no hot water. As still under guarantee, I called them back. I was told it was an electrical fault, and that it would cost as not under guarantee. I was told an electrician would come out between 2 and 5 on Friday. It is now Tues, no electrician, no hot water. The plumber blamed the electrician, the electrician didn't come, the manager blamed Ausgrid, but no-one would put their hand up and say they would fix it!!
Oh, and it was installed incorrectly, as element and valve are facing the corner wall so no access.

Use Someone Else!

We needed to replace a failed hot water service on a Saturday and the technician, Tom was well mannered and courteous. Upon arrival he quoted $2,800 to install a hot water heater that has a supply price of $1,340 which they had arranged to be dropped off prior. I questioned the installation costs but with 2 young children & limited options I agreed to the quotation on the basis that we receive a fully itemised invoice. We have since been told by the General Manager through receptionist Alex that it is there discretion to supply such an invoice & they won’t be doing it in this instance. Next time if I had to choose between cold water or using these guys again, I’d take the cold water.

Total scam

Called them out for a blocked drain, tried to convince me I needed to excavate my whole yard for $15k to solve problem. Said if I didn’t pay $1500 deposit that day the quote would go up $1000. Offered me financing and the option to join their membership program in order to get a discount. I ended up getting a second opinion and the problem is now solved thanks to a $10 part. High pressure sales tactics with no follow up. Don’t trust this company.

Now I can flush

I am very impressed by the prompt reply I received when booking a service call.
He was prompt, professional and friendly. Showed and explained what was wrong. Explained my options. When the work was completed there was no mess left behind.
I will definitely use the Plumbing Dr again.

complete rip off

$450 for 40 minutes work, do your research this company completely rip of consumers, they then asked if they could inspect our other assets (free of charge pffff) really this was their way of sticking their promo stickers all over my belongings! something I did not give permission to do!

Ripping off the elderly

They charged my 90 year old grandmother $900 to change 4 taps. They took her cash and left no receipt, no invoice and absolutely no accounting of costs. There's a reason this mob has so many one star reviews. They're crooks who think nothing of preying on the elderly.

Absolute ripoff

We had an electrician turn up and give us a quote for a small job. He proceeded to quote us a price of $700 for a job we knew was no where near that. When questioned on the price we were told that parts alone were over $350 and that conduit was expensive. We had to pay the so called call out fee of $49. We then had another quote for the same job from a different company and they quoted $300 less. We contacted customer service about our concerns and nothing has come of it. Would never recommend them.

Very Expensive and Inefficient

Had a blocked sewer, which was cleared OK. Original plumber was not equipped to do the full investigation, so later a second visit involving a CCTV inspection apparently detected a break in the pipe. We agreed to have it repaired and the work was done by relining a 4 metre section. This operation was performed by a "team?" of 5 when 3 would have been more than sufficient. They came and went often and spent a lot of time chatting on their mobile phones. Most of which could be overheard and was nothing to do with the job at hand. The job was poorly organised, and the work ethic on display was very poor by most of the team. The work was not efficiently carried out, so is that why the price quoted had to be high? I have asked for a breakdown of the costs on the job, which are now considered extremely excessive having witnessed just how little actual work was performed. They have not done this despite numerous requests over the period since the work was performed.
I will never use their services again and would absolutely not be able to recommend them to anyone.

A 12 month service agreement paid for but no longer cover the Wollongong region.

They no longer have anyone who can cover this region even tho I paid a yearly membership fee, when I rang them I was given the phone number of another company & a job number. They were vague about referring me to another company with no mention of whether they are going to cover the cost of getting it replaced under warranty. When I asked them for a copy of an invoice for the item they had installed previously but was told they don't know where it is, I needed that invoice for the product they previously installed & has now stopped working so I could claim warranty on it.