The Plumbing & Electrical Doctor

The Plumbing & Electrical Doctor

See the Best Plumbers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Julia R.

Julia R.Hunter Region, NSW

I had 2 guys attend my property who dug up my backyard and change the pipes, they were professional and polite, they cleaned the area neatly and explained properly the issue so I had a clear understanding why I've been getting my pipes blocked. Thank you

Meredith Maddison

Meredith MaddisonHunter Region, NSW

Although the job was more expensive than I was led to believe, I could not fault Kody - he was so friendly, professional and got the job done promptly. He is certainly an asset to the company.

Dave J

Dave JHunter Region, NSW

Great job

Thanks to Luke for going far and beyond to fix our leaking toilet. We know it was a huge task to get all the necessary parts He did an excellent job. Very courteous. Highly recommend.

Brian D

Brian DMoncrieff 2914, ACT

Great Service

Very impressed with the level of professional and friendly service I received from Carl.
Carl found issue and cleared quickly. Another company wanted to cut my concrete. Would recommend Plumbing Dr.

Excellent Service

Pierre provided excellent service, was well mannered and the information he provided me with was so helpful. I have used this company in the past and will definitely be using them again

Carol

CarolHunter Region, NSW

Highly Recommend

Jeff was very courteous and arrived on time. Replaced old hot water unit with minimum of fuss and a reasonable price for a pensioner which was worth it considering they arrived the same day. I would recommend highly.

Disgruntled customer10

Disgruntled customer10Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Avoid this company at all costs!

They use incompetent tradies. Their electrician installed all my electrical fixtures upside down saying it was a new way of applying it! Another one dropped and destroyed my new chandelier when removing it, and replaced it with a piece of cheap rubbish from Bunnings. I got no compensation. The plumber couldn’t fix a leaking tap to save his life. Told me to tie a rag around it! Plus, they NEVER show up on time and then OVER CHARGED me. Bunch of crooks! Do yourself a favour and avoid them like the plague.

Rates and Fees

Damaged my property, ignored complaint

The evening after I paid for the job I noticed that they had clearly run into my gate with their excavator damaging it. When I made a complaint they refused to respond or negotiate in any way.

Paul G.

Paul G.Hunter Region, NSW

VERY OVER PRICED!! would give no stars if I could!

Hot water issues, very expensive !
We spent $900 and then told we needed a new hot water system, then quoted $2400 for new 160 litre tank, less $400 for previous work done. I found the same tank at Bunnings for $850! I then got a quote from another plumber $1500 for 240 litre tank plus complete install inc required Tempering valve.

Helen

HelenHunter Region, NSW

Don't ever use this 'service'

Less than 3 years ago I had a new hot water system installed. That is, I had 2 new hot water systems installed as the first one was faulty - at a cost of 2,500. Less than 3 years later I have no hot water. As still under guarantee, I called them back. I was told it was an electrical fault, and that it would cost as not under guarantee. I was told an electrician would come out between 2 and 5 on Friday. It is now Tues, no electrician, no hot water. The plumber blamed the electrician, the electrician didn't come, the manager blamed Ausgrid, but no-one would put their hand up and say they would fix it!!
Oh, and it was installed incorrectly, as element and valve are facing the corner wall so no access.

Matthew Stamp

Matthew Stamp

Use Someone Else!

We needed to replace a failed hot water service on a Saturday and the technician, Tom was well mannered and courteous. Upon arrival he quoted $2,800 to install a hot water heater that has a supply price of $1,340 which they had arranged to be dropped off prior. I questioned the installation costs but with 2 young children & limited options I agreed to the quotation on the basis that we receive a fully itemised invoice. We have since been told by the General Manager through receptionist Alex that it is there discretion to supply such an invoice & they won’t be doing it in this instance. Next time if I had to choose between cold water or using these guys again, I’d take the cold water.

Jo M.

Jo M.Canberra Central 2601, ACT

Total scam

Called them out for a blocked drain, tried to convince me I needed to excavate my whole yard for $15k to solve problem. Said if I didn’t pay $1500 deposit that day the quote would go up $1000. Offered me financing and the option to join their membership program in order to get a discount. I ended up getting a second opinion and the problem is now solved thanks to a $10 part. High pressure sales tactics with no follow up. Don’t trust this company.

Wendy

Wendy

Now I can flush

I am very impressed by the prompt reply I received when booking a service call.
He was prompt, professional and friendly. Showed and explained what was wrong. Explained my options. When the work was completed there was no mess left behind.
I will definitely use the Plumbing Dr again.

complete rip off

$450 for 40 minutes work, do your research this company completely rip of consumers, they then asked if they could inspect our other assets (free of charge pffff) really this was their way of sticking their promo stickers all over my belongings! something I did not give permission to do!

Ripping off the elderly

They charged my 90 year old grandmother $900 to change 4 taps. They took her cash and left no receipt, no invoice and absolutely no accounting of costs. There's a reason this mob has so many one star reviews. They're crooks who think nothing of preying on the elderly.

Absolute ripoff

We had an electrician turn up and give us a quote for a small job. He proceeded to quote us a price of $700 for a job we knew was no where near that. When questioned on the price we were told that parts alone were over $350 and that conduit was expensive. We had to pay the so called call out fee of $49. We then had another quote for the same job from a different company and they quoted $300 less. We contacted customer service about our concerns and nothing has come of it. Would never recommend them.

Very Expensive and Inefficient

Aussieladee

AussieladeeAU

A 12 month service agreement paid for but no longer cover the Wollongong region.

They no longer have anyone who can cover this region even tho I paid a yearly membership fee, when I rang them I was given the phone number of another company & a job number. They were vague about referring me to another company with no mention of whether they are going to cover the cost of getting it replaced under warranty. When I asked them for a copy of an invoice for the item they had installed previously but was told they don't know where it is, I needed that invoice for the product they previously installed & has now stopped working so I could claim warranty on it.