The Surfboard Warehouse

See the Best Sports & Recreation Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by The Surfboard Warehouse

Lee
Lee

Terrible packaging, poor communication

• +1Thumbnail
ash r.
ash r.South East Queensland, QLD

Dark Horse 2021

Ive owned many surfboards in my life, but I'm a bit older now and have lost some paddling fitness, so I enjoy Longboards and Fishes and its not really a problem. However I wanted to feel some performance again and had my eye on a Dark Horse for a little while. 15% sale came up and I bought one, a 6'4 which is a touch over-sized for my 85kg weight. Don't care because this things catches waves, as long as it stands up with a bit of shape its on! Pumps speed comfortably through fat sections and bangs off turns with ease. Very happy with my purchase. Always thinking about the next surf, something thats been missing for a while. :)

Best board I’ve ever had, but still not the right one

I was convinced by your sizing guide that I needed an longer board, I’m 95kgs and 6’4 tall, which put me in the range of a 6’6-6’8 board on the dark horse, I ignored the advice and got a 6’4, although the board was far easier to catch waves,(was sitting out with the stand up paddle boarders and still catching them) it felt like a boat to turn, I tried my brothers 5’8 dark horse and was far more impressed, it just did what I thought, turned when I wanted it too, just as easy to paddle and now regretting my 6’4 purchase, do we need an ‘extra advanced’ column? I’ve never ridden such a big board

Sports & Recreation Shops

Find out how The Surfboard Warehouse compares to other Sports & Recreation Shops

Brae.p
Brae.pSouthern and Hills, SA

Terrible customer service and being ignored as stocks weren't correctly listed

Have ordered a 4/3 wetsuit and a poncho on the 8th of jan 2021. Now had to make contact after 3 weeks and still no parcel received they blamed the Christmas rush and said they were out of stock. Then cant give me a eta on when there stock is gonna come in. Asked for a refund and they said ill be contacted with the refund department a week later still no contact has been made. Struggle to even get a reply from them wont tell me anything over the phone. Havent received my refund or the products I ordered over a month ago. Takes 3-5 days to even email me back total stuffing me around very very disappointing customer service will not recommend or spend my money here and hope every one else is warned about what this business is like.

Haylee B.
Haylee B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY

We spent $1,200 on a SUP Board from this company only for it to arrive cracked at the tail end. The board was packaged well and the box was not damaged at all. This SUP board was damaged before it was packed into that box.
The company will not replace the board because apparently it’s not their problem. I am absolutely disgusted and will be taking them to consumer affairs for my full refund.
After posting on social media I have had 2 others come forward after also receiving the same treatment.
This company takes advantage of interstate buyers and sees a way for them to get rid of already damaged boards to then blame someone else.

Polly
PollyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointed with glass job

Have been happy with several previous boards from the SBW , however the glass job on the 2020 Vanquish appears very thin.
Compressions after only a few light surfs.

nicole
nicoleSydney

Absolute disgrace - don’t waste your time

Having placed an order online for multiple surfboards, body boards and accessories I was still waiting for delivery after 3 weeks. It is approaching 5 weeks now and nothing has changed despite me calling every second day, being told it will be sorted today and they will call me back to confirm order is on the way. I have spoken to 6 different staff who have all done the same thing which is absolutely nothing. A week out from Christmas my kids obviously won’t be getting their presents. These guys are appalling. Don’t waste your time and money on them. Disgraceful experience

Great board

Delivery to Victoria only took 4 days and was delivered to my front door
I ordered the Mahi Mahi clear skin Besides the fins being pretty ordinary the board looked good .Went for a surf in 3 to 5 ft waves and was surprised how good the board paddled and surfed
I would recommend that you get better fins as i did . So far I haven't had any issues and would buy another board from them

Kim
Kim

Dissappointed

Delivery took close to 3 weeks, left on front door step, we gave instructions to leave in a secure place, completely ignored, then opened package to find wrong product. Very dissappointing & unprofessional.

Matt
MattSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cracking SUP board & terrible warranty

Ash
AshMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The soulstice - life changing beginner board!

TroySouth East Queensland, QLD

The mighty Zepher

Mahi mahi mini mal broken finnbox after first use

Larveee my new board, so excited for this surfing journey

Team at Palm beach were very welcoming and helpful in finding me a long board suitable for a beginner! When I came back to pick up board a few weeks ago, the young man went above and beyond in helping set up roof racks and the board on my car. Would highly recommend both Burleigh and Palm beach store! Thank you so much, I'm in love with my board xx

Jordy A.
Jordy A.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

ECO Bean II - Amazing Board

Loving my new EcoBean II. Picked it up from the new Sydney Store. The Manager was very knowledgeable and helpful I think her name was Tegan or Tahlia. I purchased the 6,0 with around 47L of volume. I’m 32 years old and weigh around 95kg. I’ve set the board up as a quad. First wave was a little sketchy(as I wasn’t use to the quad setup) after that it was amazing. I was by far catching more waves then anyone else out their, the board flies through the flat sections and turns really well. It’s stable and glides super fast making it easy to catch waves. I’m getting on waves quicker and easier then ever. Hadn’t had this much fun in years.
The construction of the board feels solid and well built. Stoked with my new board.

Read more reviews - page 2

Andy
Andyasked

Has anyone had issues with the surfboard warehouse trying to blame the consumer for manufacturing defects on the board?

I’m still going through the headache to trying to organise a claim review. They are taking so long to sort it out. Even after I supplied so many photos on three seperate occassions. I was wondering how they get away with this. All
I want is my money back. I don’t want to buy there again.

Troy

I haven't come across this problem at all mate. That's an unfortunate situation you find yourself in but if I was you, I would let them know that if it isn't rectified soon then you will be taking your complaint to consumer watch and the ombudsmen. I know you don't want to buy from them again, but maybe you could do a simple board swap. Old for new. Even though you have had a bad customer experience with them, atleast you will have a rideable board. Good luck mate.

Dazzer
Dazzer

If your on the Northern Beaches I'd talk to George at Manly Surfboards. Only ever had one issue with a board I bought from them and it was replaced instantly.

Frans H.
Frans H.asked

Those delamination issues are a worry. It would be easy to hit over 70 degrees in the sun or on a closed up car in summer. Especially in the tropics or ozzy. So its the air inside pressurizing the deck. Why not add a simple pressure release valve in the boards. Problem solved!

John M.The Surfboard Warehouse

Hi Frans, Thanks for your enquiry. So you are aware, pressure valves do not prevent delamination, as this is a side effect of the foam core literally melting. Boards that have a valve installed (such as a goretex valve) can still delaminate and either contract like a raisin as the air releases from the valve or if exposed to higher temperatures expand as the valve can only release a certain amount of air per minute (in cases where boards are left in cars this is typically the case). We run valves in all boards above 9ft but this is not to prevent heat damage.

Ben
Benasked

Has anyone owned a Walsh Surf Designs Mini Mal?

See all The Surfboard Warehouse questions