• Timeliness

SukebePerth, WA

Attempted rip off

Nestor

NestorMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Ripped Off for a 15 minutes job.

A plumber attended my rental property as it got a leak through one of the two relief valves. The plumber changed the two relief valves charging about 2 times more than a reasonable price for job done. That was his first and last job at my property.

Review collected in partnership with The Tap Doctor

Ana

AnaPerth

Great company, great service

Great company, attentive phone operators, qualified and knowledgable tradespeople, job always fixed on time and first time, nothing is too hard for them and always on call 24/7. You get a quote before starting the job and prices are within range.

Linda

LindaPerth, WA

Reece you're our plumber

Reece has been fixing plumbing issues at ours for a few years now, today he put in a new hot water system. Thanks Reece you are a star, you have 5 star work ethics, and always happy. Nothing is too much.

Zac

ZacPerth, WA

Didn't fix the problem and charged me $170

Called Tap Doctor up for my blocked toilet because they had a 'zero dollar callout fee'. The man who came was nice but he just started plunging the toilet (the same thing we had been doing for weeks to make the overflow less), charged me $170 and left. Upon calling them up and explaining the toilet blockage still wasn't fixed they informed me that no form of refund is possible even though nothing was signed or explained to me as if I'd known that he was just going to plunge it then I would have said no.

CarolPerth, WA

Don't bother

I went online on Sunday night to find a local plumber to fix a constantly flowing toilet.
I found Tap Doctor, they had a great website and a very convenient email service where you could state the problem and request a plumber.
So.............I stated the problem and also advised what I had done (with help from Google) to try to rectify the problem.
I submitted the enquiry and received confirmation via email to say someone would contact me within 12/24 hours.
48 hours later I am still waiting.
On to plan B and find myself a reliable company that is true to their word.

Carol

Thank you Tap Doctor but that response took 5 months.....I rest my case!

delee

deleePeel, WA

New loo fabulous

Called tap doctor for quote after finding water on my toilet floor.
Robyn from South West tap doctor was here within can hour and took one look and photos explaining the danger of having a cracked toilet landlord gave ok over phone and Robyn went above and beyond to install my new toilet that night. She knocked off around 6pm normally finishes work at 4pm.
What a wonderful job she did cleaned up and left place sparkling.
Thank you Robyn your a legend.

ColinCanberra

Good work, but $$

ACT job Dec 20 - Fix burst garden pipe/tap at the wall.
Replace approx 1m 13mm PVC pipe with copper, fix tap to the wall. Nice guy & good work (5 stars).
No call out fee as promised, unable to provide hourly rate but 'as per job'.
Approx 1 hr work, pipe, fitting to wall = $320 @ weekday price (2 stars).
I expected about $200 or $250 at the most but I have now been re-educated. I hope this helps.

McCahill

McCahillPerth, WA

John The Tap Doctor Plumber

Needed a plumber on a Saturday for a pipe leak, took a few calls to the Tap Doctor to get John out but he was very professional, on time and courteous. Promptly fixed the problem. No fuss and even put in my claim to the Water Corp for me. The cost was very reasonable and very happy to recommend him. I'm keeping his name and number for the future.

Martinea

Martinea

Gas needed connecting to stove and pilot light lit.

Today a gentleman came to my property named Daniel, I was working and urgently needed the gas stove connected and the pilot light lit as I had sold my property. Daniel came to my property to fix the issue.and called me regarding the work needed and price. Totally appreciate the promptness in attending my property and the service. Thank you.

jace

jacePerth, WA

Ripped a Old Lady off and left her with no shower

My nan of 85 called them to replace one tap set/ fix as it was dripping and hard to turn off. back in (2018 Hamilton Hill Area WA) The bloke then told her that the shower taps/washer may as well be replaced as well. while he was doing the shower he broke tiles .He got his payment and left my nan without fixing the shower for over a week until her building friend fixed it all for her . I called the company up and they were extremely rude and not helpful at all . Ripped a old lady off and done a job she didn’t even ask for . also extremely expensive just to replace a washer .. and done the damage and didn’t even discount or help getting it repaired . I would never recommend them to anyone.

The Tap D.The Tap Doctor

Tap doctor did not show up

Booked an appointment over the weekend for a weekday job, took the day off to wait for the Doctor but no one came at the appointed time.
Called Tap doctor to confirm whether someone will come, but wasn't able to get a confirmation.

Wallace
Wallace

David Smith

David SmithPerth, WA

Never again

Expensive and work needed to be re-done after a couple of months. Called his mate to come over and then tried to get me to pay for him! I think it's probably best to stay away from franchised tradespeople and stick with local guys.

Anne F.

Anne F.Perth, WA

Installation ok

I engaged the tap doctor - [name removed] was his name and he installed a tap in the bathroom sink that would only be worth approximately around $60.00 to $70.00. He charged me $330.00. As a pensioner this pricing is outrageous!

He's a total crook!

Caroline Jane

Caroline JaneCanberra 2600, ACT

terrible

plumber came and yes- "no call out fee" but charged $370 for 20 mins work fixing toilet systern. guess what.. he didn't fix it... came out again- didn't charge- and still didn't fix it. my husband looked on you tube and fixed it. never again with tap doctor.

Aline CohenPeel, WA

Expensive!

While there is no call out fee, what there is, is an investigation fee of $149 (!!), which we were only told about when the plumber arrived. This would no be charged if we proceeded with the repair. $250 for 10mins work replacing a mixer tap capsule which cost around $15 at Bunnings... we felt a bit ripped off! We were also very surprised that a company carrying this name, did not carry this part in their van and had to go purchase one!

Aline Cohen

The only reason the price was accepted was because it was a matter of having it fixed at $250 or paying $149 and still have a tripping tap... Your statement that there is no call out fee is misleading!

Wendy

WendyPerth, WA

Very happy

Daniel called today to inspect my blocked drain, gave a quote and I went ahead with the work. It took a bit of effort but eventually it was running like new again. Daniel is very professional, friendly and obliging. He is a very proud dad of his three children, two little boys and a four legged one. I will certainly use Daniel again when the occasion arises & will recommend him to anyone I hear of needing a plumber. Thanks Danny it was a pleasure to have you in my home. Regards Wendy

Eva Lee

Eva LeePerth, WA

Rip off

rip off! really overpriced! They recommended me to do a service of $499 to our gas boiler while it was working very well last year and now the boiler goes wrong after months they did that service. This time they charge me another $470 for just a tempering valve, without any guarantee--if this doesn't work you'll need a new tank then. Of course they did send me last year several quotes of new boiler as well. All they care is charging again and again, so the problem never gets solved actually. Working with them again will be the last thing I do!

Eva Lee,

We would appreciate if you could reach out to us at info@tapdoctor.com.au. We were not able to find a matching client in Western Australia with this name.

KaiPerth, WA

Talking about other customers outside my house loudly on the phone

We currently have one of your plumbers here, who was supposed to be around 30-60 minutes for a job yesterday involving the shower dripping. The issue was fixed yesterday by another company however they still came (for some reason stating that they needed to install something). It's since been over an hour that they've been here, and are out the front, with the door open in a semi-high crime suburb, loudly talking about how they hate the other customers that they've had today, quoting what other customers have said in a mocking fashion, and also stating that when they get their concrete license, they're afraid that a particular company might come after them?

I'm really uncomfortable with this plumber, and his attitude stinks..

Kai,

“KAI” if this is a legitimate review and not one from a competitor please reach out info@tapdoctor.com.au we have no customer in our system with these details.

Done.

Dodgy and unprofessional

Plumber was asking me to disclose my credit card details over the phone. Refused to provide me an invoice for the job to prove that the job was done at my rental property. Once I paid by bank transfer plumber was asking me to provide a bank statement.
Tap doctor payment system makes me feel really uncomfortable as they request personal financial details over the phone and demand payment to be done instantly.