The Tap Doctor

• Rates and Fees
Aline Cohen

Aline CohenPeel, WA

Expensive!

While there is no call out fee, what there is, is an investigation fee of $149 (!!), which we were only told about when the plumber arrived. This would no be charged if we proceeded with the repair. $250 for 10mins work replacing a mixer tap capsule which cost around $15 at Bunnings... we felt a bit ripped off! We were also very surprised that a company carrying this name, did not carry this part in their van and had to go purchase one!

Wendy

WendyPerth, WA

Very happy

Daniel called today to inspect my blocked drain, gave a quote and I went ahead with the work. It took a bit of effort but eventually it was running like new again. Daniel is very professional, friendly and obliging. He is a very proud dad of his three children, two little boys and a four legged one. I will certainly use Daniel again when the occasion arises & will recommend him to anyone I hear of needing a plumber. Thanks Danny it was a pleasure to have you in my home. Regards Wendy

Eva Lee

Eva LeePerth, WA

Rip off

rip off! really overpriced! They recommended me to do a service of $499 to our gas boiler while it was working very well last year and now the boiler goes wrong after months they did that service. This time they charge me another $470 for just a tempering valve, without any guarantee--if this doesn't work you'll need a new tank then. Of course they did send me last year several quotes of new boiler as well. All they care is charging again and again, so the problem never gets solved actually. Working with them again will be the last thing I do!

Kai

KaiPerth, WA

Talking about other customers outside my house loudly on the phone

We currently have one of your plumbers here, who was supposed to be around 30-60 minutes for a job yesterday involving the shower dripping. The issue was fixed yesterday by another company however they still came (for some reason stating that they needed to install something). It's since been over an hour that they've been here, and are out the front, with the door open in a semi-high crime suburb, loudly talking about how they hate the other customers that they've had today, quoting what other customers have said in a mocking fashion, and also stating that when they get their concrete license, they're afraid that a particular company might come after them?

I'm really uncomfortable with this plumber, and his attitude stinks..

Dodgy and unprofessional

Plumber was asking me to disclose my credit card details over the phone. Refused to provide me an invoice for the job to prove that the job was done at my rental property. Once I paid by bank transfer plumber was asking me to provide a bank statement.
Tap doctor payment system makes me feel really uncomfortable as they request personal financial details over the phone and demand payment to be done instantly.

Anonnamous

AnonnamousPerth, WA

Over priced, underdelivered

Requested a plumber to fix blocked drain, attendend within 2hrs which was good. Fixed the clogged drain ok and left. Was not home at the time, when I returned I found the plumber borrowed my own equipment and left electrical cords, torches and hoses lying around our back yard, he also broke our coop fence and did not tell us. The high charge out rate of $250min plus $150 per hr after the first hr does not align with the low quality of service and care taken to complete this job. Poor value delivered for cost, will not use again.

vlad i.

vlad i.Perth, WA

Ripp off!!!! stay away!!

got a quote for $1200 but ended up getting a final bill of $4400 - the plumber changed everything without asking us first and most of the time he was here he was just walking around the garden but we got 13 hours of labor charge - don't trust this company!!!

Anne

AnnePerth, WA

Very disappointed

good job but Fleeced

I paid $250. for a 10 minute job, replacing the inlet valve and outlet washer of toilet cistern that included parts which to a maximum might have cost $50. I should become a plumber $1200. - per hour not bad.

Mrs W

Mrs WPerth, WA

passive aggressive sales techniques

Excellent service

Based on promptness and pleasant demeanour.
I cannot speak highly enough of the service I received. It is the second time I have used Tap Dr, and I would never bother with anyone else.
Thank you Charlie!!

Great job - thanks!!

Peter changed out my gas cooktop in a very professional and timely manner. He followed all the correct protocols, checking for gas leaks notifying relevant authorities. He was very prompt and phoned ahead just to check that our agreed time was still convenient for me.
I couldn't be happier and as always highly rate the Tap Doctor's team.
KInd regards
Vicki
West Perth

Mary H

Mary HPerth, WA

Good job!

Rang the office yesterday and had been booked in for an appointment today (none urgent repair). Staff appointed for the job was very punctual, efficient and professional. Thank you Pete.

Caroline Jane

Caroline JaneCanberra 2600, ACT

rip off

changed sistern part and one other very minor job, here for less than 20 mins and charged $350. reading other reviews confirms that they are seriously overcharging. why do l need 3 more words?

Maz

MazPerth, WA

Great customer service

Warren Cresswell, the plumber,rang us to say could he come early as his previous job, was completed, he said he would be there in 15 mins and he was, he installed our new dishwasher and removed the old one in great time, he left our kitchen , clean and tidy, a great friendly and knowlegable man,

Tonypk

TonypkPerth, WA

Great water pressure from the shower head.

Spent half a day in the garden & couldn't wait to jump into my shower, wow, what fantastic pressure thanks to Charlie who called out the previous day. The water pressure at that stage was terrible & after installing new taps & washers nothing had changed so rang Tap Doctor & Charlie arrived on time & proceeded to fix the problem of old washer seals blocking the water flow. All cleared after about 20 minutes & was charged a reasonable fee for his service. The company card is now stuck to the fridge for future reference.
Tony Dianella

Aaron

AaronPerth, WA

Total rip off

Stay away from these rip off merchants, they charged my wife $440 to change a washing machine hose. It was on a Sunday and she knew it would be a $200 call out fee but the $240 fee to change a hose which took 10 mins is a total rip off, I rang them to complain when I got home and the guy I spoke to told me out right that it was a fair price and was surprised I thought it was steep, I’ve since spoken to other plumbers who said it’s a rip off as well!

Greg

GregWestern Australia

Peace of mind

Had a high water bill
Tapdoctor came out for a inspection
Very thorough found a leaking valve on Hws was quite hard to see but now the problem is sorted
Very happy

No call out fee LOL

No call out fee because they will rip you off without it. Over charged for a new vanity tap and water heater valve. Never again. Now using local family (honest) company. Fremantle WA

George1953

George1953AU

Poor Quality Handyman Charges Tradesman Rates.

Changed my tap washers. Didn't even reem the taps. Less than a week later I redid the dripping taps myself.
On the same day replaced water purifier canister which had a hair line crack and replaced filters.
Fitted 2 sediment filters instead of 1 sediment 1 micro filter. Probably doesn't know the difference. Didn't tighten canister properly.. Some time later my kitchen was flooded. 2am Christmas morning my house was flooded. The canister he replaced cracked. Not his fault, just the poor quality material used.