2Thermann Large Electric Storage 250L Single (3.6 kW)

Thermann Large Electric Storage 250L Single (3.6 kW)

VerifiedMPNs:250THMB136 and 9507809
2Thermann Large Electric Storage 250L Single (3.6 kW)
2.6

Paul18 posts
Tracey
TraceySydney, NSW3 posts
  Large Electric Storage 250L Single

I have never had a hot water system fail so quickly

It was made in 2019, and has just failed. I’m really disappointed . It services a house of 2.

I am personally used to hit water systems lasting a good 10 years plus so 4 years was a huge letdown.

Thankfully the local plumbers were great and replaced the thermostat within 24 hours.but I am disappointed that this system has cost us another $200 and inconvenience so early in it’s life. Show details

Dave
Dave South East Queensland, QLD
  Verified Large Electric Storage 250L Single
robert
robertNew South Wales4 posts

System failure before 5 years

I bought a thermann hot water system on 11/03/2016 which means it is less than 5 years old and it failed this morning. It is a disappointment for a well branded name like yours to fail within that period time. My old system lasted 14 years. I was not expecting that long but at least to last for the first 5 years which it has not. Very disappointed. I had to pay $200 for something it should covered under your warranty (7 years)  Show details
tropheusking1980
tropheusking1980South East Queensland, QLD10 posts

Was working fine now not producing enough hot water for 4 people

Installed by a licenced plumber and it replaced a 17 yr old Saxon. Less than 5 years on and with regular servicing it's now not producing enough hot water for 2 adults and 2 kids. Have tried to contact them to no avail. I will never buy another one and will be telling everyone to steer clear Show details
Peter M.Hobart, TAS3 posts

Rubbish Product & Warranty

Warranty replacement of leaking tank 6-8 mths after $1600 purchase. Plumbers charged $304.50 for “difficult warranty install”. Install ONLY occurred because of their faulty product and I was forced to pay the installation which took 1 plumber 4 hrs and he was assisted by my son. Install comprised cutting and installing one 30 cm length of pipe with 2 pieces, lifting tank over toilet with assistance of my son . Show details
Marty D.
Marty D.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Great Product and been in house for 2 years now hasn't missed a beat

Installed and recommended by my mate who is a plumber. Supports a family of 4.
Will be putting a 315 in my new house that I am moving into in 4 weeks just because we are getting dishwasher Show details

Jennifer G.
Jennifer G. · Large Electric Storage 250L Single (3.6 kW)

I had one of these put in 2015 (8yrs). It has been leaking quite olot over the last few days. Is this normal? What could be the problem. I would expect that a system would last longer than this. My last one lasted 15 years.

Thermann   DM

Hello Jennifer, Sorry to hear you are having this issue. If you could please get in touch via update@thermann.com.au we would love to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Thermann Hot Water

Steve C.
Steve C. · Large Electric Storage 250L Single (3.6 kW)

Hi I have a Thurman 250THMB 136 which was manufactured January 2019. The unit will only shower 3 people before it runs out , and will not be hot again the next morning . Even if it runs out early in the day it will not be hot again till the next day.

Steve C.

Thanks for the quick response, I’ve sent details to update @thermann and look forward to a reply from one of your technicians.
Thanks again

Thermann   DM

Thank you Steve, We look forward to assisting you.

Prasanna R.
Prasanna R. · Large Electric Storage 250L Single (3.6 kW)

My owner installed this two months ago and from that my electricity Bill gone too much up. We are just two people but we don’t use 250 litres but don’t know what to do to bring down my electricity bill. My washing machine or dishwasher doesn’t use hot water. All we use hot water for shower and vessels clean in sink like 10 minutes of each maximum. What to do?

Compare all Thermann Large Electric Storage listings
CategoryElectric Hot Water Storage SystemsElectric Hot Water Storage SystemsElectric Hot Water Storage SystemsElectric Hot Water Storage Systems
Price (RRP) $1,125.22$885.61$952.70$1,296.53
TypeStorageStorageStorageStorage
Dimensions 1445 x 620 mm1090 x 530 mm1315 x 530 mm1765 x 620 mm
Capacity250.00L125.00L160.00L315.00L
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)
  • MPN: 250THMB136 and 9507809