Thin Lizzy UCurl Auto Curler

Thin Lizzy UCurl Auto Curler

See the Best Hair Stylers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Thin Lizzy

• Hair Length Medium (8) and Long (5)
  • Hair Style Straight (8) and Wavy (5)
  • Hair Care

Disappointed in the Ucurl

I love this product It's easy to use, with thick hair I need to do more curls. It's just after 14mths it wont charge. Can't use it, this is dissappointing

Purchased in for $170.

Merlin T.Mid North Coast, NSW

Terrible Service

I have been waiting since March to sort out this problem with the Hair Curler, Could not get a refund, so sent the product back, and still no assistance from the company when they received the item back or what they propose to do. This is the worst company and does not stand by its products. Never will I buy their products again and shall be advising all my friends of this terrible experience.

Merlin T.

Thank you for your response it would have been nice if an update had been done, there would have been
no nastiness, and unpleasant review remarks. Communication is so important.

Makes curling so easy

I love this curler it's so easy to use and the curls last it had many different heat and time settings to achieve the curl you are after. I have thick hair and unfortunately it did go flat after 45min and I was only half way through so I had to charge to finish my hair it can he used while charging but dose need 1-2 bars of battery. I left it change for 1h while I did my make-up and other things and then finished my hair with it plugged in. It takes about 2 to 2.5 hours to charge fully. I think it's a great little tool and will definitely be using more often. The below image is heat 200 14 seconds. These curls are still the same after a nights sleep.

Purchased in for $179.

Gfffyuu
GfffyuuCentral Queensland, QLD

Dusnt charge well or last ling

Curls great but charge runs out in 10mins which is not enough time to do all my hair and takes hrs to recharge. Charge runs out even when turned off and not being used. Would mot recommend.

Purchased in .

DMW-ARP
DMW-ARPGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Loving this product

I've seen a few reviews stating it won't charge or turn on, but I've personally been lucky with mine. I bought it at half off (as I always wait for Thin Lizzy's 50% off sale and buy up then). It takes about an hour to charge and then you can use it for 30-40 minutes on its battery power. I also purchased the fast charging power cord with it, so I can use it while it's plugged in as well. It's super easy to use and I can get a head full of curls in 5 miute. I'm absolutely loving this product

Purchased in at Thin Lizzy for $84.99.

L Mac
L MacPerth, WA

Doesn’t charge & won’t turn on

Complete waste of time & money. Hasn’t worked since I bought it, initially would turn on then do one curl & turn off. Now after leaving on charge overnight, indicates it’s charging but refuses to turn on?

Not something I would recommend

Takes sometime to heat up, before cooling off quite quickly. Gives a slight wave in your hair, but you need to repeat to get the mildest effect. This product is not for me.

Purchased in at Thin Lizzy for $169.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Christmas gift ideas for the beauty lover in your life

christmas-gift-ideas-for-the-beauty-lover-in-your-life

Thin Lizzy U curl

I purchased mine today. It won’t charge. The battery sign indicates it’s charging but ...it’s a liar. If I try to use it plugged in, I manage to do 1 tiny curl and it switches off. Why?

Purchased in at Shaver Shop Physical store.

• Incentivised Review No
  • Hair Length Medium
  • Hair Style Straight
N J.
N J.New South Wales

Faulty Ucurl - poor Customer Service

Ucurl screen doesn't work. Complained and sent them the requested video. Have never heard from them since. Save your money and put it towards a reputable company. Thin Lizzy products are poor quality, and when they're faulty they refuse to do anything about it. The Customer Service is disgraceful! Avoid at all costs.

Purchased in at Thin Lizzy for $85.

• Incentivised Review No

Dee
DeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No charger, no apology, no help

Product arrived without a charging cord. Thin Lizzy unable to supply? No apology offered, they simply tell me to go and buy a charging cord with a $20 voucher they offer?!?!?! Don’t even bother to tell me what type of cord I need. Multiple emails exchanged and I still don’t know what type of cord I need to buy? This was a Christmas present for my daughter. I’m still trying to get a straight answer 10 days later. Buyer beware

Sel jade
Sel jadeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love love love it!

My hair is thick and frizzy and I got tired of straightening it. My lovely partner bought this for me for Xmas and I love it. No problems so far with it turning off. Got my long thick hair done in less than 20 minutes. Pricey, but worth it!

Kim
KimSydney, NSW

Great curler. I love it!

This is the first curler that I’ve been able to get good results for. Takes me about 25mins to curl all of my hair. Uses about half of the battery for a whole head. Curl stays all day. Very happy with it.

Purchased in for $85.

cute2883
cute2883Northeast, VIC

Can never complete my hair.

This curler works well but it turns itself off after a little while and then takes more than 30 minutes before you can turn it back on. I’ve had to leave the house with my hair half curled before. Very frustrating.

Purchased in at Thin Lizzy for $170.

Jenni S
Jenni SGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Hair got stuck

I'm a hairdresser and my mum gave me this for my birthday and my hair got caught in it. I had to cut a large chunk out. I messaged the company and they didn't even respond. Don't recommend terrible quality

Nakita T.
Nakita T.asked

Had mine for just under a year and all of a sudden it won't charge... when I plug it in the display lights up with "888" it looks like it's charging for a bit but then after a while just stops and won't do anything. Pretty annoying

Rubygraceasked

I have somehow lost the charging cord to my Thin Lizzy auto curler. Does anyone know if spares available or another cord will charge it?

Rubygrace

Thanks so much, I hadn’t thought of trying other appliance cords. I’m trying charge cord for Bose Wifi speaker now and if that works, fine. Otherwise I will photo the port and send.

Kimberly S.
Kimberly S.

Hi Rubygrace
A Samsung C Phone Charger Cord Fits the U Curl

David T.
David T.asked

My thin lizzy curl won't charge and I've only used it once I thort it was the charger but it works fine when I charge my phone which is a type c charger

See all Thin Lizzy UCurl Auto Curler questions

Get an answer from our members and Thin Lizzy representatives

The Thin Lizzy AutoCurler is a cordless, single barrel curler designed to make curling hair fast and easy.

Features:

• The curler is multipurpose, you can make tight or loose curls
  • 6 heat settings and 4 timer settings
  • Two way rotation, can position curls left and right
  • A safety guard is in place so you don’t burn yourself while trying to curl your hair

At $169.99, this curler is a cheaper alternative to other big brands, an option for if you want to try out a curler for the first time but don’t want to spend too much money. Though be warned, caution should be used as hair can become trapped in the curling barrel. For seasoned hair curler users, it might be best to go with a premium brand such as GhD or Dyson.

CategoryHair Stylers