Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric

See the Best Electric Breast Pumps in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Decor Guru_11

Decor Guru_11

Good but not great

Pump works really well for the first few weeks but found suction decreased after that time. It was super disappointing which led me to my milk supply slowing down. Its a good price but I would only recommend it for short term use.

Purchased in August 2019 at Big W.

Suj

Suj

This is just perfect

It is just perfect and comfortable and very effective pump it has Three different speed setting which is good and easy to travel with that but sometimes cleaning make me worse and i use 4-5 times in a day .

Purchased in August 2019 at Baby Bunting for $99.00.

Kieren A.

Kieren A.Murray Region, NSW

Poor design but for 99...

Poor design, it leaks air and milk first use out of the box. Used it for a week and put it in the black hole cupboard. All their other products have been great bar this.

Purchased in April 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $99.00.

Feeding Methods Baby Formula and Breastfeeding
Mona

MonaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent customer service

I bought a breast pump in June. Suction stopped in mid September. I thought I am low with my milk. Tried it with manual pump and hand express. Milk supply was ok. Called Tommie tippy customer service and explained them the issue. Same day I was able to return and get a new one in exchange with no added cost. Product( breast pump) not so great but Excellent customer service. I use everything Tommie tippy for my baby it looks pretty, easy and quick to use. I think it’s just the breast pump I had issues with so far.

Purchased in June 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $135.00.

Feeding Methods Baby Formula

Emma

EmmaSydney, NSW

Not so great...

As I first opened the product sterilised it and it was working fine but then the next time I washed it it wasn’t sucking properly which really disappoints me because I waited $100 for nothing now I’m thinking of just trying the manual pump

Purchased in June 2019 at Target Australia.

Ashleigh J.

Ashleigh J.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great difficulties

I was given this breast pump just before the birth of my first child. We were having attachment issues so I would have to pump every 3-4 hours. This particular pump was painful to use and did not fit the breast properly - it left marks and I felt dread at the thought of having to use it.

The pump had issues with suction as it had to be held in exactly the right position to ensure it worked correctly - it wasn't airtight. Furthermore, cleaning it after use was an arduous process as their are so many pieces that seem superfluous. The pump was also noisy and scared my puppy... the droning sound it made started to drive me mental.

I was happy to upgrade to a different model/brand that did not have these issues.

Purchased in May 2019.

Alexandra k

Alexandra k

Painful

This pump is painful, leaves marks on my nipples.
When I contacted Tommee Tippee they said the horn is one size fits all and there’s nothing they can do.
Women are not one size fits all and very disappointing they don’t stand by their products.
Don’t waste your money.

Purchased in March 2019 for $130.00.

Kate

KateMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great pump

This pump was very affordable and is very comfortable and easy to use.
It works great to express which helps with more supply.
It is very portable to take where ever you want

Purchased in November 2018 for $149.00.

Feeding Methods Baby Formula
Chris

ChrisSouth Australia, 5017

It's Not The 'Breast' .... But OK

This has been a great purchase as a first time Mum, reading some of the reviews i was a little sceptical. However with something like this, the persons body also factors in to how good this pump will work. I find it relatively comfortable, the amount of milk is not consistent though, but i cant say it is the product itself failing in that area or myself with not enough milk. Being the Tommee Tippee brand the amount of accessories are great, and the popularity means they are easy to find. This was purchased on special, i wouldnt recommend purchasing it for the RRP of $200, but at half price or close to... why not.

Purchased in April 2019 at Baby Bunting for $99.00.

pahulumafi

pahulumafiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It’s alright

It worked for me!! It was comfortable for me personally as I have never used a breast pump before and I had flat nipples. It helped draw out my nipples (tmi) but yea I’ve seen a lot of reviews where the suction wasn’t good enough but for me it was just right I would only recommend this product if you need a breast pump cheap and ASAP! But I would say to invest in a good breast pump if you are wanting more kids time goes fast with kids it’s always handy to have a back up!

Purchased in February 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $65.99.

Alana

AlanaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing!

I love this pump! I had it with my first however gave it on & then when I fell pregnant again I repurchased because I loved it! It’s so comfortable and really does the job. I don’t pump much as I’m EBF but when I need to pump when I’m out it’s amazing, & so easy and compact! Overall I’m super thrilled with how this pump operates & how effective it is!

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting for $100.00.

Raj

RajSydney, NSW

Take too long time

Pump is okay but too slow and noisy
Take too long time to fill the bottle More than hour to fill 60/70 ml milk Milk leaking from it and painful also

Purchased in April 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $100.00.

Feeding Methods Baby Formula and Breastfeeding

Ange

AngeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It does the job, but at a slow rate

This pump is ok, it does the job it is meant. I just found it to be very slow, loud (especially when I have a newborn sleeping) and messy. Often milk leaking from it.

Purchased in June 2018 at Baby Bunting for $100.00.

Josh

Josh

Not worth the discount price

We used this pump for less than a week.
My wife thought there was an issue with her supply.
The parts are annoying to clean, taking the silicon part off is tedious.
We bought the medella pump and love it, twice as much milk in a third of the time.
Wouldn't even sell this second hand.

Purchased in July 2018 at Toys R Us / Babies R Us for $100.00.

Kirsty

KirstyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unusable

Was in constant pain trying to pump as the silicone would burn my breast tissue and there is not enough suction to get any milk out would pump for hours just to get 40mils.

Purchased in February 2019 at Baby Bunting for $99.00.

Leah

LeahDarling Downs, QLD

Great Breast Pump

This pump is great value for money. It is easy to assemble, use, disassemble and sterilise. It is comfortable to use, compact to store and effective with expressing milk. Very happy.

Purchased in October 2018.

Abbie

AbbieNorth Queensland, QLD

Excellent and practical

I love this electric pump! I love that it has four different pump settings for a light or deeper pump or based on your baby’s sucking capability to reduce nipple damage. The fact you can plug it in or use it as a portable device makes it super practical for pumping on the go. It also is good to go straight into a bottle or express n go pouches of which I use both.

I found it great and user friendly as a first time mum who is unsure of how a pump should be used. Instructions explained everything including the different settings.

The only negative I have is that when actually cleaning the main funnel the silicone comes away and you need to dry in between, then it’s difficult to secure back on.

Purchased in May 2018 at Catch for $123.00.

Bree

Bree

Great to have on hand when needed

I bought this 4 years ago when my daughter was born and exclusively expressed for the first 3 wks. It was a life saver. I really didn't use it much beyond that. Fast forward to baby number 2 and this pump is being used to empty the breasts when baby becomes fussy and will be taking it overseas shortly to express for a wedding. It's affordable, easy to use, cleans easily, expresses enough for my needs, and compact for travel purposes. I don't have anything to compare it to but it has certainly done the job for me. I did feel like if I were exclusively expressing for a long period of time I might trial others first to compare effectiveness but this is totally fine for my needs.

Purchased in February 2015 at Big W Retail Stores for $130.00.

Schae B

Schae BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Only so-so

This pump is great for new Mums however as my breast milk progressed, I found that it was too slow and couldn’t keep up with my milk supply. It didn’t pump in a timely manner and I ended up resorting to expressing via hand.

Purchased in August 2017 at Baby Bunting for $39.00.

ElleM

ElleMNewcastle

Do not waste your money!!

I purchased this pump due to having the ‘closer to nature’ breast feeding starter kit. The pump was only $190 compared to others that were upward of $250.

Due to the pump I was only able to express 60mls per sitting and that was on each breast. Not to mention this took an hour to do. I would often have to stop pumping and wipe out the breast shield as it was making a whistling noise indicating that air was getting in when expressing.

I contacted the place of purchase and explained my concerns who kindly refunded the me the money for the pump and I pirchased the medela swing! Absolutley amazing! I now express 60mls from one breast in 10 minutes. Do not waste your time with the Tomee Tipee Pump! Not worth the money or the tears!