Excellent and practical

I love this electric pump! I love that it has four different pump settings for a light or deeper pump or based on your baby’s sucking capability to reduce nipple damage. The fact you can plug it in or use it as a portable device makes it super practical for pumping on the go. It also is good to go straight into a bottle or express n go pouches of which I use both.

I found it great and user friendly as a first time mum who is unsure of how a pump should be used. Instructions explained everything including the different settings.

The only negative I have is that when actually cleaning the main funnel the silicone comes away and you need to dry in between, then it’s difficult to secure back on.

Purchased in May 2018 at Catch for $123.00.

Usage Frequency Long-term
Milk Expressing FrequencyFrequently (more than once a day)
Feeding Methods Breastfeeding

Great to have on hand when needed

I bought this 4 years ago when my daughter was born and exclusively expressed for the first 3 wks. It was a life saver. I really didn't use it much beyond that. Fast forward to baby number 2 and this pump is being used to empty the breasts when baby becomes fussy and will be taking it overseas shortly to express for a wedding. It's affordable, easy to use, cleans easily, expresses enough for my needs, and compact for travel purposes. I don't have anything to compare it to but it has certainly done the job for me. I did feel like if I were exclusively expressing for a long period of time I might trial others first to compare effectiveness but this is totally fine for my needs.

Purchased in February 2015 at Big W Retail Stores for $130.00.

Usage Frequency Short-term
Milk Expressing FrequencyOccasionally (once a day or less)

Only so-so

This pump is great for new Mums however as my breast milk progressed, I found that it was too slow and couldn’t keep up with my milk supply. It didn’t pump in a timely manner and I ended up resorting to expressing via hand.

Purchased in August 2017 at Baby Bunting for $39.00.

Usage Frequency Long-term
Milk Expressing FrequencyOccasionally (once a day or less)
Feeding Methods Breastfeeding

Do not waste your money!!

I purchased this pump due to having the ‘closer to nature’ breast feeding starter kit. The pump was only $190 compared to others that were upward of $250.

Due to the pump I was only able to express 60mls per sitting and that was on each breast. Not to mention this took an hour to do. I would often have to stop pumping and wipe out the breast shield as it was making a whistling noise indicating that air was getting in when expressing.

I contacted the place of purchase and explained my concerns who kindly refunded the me the money for the pump and I pirchased the medela swing! Absolutley amazing! I now express 60mls from one breast in 10 minutes. Do not waste your time with the Tomee Tipee Pump! Not worth the money or the tears!

Fine for those who don’t pump regularly

This pump does the job in that it will express milk but personally I think it’s better for those who pump maybe once a day or every other day.
In the end I had to pump exclusively so this breast pump just didn’t do it.

It caused mastitis as it doesn’t fully empty the breasts. It also just has the option to increase the sucking intensity and nothing else which doesn’t necessarily make pumping quicker.
The breast shield is one size so not ideal if you have larger breasts.

For me the Medela swing is a much better on the go breast pump device. Yes it’s more expensive but it’s well worth the price. The Tommee Tippee pump is good value but only if you use it infrequently.

Useless!

Extremely disappointed with this pump. I usually express about 30-40 mins 3-4 times a day and the noise alone is enough to drive you up the wall. I usually cover the motor with something to reduce the sound but doesn’t make much difference! The suction is poor and the uncomfortable pinching feeling you get while expressing and cracked nipples aren’t worth it even at half price. Too many parts to clean and clear tube sometimes falls off during use. I’ve just purchased a Medela Swing Maxi which hopefully I’ll have better luck with! Do yourself a favour and don’t let the cheap price fool you. You pay for what you get and I’d never recommend this product to anyone!

Takes a while but does the job

Since bub was born - i pumped atleast once a day (still do at 5 months every night at 10pm) and it would take around 30mins per side and only get 50ml each side if I’m lucky after all that time. After 3 months I decided to get a Medela manual pump because 1. TT (Tommee Tippee) pump needs to be held a certain way or it won’t work. 2. It was taking too long. 3. Pretty noisy 4. Bulky 5. My milk supply seemed to be getting less and less?
After getting the medela, I still pump around 60ml either side however that’s in less than 10mins each side. No noise, easy to hold, can usually sit in any comfortable position without having to worry about milk flowing back or up the tube etc. I am glad I made the switch.

Useless for large breasts

Aside from the noise and complicated nature of the multiple parts, the pump pinches larger sized nipples and resulted in a severe case of mastitis after only four days of use. After spending $100 on this (half price sale), I then had to go and pay another $300 for the Medela Swing with a large breast shield. I even asked the company if they had a larger shield before upgrading.

In short, if you have small nipples and enjoy middle of the night jigsaw puzzles while you're half asleep followed by waking everyone within a 100m radius with the sound of your breast pump, then wait until it's on special. It's not worth $200. Or, save your sanity and just fork out for the Medela.

Don't!

Very weak suction - used it on one breast while using my manual avent pump on the other. The manual pump expressed more than double the amount of milk in the same amount of time. Milk made the flange slippery and it fits poorly on larger breasts. Flanges only come in one size. Three settings but it merely improves the frequency of the weak suction rather than the intensity.

Unreliable broke within a month.

Has poor suction and was very noisy now broken due to not sealing would expect it to last a bit longer and having to find a different option to feed with as baby has thrush would definitely or recommend buying this pump it was a waste of money in my opinion

This pump is so easy!

I love this breast pump, I previously had the tommee tippee hand pump and upgraded as it was on sale at baby bunting. It was definitely worth the money. I like how it has three different pump settings and not too many parts. It also came in a super convenience storage container which is also a steriliser.

Good price, uncomfortable to use

I brought a whole set of Tommee Tippee electric pump when my baby was born. It is a very cheap price compare to other brands in the market. It is okay for use. However, it is very uncomfortable to use. It comes with many separate parts. I have to assemble and unassemble every time when I cleaned it after my wife used.

Really unhappy with this electric pump

My manual pump works much better. Really disappointed would like a refund. Suction is terrible. pump is so loud. Never pumps much milk. The valve didn't have a hole when i first bought it. Too many pump parts. My manual madela and hakkaa work much better. I was exclusively pumping but this pump ruined my supply

Weak and Uncomfortable

My wife and I bought this product on a discounted price thought we got a nice product on bargain. We were totally wrong! The product does not meet our expectations due to uncomfortable design which make it hard to assemble and clean. More important, the motor is unbelievably noisy and weak as it takes a long time to collect the breast milk. This is frustrating specially during night when mothers are in rush to have a quick nap before their baby wakes up again. My wife have to bend forward to help the milk flow, this clearly shows what a low quality product it is. Unfortunately upon contacting Tommee Tippee support after several emails and several questions asked by them answered by us we are still waiting for a refund solution which seems impossible or extremely hard to get. Not recommended!

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric

Like this electric pump, very convenient, comfortable and very good, I generally use this product every 2 days, this product is very small, easy to carry, sucked out of the milk, can clearly know the milk production, I will be based on my child's situation to suck milk, very convenient for a product.

Comfortable and convenient

I rate this four stars. The parts are kind of fiddly, you have to remove everything to clean, but I use my tommee tippee sterilizer to pop all the parts in that way it's ready for my next use. I pump 3 times a day and get 150ml on each breast. I find this machine to be convenient and comfortable. Quite easy once you get into a routine of expressing and cleaning. The only thing I fault is the clear tube tends to fall off sometimes which is a bit annoying but other than that I would recommend this product

Good noisy like someone's farting lol

I have this pump and I use it. Cleaning the parts is a bit fiddly you have to pull apart lots of parts. But I use the medela flange so it works for me because it got two parts only.Just noisy thats all I complain but everything is good suction selection. I haven't tried using just the battery. Got reasonable price bought for $129 :)

Fiddly, no speed settings but suction ok.

Its ok if your given it or buy 2nd hand but I wouldn't recommend buying at full price as its fiddly with the components and doesnt have speed settings only suction power settings. The suction cord goes in at both ends in a tiny slot and small movement can make it come out while pumping and the flange part does same if you move. Also the whole thing likes to tip over if you dont sit it against something when u put it down for break between breasts and i can assure you... you will cry over your spilt milk. I had an advent pump with previous children, i will be going back to this shortly as im frustrated with this pump.

Absolutely terrible and a waste of money

The pump is extremely loud, loses suction super fast and is not worth the price. The large rubber outside makes it really slippery if any milk spills. I ended up paying an extra $100 for a spectra S2 and this is the best thing I’ve done. Would never recommend the Tommee Tippee to anyone.

Waist of money

Bought a breast pump but it did not work properly as milk did not flow to the bottle and get stuck in the middle of the pump. It was a manufacturing defect with a valve. It took me moren than a week to resolve the issue with a seller. Eventually a pump was fixed by the seller but I waisted a lot of time. I would rather go for another pump next time.